Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Well two absolutely uneventful shopping trips to two different Sam’s. Last night in a long sleeve white shirt and jeans and today in a gray t-shirt and denim shorts, both times with my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The biggest comment was from a very young boy with his mom who asked, “Why is he wearing high heels?” I was too far away to hear the reply. I also stopped in the Payless that had the black patent pointy toe pumps with a wide ankle strap. They were a 13W so I tried them on and, to my surprise, they were too big. I think this is the first time I have ever tried on a pair of women’s shoes that were too big. But walking into a Payless wearing thigh boots and trying on shoes is a hoot and I don’t have to make up stories about who the shoes are for. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

well you know they always say thighbootguy-"out of the mouths of babes" ( in other words thats kids for you!!):smile: you always look VERY good in your whole outfits too I might add, keep it up my good friend!:thumbsup:

I just come back from a heel-outing.

It was not my first, but for this one, it was the good day: night and rain tonight.

I have find a quiet place to walk without stress, but i have been.

I have find some blocks where old people live; only french papyboomers. No way out by night, many blocks with small ways accross the parks.

It was easy to walk discretly, hidden under my umbrella. I have use those boots(http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/high-heels-shop.html ).

14 cm for size 43. Not easy to walk, so i did slowly, i took care at every step. The sound of my heel became quiet, but for that i had to be enjoyed to walk. Not easy to cross to times a great way with cars.

Just near the garages, I have met a 40-years-old single girl who was ready to enter her car and drive. She has not seen completly my face, thanks to the umbrella, but i have seen her looking me gracefully with a smile.

I would like to do that every day...

Well two absolutely uneventful shopping trips to two different Sam’s. Last night in a long sleeve white shirt and jeans and today in a gray t-shirt and denim shorts, both times with my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

The biggest comment was from a very young boy with his mom who asked, “Why is he wearing high heels?” I was too far away to hear the reply.

My guess would be that mom probably couldn't come up with a suitable answer.

I also stopped in the Payless that had the black patent pointy toe pumps with a wide ankle strap. They were a 13W so I tried them on and, to my surprise, they were too big. I think this is the first time I have ever tried on a pair of women’s shoes that were too big. But walking into a Payless wearing thigh boots and trying on shoes is a hoot and I don’t have to make up stories about who the shoes are for.

13 wide, too big, eh? Well, what a relevation. I doubt that would be the case with me though. HA! More power to you on another thrilling adventure.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

yeah, her one thought (most likely) is "well, now what can say to my kid about this!?-did I really see what I THOUGHT I saw!!?":confused: then you can bet that the mother in question probably just wanted to forget the qustion by her kid @ that point!:smile: (read into this as "self imbarassment" on her part I think)-you all know how this kind of thing goes-go figure!

• 2 weeks later...

There are some days when the public is more observant than others. Somedays I can go out wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos and it seems like no one notices, other days it seems like the whole world is tuned in and watching. Today was one of those second days. I went to a Wall Mart super center wearing brown denim shorts, a gray T-shirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The place was crowded and it seems like everyone in the parking lot and in the store isles managed to turn and have a look at my boots. I also caught sight of a few cell phone cameras. I found my way to the pet department, after asking where it was, and searched around for the items I wanted. I made my way to the register then on out to my car. Next I went to a Sam’s that I sometimes frequent. I parked and headed across the parking lot and into the store. Again it seemed like there were a lot more folks noticing the guy in boots than I’m used to. I wandered around gathering my stuff and caught a few heads turning. I headed to the register and on out to my car to transfer stuff from the shopping cart into the car. I go out enough wearing my boots that I have come to expect a public reaction of indifference. Although no one said a word to me today, I really felt like I was on display much more than I normally do. I don’t think it was me being more sensitive to the scrutiny, rather, just the mix of people I encountered today had never seen a pair of thigh boots before, especially on a guy, and didn’t know what to make of it. It was a fun outing anyway. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Some days are like that, TBG. You have to admit that you do present a rather imposing, if not unexpected looking, figure when appear in public dress the way you were. It's not surprising to me that people took note of you. I guess the best part is that no one "took offense" at the way you were dressed. It wouldn't do to be confronted by an angry parent demanding how they were gong to explain you to their young children. If I were you, I'd check U-Tube to see if anyone has posted any of those camera-phone pictures of you, there. And, if they are, perhaps you can tell by the remarks "what to make" of your experience.:smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Quote:

I also stopped in the Payless that had the black patent pointy toe pumps with a wide ankle strap. They were a 13W so I tried them on and, to my surprise, they were too big. I think this is the first time I have ever tried on a pair of women’s shoes that were too big.

