Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Of all of the times I wear high heels in public, I've never had a child acknowledge the fact I was wearing high heels. Maybe they've seen me, but no pointing or loud verbal exclamations toward my appearence. I guess the best thing to do is smile and keep walking.

Young kids always notice before the parents. I think it's because they are down lower and the view is much easier to see. Also, like us, kids still now days are being raised in a society of narrow minded parents and have this stupid gender about clothing going on so they always point it out to there parents and want to know why. One of my work mates was walking through walmart with her husband and little girl of 12 and the little girl noticed right away. Her mother told her, "thats John and I work with him". Then the daughter asked why is he wearing high heels? Mom said "because he likes them and thinks mens shoes are ugly and thats his wife with him and she is wearing high heels too" Little girls reaction was "OH". Now thats how it should be.

real men wear heels

Yesterday I went over to the Art Museum wearing a black satin blouse, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Before I went over to the museum, I had cut the grass for the first time this season and did a couple other jobs that wore me out (<-- check the age). Anyway, being tired, and wearing 5” stilettos don’t go together. I was having a hard time maintaining a smooth walking style without having my ankle wobble so I cut my trip short. I did get a complement as I walked in though. A guy was taking a smoke break outside the door and commented., “Hey, I like those boots, they look like fun.” “Thanks, and they are fun.” Today, after a god nights sleep, I headed back over to the museum wearing the same outfit. This time things felt fine (no wobble and a smooth stride). I sketched for a while and chatted with some of the patrons. Other than a few glances, no one seemed to think my boots were that odd. After I filled the last page of my sketch book, I put the stool back and just walked through other parts of the museum. I ran into an older guy in a wheel chair that was sketching with a pen. I commented, “My eye isn’t good enough to work in pen.” He showed me some more of his work as we chatted about sketching and I showed him a couple of my sketches. He commented, “Those are nice.. real nice... and I like your boots.” I thanked him and headed out to my car. :roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went shopping on the way home from work tonight. I went to Bigg’s wearing jeans, a blue long sleeved dress shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

The trip was uneventful. I say a couple glances at my boots but other than that... nothing.

Next I went to Sam’s. I changed the dress shirt for a sleeveless black turtleneck. I’m still not sure I like the look but it was a lot cooler than the long sleeved shirt. Let me explain that last comment. I had confidence that I liked what I saw in the mirror but I’ve learned that my eye can be a little off so I was interested in the reaction I got from others.

The reaction I got was nothing. Again a few glances but that is to be expected. The register clerk was a lady who knows me well and I asked her how the top looked. She said, “Looks fine... and cool” I thanked her for her comment and headed for the car.

There has been some discussion about not always wanting to wear something all the time, that the desires wax and wane. This morning, I had planned to wear a short skort with the sleeveless turtleneck because the temperature was expected to be 80F (27C) but this afternoon jeans won out. I just didn’t feel like wearing a skort (and the temperature was 80F).

Johnieheel -

Thanks for the kind words.

:roll:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I just had a fun museum trip. I decided to push the envelope a little further. I like the look of the black sleeveless turtleneck so I paired it with a pair of denim shorts with a 1” inseam and a high waist. These shorts are short and expose most of my leg. To complete things I added a pair of white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. As with wearing anything too different from what I normally wear, the hardest step was getting out of the car. I caught my reflection in the car window and thought the outfit looked Ok (it looks different in full sun in the middle of a parking lot than it does in the mirror at home). I still wasn’t sure it was an image I wanted to present but I thought the best way to see if I did or didn’t like it was to try it out so off I went. As I walked to the museum, I met some folks coming out. Their reaction was cool which is kind of what I was expecting. When I got into the museum, none of the guards that knew me were on duty so I didn’t get the warm greeting I normally get. Anyway I grabbed a stool and headed upstairs to a gallery. Lots of folks came through and most of them just ignored me. One guy did comment favorably on the sketch I was working on. Fortunately, today some nice stuff was coming out of my pencil and I really threw myself into sketching. One time I remember noticing that I was wearing white boots. Not that that was special but I was so into my sketching, I really had tuned the rest of the world out. I worked on two sketches in that gallery then headed down stairs and went in to a ceramic gallery and sketched a couple of pieces. There were a bunch of students in there and they did their best to try to not notice me. As I was leaving, I offered my stool to a guy that was sitting on the floor. He seemed real put out that he had to talk to me to refuse the stool. Oh well, that happens. I’m more comfortable with this look than I was but I’m still “trying it out”. It is a bit more aggressive than I normally wear so I expect it will take some getting used to. I’ll try it a few more times before I decide. The trip was exhausting. Sketching can be hard work (seriously), and pushing the envelope is also stressful. I think it’s about time to crash. :roll:

