Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

you look good in your color coordination outfit there thighbootguy, plus I:smile: love to see how you move about in the kitchen in your wonderful boots!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from one of those over the top outings that was a lot of fun. I went to Sam’s this afternoon for a few items. I decided to wear a skirt so I put together a black and white outfit. I wore a white knit short sleeved top, a black suede leather mini skirt, white hose and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. It was cool enough that I also wore a brown suede leather coat. At Sam’s I use a shopping cart which masks the initial view other get but there was little reaction. There were lots of folks in Sam’s today, including a lot of young males that did have me a little concerned. I took my time wandering around and got a few looks but other than that no reactions at all. Even the group of guys I was concerned about gave a look and kept on doing what were they were doing. I got in a long checkout line and after a minute a woman walked up behind me and said, “Excuse me, but where did you get those boots? I’ve wanted a pair for a long time.” I told her you could find them on the web and told her about several sites. She thanked me and went back to another line where her husband was. The register clerk was an attractive young lady that I had not seen before. I noticed she did look at me a couple of times. (I suspect she was thinking, “Why my line”). When she finished ringing up my stuff I asked her, “Does this work together?” and indicated the skirt and boots. She gave me a smile and a not and said, “It rocks”. I thanked her and headed out of the store. I had to park farther from the store than normal so I had a nice walk across the parking lot. Nobody seemed to care or to be bothered by what I was wearing. Truth be known, I didn’t really need to go shopping today, I just wanted to go out.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Truth be known, I didn’t really need to go shopping today, I just wanted to go out.

As a newbie to this Forum, I've just spent the last couple of hours scanning/reading the 5 year lifecycle of this thread.

"Man, what a trip."

I'm tempted to make several comments, but I'll perhaps do that when I've had some more contact with you, maybe via PM, and when I'm a little more established here (if I may?)

The one comment I will make though is; While I far from read every one of your posts, and may even have skipped a whole year once or twice, and in doing so I may have missed references to one .... But I don't believe I saw any reference to a life "partner"....... ?

You seem like a decent and pretty socialable animal, so I'm surprised there's no obvious mention of one?

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned in another post, Shopping, that I was replacing the zipper in my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos (my favorite pair) and what fun I had buying the zipper. Well, as I was sewing it in I ran out of thread and had to go back to the store. The first time at the store I wore a skirt that covered a lot of my boots, this time I followed my own advice about showing off the boots that you are wearing.

I went back to the fabric store wearing a brown suede leather coat, black turtleneck, black stretch exercise pants and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos over the pants.

I had to walk several isles in the parking lot to get to the store and a local police car drove across my path directly in front of me. Due to the traffic, he was actually going slower than I was. I had to walk toward the cruiser and go behind it to get to the sidewalk. The guy didn’t even bat an eye.

In the store (second time in a few hours) I wandered around and got my stuff and paid at the register. There were several folks there but no one even bothered to glance twice.

This was a totally uneventful (but fun) outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went our again yesterday wearing a brown suede coat, a black turtleneck, black leather ladies bike shorts, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The boots came up to the hem of the shorts but most of the time, part of my legs were showing. My first stop was the art museum. It must be the combination of the shorts and boots because more people seemed to notice. The guards treated me like a long lost friend but the other patrons seemed to be taking a second look. As I was sketching, a young girl walked by wearing fight jeans and black faux suede knee high boots. She maid a point of ignoring the guy that had on boots that were taller than hers. The best thing I saw at the museum was a family (both parents and two kids) each carrying sketch books. After a couple hours at the museum, I headed for a Bigg’s supermarket. It had started to snow and every once in a while a snowflake would find its way inside the top of my boots. I walked through the store and noticed I was getting more looks than normal. I had to ask where an item was and the only clerk around was talking to what appeared to be his red neck buddy. The clerk looked me over and mustered all his self composure to tell me where the item was. The gal running the register gave me a nice smile though and that made up for the other clerk. I did discover it was time for new heel tips on these boots. One heel kept kicking out on the polished floor. I then headed for a B. Dalton bookstore in a mid scale mall. (The difference between a mid scale and upper scale mall is based on the income levels of the partrons). As I walked across the front of the store (on the outside) I noticed the reflection of a guy about 30 feet away who just couldn’t believe his eyes. He turned just kept staring at me as I walked along. I turned his way and gave him a friendly nod and he turned away and went on to his car. In B. Dalton, I spent 15 minutes looking for a book and reading. A few folks seemed to notice but no one said a thing. Since this trip was all about having fun, I wandered into the Shoe Carnival that was next door to B. Dalton. This place did not have the same upscale crowd that was at the store I visited on my last outing. Most of the clerks were guys and they took notice but the female clerk really was doing her best to remain neutral but she really looked like she wished I would go away and not further offend her sensitivities. I tried on a pair of white pumps with a 4” heel that looked like they might be large enough (looks were deceiving) and stopped at the end of season boot sale table where the female clerk was trying to make order of the mess. I looked at a couple size 11s but didn’t try anything on. I went back to my car and headed home. I’ve been trying to guess what caused all the additional attention. I have been to all of these places before and didn’t even get noticed (well, not as much). The leather bike shorts came almost down to my knees but then there was a break before the boots continued. That contrast made the combination stand out. Had the boots been taller or the shorts longer, or if I had been wearing black hose, that contrast would not have been there. I may rethink wearing that combination again. Anyway, it was a fun outing.

