Do You Wear Womens' Shoes Besides Heels

mskim61

Yes and no. I do buy certain sneakers (Nikes xcellerators, for example) that come in the same style for both men and women.. interseting side story... A few years ago I saw a pair of Colombia hikers that I HAD to have.. I was bummed out when the store did'nt have my size in stock, so I asked the sales lady if they might have anymore in the back. She went and looked, but they were all out of mens 9s'....... What she asked me next absolutely floored me. She asked "would you like to try a womens 10 because we have plenty in stock, and they are the same color"..... ABSOLUTELY!.. I wore those things to death..lol After I wore them out, I bought a second pair in mens 9, but they just were'nt the same..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Why. Except for heels these days there actually is no difference. All the athletic shoes are the same, sandles same, birkenstocks (spelling sorry) same. Heels are the only feminin footware no longer sold to men.

Yes, I wear all kinds of women's shoes. I have very few "men's" shoes left. I started wearing women's loafers because of the width of my feet (narrow - B width). Men's shoes are too expensive to buy in a "B" width because they need to be special ordered. Well made women's shoes can be bought for around $50. I now have close to 50 pairs of loafers/sneakers/sandals/clogs/mules/boots. I wear them everywhere. 4 of my recent purchases have been in the 3" heel range. My most recent boot is in my avatar -- 3.5" Even my family has become used to me in my "womens" shoes.

I certainly do. several different pairs of flat boots & shoes, I really dont have any exept regular MENS dress shoes that I had got for my sister's wedding this summer (which by the way are VERY comfortable, almost like sport shoes!)

Whilst I do buy heels, they are not women's shoes, they are mine. I know that they were designed with women in mind, but there is not, I am sure, a huge number of women with size 12 or 13 feet, so it would seem that the manufacturers intend them to be men's shoes too, or else why would they make them in our sizes?

Yes, I wear a pair of flat shoes which came from the womens section of a catalogue, as well as borrowing some of my wifes shoes occasionally for short shopping trips. They're more comfortable.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

You mean to tell me there's women's shoes besides heels? WOW! I didn't know that! Heh! Just kidding! Nope, if it ain't got a high heel, I ain't interested!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

almost all of my footwear was intended for women. flats / clogs / boots (love boots!) / mj's / sandals / you name it, they came from the ladies aisles. i have to agree with somebodies statement earlier, i don't see many women wearing a 12w shoe and so i think some manufacturers are catering to men who wear feminine footwear. men's footwear is like men's clothing. very limited and mostly seems aimed at just not exposing our nakedness. skirts & boots ROCK! r1g0r (wearing skirts to work 100% of the time now)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Thank you Fiddler. When asked, Are those womens shoes you are wearing? My reply is, are they on a woman? Which leaves only one answer. NO! They are mens shoes as they are mine and I am a man.

real men wear heels

I also wear non-heeled woman's shoes. I've several pair of penny loafer style sports shoes with 1½" or 2" heels that I wear when obvious woman's shoes with higher heels wouldn't be appropriate for business purposes. However, I no longer own any "men's" shoes. All of the shoes I own come from the woman's side of the shoe store.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wear all types of "women's" shoes too. In fact the only pairs of "men's" shoes that I have left are work boots and a couple pairs of dress shoes that I hardly wear any more. I'm wearing my platform flip flops as I type this which should hardly be special except that is October 6 in NW Pennsylvania and in the 80's. More like July weather!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Yes, I prefer women's sneakers (which I have to find in a size 14, at least, but women's basketball shoes tend to provide me better ankle support as a whole), flats, and loafers as well.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

There is definitely an advantage to having smaller feet. I take a woman's 10, so some of my flat boots and shoes were from the women's dept. I have two pairs of boxing boots, plus some Keds that I wear on a regular basis. My favorites are still heels, but cannot wear them some times, so the flatties will have to do.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Hey, those who complimented you probably didn't even know that your footwear was targetted at women! Are the shoes totally flat, or do they have 1 or 2 inches?

They have about a 1 inch heel, but the length of the heel, from the back of the foot to where it's adjacent to your arch is shorter than the usual men's style. Plus, they are thinner in width than the usual men's style as well (which you can probably discern from the above pic).

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I've got a few pairs of womens sneakers, including the usual keds and womens versions of puma speedcats. I've gotten compliments on both the blue and black/pink pumas from women 8)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Besides the high heels, I find myself buying and wearing women's sneakers, clogs, work boots and semi dress shoes. Just interested to know if other members are so inclined.

Nope. Heels only for me, thank you. Otherwise, what's the point? If I want to wear anything flat, I have my hiking boots for that.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Plus, they are thinner in width than the usual men's style as well (which you can probably discern from the above pic).

Right! I still don't know why "male" footwear is so bulky- either horribly elongated, or much too wide. I loathe that!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!