....I decided to push the envelope a little further. I like the look of the black sleeveless turtleneck so I paired it with a pair of denim shorts with a 1” inseam and a high waist. These shorts are short and expose most of my leg. To complete things I added a pair of white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

....I’m more comfortable with this look than I was but I’m still “trying it out”. It is a bit more aggressive than I normally wear so I expect it will take some getting used to. I’ll try it a few more times before I decide.

My, my! White boots, eh? You certainly do push the envelope, my friend! I know I couldn't do something like that! "Aggressive"? Well, I'd say that look you sported was more along the lines of "bold". I'm sure it's a look the average John or Jane on the street would see every day. By all means, keep us posted on any future outings you undertake in that outfit.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thighbootguy,

Truly incredible! I could do that stuff at home, but out in the street, no way, unless I was trying to "pass" in the full sense of that word.

AMAZING!

It's all about the heel!

I had to go downtown to the cobbler to pick up my black thigh boots. A heel had started to come loose and I wanted it secured. I wore jeans, a blue knit short sleeved shirt and my white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. As always, parking was a problem and the closest spot was a block away and across the street. I got out of the car with my boots cuffed at knee high length and walked down to the shop. One of the shops I passed was a beauty salon that had a bunch of women inside. I got my black boots back from the cobbler but before I left the shop, I pulled my white boots up to full height. As I walked passed the beauty salon I thought I heard someone say, “there she is” and as I crossed the street someone called out, “great boots”. I turned back and called out a thank you but the lady was going back into the salon and I don’t think she heard me. Next I went to Sam’s. I changed the blue shirt for the black sleeveless turtleneck and headed in. The staff welcomed me and the rest of the patrons didn’t seem to care. I wandered around and gathered my stuff. I did get a few nice smiled form several ladies. On the way out the checker at the exit was a lady that knows me and she scolded me with, “Now you know your not supposed to wear white before Memorial Day.” :roll: We both laughed and I headed out to the car. Next I went to a PetMart for some cat food. I walked in and the clerks (male) didn’t bat an eye. I told them what I needed and one of them went and got it while I wandered around. JeffB - As fashion monitor, you should have warned me about wearing white before Memorial Day. :-?:o

Next I went to Sam’s. I changed the blue shirt for the black sleeveless turtleneck and headed in. The staff welcomed me and the rest of the patrons didn’t seem to care. I wandered around and gathered my stuff. I did get a few nice smiled form several ladies. On the way out the checker at the exit was a lady that knows me and she scolded me with, “Now you know your not supposed to wear white before Memorial Day.” :roll: We both laughed and I headed out to the car.

JeffB - As fashion monitor, you should have warned me about wearing white before Memorial Day. :o

Well, jeez Louise, TBG! I thought you already knew that! HA! My bad!

