Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I have created two new videos:

Thighbootguy goes for a bike ride

and

Thighbootguy makes garlic chicken

After I shot the biking video, which took over an hour, I went on to the Lunken bike trail and road another 7 miles in the same outfit without the gray T-shirt. I’m starting to think you can wear anything if your on a bike.

;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I love wearing my boots in public. I try to wear them as much as possible.

I still have not worn my high heeled thigh boots over my jeans in public. I have worn them under my jeans and taken many a walk in them. Still trying to get up the nerve to do it.

Sunday – Went biking at Lunken airport playfield and road 20 or so miles wearing a black long sleeved top, blue denim shorts, gray hose and black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The folks on the bike path either ignored me or were quite friendly except for one clown (who I suspect that his elevator didn’t go all the way to toe top) who got up on his peddles to keep me from passing him. I passed by him a fey hundred yards later without comment. I had a great time!

The geometry of a bike has to be adjusted to fit the rider. After 10 miles I stopped and raised the seat about 2 inches to let my leg extend more as I peddled. About 10 miles later I raised it another inch. This meant that my knee almost goes straight as I peddle. It also means that for my feet to touch the ground when I stop I have to bend my foot as though I was wearing 6” heels.

Monday – Back to work wearing brown slacks, white shire and brown suede knee high boots with a 3” blade heel. I had another dental appointment this afternoon and after crotchbooth-m’s suggestion I wore my boots over my slacks. The combination did look good but neither the dentist nor his assistant made any comment. I was kind of disappointed.

Roniheels - You gotta try it. It's great fun

;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I still have not worn my high heeled thigh boots over my jeans in public. I have worn them under my jeans and taken many a walk in them. Still trying to get up the nerve to do it.

I agree with TBG, you just have to give it a try! Wearing thigh boots over jeans is great fun, I've done it a few times and found the experience very enjoyable, even got a couple of compliments on my boots. Sure, doing it for the first time can be unnerving, but once you're out there, you'll wonder what took so long to do it!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I had another dental appointment this morning. I went in wearing a blue dress shirt, brown slacks with brown knee high boots over my slacks. The boots have a 3” stack heel and a lacing detail on the seams. Again, there was no reaction to my foorwear. When I went back to work I put the boots under my slacks. No one seems to mind my wearing boots at work but I don’t want to push my luck too far. I’m considering wearing my taller boots for the next appointment.

Dawn HH - Thanks for the kind words and it's great to have you back again. Here is hoping all is well. TBG

I stopped at the GoodWill today at lunch and found a pair of black denim slacks that were labeled as “low-rise size 15 skinny”. These slacks are stretchy denim that are designed to fit like denim panty hose. There are even long zippers on the ankles to close the cuff very tightly. I wore these slack with black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and a light grey turtleneck that was not tucked into the slacks. It really was a two color outfit, light grey top and black bottom which thought really looked good. I stopped at PetsSmart for some cat food and at Sam’s for a quick shopping trip. I got a couple of nice smiles form some of the ladies. My cashier friend said the looked Ok but she really didn’t like tight fitting clothing. Regardless of how it looked, it felt great to wear. I’m going to have to try these slacks when I go biking.