13 wide, too big, eh? Well, what a relevation. I doubt that would be the case with me though. HA! More power to you on another thrilling adventure.

That was exactly my situation last week. I take a ~12.5 male shoe, and was excited to find a 13W pair of 4" pumps in stock. I was just hoping they wouldn't be as tight as a pair of Fredericks 5" sz13 heels I own, but was shocked to discover that I think they are too big. When I walk, my heel lifts up from the heel. I needed to focus on trying to clinch my toes to keep it from lifting, not the way I think it's supposed to be.

I've ordered a 12W, since the width seems good, and it seems like just a length problem. I was planning on ordering a 13 reg as well, for comparison, but it went out of stock.

Thighbootguy: I have felt the same way in certain places wearing my 5" stiletto high heels. The places that have a tile floor where my stiletto high heels loudly click is where it seems to draw the most attention. The main thing is that you enjoyed your outing in you high heeled thigh boots and appreciate the varied reactions, as I do. Please keep sharing your experiences with us. I love to read your posts.

TBG:-) I had gotten behind in reading your heeling stories because I hadn't posted since 30th of July. I have since caught up on them and they are just as interesting reading as all the others before. You mentioned in a couple of your posts that you had visited a St. Vincent de Paul store to make some purchases. My Mom ran a St.Vincent de Paul store in downtown McKeesport, Pa. for many years when I was in college. You also mentioned going to a pet department for some supplies which surprised me as I always thought that you lived alone. Your outfits and reactions sound interesting so keep letting us all know of your activities in thighboots. Congrats, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I don’t think it was me being more sensitive to the scrutiny, rather, just the mix of people I encountered today had never seen a pair of thigh boots before, especially on a guy, and didn’t know what to make of it.

It was a fun outing anyway.

:thumbsup:

I get that sometimes too. When I walked into Joanne Fabrics with wife Sat. ,two ladies in there 20's walked in behind us and the younger one noticed my heels right away and pointed them out to her friend and then I heard her giggle a little but I think her friend was ok with it. After that we went into Ruby Tuesdays to talk to the manager/et about having the heel meet there and got nothing but friendly smiles.

You are right though thighbootguy, some days seems like you run into what I call "box people", they don't get out much, and most days it's just another day in heels, like today.:smile:

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

I took my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos to the cobbler for heel tip replacement. I went downtown wearing brown denim shorts, gray t-shirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. There was an “art fest” going on, and the street where my cobbler has his shop was blocked off. This meant I got to walk for several blocks to and from the shop. An “art fest” may sound like my kind of thing but it really was just a lot of booths set up where vendors were selling beads and trinkets and a stage set up for a band. This is not really my thing so I dropped off my boots and headed back to the car. I got a couple of glances but no comments. Next I headed over to my favorite thrift emporium. I had to park at the far end of the strip mall and walk the whole length to get to the store. I was looking at stuff and took a step backward right into the path of a young kid that started to fall when he tripped over me. I reached out and kept him from falling at the same time his mother, who was just up the isle, told him to watch where he was going. As I walked passed her she was saying to the kid, “Yes, those are really tall boots.” I guess the kid noticed what he fell over. In the next isle a very attractive lady who was wearing a pair of knee high boots said, ”I really like your boots.” “Thank you very much. I really like the pair your wearing, especially the lacing up the back.” “Why thank you. I’m a boot fanatic.” We chatted a bit more and then moved on. I didn’t see anything I wanted today so I headed back to the car and drove to the pet food store where I bought several cases of cat food. The folks in the store hadn’t seen me before and one of the older male clerks looked like he was having a real problem wrapping his head around the idea of a guy in thigh boots. There were a couple of other guys in the store whos knuckles were almost dragging on the ground but no one said a word or did anything. Wearing those boots with shorts now feels so natural and comfortable I really have to fight becoming complacent about going into places. My confidence must show when I’m wearing thigh boots and people respect that but I still have to keep reminding myself to use a little caution about expecting everyone to accept that there in the company of a guy wearing thigh boots. :winkiss:

