Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG: Sounds like you had a great time! Bravo, my friend! Well, with the weather turning cooler here, I've got my own thigh boots at the ready, and I'm plotting out places to wear them at. Can't wait to take them out for a spin!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I’ve had a wonderful weekend! It started with a vitamin B-12 pill (note age <--) which did wonders, but continued with a shopping trip and a concert.

The shopping trip was to Sam’s. I was wearing a black unlined blazer, tight jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I was wandering around gathering my stuff and I heard a muffled comment like, “My God, look at that guy”. A little later an young girl said to her mother, “He’s wearing women’s boots”. I didn’t hear her mother replied but the little girl kept staring at me so I gave her a nice smile and kept going. Two minutes later, she was still watching me as I shopped. I decided to leave well enough alone and kept to myself and continued shopping.

There was a long line at the register and one of the managers came by and recorded my items with a hand scanner so I wouldn’t have to wait for the register clerk to scan them. She didn’t seem at all concerned about helping a guy in boots.

The chin dropper came when I was leaving the store. The girl working the exit was young and spritely and I didn’t recognize her. You can imagine my surprise when she greeted me and asked me, “So where’s the skirt?”

I recovered from my surprise and said, “I kind of like them with jeans.”

“So do I, they look better with jeans.”

We bid each other a good day and I went out and loaded my stuff into my car.

The concert put on by The Greater Cincinnati Performing Arts Society and featured the California Guitar Trio (

). It was attended mostly by adults (avg.age of the crowd 45) and I felt right at home. I wore a long sleeved white shirt, black blazer, tight jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The concert was held in a very nice high school auditorium. I pulled into the school ground about 30 minutes before the start time and thought, do you really want to do this wearing boots, and decided that I really wanted to so I walked from the parking lot, across the school grounds to the entrance. This was not lever terrain and when I got into the lobby, I was on a terrazzo floor. I didn’t have too much problem navigating all this but there were a few steps that were errant.

The lobby was full of people because they hadn’t yet opened the auditorium. I took a deep breath and walked in and over to the will call table for my ticket. There were a couple of glances but no one seemed concerned which buoyed my confidence because I really had no idea what to expect. With ticked in hand, I joined the queue for the auditorium door and wound up standing there, as the crowed grew, for about 10 minutes.

When the doors opened, the queue started to move forward and I was reminded how slick the floor was by a keel kickout. The auditorium was carpeted but the isle was angled downward at a steep enough grade to be interesting. I walked all the way to the front and got a seat on the isle in the fourth row (great seat). The concert didn’t start for another 20 minutes so I chatted with the couple in the seats next to me about the concert. Not one mention of my boots. We had to get up several times to allow the folks in the center seats to get out and back in. I discovered that standing quickly in a confined space while wearing 5” heels can be fraught with error.

In the intermission, I walked down to the edge of the stage to see the equipment the players were using. A couple of guys, who were also checking out the equipment, checked out my boots but seemed more curious than concerned.

After the concert I headed out to the lobby and purchased a CD and waited around for the artists to sign it. There were lots of folks in the lobby and I was there for about 20 minutes. I ran into the couple I was sitting with and we chatted some more. Everyone, including the artists, seemed to accept an ecclecticly-attired patron as normal but most of them were guitar players so that may have accounted for it.

I headed back to my car with a little less trouble than I had going in and discovered that the couple I had been sitting with were parked next to my car. We waved and bid each other a good evening.

I headed home at 11:20. I had been at the concert for four hours and fad a fantastic time. There are a couple more concerts in this series of which I will be taking advantage.

:winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I ventured over to Findlay market again wearing tight jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This trip was much the same as the last one in that no one seemed to care what I had on my feet. This time I did have to stand in line for about 10 minutes at one of the counters, which gave everyone a good chance to see what I was wearing. I did get two enthusiastic comments to the effect of “like those boots!” I thanked the commenters. I walked around a bit outside and over to the local growers market and found some more stuff to buy. I got another “love your boots” while I was over there. This place is eclectic enough that I feel very comfortable being there. I really am glad I tried this place out as a boot venue. :winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had a similar outing on Thursday. I will give the rundown later today or tomorrow. It was a pleasent and positive outing and also I too noticed that the majority of people are either positive or just simply no reaction. Maybe people are so concerned with the economy, the upcoming election, and such, that seeing a man wearing high heels is simply no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I went over to Findlay Market again today. I wore a black velour turtleneck, tight jeans, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a black leather jacket. That right I finally got one! I am now able to pull off the JeffB look! I still don’t have enough hair for my favorite look.

