Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

Perhaps Emery is designing shoes for Anne Klein? (kidding)

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7596665/c/60/g/women/s/15.html

The Customer Rating/Review even states, "My husband even had them on for about an hour or so before taking them off."

At nearly $300.00 a pair, I damn sure won'tbe wearing those boots, even if they came in my size! OUCH!!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sure nice to know that there are cost conscious (read: cheap) folks here who enjoy the fine art of saving money! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Posts on the "Fashion Forum" says Clinchies are $400 or more. I wouldn't say any man thinking of not buying them as "cheap," JeffB. I'd say he's just being practical because for a man to spend that much money on a pair of high woman's heel shoes for himself, in todays societial climate, is a little "over the edge" because most men (exception - Xaphod, calv, Francis) wouldn't wear them in public. And, high heels for bedroom wear are a lot cheaper -- and the thrill (at least to me) would be the same. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Clinchies are great. And, the temptation is mighty strong (only the thought of being severly beaten about the head and shoulders by my wife for spending so much on a pair of heels, has, so far kept me from taking the credit card out of my wallet.....) [

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I only have one credit card and a couple of store cards. We usually pay either by check or money order for everything. It's been years ago now that I canceled my credit cards. We only keep one for emergencies and we pay it off each month that we use it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Posts on the "Fashion Forum" says Clinchies are $400 or more. I wouldn't say any man thinking of not buying them as "cheap," JeffB. I'd say he's just being practical because for a man to spend that much money on a pair of high woman's heel shoes for himself, in todays societial climate, is a little "over the edge" because most men (exception - Xaphod, calv, Francis) wouldn't wear them in public. And, high heels for bedroom wear are a lot cheaper -- and the thrill (at least to me) would be the same. :wink:

If I found a pair of very comfortable high-heeled boots that I thought would last for a couple of years, I would have no problem paying $150 for them.

$200? You're out of your mind! $300? What are you smoking? $400? You're smoking crack!

Seriously, there are many well-made heeled boots out there for women that cost less than $100 that last them years of comfortable wear, and we men should be expecting, searching for, and rewarding the same by buying them when they're available. There's no excuse for the fashion industry to limit designs to "pukey" for the larger sizes and charge twice as much for them as they do much better-build styles for the average sizes.

Admittedly, a size 41% larger requires twice the material, but as we all know, the material is less than 20% of the cost of the shoe.

Some interesting postive responses from women as gathered from the internet recently:

A postively encouraging comment to an hhplace.org member by a Mod Squad Member at The Fashion Spot.com in the Shoes:Yay or nay? thread.

Dego, I 2nd Emery since they're for everyday. I thought that might be the case for you!

I usually won't wear mine to work because I don't want to be "too sexy" at work and look like I'm trying to climb the corporate ladder in the wrong way! If I wear them to work, it's usually with long pants to downplay the sexy stiletto and play up the pointed toe. Anyhow, that's just me and my workplace idiosyncrasies If I worked in a less conservative environment, that might not be the case. Anyhow, it's a beautiful shoe and I'm sure you'll look lovely in them!

Here's another quote from The BUST Lounge's fireblossom

in the thread titled, "womens fashions on men." Thanks to crotchhiboots for bringing this forum to my attention.

Oh i have the best timing! i just happen to look at this thread right as you posted kneehighs!

I love your picts! i think the heels go really well with your outfits. it really works well on you. I like to see people mixing up the gender with just one or two pieces, its my favourite ;)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Admittedly, a size 41% larger requires twice the material, but as we all know, the material is less than 20% of the cost of the shoe.

I'd be perfectly willing to pay a little more if they made their shoes available in larger sizes. I bet alot of members here would too.

Scotty

interesting threads. Lots of chatter on the "women's fashions on men" thread. Hard to tell the gender of the poster, though.

True. At first I was hesitant to post fireblossom's comment as I like to maintain the integrity of my contributions to this thread (positive comments from real women made to real men)...but then I read this quote from fireblossom, "i know ash!! i think there were other women posting in here....at least a while ago there were....oh well, guess ill have to go around to other threads and start recruiting!! " And then I read this post by ashlymn ,"Surely Fireblossom cannot be the only woman who enjoys a guy in women's fashions." I guess I can just keep my fingers crossed...

Quotes found HERE

Thanks Kneehighs, your comments sorte the gender issue out a little. One thing to keep in mind is that regardless of the gender of the poster, the comments are being read by both sexes and they just might alter their preception as a result.

Here are some more positive commments from women as pulled from the heels for men thread at The Fashion Spot.com. The first few comments are in response to jj11's pics found HERE.

