Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I mentioned in my last post that I had been stung by something, well 24 hours later my lag is swollen and sore and I thought I ought to get a second opinion. I headed off to an urgent care facility in the area. This is a facility staffed by a doctor but far short of a hospitals emergency room. I went in wearing a gray t-shirt, denim shorts and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I was there for an hour and a half and no one, staff or other patients, even batted an eye. A couple of kids gave confused glances but that was it. When the nurse and the doctor asked me what was wrong, I told them that something had stung me right at the top of my boot. I did have the right boot cuffed down below my knee so the doctor could see the extent of the swelling. After the doctors office, I went to a Kroger’s (large supermarket) that had a pharmacy to have my prescriptions filled. Still wearing my boots, I was there, wandering around the store for about half an hour, while the prescriptions were filled. Other than my leg being sore, this was a most comfortable outing. :o

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went to my regular doctor to get a second opinion on my leg (the swelling had increased). He said I was fine. I was wearing shorts (so the doctor could see my leg) and a long sleeved dress shirt (leftover from work), I didn’t wear my boots because I also wanted him to look at a spot on my foot and I didn’t want to mess with taking them off but as soon as I left the office I pulled my boots on and headed to a Sam’s I rarely frequent. I got a couple of hard looks as I walked, one from one of the greeters and another from a kid. The best reaction was when I walked past a mother and young son. I didn’t hear what the kid said, but his mom said, “You like those boots?” The kid said, “Yeah”. The kid has good taste. :o

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The best reaction was when I walked past a mother and young son. I didn’t hear what the kid said, but his mom said, “You like those boots?”

The kid said, “Yeah”.

The kid has good taste.

:-?

:cool1:

Thats absolutely priceless :o

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I went to my regular doctor to get a second opinion on my leg (the swelling had increased). He said I was fine. I was wearing shorts (so the doctor could see my leg) and a long sleeved dress shirt (leftover from work), I didn’t wear my boots because I also wanted him to look at a spot on my foot and I didn’t want to mess with taking them off but as soon as I left the office I pulled my boots on and headed to a Sam’s I rarely frequent.

I got a couple of hard looks as I walked, one from one of the greeters and another from a kid. The best reaction was when I walked past a mother and young son. I didn’t hear what the kid said, but his mom said, “You like those boots?”

The kid said, “Yeah”.

The kid has good taste.

:o

That's what I'm talking about! This kid is obviously raised with intelligence.

real men wear heels

As always, enjoyed your new videos. I agree with Richie that that comment by the kid was priceless. Thanks for the update on the Airstream. My father had a 19' travel trailer that we lived in when we displayed my Miniature Circus around the country. He and I had built a utility trailer that carried the circus in and we built it to look like an old circus wagon. We used 2 full sized station wagons to pull them with. So essencially, we traveled much like the real circuses did over the roads. It was displayed one time in the original buildings that the Ringling Bros. Circus used to be housed in in Baraboo Wisconsin. I often wonder when you make your outside videos with spiked heeled thighboots on that you must stand on your toes a lot to keep your heels from sinking into your yard. Thats what I had to do to keep my heels from sinking any time that I was on a grassy area. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

A number of years ago when I was working at the university, The campus was visited by the “Royal Lichtenstein Quarter Ring Circus”. This was one guy, Nick Weber, that had a wide variety of circus skills that would get three collage students to take a year off and travel around the country with him, putting on the circus. He would teach them the circus skills and (this is a quote) “give them some of what they wanted and everything they need”. At the time, I was in a very depressing situation at work and it took all my will power to not go with them.

From a juggling blog:

Jugglers looking for training and practical performing experience (but no pay!) might apply for a position with The Royal Lichtenstein Circus. Nick Weber of San Jose, California, has toured his quarter-ring show for the past 14 years.

As for walking in stilettos off the pavement, the ground was as hard as a rock when I was out so it wasn’t a problem. The only soft ground is in the garden, where you will sink in with flats on. I have a board walk down the middle so I can get to the plants.

Today was a boot day. I started out today wearing jeans, a blue long sleeved dress shirt, bleu sweat band, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I went down to the county court house to renew my auto registration. I parked across the street and walked in like I owned the place. The clerks office wasn’t open yet so I queued up in the line outside the door. The first guy in the line took one look and decided to ignore me, the second guy took a second look and saw the heels and got a funny look on his face. There wasn’t much conversation. When the office opened I went in and paid my fees and walked out with a new registration sticker. I walked out of the building and thought I heard a few snickers behind me. The same crowd that was outside the building when I went is was still there and I got a couple of smiled from several of the ladies. I walked back across the street and knelt down behind my car to put the sticker on the license plate. The parking was front end into the curb rather than parallel so I was out in the street putting on the sticker. I started to drive to work then realized I had forgotten to pack a lunch so I stopped at Bigg’s to pick up some yogurt. I haven’t been in there in the morning for a long time. It was fun and the floor is still as polished and slick as I had remembered it. I got a couple of looks but nothing too negative. I drove on to work and changed shoes before I went in. After work I pulled my boots back on and drove towards home. I stopped at Walgreen’s and picked up a few items. The stop was uneventful. Nest I stopped in Sam’s to get a few things. I wandered around a bit and picked up my stuff then headed for the register. There wasn’t a clerk I knew anywhere. The one I got didn’t seem surprised (I think they talk about me in the locker room :o ). After I loaded my car, I stopped at the gas station and filled up the car. Other than at work, I managed to wear my boots all day. :-?

