Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that womenclothing, such as skirts and heels could look real good on men, if you just would adjust them to the male bodyshape, and learn look pass the whole thing about heels and skirts being for women only. a bit more masculine-shaped heel i think could look hot on a man accually.

When a woman who is this attractive

Posted Image

says encouraging things about men in heels, it sure is nice!

btw, she posted this picture herself on TFS, where she is a member and contributed to the men in heels thread.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Last night this girl seemed more excited about Pam and I wearing pumps than we were. She thought it was hot and was full of compliments left and right.

Another open minded woman, and easy on the eyes too.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Here's another girl who seemed okay with me wearing heels. We talked about how great a brand Bandolino was to wear as they are usually very comfortable and cheap too. She told me that as long as my pointy toed pumps were comfortable, then that was all that was important.

All very attractive women who like men in heels, that's been my experience too.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Here's another positive comment from a woman who lives in Europe. It's not from Vogue Australia, or TFS, but from a travel forum. Either way, its still encouraging. In this case, I just "came out" to her after about four private messages. Here is her reply word for word,

Why did she use the word "rebel?" In context, she explained to me how she wasn't going to be spending the holidays with her family--against the wishes of her family. So, I casually called her a rebel. And I said, "I sometimes "rebel" but in a different way. Against society for me. I can

explain more later if you are curious and open minded enough to respect it."

To which she replied, "yeah, it's not really that i want to rebel something. im concentrated on why im going to states than why im missing another "exciting" family gathering..;) anyways, i would love it if u tell me about your society rebels. Really curious to know!"

here she is

Kneehighs:-) Congrats on your finding the right kind of open-minded girls who think that men wearing heels is quite all right. It sounds like you are having all kinds of fun getting to know them. Carry on! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My toes are painted in silver chrome. Have had no problems or comments in gym locker rooms or the beach. A few days ago, we went on a barefoot boat ride for snorkeling, etc., so had to remove shoes and socks on the boat. One of the crew members asked if I lost a bet. I just said "No." The only other comment was from a girl who said she liked the polish, and it looked really nice. I said it I thought it looked better than nothing, and she said "Absolutely!" It's nice to have positive comments from women. The men are not very tolerant by comparison. But, the young boat captain was wearing earrings and a toe ring, and nobody said anything about that. See my posting under "I did it" for more comments.

Kneehighs:-)

Congrats on your finding the right kind of open-minded girls who think that men wearing heels is quite all right. It sounds like you are having all kinds of fun getting to know them. Carry on!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Thanks Dawn. There are always people who support the out of power group minority and this thread illustrates that with numerous examples, hopefully speaking to the hearts and minds of both men and woman alike.

I added the pictures to enhance the reading experience. Who knows, maybe one day I can record a conversation and post a link to it. What could come after that? Vid clips of conversations?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of downsizing the number of shoes I have, both guy and girl shoes. I'd bagged all my girl shoes up and was ready to drive to the Goodwill, when I remembered that an ex of mine who I'm still good friends with basically wears the same size that I do..

I gave her the green light to take any shoes in the bag; none were off limits.

She took the stilettos I'm wearing in the picture to the left, as well as two pairs of sandals and my platform sandals.

On her way to her car, she motioned to the stilettos and said, "I bet someone looked nice in those." All I could do was smile...

Following up on this story, on Friday I talked to her for the first time since the hurricane scattered everyone around the nation. As it turns out, she took a couple pairs of shoes that I gave her up to NC where she's in school, but left the stilettos and some other platforms back home. The plan was for her parents to send her some more stuff (with the shoes included), but that never happened and now their home is basically gone, and so are the heels.

She did let me know that she tried them on, though. She couldn't walk in 'em. She was VERY surprised to find out that I could. Then that question came...

"So, why did you have all those shoes in the first place?"

I went on to explain that my interest in women's shoes was piqued, basically since she and I were friends. I noted that on impulse, I bought the stilettos from eBay, and was hooked, but needed more functional shoes that I could reasonably wear in public and to broaden my choices in footwear. She seemed to not want to talk about it any further, but I told her that I wasn't ashamed of it, which led her to listen in and ask some more questions.

Typical questions, such as what my mom thought about it (hated it!), where I went i them (oh, just around, pretty much anywhere that any normal person goes), was there any "funny business" going on (nope, not even any crossdressing), how long did it take me to learn to walk in heels (not very). At that point, she was like, "I don't understand though. What would make you buy women's shoes?"