Here is pinkmonkey's Second positive response to a man in heels. Her first was in the original Opinions On This Look thread. She's a shoe designer by the way...

I actually don't mind it at all - looks a bit 'beatnik' to me - you are certainly getting away with it!

Here's another quote from kitty97kat .

Heels on boys (heart icon)! Personally i think its hot, but i also do like drag, i find it fasinating. In the words of Napoloen Dynamite "YEESSSSSSSS"!

Here's the guru fashionista softgrey's response. She lives somewhere in Manhattan's East Village, Lower East Side and I think she is a stylist. She pretty much sums up the conclusions we have all reached at the forum:

the problem is not the heels...but they way they look with the rest of the outfit...or with the size and shape of the person wearing them...

That being said, I'm from Wisconsin for christs' sake and I think heels are fine for men. Of course, men hear wear sh*t kickers (or Carolina Boots if you're not familiar with the look) which have about a 2 inch heel so I'm used to the idea. Wear whatever you want as long as you feel good wearing it!

I think men should wear heels and try to squeeze their man feet into little tiny pointed shoes... this will give them a perspective of how much a woman has to go through in order to achieve a certain look. I know a girl who sprang her ankle 2 times because her bf likes to see her in 4inch stilletos...

I think not all woman look good in heels and vice versa not all men will look bad in heels, if it fits their style than go for it

Then a few others from hhplace.org joined the force and added their comments and photos. rockpup, xaphod, and ajott (unsure if he is an hhplace member) added pics which prompted this positive response a Mod Squad Member from Europe!

enjoying the pics guys - keep them coming!!!!

ajott, great look!

...i think it's kool u guys wear heels (smilie sending a flower icon) they should be for everyone any way.

Chioggia from Sweden added another comment:

I think that womenclothing, such as skirts and heels could look real good on men, if you just would adjust them to the male bodyshape, and learn look pass the whole thing about heels and skirts being for women only.

a bit more masculine-shaped heel i think could look hot on a man accually.

Jim from NZ has to get what is one of the most positive comments I have ever seen from tortoise:

at first, i thougtht the idea is a bit weird and disgust me in some way

but jim, those heels look awesome on u!

but can u walk with it?

u look like such a cute cow boy! awwwww.... ;) (SECOND smilie sending a flower here)

Bayoububba, is that a man's feet? or a woman's?

But i do agree, if it feels right and it LOOKS GOOD, then, go ahead, go wear heels, guys! and i do agree not all woman looks good in heels, some have such terrible walks!

well they did in the 70's i think it can look kind of hot !!

ajott, you look great in heels!

Personally I don't mind guys wearing high heels, but I don't think all guys would look good in them though :lol:

Here is one from LMK. Here is one comment she made, "Hmmm let's see...Even though I am very sporty and do weight training I can't seem to tighten my inner thighs...another thing I dislike is my lower abdomain I'm nice and toned but my lower abs just stick out...my butt is not proportional to the rest of my body...I think it sticks out to much and lastly I want to be taller...I'm 5"3.5 and 17...I want to be 5"7 5"8...guess I can dream!" which you can find in post #133 here. So she was born around 1987 for you younger guys!

I think if it's done right and looks good it looks amazing. All the more power to you guys that can pull it off!

I love all the pics you guys have posted keep them comming, and Jim you look incredible!

Here is another Mod Squad Member response, note she is from Montreal.

^ Agreed, you can't just be a guy and wear heels like that. Some guys really work it out, while others look ridiculous. It's not a question about being a guy or not, it's more the look.

A quote from a woman posting from Manhattan Beach at the time:

I know a couple guys who could rock this look. Love it.

I am not at all surprised so many people in here are against men in heels. Nor am I surprised so many people dislike the shoes at Rick Owens.

All i can say is, if I saw a guy walking down the street dressed like the guys at that show, I would probably faint. Just take me. I'm yours. Something about their effeminacymakes them so masculine to me. I can't explain it.

I really don't know what my reaction would be if I saw a dude in heels.... It wouldn't bother me, but it would take some getting used to.

All the power to you all for pulling it off quite well!

To Jim You look fantastic! I love it. I'm sure my husband would never wear heels but it's just not his style, but I like when I see it. If it suits the man.

Bravo!

i think its mostly hot. like ryan in the OC...kind of heels...every now and then...

As of the date of writing this, the last post in this thread was made by Emery on July 27. 2005. This thread was started by jj11 on November 11, 2004 and prompted a total of 208 responses during 9 months! Good job jj11, Xaphod, rockpup, bayoububba, ajott, and anyone else who contributed!