Wearing those boots with shorts now feels so natural and comfortable I really have to fight becoming complacent about going into places. My confidence must show when I’m wearing thigh boots and people respect that but I still have to keep reminding myself to use a little caution about expecting everyone to accept that there in the company of a guy wearing thigh boots.

:winkiss:

I think this is a good philosophy to have whenever anyone goes heeling in public. You get so comfortable wearing high heels with your everyday wardrobe you might not realize where you are and it might be a place where people might not be so accepting or even friendly. I've only had a couple of negative reactions and the overwhelming majority of reactions has been positive.

Please keep sharing your experiences with us. I love reading them.

I had so much fun this morning, I decided to go over to the museum. I wanted to be a little bit dressier so I pulled on a pair of white shorts and a new blouse I bought last week. The blouse is a black crepe with trumpet cuffs and a V neck line. There is a ribbon tie that runs from each side and fastens in the front. I wore this with the black pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. Basic black and white. Normally I would wear a turtleneck so I don’t have to worry about anything above the waist but this blouse was designed to highlight breasts so I thought why not. I put on a bra, that I filled naturally, and tied the tie and, low and behold, thighboots and breasts with a little cleavage. I headed over to the museum and was greeted by the guards as I normally am. I grabbed a stool, headed for a gallery, and went to work. As usual, everyone was friendly and no one said a word. I only stayed for an hour then headed to a Sam’s I rarely frequent. On the way there I got lost, and as luck would have it I drove past a shopping mall with a Payless I didn’t know about. I pulled into then lot and went into the store. The manager didn’t miss a beat in welcoming me to Payless and registered no surprise when I headed to the women 12 - 13 section. They had three racks of size 12 and two racks of 13s, mostly with 3” - 4” heels. I had not planned on buying shoes but this was too much to pass up. I sat down and pulled off one boot and tried a few on shoes. The manager offered to check the stock to see if there were any more 13 boots (there weren’t) but 12s were large enough. I didn’t buy anything but the manager made a point of inviting me back. :winkiss: I finally found the Sam’s store and went in to do my shopping. I was really feeling great so I tool my time and wandered all around the store. At the checkout the world came crashing down. I noticed the clerk had given my boots a second glance so I said, “There fun.” She looked at me head to foot and asked, “Is that your Halloween costume?” :nervous: I’m not often at a loss for words but that question stopped me cold. I said, “No, I wear this all the time.” She got a perplexed look on her face and went on to the next customer. Oh well, you can't win them all. But it still was a fun outting. :sad:

I had a day off after a mid-morning dentist appointment. I went to a town far enough away that I wouldn't run into anyone I know and had some fun. I bought some tight women's jeans from Old Navy and wore them with my Miss Sixty boots. I went into TJ Maxx (TK Maxx for my UK friends) and shopped for about 15 minutes and it was great. I later went into a Payless Shoestore and the clerk's got as big as saucers when she saw me but said a polite hello. She motioned for the other clerk to come see me and they didn't seem to know what to think. I bought some sale boots (left over from last year for $9) and she asked if I had seen anything to take advantage of the "buy one, get one half off" deal and she seemed to be very friendly once we got into a conversational mode. Anyway, it was very cool shopping out in public with tall boots on. Thanks again for all your encouragement here.

Sounds like you had a fun outing. It is always fun for me to view the assortment of reactions of people when they see me in high heels. I have had different reactions from different clerks at different Payless shoe stores. I try to stay upbeat and cheerful to any and all reations. Congratulations on your day.