I just told her that the same thing that makes me buy any men's shoe. I look for comfort and style, and even from a price standpoint, women's casual shoes cost less than that of men's. At this point she was kinda beginning to understand, and I'm not exactly nervous. In a way I wanted to talk to her about it, because I figure the more people that know, the better, just as long as I'm not forcing the issue on anyone.

now she wants me to move to NC so we can trade shoes, lol

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

You should go--do not collect $200, just go. North Carolina beats Louisiana any day of the week as far as climate and scenery goes, even without a potential female friend. Especially in and around Asheville.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hey there everyone. I certainly have not posted on the board in a long time so I dunno what hit me but I decided to post a few pics today. I hope ya'll don't mind me adding to this thread as I was unsure where to post and I did get a compliment on this outfit (I had created thread, but better to bury here).

Here are a few pics of me in my skirt and heels. I LOVE heels and skirts but I have tried to never ever mix them. I always wear my heels with jeans, and my male shoes with my skirts or kilts. I just didn't want to push things to far, well today I decide to just let it go and mix them like they logicaly should probably be.

The skirt has four pockets , 2 in the back, 2 in the front and is pleated - it is very kilt like. I have 3 of them (green , tan , brown) I purchased from fashion bug on clearance for $12 a piece, the shoes are old and I bought those at walmart but I think they go great with the skirt.

I really like the outfit below as it really comes off nice (I think anywayz for an everyday type look :lol: ) and it is insanely comfortable as well.

I recieved a nice compliment on the outfit today from a co-worker who told me the shoes looked great with the skirt! :lol: Her daughter has seen the shoes and are her favorite(She loves it when I pass on my old heels to her)

Posted Image

Here is a shot from the back (Thats my kitty in the background)

Posted Image

And a shot from the front

Posted Image

And I can not forget a shot of the shoes! :lol: the reason for this board!

kiltsrgr8, that skirt certainly suits you. It suits your bodyshape thus you can pull it off very well! ;)

But I really love those shoes! Where did you get them from? I already have a pair of Mary-Janes I bought earlier this year. They've only had one outting but I plan to have many more in them! :lol: Mary-Janes certainly are one of my favourite shoes! :D

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Whatever your plans Danielle, I hope that everything works out for you. You've been through alot.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this Saturday night I found myself in Manhattan's Meatpacking District's ONE yet again.

While at the bar eating my duck spring rolls with mango sauce, I looked over to my right and had the opportunity to talk with this lady. Turns out she was born in Greece, runs a few businesses from her homes in Toronto and Mexico, was doing research on modeling the concept of ONE in a similar neighborhood in Toronto, and she was VERY open minded. She's a succesful independent minded entrepreneur.

During the course of my conversation with her, I turned the topic to include social "norms". To which she replied that if something makes you happy, then you should do it whether or not society approves. With a perfect segue laid out for me to unveil my black Nine West 4" pumps, I stated, "So what do you think of my shoes?" (Many times in conversations with people I FRAGMENT the conversation. In other words, I'll talk about topic A, then change the subject to topic B, then go back to topic A later. Seems like some people are even more deeply involved in topic A the second time than if I hadn't talked about topic :D.

"OOOhhhh, I love them! I luuuuuvvvv the pointy toe. I was just telling my friend how women are usually the only one's who wear pointy toed shoes and they should make more for men."

"thanks for the compliment," I replied.

"Let me see the whole thing" she said.

So I lifted up my shoe so she could see the entire pump.

Her mouth opened a bit with a slightly surprised look on her face. But then she stated, "I think it's different but good."

"So in reference to breaking 'normal' traditional constructs, you think it's okay. So you wouldn't have a problem being seen with a man in public wearing these?" I asked.

Then she acted like I was the one with the problem and she said, "Why would I? If its something that makes you happy, do it. I think its different, but okay." Then she went on to tell me a great inspirational metaphor about criticism -- in full support of public street heeling.

Hodja and his son went on a journey once. Hodja preferred that his son ride the donkey and that he himself go on foot. On the way they met some people who said:

-Look at that healthy young boy! That is today's youth for you. They have no respect for elders. He rides on the donkey and makes his poor father walk!

When they had passed by these people the boy felt very ashamed and insisted that he walk and his father ride the donkey. So Hodja mounted the donkey and the boy walked at his side. A little later they met some other people who said:

-Well, look at that! That poor little boy has to walk while his father rides the donkey.