I just got back from a 10 min. walk around the neighborhood this evening. There was lots of traffic but no pedestrians. I just finished sewing in the new zipper on my Ellie’s 8899 black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. That turned out to be a lot of hand sewing through two layers of leather but I’m pleased with the results. One other repair was necessary. The foam lining had finally fallen apart and had started to gather around the ankle of the boot. While I had the zipper out I removed all that material. As soon as I pulled them on I wanted to take them out for a walk. My leg muscles are telling me I’ve just been walking on 5” heel rather than the 4” heels I have been wearing for a month or so (since the zipper broke). How quickly your muscles forget if you don’t keep in practice. Anyway, the boots felt great. These really are my favorite pair which explains why they have had 5 sets of heel tips, been resoled, and now a zipper replaced. They really are more comfortable to walk in than the 4” heels. ;)

post-928-133522853807_thumb.gif

post-928-13352285381_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing all of your experiences with us, Thighbootguy. One thing it seems you and I have in common is the careful selection of our public attire and how we coordinate our high heels with our wardrobe. I bought my first pair of thigh high heeled boots today and they are so comfortable, especially how they feel on my legs. The boots I bought have the side zipper. I almost bought a pair to lace up thigh high boots but I just wasn't sure. I may go back and try them on again. I also go for a walk nightly in either 4 or 5 inch heels. I'm going for a walk tonight in my new boots. I'll let you how I do. Thanks for all of your correspondence.;)

I have been having fun.

I went out to dinner Friday night at a Long Horn Steakhouse. I was wearing a white turtleneck, jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. When I walked in the hostess gave me a quick once over and a nice smile that seated me in a booth in the bar area. I had a nice uneventful dinner where no one mentioned my boots.

After dinner I took the opportunity to go to one of the up-scale malls in Cincinnati. As I walked in I became immediately aware that I needed a heel tip and that made walking more of an effort. I did get a couple of looks and I’m sure someone was taking pictures as there was a flash going off behind me. I walked through boot levels of the mall then back out to my car.

JeffB has been reminding me that, when going out, style and fashion are important. This has gotten me to remembering what I thought looked good with thigh boots. I kept coming back to thigh boots over jeans. So… I put on a white turtleneck, tight jeans and blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed out.

My first stop was my local cobbler. I needed heel tips on two other pair of boots. There was no parking available within two blocks of the shop so I pulled into the closest spot available and walked to the shop. I passed a group of three women who were in conversation and they didn’t even give me a second glance. In the shop, the cobbler had time to do the work while I waited. We also discussed an idea I had about turning one pair of pull on boots into lace up boots.

I walked the two blocks back to my car without incident.

I then went on to Sam’s to do some shopping. In the parking lot I saw a guy (with his son) getting a cell phone photo of me. As he walked by I said, “most folks ask first” but he ignored my remark. In the store I loaded my cart with some large bulky items without incident and headed for the register knowing I was going to have to make a second trip. I headed out to my car and unloaded the bulky stuff and headed back in. I walked past a really attractive blond gal who was selling some sort of cosmetic and she gave me a smile that I took as not enthusiastic so as I walked by I asked her, “Are they too much?”