I had a nice museum trip Sunday. I went over wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck, white jeans and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. (Yes, I know, white before Memorial day.) After I walked in I went to the information desk to ask about sketching with a media other than pencil and chatted with the folks there. Then I noticed that the folding stool collection that is normally available was missing. I asked several guards and no one seemed to know where it had been taken. So, I headed off to in search of them. They weren’t in an of the usual location so I gave up and headed for a gallery. I would have to work from one of the benches in the gallery. This worked well for a while but there was a painting I wanted to work from and there was no bench available. I had been chatting with the guard before I started and I asked him if I could sit on the floor (art students do this all the time). He said he didn’t care so I sat down and leaned against a pillar. The problem was my boots didn’t let me sit cross legged and I would have been a hazard if I didn’t sit that way so I cuffed my boots below my knees and pulled my legs in and got to work. Lots of folks came by and no one seemed bothered. As I finished, the guard and I continued to chat. I pullen my boots back up again and he asked what I did for a living. I told him I was a computer geek and that I enjoyed coming over to the museum to just unwind. I also said that these, and indicated my boots, were part of the unwinding. He commented, “You should just keep doing what you enjoy doing.” A little later I was standing, looking at a 16 century alter piece that had several paintings that were used for teaching biblical stories. I thought I knew most of those stories but there were two paintings I couldn’t place. A mother and daughter were also looking at the alter and I asked them if they recognized the scenes. After some discussion they did and at the end the daughter said, “By the way, I really like your boots.” “Why thank you.” I’ve been looking for a pair of white boots.” “This tall?” “Well, yes actually.” So I gave her a couple of web address and cautioned her that in a heel this high they run a little small. She thanked me for the information and headed off to another gallery. I wandered around for a while the headed out. On the way I stopped at the front desk and reported a light was out over a particular painting. They were glad someone reported it even is he was hearing thigh boots. :roll:

TBG: I recently tried a pair of knee high Pleaser Seduce boots in 5" and found that the shape of the arch/etc fit my feet much better then the 8899 boots. I am thinking about getting a pair of the Seduce 3011's in leather, although the way the weather and my schedule's been I'm not sure how often I'd be able to wear em out. Oh well. As always many thanks for your updates on your booted outings, gives alot of us the courage to do the same :roll:

(formerly known as "JimC")

This was Friday so it was jeans at work. That also meant I wore my blue knee high boots with 2” block heel under my jeans all day along with a black sleeveless turtleneck under a white dress shirt. After work I changed the jeans for a tan skort, and the blue knee high boots for my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and took off the white shirt leaving the black sleeveless turtleneck.

I was expecting it to be warm but it turned out to be a little brisk so when I went into Sam’s for some shopping, I also wore a tan suede jacket. I took the jacket off in the store and wandered around looking for the stuff I wanted. I didn’t notice anyone being bothered by my presence or appearance at all. I did get a couple of nice smiles from some ladies. The outfit was all about wearing thigh boots with heels. The skort would have passed for shorts and there was about six inches of my leg showing between the hem of the skort and the top of my boots and that contrast really made the boots stand out. ( I have had people really not notice I was wearing boots them I wore them with jeans.)

Anyway, I liked the look and enjoyed myself and the whole trip was quite uneventful.

JimC - Thanks for the kind words.

:roll:

On the way home from work tonight, I stopped at Bigg’s and Sam’s for a little shopping. I wore a long sleeved white dress shirt, a tan baseball cap, a tan suede jacket, a tan short skort, black sheer hose and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The outfit did go together rather well. This morning I was expecting the weather to be sunny and mild, however, it was cool and raining quite heavily. I have never been one to use an umbrella so when I got to Bigg’s I walked in through the rain. In the store I got a few glances but nothing unexpected. I headed straight for the items I wanted but at the register there was a long delay and I wound up changing lines along with the lady that was ahead of me. We had an exchange about the limited number of open registers and who should go first in the new line (I insisted she should) but she never mentioned or questioned how I was dressed. I slogged my way back out to my car and headed for Sam’s. It was still raining when I got there so it was another slog into Sam’s. Again a few heads turned but everyone was polite and didn’t seem to care what I was wearing. I took my time and wandered around a good bit before heading to the register. Then it was a dash back to the car. I did overhear a comment from a lady about not being able to walk in those heels but it wasn’t directed to me so I didn’t engage in a conversation. I hadn’t worn those boots for several days and hadn’t worn hose for even longer. I had forgotten how great it feels to pull those boots on over hose. If you haven’t tried it your missing a great feeling. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

The weather has turned warm (80sF) so I went to Sam’s wearing a T shirt, denim tight fitting shorts, and black thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The trip was uneventful and I had a good time in the store (which is air conditioned) but in the parking lot, as I was loading my car, I overheard a conversation that went, ”You taking a picture to?” “Yeah (chuckle).” I turned around and there were two guys will cell phone cameras. I was not carrying my cell phone (which does not have a camera) with me but the next time this happens, I’m thinking of pulling out my phone and go through the motions of taking their picture. As it was I ignored them and finished loading my car. Most of the time the cell phoners don’t bother me but these two got under my skin. It must of been that it was a warm day.