She looked at me head to foot and asked, “Is that your Halloween costume?” :winkiss:

I’m not often at a loss for words but that question stopped me cold. I said, “No, I wear this all the time.”

She got a perplexed look on her face and went on to the next customer.

Well, now there's a question I'm sure you didn't at all expect. And it sounds like she was quite puzzled by what you wore.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sparty61 > It must be quite a rush to go shopping wearing high heels boots over jeans. I never had a chance (or nerve) to go shopping in heels yet but maybe one day I will. (And I dont think it will be in thight boots over jeans like you did ! :nervous: )

Problem I have is I would have to drive "quite far away" in order not to be recognized by a salesperson. One thing is sure: You got a lot of nerve ! :winkiss:

I took Monday afternoon off from work to attend a retirement benefits meeting wearing jeans and a black T-shirt. Two things of interest at the meeting; I didn’t wear my boots, and I can’t afford to retire.

After the meeting, I pulled on a pair of pull on black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and headed for my cobbler’s shop to pick up my 5” heeled boots that were in for heel tips. This time I parked right outside the shop. When I went in the cobbler yelled out from the back, “I’m working on your boots now, they will be ready in 5 minutes.” When he came out, we chatted a bit about the “art fair” that was going on Saturday when I had dropped my boots off, then I paid my bill and headed back to my car.

I changed the T-Shirt for the black crêpe blouse with trumpet sleeve cuffs and headed for Wall-Mart. I parked a nice walk from the entrance (busy store) and headed in. I picked up the stuff I was after then headed for the shoe department. On the way I passed a mother and young son and the kid says,”He’s wearing girls boots!”.

To which his Mom replied, “He can wear anything he wants.”

I did not go back and add to the conversation, figuring it was best to leave well enough alone.

After I walked back to my car, I headed for Shoe Carnival, and Barnes and Noble. I wandered around in both stores for a while. The manager in Shoe Carnival seemed a little less than thrilled about having me in the store but he got over it when I left.

The last stop was a Sam’s I sometimes frequent but not the same as my last post’s. I wandered around and got my stuff and headed for the register. After the gal rang up my sale, I noticed she had glanced at my boots a couple of times. Being a slow learner I said, “There fun.” This time I got a big smile in return.

-JeffB

I don’t think she was puzzled at all. She was just being rude.

-DawnHH

Thanks for the kind words.

Thigh Boots, I appreciate your sense of freedom. This is going to sound really weird but, I'm not sure that if you were wearing short shorts, a bra, and a blouse, that I'd be all that comfortable around you myself. I'm comfortable around transvestites to a certain degree as I got to know a few guys about 20 years ago in downtown Lexington. I'd be proud to be seen out with you wearing your boots. I'd wear some too, of course. I'm good with the idea of what your wear. But I have a stupid question for you: Do you associate the same feeling of excitement of wearing other female clothing as of wearing boots? If you decide not to answer, I'm ok with that too. I don't want to put anyone on the spot, I'm just curious. For me, I love the look and feel of heels. I think they're sexy as hell - for women and for men. I also think there's a lot of really hot sexy clothing for guys that can make me feel sexy -- from thongs and low-low cut tight jeans, to beautifully woven barely-there silk shirts. And, as much as I love wearing heels, my other male wardrobe pieces help to even out a very sexy masculine look -- albeit if only in "my own" mind. A little help would be appreciated, if you don't mind. William BTW, I used to live in Cincy a few years back. I know that whole No. KY/ So. Ohio area pretty well. I loved Eden Park!!!

TBG:-) That Mother made the right remark to her son and you did the right thing by letting it go by. I would have done the same. Sometimes it is best to leave sleeping dogs lye. Congrats on how you handled the situation. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

- William

The shorts were not short shorts, rather the hem of the shorts came to about the top of my boots. However, in retrospect, I think I agree with you. (I'm not sure that ... I'd be all that comfortable around you myself) The bra and boobs was a spur of the moment thing. The overall look wasn’t bad but I think I did push things a bit to far considering the look I want is of a guy in thigh boots. I wasn’t uncomfortable with the outfit but it was a bit much, but not enough to merit the Halloween costume remark.