Without tooting my own horn too loudly, this outfit looked really good. I caught my reflection in several windows and couldn’t believe it was me. I’ll offer special thanks to JeffB and Kneehighs for pushing me into realizing there was a difference in going out and going out looking good.

After parking about a block away from the market, I walked around the outside first, rather than going into the crowd in the market. There were lots of people shopping at the outside stands and I got a few glances. When I got to the stand I was heading for a lady in front of me enthusiastically complemented me on my boots. She asked several questions about them and how they fit. We had a nice chat about tall boots.

I then headed into the marker and got a number at the butcher stand. I was standing around waiting for my number to be called when I heard, “Ooo, I like those boots!” This started another conversation about wearing tall boots. About ten minutes later they called my number and the gal at the butcher stand was exceptionally bright and chatty. I’m sure she had seen what I was wearing when I was standing back waiting and I guess she approved as she hadn’t been that bright with any of the other customers.

I walked back to my car and deposited my purchases then decided to go back and get something else. Needless to say, I was enjoying myself walking around. On the way back to my car another lady (older black) called out to me, ”Take - those - boots - off... Take - them - off”. I took it as a complement especially after she came over to me and felt the top of one of them.

I was flying pretty high so I decided to push a little further and stopped in downtown Cincinnati. I parked and walked two blocks to a Payless and wandered in look around. After a minute the manager walked by and welcomed me to the store and then said, “N I C E!”

I thanked her and went on looking around. I didn’t try anything on but enjoyed looking. I walked back to my car and headed home.

I have wanted a black leather jacket for a long time and finally found one. JeffB, in another thread, offered that thigh boots gave him a feeling of empowerment. That is what the black leather jacket did for me. I absolutely love the look and the feeling I get when I think I look good.

• Like 1

Thighbootguy, sounds like your best outing in boots to date. A simple black leather jacket does balance out the boots and gives a nice overall look. My style is similar to yours and JeffB, with my current pair of boots. Congratulations on a great day!

TBG:-) One of your best boot outings in a long time. Nice combo---Black leather on top and black leather on the bottom. Very nice balance. Jeff B. is spot on and so are you, my friend. As Jeff would say---HA! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This weekend I was transferring some reel to reel tapes (<-check age) to CDs and I came across one track that really struck home and I wanted to share it with this group. The tape was the Aladdin album by the Rotary Connection, and the track was “Let them Talk”.

I was trying to come up with a method of sharing this track, and I couldn’t find a track on the web so I decided to create a video and use it as a soundtrack.

The video showcases my new black leather jacket and a look I’m delighted with but the real reason for making it is the soundtrack.

Thighbootguy Black Leather Jacket

For the newbies and all the other guys that are concerned about heeling in public, LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACK on the video.

It turns out we are doing the 60s all over again.

Reel-to-Reel tape - - - now that's the way tape should be!

Yeah, I remember reels -- still have a few in fact, and a tape deck capable of playing them.

Always loved 'em.

Have a happy time!

I went over to Findlay Market again today. I wore a black velour turtleneck, tight jeans, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a black leather jacket. That right I finally got one! I am now able to pull off the JeffB look! I still don’t have enough hair for my favorite look.

Without tooting my own horn too loudly, this outfit looked really good. I caught my reflection in several windows and couldn’t believe it was me. I’ll offer special thanks to JeffB and Kneehighs for pushing me into realizing there was a difference in going out and going out looking good.

Well, if you're going to copy, it's always a good idea to copy from the very best! HA! I've always been of the opinion that looking good is the key to being a successful male heeler. Meanwhile, it sounds like your outfit earned you lots of compliments and conversation from those around you during your outing. See? That's what looking good will do for you!

I have wanted a black leather jacket for a long time and finally found one. JeffB, in another thread, offered that thigh boots gave him a feeling of empowerment. That is what the black leather jacket did for me. I absolutely love the look and the feeling I get when I think I look good.

I'm surprised you didn't have a leather jacket until now. As you learned, matching it with your thigh boots made for a killer combination. Judging from what I read, I suspect you'll be taking that outfit out again real soon! HA!

Reel-to-Reel tape - - - now that's the way tape should be!

Yeah, I remember reels -- still have a few in fact, and a tape deck capable of playing them.