She gave me a confused look and then looked down and saw my boots. She immediately brightened up and said, “Those really look good on you:icon_exclaim: ”

I thanked her and she want on, “I have a pair like that in white.”

I said, “So do I.”

She gave me a big smile and I went on shopping. A few minutes later I walked by her again and said, “Most people don’t even notice what I’m wearing.” (I didn’t mention that she hadn’t).

She said, “Your kidding”.

I went on shopping and just taking my time. I headed for the register and complemented the clerk on her earrings. She thanked me and said she hadn’t seen me for a long time. She said she worked the weekend and hadn’t seen me for a year. (Talk about lasting impressions). She also said that she thought my boots looked good.

As I was heading out a lady about my age stopped me and said, “I just wanted to complement you on being able to walk in those. I can’t do it anymore”.

I thanked her and headed out as one of the register clerks, that I chat with often, was also leaving. As we were walking out I asked her, “You’ve seen me wearing these like this (jeans) and with a skirt, which looks better/worse?”

She paused and looked me over again and said, “I like that look. It looks like you have been riding.” I took that to mean horse ridding. ;)

Looks like JeffB’s advice (starts at this post) about looking good has merit and I should try to make the additional effort.

:cool1:

I have just add a video of the blue boots and jeans look.

Thighbootguy Makes Vanilla Sour Cream Bread

Roniheels-

Bootking –

Johnieheel –

Thanks for the kind words.

TBG: I'm glad to have read that my teachings about style and fashion and "looking good" have started sinking in. Excellent! Regarding the outfit you wore on Friday night, the addition of a black leather jacket or full length coat would've made for a great accessory. Think about that for a future outing. Trust me, you'll look sharp in either. Otherwise, you did well with what you sported. As long as you commit yourself fully to perfecting your own sense of style and fashion, you'll reap immediate rewards by looking good, both in your own eyes, and in the eyes of everyone around you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB - Unfortunately I don't hava a black leather jacket (yet). I was cool enough that I was wearing a tan suede coat (jacket) while I was outside but took it off in Sam's. If your doing a lot of walking, thigh boots are warm and the jacket was becomming uncomfortable. Thanks for the comments.

I just made a modification to my Pleaser 8890 boots. These are cow leather pull on thigh boots with a 4” stiletto heel and an adjustable buckle strap behind the knee. I have always had a problem with the shaft of these boots staying up. As I walk the boots almost become ankle boots. The shaft diameter is too large for my leg and the strap behind the knee is useless. I have tried running a seam down the back of the boots to reduce the diameter of the shaft but I still couldn’t get the boots to stay up. Today I went to a dry goods store and bought a strip of 3” wide elastic. I sewed an 8” strip of the elastic inside the shaft at the point just below my knee that pulls the boot tight on my leg at this point. The result is that the boots stay up no matter how loose the shaft is. Another point is that I have to wear these boots with hose or over jeans because they are tight enough that I can’t easily pull the boots off is my leg has any perspiration. They feel great and look great and it is a real pleasure to wear them without having to worry about them falling down. This is the pair I wore into the National Gallery in Washington DC and all around the DC Mall. The reminder is that these boots are not comfortable boots for 6-8 hours of walking, but that’s a problem with the sole and an insole helps a lot. By the way I wore my blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos with jeans and a black turtleneck to the dry goods store. After a quick glance by the clerk, I became just another customer.

post-928-133522854742_thumb.gif

After making the modification to my Pleaser 8890s I wound up wearing them all day and my feet are letting me know that they still aren’t the most comfortable boots I own. I finished the day by walking out in the neighborhood wearing those boots, white hose, a short black leather skirt, a gray tee shirt and a tan leather jacket. I know this wasn’t the most stylish outfit I could put together but it felt great. I know looking good is important but feeling good is also a big part of the fun. The interplay of the boots (that stayed up) with the hose and the skirt is, to me, most enjoyable. ;)