Eden park is a great space. I often visit the Art Museum and have started going to the Khron Conservatory wearing thigh boots. I have even taken a stroll around the reflecting pond.

“Do you associate the same feeling of excitement of wearing other female clothing as of wearing boots?”

Well probably, but not the kind of excitement most folks think it would be. First I enjoy the look, but the excitement part comes from confidently making a presentation that is very different, and somewhat unique, that flys in the face of what is expected. It is an attention getting device that I enjoy using. Thigh boots with heels attract attention and the excitement is in controlling it. When I come back from an outing, I’m exhausted because I have been in a very alert state for the whole time. I have been wearing thigh boots for so long that they really are just another pair of shoes. Years ago it was a sexual turn on but not any longer. :winkiss:

:nervous:

Two things of interest at the meeting; I didn’t wear my boots, and I can’t afford to retire.

Getting there, getting there! I'm looking to retire but hopefully, it might be sooner than later!

On the way I passed a mother and young son and the kid says,”He’s wearing girls boots!”. To which his Mom replied, “He can wear anything he wants.”

That is the best answer that anyone can give or get! Thanks for sharing.

It's all about the heel!

Thigh Boots -- Thanks for your response. I appreciate your thoughtfulness on the issues. I'm sure I have some barriers as to how I view other people, so I really am curious about what drives some to do what they do. It's funny how one guy can do something feminine in guy-mode and think "this is a hot sexy cool manly look" and someone else can think, "that guy's a weirdo". For myself, I wonder if coming into my own sexual awareness during glam-rock and disco expanded my horizons more than in previous generations. While I don't think a dress or a bra is a cool manly look, I do love the look of tight fitting leather clothing, platform boots, big sexy hair and eyeliner. I'm either very cool, or very weird -- or both. :winkiss:

I went Findlay Market in Cincinnati wearing a gray T-shirt, tight jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Findlay market is an old market that has recently been remodeled (and ruined). The main part of the market is in a long building with vendor stalls (butchers, cheese shops, bakery goods,...on both sides of an isle that runs the length of the building. Around the outside of the building are street vendors in outdoor stalls. Anyway, there are always a lot of people at the market.

I parked about a block away and walked to the market and headed in. I was there for about 30 minutes as I walked the length of the inside twice then around the outside. I bought some stuff for supper and had a good time. I thought I heard , “those boots” from somewhere in the din but that was it. No one said a word or even batted an eye. Inside, the place was crowded and most people didn’t look down but outside there was lots of room and I stood around for a while. No responce at all.

I have wanted to try that market for some time but I tend to be a bit cautious about where I go. I finally figured the worst that would happen was peals of childish laughter and I figured I could handle that so I headed on in.

I’m going to be going back because I had a blast.

I went Findlay Market in Cincinnati wearing a gray T-shirt, tight jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Findlay market is an old market that has recently been remodeled (and ruined). The main part of the market is in a long building with vendor stalls (butchers, cheese shops, bakery goods,...on both sides of an isle that runs the length of the building. Around the outside of the building are street vendors in outdoor stalls. Anyway, there are always a lot of people at the market.

I parked about a block away and walked to the market and headed in. I was there for about 30 minutes as I walked the length of the inside twice then around the outside. I bought some stuff for supper and had a good time. I thought I heard , “those boots” from somewhere in the din but that was it. No one said a word or even batted an eye. Inside, the place was crowded and most people didn’t look down but outside there was lots of room and I stood around for a while. No responce at all.

I have wanted to try that market for some time but I tend to be a bit cautious about where I go. I finally figured the worst that would happen was peals of childish laughter and I figured I could handle that so I headed on in.

I’m going to be going back because I had a blast.

There is a market similar to the one you described where I live. Once again, my friend, you have inspired me and given me a new place to visit wearing high heels. Thank you so much for sharing your story and I will let you know how my experience turns out.