After they had passed by these people, Hodja told his son:

-The best thing to do is for both of us to walk. Then no one can complain.

So they continued on their journey, both of them walking. A little ways down the road they met some others who said:

-Just take a look at those fools. Both of them are walking under this hot sun and neither of them are riding the donkey!

Hodja turned to his son and said:

-That just goes to show how hard it is to escape the opinions of men.

Then she went on to say that no matter what you do you'll be criticized. So her opinion was that I should wear heels, that she would willingly be seen with me in public in them, and if it makes me happy, do it. She was too old for my taste (46), but her age adds to Emery's Biologically Imperative Theory that older women that can no longer bear children are more prone to support street heeling men than women that still have the biological capacity to reproduce.

Nice outcome there, eh?

Personally, I like mature women. They not only are more tolerant of men in heels, but overall are much more level headed. They can also be downright beautiful, as can be seen in your pic, kneehighs.

• 3 weeks later...

One small step for me, one bigger step for men in heels.

In an effort to advance our "cause" I've been posting pics of myself in another thread over at the Fashion Spot.com

The name of this thread is What are you wearing today?

This thread is void of the stigma associated with the men in heels thread. One regular member complimented on other parts of my outfits, "-kneehighs...fun Diesel tshirt (have seen it in guys round here and never liked it much but it looks really cool on you). very nice distressed jeans and i love your belt!"

But more specific to our cause, I got praise for my heels!

you are working those heels kneehighs! heart icon inserted here

This is progress guys, for if we can get the people with the most exacting standards for fashion sense conditioned to accept a man in heels how much more will we be able to get the general public to accept it.

The following doesn't necessarily relate directly to shoes, but it describes an open minded woman. There is a poster at the mens style.com forum who goes by the name FOXXY.

Click HERE to see her picture.

In the thread titled, Modern day masculinity, she said some things that I think you could reasonably debatabley generalize to include heel wearing men -- if not at least women's shoes.

...I don't have a problem with men acting feminine and doing feminine things at all....what I do think is a bit weird is a man who's ultra feminine like more than me..and I'm tough to beat.

...I don't care if a guy I'm with or dating or whatever wears matching socks with his outfit, I could care less. I don't mind him wearing women deodrant, perfume, body spray, jeans the whole nine yards. I don't really give a crap as long as he looks good, and neat and clean -cut, I have no problem with that. I'm a very feminine person, a girly-girl I guess you could say, I'm verrryyy into fashion and all that good stuff, so if a man of mine is into fashion thta's great hey more in common for us.

I bet in a real world discussion with her, she'd be open to a man in heels. She lives in queens, so she's close by.

Here is a good response from page 13 of the Australian Vogue Opinions on this look thread:

I find this thread really interesting. I just found it today, and my opinion has definitely changed over the course of the thread. I have to admit that when I first saw the pictures I was a bit and immediately thought that you must be gay or a drag queen (sorry guys.... ) but after seeing more pictures and hearing your reasoning, I am coming around to the idea.

I still wouldn't necessarily want to date someone who wore heels, and I couldn't promise that if I saw someone actually in the flesh wearing them that I wouldn't be a bit taken aback, but I definitely do not judge you for your choices and I think that your reasoning is very valid. This has really opened my eyes and shown me that we are very hypocritical in regards to fashion. It's socially acceptable for women to wear 'man style' pants, power suits, etc. but men wearing feminine styles of clothing are insulted and subjected to unfair criticism. Anyway. I think it's great that you guys are doing something left-wing, and hopefully lots of people will come around to the idea, as many voguettes have in this thread. Oh, and also - those models for the show were pretty hot in their heels

That had some good substance!

Here is another good one from the same thread:

OMG let the men have the enjoyment of heels that we all take for granted. If he can walk gracefully in them and not fall off. More power to him. Leave him alone.. just cos we're embarrassed a member of the "weaker" gender is able to wear heels better than some of us.

Lexxy who is an Asian dancer, did not mean anything bad by using the word "weaker" Thats why she put it in quotes. She meant weaker insofar as men have less fashion freedom.

And here is another good response:

..i think that as long as u r comfy then go for it. U're the one wearing it, and as us gals can wear anything that a guy can wear, i don't see anything wrong with u wearing heels at all :D.