I had a totally uneventful boot outing this evening. I stopped at the same Sam’s where I was a day or so ago. I wore a bleu long sleeved dress shirt, blue denim high waisted shorts with a ½” inseam, a blue sweatband and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The combination of a long sleeved shirt with short shorts normally looks unbalanced but when you add the thigh boots it brings things back into proportion. I really am liking the look of thigh boots with shorts. I was in a bit of a hurry so I was only in the store for abut 20 minutes and I didn’t get too much of a chance to wander around but very few people seemed to notice and no one seemed to care. I got one nice smile from one of the clerks but that was the only reaction. Often I will recognize a clerk from a previous visit but this time I didn’t see anyone I had ever seen before. If I didn’t like wearing these boots so much, with the reaction I got, it would hardly be worth the effort. I guess I should be careful of what I wish for. :o

If I didn’t like wearing these boots so much, with the reaction I got, it would hardly be worth the effort. I guess I should be careful of what I wish for.

Isn't it great to wear what you want and not be afraid.

To me the reaction is fun but the important thing is that I am finally wearing my heels in public and just being myself without any worries of what others think. Just a man in heels. No big deal.:o

real men wear heels

WOW did I just have a great afternoon. This morning I went to a technical seminar and there was no opportunity for heeling there, but I wound up with the afternoon off. I pulled on a pair of denim shorts, a gray T-shirt and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and went out shopping. The first place I stopped was my local thrift emporium. I parked and went in and headed for the lady’s skirt section, which is right by the shoe section. I walked past two ladies (I suspect mother and daughter) and I heard an exclamation of “WOW” from behind me. I turned around and both of them were absolutely gushing with excitement. “Those are gorgeous boots!” “There fantastic!” I managed a “Thank you very much.” About that time a third lady chimed in, “I think there great!” They asked me where I had gotten them and I told them about a couple of web sites. “I can wear a boot that tall, I’m going to get a pair.” The third lady said, “I’m surprised they fit as well as they do.” “They should, there fourteens but it is a 5” heel.” I walked away for a minute but came back to the mother of the pair and asked, “Excuse me but what would you wear with these boots?” “Well, I like to mix outrageous with classy. I have a leather dress that I wear with black pumps. Any kind of a classy top would work well with them. Of course you have discovered denim, that works well with anything.” Then she noticed my black leather purse on a shoulder strap and said, “Well there, you already know classy. I do want to get a pair, are they expensive?” “These are leather and they are around $80.” Her eyes got big and she called out to her daughter, “There leather and they were only $80.” We talked about the other styles available and heel height, then we bid each other a good day. I walked around for a while but didn’t see anything I really wanted so I headed for the Payless that is at the other end of the mall. In payless the clerk (young girl) greeted me and asked if I needed any help. I said I didn’t and started looking at the 12s. There was an open toe sling back with a 2” stiletto heel that I tried on but I didn’t like it that much so I put it back on the shelf. The clerk paid no additional attention to me but bid me a good day as I left. Next I headed to a St.Vincent dePaul, another thrift store. I had to park about a block away and did get a bit of attention as I walked along the street to the store. Inside, I browsed around and found a pilsner glass I wanted. While I was looking around the lady running the store greeted me and went on about her work. I went up to the counter and the lady rang up my item and I said, “I guess that’s all I need but, you know your inventory, do you have anything that would look good with these boots?” “Well, I don’t know what your looking for..” “Anything’s game.” “We do have some nice dresses on the back wall over there.” “Ok” and she took me back to the dress rack. “It should be something short... I don’t know what size..” “14” “It looks like all the short black ones are gone already... Oh here’s one marked large... there is a fitting room over there.” “Ok” “Let’s look at this other rack...” After a few more minutes she proceeded to pull out a green print that was very summery. “Let me try these.” By this time I was going to buy something no matter what. I went to the dressing room and tried on both dresses. The green one was more than I was ready for bit the little black one was really nice. I headed back out and rehung the green one and headed for the counter with the black one. “Will that one work?” “Yeah I think it will.” She proceeded to ring up the sale. “I think I nearly caused a traffic accident when I walked in.” She laughed. As I was leaving she said, “You’ll have to come back and let me know how that worked.” “I think I will be coming back and thank you so much for your help.” What a great outing! Pictures later (maybe). :o

Kneehighs - Thanks. I may have to try it again. It sure was fun.