I went shopping today at a Goodwill, PetsMart, and Sam’s wearing a black long sleeved V neck top, a kaki 14” skort, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The V neck top is a very fem looking top… but I guess the skort and the boots are to. Whatever, the combination looks nice and I’m very comfortable wearing it. All three of these stores know me so there wasn’t any reaction from the staff. In the Goodwill a couple of young boys made an effort to keep me in sight, when they weren’t gathered in huddled whispers. Oh well, at that age I guess I would of reacted the same way. I did find a couple of wide belts ( 3” – 4”) that I think will enhance a couple of outfits. In PetsMart the clerks know me and were very helpful. Sam’s was much the same. A couple of customers glanced my way and I got a couple more smiles from some of the ladies. I knew the register operator (she had previously advised me to accessorize) and she said the outfit was an “improvement”. I’m not sure over what it was an improvement, but I took the remark as a complement. This afternoon I had to go to a hardware store and I was close to the Home Depot where I bought the lawn mower so I headed in. The only thing different is that I was wearing denim shorts rather than the skort. The clerk from “Deliverance” was in the parking lot again and gave me the same start he did the last time. (I think I understand why the store keeps him in the parking lot rather than in the store.) This time the greeter welcomed me to the store but she had to ask someone where the item I wanted was located. One of the young female clerks knew and directed me to the isle, which was all the way across the store. If I were not comfortable in this outfit it would have been panic time but I thanked the clerk and the greeter and headed across the store. I found my item and two other clerks asked if I needed any help. I asked both of them questions about the use and disposal of the item (hand held propane cylinder) then headed for the register. At the register, the operator was the same female clerk that had given me directions. I thanked her again for being spot on with her directions. She commented that she thought it was hot in the store. “Really, I’m quite comfortable.” “I don’t see how you can wear black.” “Well, If I don’t wear long sleeves, I go up like a french fry.” We both laughed and I bid her a good day and headed for my car. I dumped my purchase in the car and walked over to the store’s garden center and looked through the tomato plants. I selected one and headed for the garden center registers. One clerk greeted me but she was busy so another clerk called me over to his register. All in all it was a very pleasant shopping experience. ;)

TBG:-) Thanks a bunch for your concern. Mickey and I both want to stay healthy for the rest of the Summer so that we can attend and have fun at the up coming Greater Pittsburgh Heel Meet and be able to greet you all. Once again I enjoyed your outing stories and live vicariously through you and a few others here that need no mentioning at the present time as we all know who they are. I just wish that I could be one of them. Keep up the good work and keep the stories coming. Great reading. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi again all, first post for a little while. I don't mean to hijack the thread at all but I had an interesting outing the other night. Went for a stroll through Peterborough the other night, and took both my patent thigh boots (the ones in my avatar) and another pair that I've just bought that are a matt finish with a 4.5" heels, 3/4 zip and lace-up back. Wore both pairs the other evening in full view over my jeans. Went to George and Asda, and got many looks although not one person made a comment. Wandered round the entire store, a couple of girls started laughing but from what I overheard they were just surprised to see me in my thigh high boots, but by the sounds of it thought I carried them off well. Went to the huge Tesco later on too, so had to walk through the indoor precinct. I don't know why but I find it intriguingly sexy to see my boots in the reflection of all the glass windows. Anyway, whilst wandering round again I got a lot of looks, and also some positive comments from a couple of girls in there. I had two walks round the store, once in my patents and the other in my new matt thigh high boots, as I wanted to see what reactions they got. Got a couple of wolf-whistles from some young 'uns (couple of lads with a few lasses) so turned round and gave a wiggle and a smile (heh heh). After this I decided to go for a walk in both pairs successively through the precinct in Peterborough. It was quite late at night so quite a number of people going out and about for a night out in the pubs/clubs etc. I thoroughly enjoyed walking around in my boots, although each and every time I do get a bit nervous before getting out of the car. Once out of the car though the rest is easy-peasy and gives me such a thrill/rush that I don't want to go home again afterwards. The key thing I am finding though is that people don't seem to comment publicly (although there was one girl who was walking toward me from the opposite direction who walked across directly to me and asked "what's the occasion? they look really sexy, i wish i could walk in those"). Has anybody else had any other public outings recently? TBG I find your outings very interesting and admire your persistence. Thanks everybody, I'll get some pics of the new boots put up soon! -BU

I went biking this afternoon even though the temperature was in the low 80s and there was a smog alert for Cincinnati. I wore black leggings, a black long sleeved V neck top, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I made two circuits of the Lunken bike trail (~ 12 miles) and my legs still felt great but I had gotten enough sun so I called the ride over.

There were lots of folks on the trail walking, jogging, biking, and skating. Most of these folks were more scantly dresses then I was and are obviously more tolerant of a lot of sun the I am (I go up like a french fry). No one seemed bothered by a guy in boots.

After the ride I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium. I changed the black top for a gray T-shirt and went in to look for a white long sleeved top. I found one with a V neck and an off white one with a closed neck.

It says a lot that I’m more concerned about what top I’m wearing then whether I’m wearing boots. Thigh boots have become a very natural footwear to wear (at least for me) and I really don’t concern myself about wearing them. No, complacency has not set in, as I’m still conscious about where I go.