I just got back from a museum trip. The weather is warm (89F) so I was wearing denim shorts, a T shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I’m not sure what was going on but the museum was almost deserted. The guards told me where the stool rack had been moved to without my even asking. I picked up a stool and headed for a gallery. I really do like the look of thigh boots with shorts but I thought I would try something different. I have long leather laces on the back of the boots. He top of the boots still flares a little and I thought I would change that a little. I untied the bow on the back of each boot and wrapped the lace around the boot and tied the bow in the front. The lace went just above my knee so it had the effect of reducing the flare and making the top a littler tighter. I kind of like the look. After the museum I changed the shorts for a short black leather skirt and went to my favorite thrift emporium. I got a couple of looks when I went in but soon everyone went about their shopping without paying much attention to the guy in boots and a skirt. I found some hose that was in my size so I headed to the register. The clerk gave me a big smile but her manager was standing right behind her so I didn’t open a conversation. As I left the store there was a group of ladies about my age that thought I was the funniest thing they had seen in a long time. This is an assumption on my part based on the volume of the laughter. I ignored them and headed for my car. I stopped in a Payless and I think I did catch the manager off guard but she recovered quickly and welcomed me to the store. I didn’t see anything I was interested in so I headed back to my car. All in all a fun outing. :thumbsup:

post-928-133522859012_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522859014_thumb.gif

I turned around and there were two guys will cell phone cameras. I was not carrying my cell phone (which does not have a camera) with me but the next time this happens, I’m thinking of pulling out my phone and go through the motions of taking their picture. As it was I ignored them and finished loading my car.

The only trick you missed there, was not asking for a 'modelling fee' as is becoming a common place thing to do.... :wink1::smile:

Charge 'em double next time. :thumbsup:

The trip was uneventful and I had a good time in the store (which is air conditioned) but in the parking lot, as I was loading my car, I overheard a conversation that went, ”You taking a picture to?”

“Yeah (chuckle).”

I turned around and there were two guys will cell phone cameras. I was not carrying my cell phone (which does not have a camera) with me but the next time this happens, I’m thinking of pulling out my phone and go through the motions of taking their picture. As it was I ignored them and finished loading my car.

Most of the time the cell phoners don’t bother me but these two got under my skin. It must of been that it was a warm day.

Sheesh! You'd think clowns like them had never seen a guy in high heeled thigh boots before. How ridiculous! And just what will those nitwits do with their pics? Stare at them for hours on end? Show them off to their equally knuckle-dragging buddies, saying, "Look at this! Look at this! Ain't it cool?" I mean, really! What's the big deal? It's troglodytes like those guys that I find highly annoying. Oh, well, guess that just goes with the territory.

I haven’t posted a picture for a while and these two pictures, although not my best look, are almost exactly how I looked in my last two posts. The difference is the boots in the pictures are 4” heels and the pair I was wearing were 5” heels.

Jeffb -

FF2 -

Thanks for the comments.

I really worked hard at refraining from mentioning how close one of those guy’s knuckles came to dragging the ground but it sounds like you got the idea. I never even wondered what they were going to do with the pictures or who they were going to show them to.

:thumbsup:

post-928-133522859019_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522859021_thumb.jpg

Can I make a couple of comments on the pictures? :thumbsup:

1. Try the T-Shirt outside of the shorts .... ? <I find it's more flattering to my overall body-shape.>

2. Am I the first to remark you have a passing resemblance to Nick Nolte? [The current clean-shaven alcohol free version. :cool:]

Other than that, "nice boots". :smile:

TBG: The shorts make for a nice change of pace. Replace the t-shirt with a dressier top, add a blazer and you've got a pretty good outfit!

I still say you should get a picture of Karl Lagerfeld wearing an outfit that you like and replicate it. It could be a toned down version, but would serve as a constructive reference point for a great outfit.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Guys –

Thanks for the comments.