Always loved 'em.

Copied, audio addicted here.

Was, and still is, the best analog recorded sound you can obtain. A good reel-to-reel tape is better than a long play vinyl. Unfortunatelly tapes are prone to aging and I threw my collection away. I still have my LP collection and a good turntable to play them. The problem is to find styllus, so I have a 4 piece stock that should last for about 15 years.

Thanks Thighbootguy for the amazing video. It's one of the best looks you've show here, congratulations!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

After parking about a block away from the market, I walked around the outside first, rather than going into the crowd in the market. There were lots of people shopping at the outside stands and I got a few glances. When I got to the stand I was heading for a lady in front of me enthusiastically complemented me on my boots. She asked several questions about them and how they fit. We had a nice chat about tall boots.

I then headed into the marker and got a number at the butcher stand. I was standing around waiting for my number to be called when I heard, “Ooo, I like those boots!” This started another conversation about wearing tall boots. About ten minutes later they called my number and the gal at the butcher stand was exceptionally bright and chatty. I’m sure she had seen what I was wearing when I was standing back waiting and I guess she approved as she hadn’t been that bright with any of the other customers.

I walked back to my car and deposited my purchases then decided to go back and get something else. Needless to say, I was enjoying myself walking around. On the way back to my car another lady (older black) called out to me, ”Take - those - boots - off... Take - them - off”. I took it as a complement especially after she came over to me and felt the top of one of them.

I was flying pretty high so I decided to push a little further and stopped in downtown Cincinnati. I parked and walked two blocks to a Payless and wandered in look around. After a minute the manager walked by and welcomed me to the store and then said, “N I C E!”

I thanked her and went on looking around. I didn’t try anything on but enjoyed looking. I walked back to my car and headed home.

:w00t2:

Hi, Sound like you had a great outing to that market :lmao:

I wish i could go to a market in the uk and get the same reaction as you did, has anyone tried here ? People can be very small minded and cruel when they see something that they dont understand.

Cheers,

Thighhighguy

Thanks all for the kind words but... Folks, you have missed the main point of my last post. Yeah reel to reel is cool, and the leather jacket looks good with the thigh boots, but what did you think of the music for the video? When I heard that song again, for the first time in many years, I thought this is exactly what the experienced heelers have been telling the new folks. I would be interested to have a few other opinions.

Thanks all for the kind words but...

Folks, you have missed the main point of my last post. Yeah reel to reel is cool, and the leather jacket looks good with the thigh boots, but what did you think of the music for the video? When I heard that song again, for the first time in many years, I thought this is exactly what the experienced heelers have been telling the new folks. I would be interested to have a few other opinions.

Agreed. It's a deep song and deep songs always try to show us different ways of thinking and openning the mind.

I never heard that before since I'm... just 32 and it's way back in time. But it was good to hear it with your walking in the park in that outfit.

I'm this way: good songs should match good images, even if the images are just your imagination. A well made video clip is a lot better.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I have had a bunch of shopping trips wearing my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, all of which are completely uneventful.

I tried something a little different from jeans. I wore a pair of tan leather suede slacks with a tan suede jacket. I thought they went well with my boots and provided enough color and shading contrast that the boots were more noticeable.

I had to spend an hour at Sam’s waiting for a punctured tire to be repaired, so I took my time wandering all over the store. The guys in the tire shop didn’t even bat an eye.

I’m planning on going to a concert tonight wearing jeans and my thighboots. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I’s still like to hear some more feedback on the soundtrack of the video: Thighbootguy Black Leather Jacket

The concert was great but as a boot outing, it was uneventful. I wore the same out I was wearing the Leather Jacket video, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, jeans, black turtleneck, and a black leather jacket.

I walked in from the parking lot, picked up my ticket in the lobby, and walked into the theater and took my seat (isle seat, second row). I chatted with a few folks and then just enjoyed the concert. Unfortunately, it ran long and I had a time commitment that made me leave before the encore, so I got to walk out of the auditorium while the crowd was cheering like mad.

William, Stilettoscot – Thanks for the comments. The song, “Let Them Talk”, is so appropriate as a theme song for heelers

I had bought a pair of flat heeled Ellie (somewhat pointy) thigh leather boots years ago for a Halloween costume that I have worn twice for that sort of thing. But as it is about 23 degrees here, I thought to myself, why not wear them out too for the cold weather?