DawnHH –

Again, thanks for the kind words. You should set your goal for you and Mickey staying healthy for a little longer than the end of the summer though after all there are car meets to go to and trains to be fixed as well as a heel meet to attend. Great to have you posting again.

Bootedup –

This thread is for anyone wearing thigh boots out and about, and I’m glad for your contribution. The reactions you have gotten don’t sound too much different that what I have gotten from time to time, both the complements and the whistles and giggles. Your right about reflections while out and about, they give a completely different image then the mirror at home. I’m not sure what changes, whether it’s the environment, the lighting, the other people, but I suspect it is the attitude of the viewer. It is very different seeing yourself in a mirror at home than in a reflection in a window while out and about.

The only thigh boots I have are leather so I have no experience with paten boots. Are they comfortable? Would you identify the manufacturer and style? Looking forward to the pictures.

;)

I went shopping yesterday wearing a black V neck long sleeved top, black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and a tan 14” skort. I stopped at my usual places, PetsMart, Sam’s, and my favorite thrift emporium, but I also stopped in a new cobbler shop. The whole trip was uneventful. Since I was wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos I don’t think anybody noticed the skort. In a parking lot I did partially overhear one mother talking to her young son in a rather condescending tone saying, “dressed like that” and I suspect she was discouraging him. I also cot a couple of stares from a couple of other kids, I threw back a smile. At work, where I have been wearing knee boots with 3-4” block heels under my slacks for months, our “Fun Police” (a committee with no budget that organizes fun stuff on the cheep) organized a photo contest. There were lots of family and travel pictures so I entered the pictures I created as a decoration for the “Stupid Things We Do” suggestion box that was in our remote office several years ago. All the photo feature thigh boots (see below). I'll let you know if I win. ;);)

post-928-133522887215_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522887219_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522887221_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522887225_thumb.jpg

I went shopping yesterday wearing a black V neck long sleeved top, black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and a tan 14” skort. I stopped at my usual places, PetsMart, Sam’s, and my favorite thrift emporium, but I also stopped in a new cobbler shop.

The whole trip was uneventful. Since I was wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos I don’t think anybody noticed the skort. In a parking lot I did partially overhear one mother talking to her young son in a rather condescending tone saying, “dressed like that” and I suspect she was discouraging him. I also cot a couple of stares from a couple of other kids, I threw back a smile.

At work, where I have been wearing knee boots with 3-4” block heels under my slacks for months, our “Fun Police” (a committee with no budget that organizes fun stuff on the cheep) organized a photo contest. There were lots of family and travel pictures so I entered the pictures I created as a decoration for the “Stupid Things We Do” suggestion box that was in our remote office several years ago. All the photo feature thigh boots (see below). I'll let you know if I win. ;)

:penitent:

TBG: If anyone askes, you can always say that these are pictures of you and a couple of your friends back in your "undergratuate" days. ;):penitent:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I did about 15 miles biking this afternoon wearing a white V neck top with ¾ length sleeves, denim shorts and black suede ankle boots with 2” block heels. Yep, Thighbootguy has finally succumbed to high temperatures and higher humidity. The outfit was comfortable but I really felt funny wearing ankle boots fully exposed. Whod have thunk it?

Bubba136 –

TBG: If anyone askes, you can always say that these are pictures of you and a couple of your friends back in your "undergratuate" days.

Only in my fondest dreams.

;)