FF2 -

Try the T-Shirt outside of the shorts. I think that’s a polite way of saying I should lose a couple of pounds around the middle. So far I have been able to stop the trend of getting larger and actually reduced a bit. The thing that alerted me to the fact I was getting larger was that a size 14 leather skirt no longer fit.

Am I the first to remark you have a passing resemblance to Nick Nolte? Yep, no one has ever mentioned that but I don’t see any resemblance myself.

JeffB -

Shorts and a blazer. That would not have occurred to me. I started wearing shorts because the weather had warmed up to the point that jeans and boots were uncomfortable. Adding a blazer would have just made it warmer but I think you are correct about how good it would look. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for an unlined blazer. My first choice would be black but any color suggestions would be welcome.

Kneehighs –

Thanks for the advice. I did a bit of looking at Karl Lagerfeld on the web and I just don’t appreciate the look he presents. I know he is a world famous designer and I’m just an eccentric that likes to wear thigh boots but then I don’t always appreciate all the works that hang in the museums either (and their stuff is in the museum and I’m just running around with a sketch book). I guess I’m the poster child for “There’s no accounting for taste”. Just because I don't take someones advice doesn't mean it isn't sincerely appreciated.

I had the day off from work so I spent a couple hours at the art museum. I went over wearing a knit shirt, denim shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Today was warm (90F) so wearing thigh boots out and about means going to some place that is air conditioned and not spending a lot of time outside.

There was a small crowd at the museum and a different set of guards and staff than I normally see on the weekend. No one seemed concerned that I was wearing boots with heels. I worked in several galleries and only one time did I notice any of the other guests paying any attention to me.

After the museum I went to my favorite thrift emporium and found a black unlined blazer ($1.50). I had a good time trying on several blazers and vying for the mirror with several of the other customers. After a few minutes they got used to the idea that this guy in boots was trying on clothes just like they were. As I was walking around one older lady did comment, “Oh... I like those boots”.

I thanked her and kept on shopping.

After the thrift store I went to Sam’s to do a little grocery shopping. Other than a hot walk in and out, the trip was uneventful.

JeffB - Is this what you had in mind?

Addendum -

Right after I finished this post I had to go up the street for a few minutes. Since it was dark outside, rather than change, I headed out in my boots and blazer. Normally there is little traffic in the evening but tonight there was a parade. I waited for a break in the traffic and crossed the street and started walking. Normally I take a little time to see if there are any other pedestrians but tonight, with all the traffic, I didn’t see a guy coming up the street. I wound up crossing the street about 15 feet in front of him and I didn't know he was there. I thought I heard someone behind me but I wasn’t sure until he said “Hey sweat heart, what time is it?” I didn’t acknowledge that I had heard him. Fortunately the house I was heading for was less then 30 feet away so I just kept going and walked up the walk to the house. He walked on past.

When I came back home I was a little more careful but I still had to stand there and let traffic go by again.

When I go out, I never try to pass as a female but being as dark as it was I’ll bet he hadn’t figured out I was a guy.

post-928-133522859077_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522859078_thumb.jpg

I mentioned in an earlier post that I have replaced the laces on my boots with a long leather lace and tied it in back but recently have started wrapping it around the top of the boot to tie it in front. I really like the feel of having the boot tight at the top. Here is what it looks like. :thumbsup:

post-928-133522859079_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522859082_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522859084_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522859086_thumb.jpg

JeffB - Is this what you had in mind?

Bingo! Now that's a good look! Casual but snazzy! Just how I envisioned it! The color combination you sported works for me. Well done. Regarding the weather issue as it's getting plenty darn hot, perhaps you can find a lighter weight blazer if you want to continue wearing that outfit. Just a suggestion.

"When I came back home I was a little more careful but I still had to stand there and let traffic go by again.

When I go out, I never try to pass as a female but being as dark as it was I’ll bet he hadn’t figured out I was a guy."

Attached Thumbnailshttp://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/guys/2372d1212803255t-thigh_boots_public-boots5_shorts_no_jacket.jpg http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/attachments/guys/2373d1212803255t-thigh_boots_public-boots5_shorts.jpg

I love that look in the photos above. I have been so tempted to wear my thighboots with shorts and a tee shirt in public, but I'm not there yet.

Thank you, as always, for sharing your photos, stories, and great experiences.