Excellent responses, Kneehighs. I'm glad that there are some girls who accept our choices in footwear and what we co-ordinate with them. Thanks for letting us know the results from the other Forums. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

you're doing a great job of putting the word out there, kneehighs.

here's to hoping that even larger strides are made in 2006.

He certainly is! What an emisary we have in Kneehighs. Carrying our cause into the rest of cyberspace.

Kneehighs is doing a great job in the forum, my congratulations! Vice versa we should support him by doing our purchases in our home town tomorrow on high heels :D nice greetings micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thanks for the appreciation guys. My goal within the next 1 or 2 years is to put together a professional fashion editorial of men in heels. Dior Homme, Cloak, Ann D -- really high fashion stuff. Then promote the editorial with The Unnofficial Commentary on Freestyle Fashion. The editorial and the commentary together as a package. My dream would be to get an insert in the New York Times (alas, we must dream big). Then once we get an insert in at least one respectable publication (local paper, fashion magazine, paper) then maybe we can get a spot on radio or tv (Oprah, or any respectable show).

With that said, this attractive double match from HOT or NOT's Meet Me section responded to this picture of me with a private message. Her first words were, "I like your shoes."

I bet in a real world discussion with her, she'd be open to a man in heels. She lives in queens, so she's close by.

Just an odd question but would she have influence on the fashion world or on the forum if she chooses to side with men wearing heels? I mean, as far as I'm concerned for what I've read so far, she seems to have a breaking word that if listened to, a lot of ears would catch her opinion.

As for my opinion, aside the fact that I wear heels mehself, I mean this world has good things and bad things. Good things such as the images created in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Despite the fact that not everyone accepts our fascion ideas, there is pretty much a high score overated and exceeds the 50% of positive responds from people who are into fashion and people who are into that have influence. All we need for a breakthrough is media attention...

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

Just an odd question but would she have influence on the fashion world or on the forum if she chooses to side with men wearing heels? I mean, as far as I'm concerned for what I've read so far, she seems to have a breaking word that if listened to, a lot of ears would catch her opinion.

As for my opinion, aside the fact that I wear heels mehself, I mean this world has good things and bad things. Good things such as the images created in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Despite the fact that not everyone accepts our fascion ideas, there is pretty much a high score overated and exceeds the 50% of positive responds from people who are into fashion and people who are into that have influence. All we need for a breakthrough is media attention...

Hey Zero! Glad to have you at the forum. Too bad we just missed each other as I was in Amsterdam at the end of August. We could have met. Anyway, there are a few other board members from the Netherlands: Jeff (the board owner) is from Weert, Tom-NL, gj, lion, Robert who is very active is from Gouda, jbmajoor, Mike(NL) and Spike_Metal are from Rotterdam, Geoffrey, Dexter23, High Heeled Sub, and raccoon.

As far as FOXXY saying something good about a man in heels, well I'm sure it couldn't hurt. I'm not going to bring it up in that thread though, but if another opportunity presents itself, I'll try. I did try contacting her through her MySpace email account, but she didn't respond.

back onto good responses from women

I had to add Magickman's story here, originally posted on Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:11 pm in the thread titled I Love Your Boots!

At the local K-Mart store, I was quietly ambling past the jewelry counter. Suddenly, a voice broke into my consciousness, "I love your boots! I love your boots! I saw you from (points) way over there. I love your boots. Where did you get them?"

"Thank you," I replied. "They are from Famous Footwear," referring to my black Connie "Topshop" ankle boots with 4" heels, worn inside my blue jeans.

The source of all this bubbly excitement was Maribel, a diminutive Hispanic K-Mart sales associate.

We hardly had time to take another breath, before Maribel was paged to the store office on business. I continued to the checkout area and paid for my purchases, thinking that Maribel must be another boot lover.

Later, it occurred to me that this sort of thing has been happening quite a lot lately; complimentary spontaneous outbursts from total strangers. I don't want to read too much into such incidents, but this has been a recurring pattern.

Strangers, particularly women, have been rather effusive in their praise of my boots of late, and it seems that this is indicative of a sea change in public attitudes about men in heels. Anyway, it is always pleasant to receive compliments from strangers.

And here is a good response from martydarling in the Lucky Magazine: Freestyle Fashion: Men in Heels thread

ok ok, i think its cool. i have this thing about gender issues, they are only issues because we obsess over them and make them issues. So they wear high heels, we were pants, and ties, and "menswear". to me its the same thing.