TBG:-) Those are discrete photos you submitted, but, then again, we all know that submitting photos of yourself in heeled thighboots might be akin to suicide. We will never tell. TEE! HEE! I like the photos that you submitted. Hope you win. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Today started off quite warm but I needed to cut grass so I went out in a gray T-shirt, 14” denim skirt and sandals and cut the grass. The only thing I had to remember was not to bend over to remove the rear catcher bag from the mower. I don’t think anyone even noticed what I was wearing. Later that afternoon I went shopping at the Florence Ky. Sam’s wearing a grey T-shirt, black denim skin tight jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Other than being warm, the shopping trip was a non event. The fun started when I went to Biggs for a couple of items not carried by Sam’s. I walked in and found my stuff when one of the female clerks (mid 40s) came running up to me and said (rather enthusiastically), “Excuse me but where did you get those boots? I think there great!” “Well, thank you, I ordered them on-line.” “Really!” “Yeah, here are a couple of web sites that have them.” And I gave her a list I had put together for just such occasions. “Can I keep this?” “Sure, I get asked a lot.” “Are they comfortable?” “Oh yeah, these are leather and are very comfortable.” “Can I ask how much they were?” “These were in the $80 range.” “That cheep.” “If you want a better boot try the Jean Gabort site. There in the $400 range but there great boots.” “Do they run true to size?” “With this heel, I’d recommend going up a size.” “I’ve wanted a pair for a long time. I’ve got seven kids at home and I just want a pair to play in. They will look great with my husband’s motorcycle! I’ve been saving my Christmas money and I’m going to order a pair” I gave her a thumbs up ;) and we bid each other a good day. Later that afternoon, I went out on my bicycle wearing a white V neck top, black suede ankle boots with a 2” block heel, and the 14” denim skirt. Shorts are really the more practical garment for biking because they protect the skin where it moves against the bile saddle but the skirt sure was cool. Been a great day. The photos didn't win the contest. I hadn't expected them to but it was fun entering them. ;)

TBG:-) Congrats on being ready in advance to help out that lady who wants to order thighboots to wear when she rides her hubbies motorcycle. She really sounded quite enthusiastic about ordering them and seemed glad that you could provide her the information that she needed to get them. I'm sure that she will take your advise. Sorry to hear that your pics didn't win the contest, but it seemed that you were ready for that to happen. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Sunday was a museum day but in the morning, I went bike riding again. The wide was the same as yesterday, black suede ankle boots with a 2” block heel (which I'm wearing at work today), shorts then a 14” skirt and a grey T-Shirt. The ride was lots of fun and uneventful. I haven’t been to the museum for a while and the day was warm enough that going someplace air conditioned was a good idea especially since I was wearing skin tight black denim slacks, a black ¾ length sleeve black top, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. With the boots and the slacks being black, there is no real contrast that catches the eye so a casual observer might not notice the boots. Consider what it would be if I had worn my white pair of boots. I think a guy (or gal) wearing tall leather boots in the warm weather would attract a little attention and I got a couple of looks but not more than normal. In the museum the guards greeted me warmly and asked where I had been. I spent a couple of hours sketching and chatting with the other visitors most of whom are delighted to talk with someone about the art even if he is wearing boots with stiletto heels. After the museum I went to PetsMart for some cat food. The clerks there know what brand I want and only need to know how many cases. They are very used to seeing me in boots. I asked the young lady that was waiting on me, “Does this work or is it too much black?” She looked me over and said, “Yeah, it works, it looks nice.” I thanked her and headed to the car. All in all it has been a fun weekend. Today I stopped at the Goodwill for lunch and picked up a denim skort and a skirt for 99¢ each. It’s kind of hard to pass up deals like that. ;)

Today I stopped at the Goodwill for lunch and picked up a denim skort and a skirt for 99¢ each. It’s kind of hard to pass up deals like that.;)

Thanks for the report, TBG Great outing as usual. ;)

Lunch at Goodwill? You're lucky....Goodwill stores here where I live just sell used stuff. No food. (hope the food wasn't second hand :penitent::lmao::lmao::lmao:).

:penitent:

(for all those that don't recognize it, just a little humor, there.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136 –

Sorry to hear that your Goodwill doesn’t a sushi bar and coffee emporium.

(a little more humor there)

I do love the English language even though a slight misstatement can change the whole meaning when taken literally, but the intended meaning gets through anyway. What other language is rich enough to say, “The up escalator is down.” and have it make sense, or drive a translator nuts over the difference between evening gown and night gown?

I took the skirt out for a spin and posted about it here.

