Girls Don't Wear Heels Anymore?

Curt

You guys find that girls usually don't wear heels. Besides the ones that work in offices and banks. Would any of you guys wear 4-5" heels at the office just to one-up them? I would, but I work at a factory, and have to wear steel toe. But, after work, I slip on my fluvog pumps and flare jeans, and go out looking like a star!

We have a couple outdoor malls here in the Phoenix area that are really popular on the weekend evenings. There are awesome heels everywhere. I get whacked by the mrs. all night long for looking at all the great shoes.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I have done estimates at customers homes regularly in wedge boots. I did once ' one up ' the future misses meeting up with her when she was in flats :D . Things didnt go well for me as she was with friends and I rubbed it in :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I see many women in heels when I eat breakfast. Nearly all are from Quebec so it tends to be seasonal. Other than that it's only a feast of ugly women's shoes, the shoes not the women.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I agree withluvnheels. I live in a different state from him and rarely see any women wearing heels even in the central business/shopping district. Even the office girls seem to change their footwear even to 'pop out' to buy lunch.

Went out with my neice (who knows my love for heels, and me wearing them indoors) last saturday Was amazed at some of the fantastic shoes the ladies had on We were both admiring them and picking out our favourites

I was wrong! I went to starbucks tonight, and every girl had heeled boots on! I was wearing my 4.5" fluevog pumps, with tight black jeans, and a wool coat. I felt very comfortable in my stylish heels. Wearing flats is such a letdown!

still enough heels going around but temperature is dropping so uggggggggs are coming out the cupboard :nono:

More like out from under their rocks. Saw a few teenagers wearing them last Saturday, and temps were in the low 70's. Trust me, when the mercury drops like a rock, Uggs will explode from out of nowhere.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Seems the ability for the female to look feminine below the bust-line has pretty much gone away. Were the heeled shoes of the '50s and '60s more comfortable to wear all day, every day? Oh for the return of the days when the female population actually did look different from the male.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Wasn't that the era when women couldn't do sports because sweating was "unladylike" and a guy wearing heels would've been laughed out of town? I'm glad women now have the freedom to wear what they choose and I hope men can enjoy that freedom too. What I take issue with is that masculine qualities still command more respect than feminine qualities even in our "enlightened" society.

If you like it, wear it.

Just got back from Spain, the number of women I saw in heels I could count on one hand, mainly at the airport. Best highlight was a lady in red mary janes with about a 4 inch heel no platform.

life is not a rehearsal

In Bebe, a women's clothing store at an upscale mall, lot's of heels throughout the mall, but here a striking and tall black saleslady greated me and I commented -"I love seeing a lall woman in heels!" Her's were 1 inch plats with a 6 inch heel. "Se said she always wore heels" You gottra love it... FYI - I was in my Avatar and a long black skirt with lavendar crew neck shirt and jacket.

You don't see many men dressing up either in these days. We seemed to have gotten away from the social etiquette of promoting attractive appearances in public venues, unless your job requires such attire. Going into town or to the shopping areas use to take a lot of effort and planning. Now we just hop in the car and we are generally at our destination in less than a half an hour with probably somewhere else to go to or hang out afterwards. This atmosphere makes it more awkward to wear heels no matter who you are. If you show up in heels and everyone else is wearing flip-flops, shorts, and a t-shirt, that makes you even more of a person who seams out of touch with reality. On the other hand, if you want to have an egg salad, egg shells would have needed cracking. So go heeling and make an interesting and lively salad. If there aren't any women heeling, you'll get all the attention and more people will be aware that men are heeling too.

You don't see many men dressing up either in these days. We seemed to have gotten away from the social etiquette of promoting attractive appearances in public venues, unless your job requires such attire. Going into town or to the shopping areas use to take a lot of effort and planning. Now we just hop in the car and we are generally at our destination in less than a half an hour with probably somewhere else to go to or hang out afterwards. This atmosphere makes it more awkward to wear heels no matter who you are. If you show up in heels and everyone else is wearing flip-flops, shorts, and a t-shirt, that makes you even more of a person who seams out of touch with reality. On the other hand, if you want to have an egg salad, egg shells would have needed cracking. So go heeling and make an interesting and lively salad. If there aren't any women heeling, you'll get all the attention and more people will be aware that men are heeling too.

Well said!

In Brazil, at my office at least, most women wear heels, and good looking pairs. However, outside the office, in parties, and malls, they tend to use those extreme high platforms... although some here like this style, I just find it disgusting and non-attactive. Some are so bulky that if you throw them at someone, you might risk killing... If you look at shopping mall windows, all you see are these platforms... the nice looking feminine sleek heels are hidden in between... Well... they are still heels though... so the considerations here are not valid, at least in Brazil...

However, outside the office, in parties, and malls, they tend to use those extreme high platforms...

At least they are more attractive than flip flops and uggs.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

At least they are more attractive than flip flops and uggs.

flip flops and uggs are the fashion suicide... the inventor of these shoes have his place reserved in hell! If not already there...

Just the last couple of days I have been in and out of a couple of airports, I did see a bunch of good looking women, put together well and wearing boots and shoes with nice heels. One gal had a pair of 6" heels with a platform and peep toe that made her 6"/190cm, wow. Of course there are the flight attendants who wear heels onto the plane after take off on with work shoes, low heel/flats or low wedge heel. City centers and office workers have heels often. That is my limit observations though. Yes agreed, the men do make much effort to support a comfortable atmosphere either, we certainly can help(men that is). Mtnsofheels

heels_are_me. Where are you. My earlier comment and another from a South Oz writer seems to disagree. I like the comment of jetheels fan and totally agree. I recall the times, the late 60's, when a man had to be wearing at least a jacket and tie to get into a 'club' and many insisted that a female had to be a wearing a skirt. This will sound very strange to the younger generations, but we took it as a necessity and never queried it. I worked in a factory and nearly all the fifty or so females wore heels to and from work (safety reasons meant flats while working). Oh yes for the days when men were men and females were something to be admired and drooled over once the age of about seventeen (yes seventeen) was achieved and one began to understand that females were something else apart from men with lumps on their chests. I don't think that the shoes of the 60's would have been more comfortable than those of todays as manufacturing techniques must have improved the design. I think the main reasons many women do not wear heels are that they are in too much of a hurry to get everywhere and therefore cannot walk in the slower manner demanded by heels and, that with their mother not having worn heels, have never been taught the correct manner of walking in them as I recall being told by women friends that their mother did for them.

Here in germany i see women in nice high heels all day....only the wintertime has some impact on the high heel sighting level. But i also like to see nice wedge heels, which are more common through that time, so no shortage for me :)

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

• 2 weeks later...