One last note about the modification I made to my Pleaser’s 8890 boots. The first time around I wound up getting the elastic in one boot a little tighter than the other so I reinstalled the tight one and while I was at it I anchored the elastic in the middle as well as at the ends (I did this in both boots). By adding the anchor in the middle, it makes getting the boots on and off much easier and makes the installation almost invisable from the outside. I also undid the seams I had installed up the back of the boots which tightened the shaft since the boots now stay up without them. While I was at it I also shortened the buckle strap that runs behind the knee so that it at least looks like it is doing something. The only problem with this technique in that it makes the boots difficult to pull on over jeans unless the jeans are very tight fitting. However, the feeling of having these boots tight around the top of my calf (just below the knee) is great, and the freedom to walk around in them without them falling down is wonderful. I now have a great pair of thigh boots boots that look loose but stay in place. Whee hah. ;):cool1:

well, I have such a pair of capris myself tallguyinhells, but the only problem is that they are not as skinny (or tight if you will) as I'd like, they are more like goucho in style-but they still do look good @ that!;)

Tallguyinheels - I thought about capri pants but full length jeans have not presented a problem. Normally I wrap the pant cuff around my ankle before I pull on my boots on and that does the trick. If it doesn’t I wrap the cuff around my ankle and pull the top of my sock over it. That works for pull on boots. For boots with an ankle zipper, I first get my feet into both boots, then I pull the pant cuff down in one boot and reach in the hold the cuff down with the heel of the other boot while I pull the boot up then reverse the operation for the other boot. A 5” heel is a handy device for reaching in and holding the opposite pant cuff in place. ;)

I made the same modification to my Ellie 8868 black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels that I made to my Pleasers 8890 boots. I sewed a 6” piece of wide elastic inside the shaft of the boots just below the point where the shaft is at top of my thigh. The elastic pills the boot shaft tight at hies point and keeps the shaft from falling down my leg. I have previously sewn a seam up the back if these boots to tighten them on my leg but I couldn’t tighten them enough to stay up and still be able to pull them on. This is the pair I asked the cobbler about converting into a pair of lace up boots but my modification makes them wear so well I don’t think I’ll bother with the lace up idea. I really like leather boots but the pull on style has always been a problem. The manufacturers put a large shaft on larger sized boots and they have never fit my legs. I now have two pair of boots that will get a lot more wear time. ;)

I took a nice trip to the museum yesterday. I wore jeans, a black long sleeved blouse, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The parking lots were packed but the museum was not overly crowded, I have no idea where all the people were. The museum guards greeted me like an old friend. I grabbed a stool and headed upstairs for the gallery.

Art Lesson: One of the guards was sitting behind a large alter piece that has doors that open to reveal a number of biblical scenes that are painted in bright colors. As I was talking to him I noticed there were paintings on the outside of the doors that were monochromatic. He commented that the effect of opening the doors must have been similar to the beginning of the Wizard of Oz, which started in black and white and then changed to Technicolor when Dorothy enter Oz.

I seated my self in front a still life and started to sketch. After a few minutes one of the docents came over and said, “I just have to see what your doing”.

She commented that it was nice work. I don’t think she would have bothered if I hadn’t been dressed as I was.

In another gallery, while I was working, a tour of engineers came through with a guide. She pointed out lots of stuff in one of the paintings and completely let them astray on the Monet. I was going to speak up and point out several interesting features but neither she nor the group seemed like they wanted a guy in thigh boots to teach them anything. I just kept working away.

The museum has been showing classic cars in the lobby. They currently have a bright red 1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster the really deserves to be seen in an art museum.

On the way out to the car, several folks seemed to take notice and they didn’t seem to return the friendly smile that was offered. Oh well, you can't win them all.

I had a pleasant outing.

;)

I have a few days off work so I’m trying to get out and about an bit. This afternoon I went to Sam’s to get a few things. I went in wearing a black T-shirt, denim shirt, brown hose and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I was in the store much earlier than normal and some of the staff had not seen me before. They were still courteous and the folks that knew me greeted me warmly. I wandered around a bit and got my stuff then I got into the longest register line. As I was leaving the exit clerk who had not seen me before made sure she said, “Have a good day Sir.” I don’t get “Sired” that often but it’s usually when I’m wearing heeled boots and/or a skirt. After Sam’s, I went to the museum again. I changed the skirt for jeans and went in to sketch for a while. I really do enjoy doing that. The same docent I was talking to yesterday struck up a conversation with me about some of the art pieces. I talked with some of the other guests about some of the paintings and today had an all together different feel than yesterday. I didn’t feel as out of place (or out of step) as I did yesterday. As I was leaving I asked the docent, “Do these look bad?” and indicated my boots. She said, “There different!” “I know that, but do they look bad?” She thought about it and looked again and said, “No, they look fine.” I didn’t think that was too bad an assessment from someone with whom I had just been discussing Dutch masters. While I was talking to the decent, a group of elderly ladies walked by, looked me over, then gave me a collective group of smiles. One on them said, “I don’t see how you can walk in those. I can’t anymore.” She shook her head and gave me a big smile and went on with her group. ;)