Kneehighs: That is a very interesting discussion you have found. Kind of sums up what we all know, If you like it and you look good in it, do it. Applies to anything in this life really. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

for one thing, it' good to know that men in heels is being discussed other places besides on this forum. The wider the discussion, the better for men that want to wear heels.

Finally! The word is certainly getting around and it is about time. Men can wear heels and most men look good in them. And, most of the comments are most favorable. The more the merrier. Spread the world. It is great that other Forums are suddenly realizing that men can wear heels and look good in them also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone. I certainly have not posted on the board in a long time so I dunno what hit me but I decided to post a few pics today. I hope ya'll don't mind me adding to this thread as I was unsure where to post and I did get a compliment on this outfit (I had created thread, but better to bury here).

Here are a few pics of me in my skirt and heels. I LOVE heels and skirts but I have tried to never ever mix them. I always wear my heels with jeans, and my male shoes with my skirts or kilts. I just didn't want to push things to far, well today I decide to just let it go and mix them like they logicaly should probably be.

The skirt has four pockets , 2 in the back, 2 in the front and is pleated - it is very kilt like. I have 3 of them (green , tan , brown) I purchased from fashion bug on clearance for $12 a piece, the shoes are old and I bought those at walmart but I think they go great with the skirt.

I really like the outfit below as it really comes off nice (I think anywayz for an everyday type look ;) ) and it is insanely comfortable as well.

I recieved a nice compliment on the outfit today from a co-worker who told me the shoes looked great with the skirt! :lol: Her daughter has seen the shoes and are her favorite(She loves it when I pass on my old heels to her)

Posted Image

Here is a shot from the back (Thats my kitty in the background)

Posted Image

And a shot from the front

Posted Image

And I can not forget a shot of the shoes! :D the reason for this board!

Kiltsrgr8:-) I take it that you wore that outfit to work and got a comment on it. It looks like a great work outfit to me. Skirts and blouses go very well together and you should try that combination more often as it looks good on you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Kiltsrgr8:-)

I take it that you wore that outfit to work and got a comment on it. It looks like a great work outfit to me. Skirts and blouses go very well together and you should try that combination more often as it looks good on you.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thanks for the compliment Dawn HH, But I dunno about wearing a blouse though, I stick with this type of dress shirt or polo shirts mostly. I think I push things a bit to far as it is lol. I love the heels so much but they drastically change the entire look. I dunno if it's the right thing or not, a bit much all in all I fear.

Kiltsrgr8:-) Excuse me...I took the dress shirt for a plain cotten blouse in the pic. That shirt still looked good with that skirt. What kind of job allows you to wear a skirt, hose and heels to work? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Kiltsrgr8:-)

Excuse me...I took the dress shirt for a plain cotten blouse in the pic. That shirt still looked good with that skirt. What kind of job allows you to wear a skirt, hose and heels to work?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Opps , sorry ;) I did not mean to offend you, I was just pointing out that it was a mens shirt is all sorry. Man I knew better then to start posting again , dang it all how stupid was me.

but to answer your question , at this time no job alows me to wear a skirt to work during normal working hours , nor high heels anymore.

long story short , I started wearing skirts, kilts and hose to work and it lasted about a month.

at such time I was promptly informed I would be fired if I wore a skirt or heels to work.

so I lost my heel wearing even, most folks had no problem with it and even gave me advise and many comments and compliments.

however it only takes one disatisfied manager to nerf that.

so now when everyone leaves at 4:30 , I change into my skirt or kilt and leave to pick up my wife at her job and drive home. A few of us are leaving after hours and thats how I got the compliment today.

I am down to only being alowed to have my acrlic nails under gloves most of the time and thats it , nothing else or I am fired plain and simple.

so my advise to anyone as far as work goes is don't do it.

home is different story.

my appoligies to you Dawn HH

Trolldeg Interesting point. You might be right. I guess I interpreted this statement "But wait, aren't all your shoes sexy anyway?? Maybe it's different for you" to mean that she was aware you were a man.

There is one way to find out for sure though ;)

Kiltsrgr8:-) Your cool. I'm not offended in any way. Don't think that. Don't be so hard on yourself and keep on posting as everyones post has a value to it, and no apology is necessary. Besides that, I enjoy reading your posts. It's a shame, after wearing a skirt and heels for a month, that one person could put the monkey wrench into the gears and tell you to stop or get fired. But...the job comes first if you like to eat. Stay cool. my friend. Trolldeg:-) I think you are right...Curious didn't realize that your a male. Cheers--- Dawn HH