Hi all, I've finally had time to sort some pics of my new matt-finish thigh high boots. These are the ones that I went out to Peterborough in recently, although I have had several outings since in public wearing these over my jeans. I love the rush of it! Okay I'm apprehensive for the first few minutes before getting out of the car but once I get past that, its great fun to wander around in these. People don't react negatively the majority of the time, most people don't seem at all bothered that I wear these over my jeans like in the pictures, and only a few make any sort of acknowledgement or comment, usually positive. I got stopped by the police the other night whilst wearing these, and jumped straight out of the car before they came up to me. They treated me with dignity and respect and the female officer actually asked "how on earth do you drive in those?" She clearly couldn't believe I could actually walk in them so when I walked up and down for her briefly she was gobsmacked heh heh. Thighbootguy your tales are very interesting, often your stories are akin to the experiences I have. Let's face it people:- society is becoming far more tolerant of people who want to do their own thing, no matter how far from the "norm" it is. You've only got to read through a handful of posts to realise that people will not mutilate you for doing your own thing. Although do be careful not to stray into untrustworthy neighbourhoods as often things can be very unpredictable in those areas. Thanks all for taking the time to read, let me know what you think to my new boots :-) BU

post-16324-133522887774_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522887782_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522887801_thumb.jpg

Thanks, tallguyinheels. These aren't a tight-fit jean that I'm wearing in the pics, they're actually 34L bootcut (male size/style) jeans so I can wear the boots either under or over as my mood suits. If I wear the boots over the jeans, I fold the leg of the jean so its nice and flat, and roll my socks up over the bottom in order to facilitate easy on or off with the boots. Thanks for the comments! ;) BU

Great Boots, style and comments!

David & Cathy

Hi all, I've finally had time to sort some pics of my new matt-finish thigh high boots. These are the ones that I went out to Peterborough in recently, although I have had several outings since in public wearing these over my jeans.

I love the rush of it! Okay I'm apprehensive for the first few minutes before getting out of the car but once I get past that, its great fun to wander around in these.

People don't react negatively the majority of the time, most people don't seem at all bothered that I wear these over my jeans like in the pictures, and only a few make any sort of acknowledgement or comment, usually positive.

I got stopped by the police the other night whilst wearing these, and jumped straight out of the car before they came up to me. They treated me with dignity and respect and the female officer actually asked "how on earth do you drive in those?" She clearly couldn't believe I could actually walk in them so when I walked up and down for her briefly she was gobsmacked heh heh.

Thighbootguy your tales are very interesting, often your stories are akin to the experiences I have.

Let's face it people:- society is becoming far more tolerant of people who want to do their own thing, no matter how far from the "norm" it is. You've only got to read through a handful of posts to realise that people will not mutilate you for doing your own thing. Although do be careful not to stray into untrustworthy neighbourhoods as often things can be very unpredictable in those areas.

Thanks all for taking the time to read, let me know what you think to my new boots :-) BU

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

...the female officer actually asked "how on earth do you drive in those?"...

Very nice boots :-)

Curious to know if it would be illegal somewhere to drive with very high heels.

I think I may have read something about it but I'm not sure anymore...

Hi danielp, I don't know what legislation regarding wearing high heels whilst driving is in force in the UK, but I do know that I've been stopped by police (random checks might I add) on at least five occasions when I've been wearing heels. Two of those occasions were mid-last year and both times I was wearing my patent thigh highs under my jeans, so only the platform and an inch or two of the heel showing. No comments were made regarding these. The rest were this year and each time I was wearing my boots over my jeans, the first occasion was by an officer in a skoda octavia, who didn't mention anything about my heels. The second time I was doing about 45mph in a 30mph zone at 2am, and was pulled over by an officer on the side of the road. This guy didn't mention anything about my boots but he was a top guy - he just told me to steady down, he appreciated that there was absolutely no traffic, and the area was completely deserted and open, so he let me go on my way trouble-free but with the message to "just steady down a bit lad." The final occasion was as mentioned in my previous post, where I jumped straight out of the car, wearing my matt thigh highs. Maybe insurance companies would have something to say in the event of an accident, but if you drive safely and can still "feel" the car whilst you are driving it, and you are comfortable driving (not putting any unnecessary stress on your feet for example) then, and only then, are you able to decide whether or not to wear heels while driving. My point, after all that, is that on a number of occasions of being stopped, not once have I been told "you're not allowed to wear those." AND the officers treated me with huge respect each time, I wasn't made into a laughing stock or paraded round town with a white jumper and black arrows all over it. They let me go on my way with no problems at all...