Do You Wear Womens' Shoes Besides Heels

mskim61

I have several pairs of women's shoes that I wear on a regular basis. In fact, I don't remember the last time I wore any of the three pairs of men's shoes that I have other than projects around the house. I have several pairs of sneakers, loafers, and flip flops that I wear daily.

I have a couple of pairs of ballet flats that I really like and wear in the evenings. If you wear very high heels a lot - you must get into some flatties to look after your tendons. Guys shoes are just so clunky and heavy... the styles of womens flats are limitless. I still prefer a heel but I won't sacrifice my health/ mobility. Heel-Lover

I have a couple of pairs of boots with less than 2 inch heels that could be considered flats. I wear them under jeans when going out to places where I want to be discreet, or If I need the stability of lower heels after a few glasses of wine. Speaking of which, I may have to break out a bottle of the vintage shown in the attached pic...

post-7602-133522847573_thumb.jpg

I just love those boots in the thumbnail pic bootopia, VERY good looking on you!! check out some more of my pics of my boots (one is demonia, the other is for my NINE WEST)

I have a couple pair of women’s ballet flats I wear sometimes when doing housework. They are so comfortable on a couple of occasions I have left the house wearing them. I’ve received a few strange looks than realized what has happened. I quickly went home to change. :smile:

This question begs the question of what constitutes women's shoes vs. men's shoes. As I have thought about this over the past year, I realized that the discomfort I felt at first in wearing heels out in public was from the perception that somehow women had a total lock on high heeled shoes and they were forbidden from men. I finally decided that there was no law that said that only women should enjoy the sensation of walking around in high heels and if it gave them pleasure, then there was no reason why I shouldn't enjoy the same pleasure without any feelings of guilt. The fact that my wife had introduced me to wearing heels and was encouraging me to wear them in public probably helped a lot, but I think I would have eventually come to the same conclusion if the desire to wear high heels came as naturally to me as to many of the participants in this forum. Once I came to terms with this issue, going out in public wearing high heels became infinitely more easy.

Thank you Fiddler. When asked, Are those womens shoes you are wearing? My reply is, are they on a woman? Which leaves only one answer. NO! They are mens shoes as they are mine and I am a man.

I have actually said that to a people while out!

Style is built from the ground up!

I wear lower heels (2 " and under). I particularly love women's casuals that accentuate the arch, round off the heel and give the foot a flowing shape. Merrel Plazas are a good example. Any trainer that looks like I'm wearing a sock I find particularly stylish, the Puma Sokuto comes closest. I've recentley taken to wearing a ballerina with kitten heels when flying as they are so soft and light when wandering around the airport and so easy to slip off and on during the flight even with my feet swelling due to altitude.

post-219-133522848232_thumb.jpg

post-219-133522848235_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So what's all the fuss about?