Anyone Wear Heels To A Play Or Musical?

Curt

I wore my 4.5" pumps tonight to a play. There were a ton of girls with sexy shoes and boots. My brothers girlfriend was pointing out some of the cool shoes to me! Noone even gave me a second glance wearing heels. I love wearing them, but its sure nice to take them off at the end of the night! C.

I wore really tight, black jeans, from second yoga jeans(a company up in canada that makes jeans that look and feel like womes yoga pants), a button down shirt, with a red v neck long sleeve shirt over it with the collar exposed from the shirt below and a midlength peocoat over it. I look amazing, but a bit too skinny. I looked like I should be strutting down the catwalk. If you are confident then you won't have any problems!

I wore really tight, black jeans, from second yoga jeans(a company up in canada that makes jeans that look and feel like womes yoga pants)

We call them Jeggings over here.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

A couple of years ago, I wore my stiletto 4" heeled boots to a Jimmy Buffet concert. The crowd was so thick that I never even thought anyone would notice them. And, no one did. Even after we stopped afterwords at a lounge for a couple of drinks.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In an ad for the recent "Die Fledermaus", the Canadian Opera Company wrote "Wear something wild". I wore my 4" black patent stilletos with sheer black knee-highs and normal masculine suit and tie. Great fun! I was surprised that nobody noticed. Or if they did, they gave no indication of it. Nor were they noticed on my walk to and from a pre-performance restaurant.

I wore 4.5" spike stiletto boots to Phantom of the Opera a few years, my wife and I had front row seats. Show was fantastic. During intermittion I sat on the stage front looking back toward the audience, The stage was only about 4 feet off the floor as the stadium seating was sufficient for everyone to see the play. Not sure anyone noticed other the group next to us. The women could take her eyes off the heels but never said anything and i was polite not to interject.

Not specifically a play or musical, but I have worn my heels to concerts on several occasions and it's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Of course hardly anybody can see the heels during the performance, but they're definitely noticeable when walking to and from your seat and in the bar area before the concert or during intervals. It's a nice feeling to be wearing heels and see what heels others are wearing too. I'll occasionally get a smile but it's mostly neutral glances. Very rarely I'll get a disapproving look but mostly people treat me quite normally, if anything they seem a little more likely to engage in conversation (not about heels, just the concert in general), and that's cool.

If you like it, wear it.

I've worn heels while working lights for live stage shows. I think that counts.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've worn 4" black heeled (half way between cuban/stilleto) knee boots to Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Steve vai etc concerts, together with an appropriate black outfit. Absolutly nothing to report.

HeeledSlides, How you?? Love the pic of those sandals that you posted. I have been looking for some wooden sandals like that for a long time. What brand are they? Thanks, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Oh, yeah, I've worn heels to plays, concerts, art exhibitions, museums, public gatherings, historic tours, and lots more. Most people don't notice; those who do, generally don't care. I almost never get asked or hear any comments. Teenage girls in packs tend to giggle. That's it. SF, I agree with you on those wood clogs. I like them, too! Steve

HeeledSlides, How you?? Love the pic of those sandals that you posted. I have been looking for some wooden sandals like that for a long time. What brand are they? Thanks, sf

hi SF,

Thanks for your interest in my wooden sandals. It's a German brand name called Berkemann, model Peggy. Germany is also where I bought them. They are my favourites for warm and sunny days. The heel is not that high, about 6,5 cm (2.5") but I prefer heels between 2" and 4". They are still for sale although on a limited scale.

This is a German shop where they are available:

http://www.houseofshoes.de/category/berkemann-schuhe-modelle/berkemann-peggy-holz/page/2/

HeeledSlides... Hmm, Thanks for the info!! Looked at the site, I have minimal Deutsch speaking skills. They probably don't sell in the US anyway. Can not find any dealers who sell that style of Berkemann sandal in the US. Maybe on my next trip to Germany I will do some shoe shopping!!! Again, really like the look of those sandals.... And for what it's worth, I have worn heels to plays, musicals, concerts etc many times. Like Steve sez, most don't notice or care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

HeeledSlides... Hmm, Thanks for the info!! Looked at the site, I have minimal Deutsch speaking skills. They probably don't sell in the US anyway. Can not find any dealers who sell that style of Berkemann sandal in the US. Maybe on my next trip to Germany I will do some shoe shopping!!! Again, really like the look of those sandals....

And for what it's worth, I have worn heels to plays, musicals, concerts etc many times. Like Steve sez, most don't notice or care... sf

Hi SF,

Unfortunately this shop does not have an English website. They only sell in Germany. I'm afraid it won't be easy to buy these Berkemann sandals in the US. In case I can be of any help, you can send me a pm.

And to get back to the original topic, I remember that I have also worn these great heels watching a band. Which was also outside on a nice summerday.

I've worn high heeled boots to a number of gigs now and also to a Vampires Rock musical.

They're always worn under longish jeans but the spike heel has been easiliy "spottable". No adverse reactions at all so far ;-)

The most recent gig (T Rextasy) also included a trip to a nearby boozer afterwards, again with no reaction whatsoever from anyone in there as far as I could see.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

• 2 weeks later...

HeeledSlides... Hmm, Thanks for the info!! Looked at the site, I have minimal Deutsch speaking skills. They probably don't sell in the US anyway. Can not find any dealers who sell that style of Berkemann sandal in the US. Maybe on my next trip to Germany I will do some shoe shopping!!! Again, really like the look of those sandals....

And for what it's worth, I have worn heels to plays, musicals, concerts etc many times. Like Steve sez, most don't notice or care... sf

SF: You might try here for Berkemann sandals: http://www.tobiasmay...nn-Sandals-.htm, although I'm not sure if the Peggy is currently available. I bought some of the flat wooden sandals (very comfortable; great for summer wear!) from this company a couple of years ago; good service to the UK. It does ship to the US too and there are often special offers giving a useful saving.

You could check the Berkemann website for the current ranges; English language version available.

It is a great pity that wooden-soled sandals (whether flats or with heels) of good quality seem increasingly difficult to find (at least, outside Germany or Italy) and are usually expensive. You will certainly save a significant shipping cost (and VAT) if you buy in Germany.