Yesterday I went out wearing jeans, a black silk blouse, tan suede jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I have a pair of Tony’s style - U boots that have started making a loud cracking sound when I put weight on the right heel. I took that boot to the cobbler. I had to park two blocks away from he shop and walk on a relatively busy street with both pedestrians and auto traffic. I noticed a couple of head turning in the cars but none of the pedestrians seemed to be bothered (or willing to acknowledge I was there). In the shop the cobbler (who knows me well) was talking with a friend when I walked in. The cobbler greeted me warmly but I thought his friend was going to swallow his teeth. The guy didn’t say a word but I’ll bet there was an interesting conversation after I left. I left the boot with the cobbler and walked back to my car. I drove over to the museum. Two school busses were parked in the drive at the museum. As I parked my car I saw two bus loads of high school kids streaming out of the museum. I thought about it for a second and decided to wait for them to get on their busses before I walked from my car to the museum. I couldn’t see anything to be gained by walking through that crowd. In the museum I took off my jacket, grabbed a stool and headed up stairs for a gallery. The guards greeted me and came over to see what I was sketching. One guard had never seen me before and, after commenting on my sketch, politely asked, “What’s with the boots?” “Oh, I just like to wear them.” My answer seemed to satisfy his curiosity. I chatted with some other folks that came through the gallery. I moved to another area and attempted a sketch of a marble statue of Eve. Sketching white marble isn’t easy and while I was working away a group of folks (several in wheel chairs) stopped by to watch me work. After looking at my sketch book, the oldest member of the group commented to me that he couldn’t draw a straight line with a ruler. I replied, “You might be good at drawing then because there are no straight lines in nature.” He seemed amused by my comment and be bid each other a good day. I failed to mention that as the group came by I was sitting on a bench with my legs crossed (guy style, with my left ankle on my right knee) with a 5” heel waving in the breeze. I did one more sketch and headed back to the car. I must not be practicing enough because my right ankle started to weaken as I was walking and I had to a real effort to not fall off that heel. That has happened to me before and the only thing I can do is slow down and walk very carefully because the muscles just quit working. I drove on to a Sam’s I had never been to before. The shopping cart gave me enough support that my ankle wasn’t a problem. I wandered through the store and no one seemed bothered by a guy in thigh boots. At the checkout the clerk asked me if I had found everything and I said, “Yeah, this is my first time in this store and the layout is different.” She was talking with her supervisor and had not noticed my boots yet. When we were done I asked her, “Are these too much for this part of town?” and cocked a boot so the heel was visible. She looked down and got a surprised look on her face which then changed to a delighted look and said (as much to her supervisor as to me), “I think their cute”. She really ment "cute" as a complement so I laughed and thanked her for her comment and headed for the exit. The clerk at the exit was an older lady who watched me approach. She greeted me and I asked her the same question. Her expression showed that she was surprised and delighted that I had asked. She said, “I like them, I think their nice.” I thanked her and headed for my car. I noticed there was a Target in the same mall as Sam’s and decided to wander through. I don’t recall ever going into a Target before. I walked in and headed for the shoe department. Several folks glanced at my boots but a lot of folks ignored me. I walked about a bit and my ankle started bothering me again so I headed out of the store. As I passed a one way mirror I caught a glimpse of one of the register clerks doing a major double take as she saw my boots. It was a fun outing. :roll:

I have just had an outstanding boot outing! I went out wearing jeans, a blue short sleeved shirt, tan suede jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. My first stop was the cobbler shop to pick up a boot that needed the heel repaired. Again, I had to park two blocks from the shop and walk along the main thoroughfare with pedestrian and auto traffic. The cobbler had my boot ready for me. He said their was a bent nail in the heel but when I pressed down on the heel on the counter it still made a noise. It didn’t make it for him so I said, “let me try it on” and took of one boot and put that one on. It boot still made a crunching sound when I put weight on it so he said he would take the heel apart and see what was going on. I put my boot back on and the cobbler and I chatted on the sidewalk for a few minutes about how the business is starting to come back. The people walking by noticed but didn’t say anything. I walked back to my car. Next I went to the museum. Sketching the marble statue of Eve had gotten the better of me last time and I wanted to try again. Today the museum was packed. As I was just starting, a group (collage age) came up to me and one of the gals said she just loved my boots and wondered if I would pose for a picture with her. I said, “sure why not” and her friend took a couple of shots. Next a family with two very young kids stopped by and wanted to see my sketch. I showed then some stuff and we chatted about drawing for a few minutes. Another group came through and two of the guys posed for a picture with Eve. The later came by and had someone take a group picture of them. I commented how nice the group had posed for the picture and that started a conversation that wound up with me giving them a tour of three of my favorite galleries. They referred to me as an artist and I explained that I really wasn’t but one of the guys offered that artist wear boots. After the museum I went back to the Sam’s I had visited a few days ago. While I was in the checkout line a lady stopped me, felt my boot to see if it really was leather and commented that she thought they were beautiful. She asked if the heel was hard to walk in. I said it wasn’t and thanked her for her comment. This was a really fun outing. :roll:

There has been some discussion about looking good when you go out. Here are several examples of how to casually wear thigh boots out in public and really look good. Aside from the fact that the gal wearing them is gorgeous, look at the combination of clothes she has chosen.

Patent boots over jeans

White leather Ellie 8899s

Black leather crotch high with a denim skirt

Black leather crotch high over jeans with shoulder length gloves Ok that’s a little much for public wear but the outfit works.

:roll:

Thighbootguy... Nice videos as always. I have not yet worn my thigh boots over my jeans in public yet. I have worn them under my jeans in public (a young neighbor woman saw me and complemented my boots a while back), but never over them. I'm building up the courage to do so. You and others are inspiring me.:roll:

This morning I went fo the cobbler shop to pick up the boot I had in for repair. I wore jeans, a grey T shirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I had to park up the block so I had a nice walk down the street. When I got to the shop, there was a sign in the window that read “back in 5 minutes”. While I was waiting there, another guy stopped by to see the cobbler. He seemed surprised by my footware but not put off. We chatted until the cobbler came back.

The good news is he didn’t charge me anything for working on the boot, the bad news he couldn’t find anything wrong so the heel still creeks.

As I was walking back to the car, a young kid (male 12 years old) saw me and tool a gool look at my boots and said, “Oooo, why do you wear them?”

“I like them.”

The kids Mom and sister were a little further up the street and the kid takes off toward them and says, “MOM… MOM… (she ignored him)… HEY MOM… THAT GUY IS WEARING GIRLS SHOES.”

At that his mom turned around to look but I had gotten into my car by them.

Next I headed to the big thrift emporium where I like to shop. I walked through and found two pair of shoes, one was a pair of black leather pumps (13W) and the other was a pair of low heel ankle boots with a full leather lining. I also found a lambskin skirt that felt too good to pass up.

Next I stopped in Newport to look in another thrift store. I parked around the corner and walked back to the store. Newport has the reputation (deserved) of having a lot of clubs where the dancers might wear thigh boots, but I have never seen a pair on the street. Anyway, I think I almost caused a traffic accident. I wandered through the store and got a couple of hard looks but no one said a thing. I walked back to my car and got a similar reaction from the traffic.

It was a fun outing.

As I was walking back to the car, a young kid (male 12 years old) saw me and tool a gool look at my boots and said, “Oooo, why do you wear them?”

“I like them.”

The kids Mom and sister were a little further up the street and the kid takes off toward them and says, “MOM… MOM… (she ignored him)… HEY MOM… THAT GUY IS WEARING GIRLS SHOES.”

At that his mom turned around to look but I had gotten into my car by them.

Heh! Who among us haven't had that happen to them, especially with kids who feel obligated to scream that at the top of their lungs. Oh, well, that's life. Glad to hear you enjoyed your outing, TBG.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!