I still can’t believe what happened today. I actually had a woman picking out dresses for me.

Anyway, the suggested pictures are conspicuous by their absence. I shot a few of me wearing the little black dress with spaghetti straps and my boots, with and without a bolero top, and with and without opera gloves. I came to the conclusion that I look awful wearing it. It looks good from the neck down but that top 10% ruins the look. I enjoy wearing it, but it is not for public display.

The whole day cost $3.50, $3 for the dress and $.50 for the pilsner glass. Entertainment doesn’t get much cheaper than that.

TBG: That was absolutely outrageous! Once again, you've shared a fantastic outing with us. Many thanks!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I stopped at Sam’s tonight and had a most interesting experience. I was wearing a black sleeveless tight fitting turtleneck, a tan very short skort, white hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Basicly black and white with a tan skort. When I walked in the greeter (a guy) actually got bug eyed. I have never seen a guys eyes get that big before. I wasn’t in a hurry so I strolled around looking at stuff. After a while I picked out the stuff I needed and headed for the register. I have always commented on keeping heels and work separated so I was shocked to spot a co-worker walking into the store. He was no more than 20 feet away from me but he didn’t see me or at least give any signs of recognition. I've known this guy for 30+ years and he didn't notice me. I really must look differently than I do at work. I headed behind a display and then back into the store until I saw where he was heading. I then headed for the register. I managed to get into a line that was open and checked out quickly. The register clerk was one that always gives me a cool reception, but I asked her anyway, “What would you do differently with this?” She didn’t answer my question but said, “You certainly walk better in those shoes than I could.” I let the answer pass and thanked her for her comment then headed out of the store. The other night I wore a long skirt, but tonight’s outfit was about wearing boots. I think I’m more comfortable presenting myself as a boot wearer then a skirt wearer. I appreciate that there is s subtle difference there but it’s enough for me. :o

On the way home after work I stopped in Sam’s and Walgreen’s wearing a blue and white striped long sleeved dress shirt, a pair of short denim shorts (think Daisy Duke), and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The shirt and the shorts look silly together unless the long sleeves are balanced by the thigh boots, in which case the outfit looks great (my opinion). In Walgreen’s a couple of heads in the parking lot turned as I walked in. In the store the register clerk, who has seen me many times before, greeted me. As I was walking past the cosmetics counter I asked the clerk if they had anything to harden nails. Mine are too soft to maintain their shape when I play guitar. She brightened up and took the time to show me several products. I selected one and thanked her for her help. I then went on to gather the items I had intended to buy. On the way out I stopped at the cosmetics counter again and waited for the clerk to become free then asked her how to choose a foundation makeup. The nice thing about wearing thigh boots with 5” heels is that she didn’t ask me who the makeup was for, she only asked if I had oily or dry skin. She proceeded to show me my options and help me select a proper color. I didn’t make the purchase but thanked her for the help. At the checkout, the clerk was very friendly and we chatted a bit. At Sam’s I had time so I wandered around a bit. One family (mother and 3 daughters) seemed to take particular interest in me as a point of amusement. The youngest girl peeked around the end of the isle twice to get a look. I just gave her a smile and she scurried off. At the register I had one of my favorite clerks who said she had liked the longer suede skirt I wore last time. I told her that I appreciated her comment about the longer skirt but I was really about showing off the boots. She laughed and said, “Well if that’s what you about, you do it well.” As I walked out the family was at a register and the little girl was still gave me an undivided stare. It was a fun outing. :o

It amazes me how a simple artical of clothing like shoes or boots can get so much attention and send who knows what kind of thoughts through peoples minds. Whats the big deal anyway? Thanks Thighbootguy for sharing your adventures with us. I look forward to reading them. Keep on heeling!:smile:

real men wear heels

It amazes me how a simple artical of clothing like shoes or boots can get so much attention and send who knows what kind of thoughts through peoples minds. Whats the big deal anyway?

It's all about people still being hung up on associating high heels with women's footwear, to them, it remains very much a big deal, even if it isn't to more enlightened folks like us. That's why we have to educate the masses as much as we can about fashion freedom and that footwear has nothing to do with gender. It's a tough road to hoe, but a road that needs to be dealt with.

"It's a tough road to hoe, but a road that needs to be dealt with"

Hi Hoe

Hi Hoe

Its off to work we go

Sorry Jeff that was too much to pass up.