So, last night and this morning, I pulled them on over my sweats (today cold weather tights) and walked the old, old dog. And guess what, it kept me warm! And even the wife thinks it's okay (for that chore only, but well, you know....).

It's all about the heel!

I’ve spent the last three days in class, which meant I was away from work but not travelling. In class I wore knee high boots under my jeans but this gave me the opportunity to at least go out to lunch several times and, of course, I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, jeans, and a black leather jacket. I went to Steak and Shake, Bob Evans and Ruby Tuesday’s, all are traditional family style eateries, and the reaction I got was the same in all of them... nothing. Of course I got a couple of glances as I walked in, but that was it.

I also went shopping in a Sam’s on the northern side of Cincinnati that I rarely go into and I did get one, “Love those boots”. I also wandered through Tri-County Mall (one of the largest in the area) and got a couple of looks but a few turned heads. I stopped in three shoe stores and the only one where the sales staff even said “Hi” was Bakers. By the way, they also had some great looking stiletto heeled boots and the all female staff were all wearing boots.

I am still wary of the reaction that I get (or lack thereof) and an still fighting complacency, but it starting to look like a guy can wear thigh boots with stiletto heels most anywhere he wants to.

Bootking - There can be a practical side to most anything. By the way, there great for shoveling snow, and sled riding, and almost anything that causes you to go out in cold weather.

:w00t2:

I am still wary of the reaction that I get (or lack thereof) and an still fighting complacency, but it starting to look like a guy can wear thigh boots with stiletto heels most anywhere he wants to.

Yeah, complacency can be a bear. I often remain on my guard on outings, idly wondering if my appearance will be suitable enough for the surroundings I happen to be in of if I'll be able to come and go with or without attracting attention. It's not easy, but nothing worrth doing ever is.

• 4 weeks later...

I went shopping today wearing jeans, a black leather jacket, black turtleneck and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Although this is Dec 24th I was not Christmas shopping. For years I have refused to participate in the ritual of saving the economy just in the nick of time at the end of each year. My first stop was my favorite thrift emporium. I was wandering around looking for nothing at all when two older black ladies started a conversation, “Oh, look at those boots”. “Yeah those are real thigh highs”. “And look at the heels”. “Yeah there bad”. “Where did you get those boots?” I had felt a little left out of the conversation but I replied, “On line.” “And there real leather.” Feeling my boots, the second lady replied, “Yes, there real leather.” They called a third lady over with “Come over here and look at these boots.” “Oh my, there nice.” This time I got in a “Thank you... and there 5” heels.” “Yeah.. there bad”. “I have a friend who got a pair of those from a store in Chicago.. they had 5 and 6 inch heels there...” The three of them walked off still talking about my boots. After that I stopped in Hanover fabrics to get a replacement zipper for a leather jacket. I wandered around a bit and found the zipper then headed for the register. As I got in line at the register a lady walked in the front door and she had on a nice pair of black leather boots with a 2” block heel. It was raining outside and she stopped to dry the soles of her boots on the walk off mat. I was standing right in front of her and I threw her a smile. She walked over to me and whispered, “I love your boots.” “Why, thank you. There a lot of fun.” “I can’t wear a heel that high... the heel on my pair is abort 2 inch.” I didn’t know they made these with a 2” heel.” “Oh mine only come up to about here” and she touchen my boots just above the knee. “Oh and over the knee length.” “I’ve had the for at least 20 years.” It then became my turn at the register so I had to cut the conversation off. When I was done I bid the lady a good day. Next I went to Wall Mart. On Christmas eve the place was packed. There were at least 20 registers open with long lines at each one. I found the item I wanted and had to get a sales clerk to open the case. This meant there was a lot of standing around and then I got into a register line. The Wall Mart crowd seems to notice a guy in thigh boots more than other folks do. No one said anything, but there were a lot more looks and expressions of disapproval than I get anywhere else. Last I went to Sam’s which surprisingly was almost empty. I took my time wandering around and was surprised when a young well dressed black lady commented, “I love your boots.” “Why thank you very much.” And she continued on her way. When I left Sam’s I threw some money into the Salvation Army’s red kettle. That always seems to surprise the bell ringer when I do that but I got a warm thank you just the same. I had a great time out and about in thigh boots. :thumbsup:

TBG: All I can say is----WOW! To have gotten so many compliments, and been the topic of conversation by women, and all over your boots! I am most definitely impressed! Greatly impressed! More power to you, my friend!