It's all about people still being hung up on associating high heels with women's footwear, to them, it remains very much a big deal, even if it isn't to more enlightened folks like us. That's why we have to educate the masses as much as we can about fashion freedom and that footwear has nothing to do with gender. It's a tough road to hoe, but a road that needs to be dealt with.

I do understand Jeff that its a very big deal to a lot of people unfortunatly.

Very well said Jeff.

real men wear heels

I have had a fun boot afternoon. I went over to the Museum wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck, denim shorts with 3” inseams, white hose and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. As I walked in the guard greeted me warmly as I grabbed a folding stool and headed for a gallery. I planted myself in front of a painting and went to work. A few folks looked over my shoulder at my sketch but didn’t say anything until a guard (older lady) that I had never seen before commented, “I used to wear heels like those when I was younger.” “Thank you.” “Are those leather? Can I feel it?” and she felt the top of the boot. I used to have a pair of Italian leather boots that were baby cow (I think she was Italian and didn’t know the word calf for baby cow) that were very soft.” “These are pig skin. I can’t afford Italian leather boots. Were your this tall?” “Oh no... my legs aren’t that long. (laughter)” She had to head onto another post so we bid each other a good day. The rest of the visit was as usual, no one seemed to care what I was wearing. In another gallery, a father and two sons came through with a scavenger hunt sheet provided by the museum. The sheet describes a painting and asks a question about the painting that you can answer if you see the painting. The ides is to get families to explore the museum. They stopped in front of me and the father apologized for blocking my view. I laughed and said that I had all day and not to worry about it. I said, “I’m ashamed of myself for not thinking of that.” (the question sheet) He brightened up and said, “Yeah this is a great idea. It’s gets us looking all over the museum.” It didn’t seem to bother him that I was wearing boots with heels. After the museum I changed the shorts for a short black suede skirt and headed for my favorite thrift emporium. I walked in and a few young heads turned but no one else seemed to be bothered. As I was walking down one isle a lady passed by me and said, “I wish I could wear boots like that.” I thanked her for her comment. She didn’t even slow down so there wasn’t an opportunity for a conversation. I wandered around for a while but didn’t find anything I wanted. Next I headed for the St.Vincent dePaul thrift store. Here I had to park on the street and walk about half a block to the store. There than a quick glance from one person, no one seemed to notice. I wandered around and found two pair of jeans (total $1). I checked out and walked back to my car. After I got home, I changed into a gray T-shirt, denim short shorts, and my boots and headed to the local wine and spirits store. A few heads turned as I walked across the parking lot but in the store no one seemed to care. I picked up a bottle of rum and headed for the register then back to my car, all without event or comment. It sure is nice to be comfortable with what you are wearing. :smile:

TBG: Just another day at the museum, eh? Like I've said before, I admire you for your amazing outings! Keep up the great work!

I went to a podiatrist today. I have developed a bone spur on my little to that is starting to cause small problems. I didn’t go in wearing heels. However if he has asked, (he didn’t) I was ready to tell him all about my 5” stilettos. As it turn out he recommended some padding which seems to work. The next step is minor surgery to remove the spur. After the Doctor’s office visit I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos cuffed at knee high length, over my slacks and headed for a Burlington Coat Factory. This isn’t my best look but it’s Ok. As I walked in the store I got a couple of looks from the folks at the Service desk. I walked down the main isle to the Shoe section and looked through the collection. I only saw 3 pair of 11s and they weren’t anything I was interested. The only reaction I got was from a young black kid who was with his older brother and mother. The kid saw me and started to giggle and then, when he went around the end of an isle where I couldn’t see him, he started at laugh uncontrollably (as in rolling on the floor laughing). Part of this was seeing something out of the ordinary, and part was just being a kid. I walked around the end of the isle and looked at him, at which point he ran to the other end of the isle. It wasn’t worth doing more than that and since I was done looking around anyway, I headed out of the store. As I walked out another couple of women gave me a good staring at, and it was not the friendliest stare, but that happens to. Bit of a so so outing. :smile:

I wanted to go out again after my last post so I pulled on a gray T-shirt, my Daisy Duke denim short and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed for my favorite thrift emporium. I walked in and started browsing the isles. In the skirt section I found a skort that looked like it might fit but was sized several sizes too small. I put it back but then thought for the $1.75 this will cost, why not. I kept looking and found a Van Cliburn Piano Competition CD then headed for the register. Some folks seemed to notice but were willing to let me be. Next I headed to a Remke’s Market (local supermarket) and bought a gallon of milk. Again some folks noticed and I did overheat one conversation that stopped in mid sentence as I walked by, but again no comments or gawking. I headed back to the car then home. Still not a great outing but better than last time. By the way, the skorts fits. :smile:

I stopped at Sam’s tonight wearing a black ¾ length sleeve top with a ½” velvet collar, my Daisy Duke shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Classy top and outrageous bottom. I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn’t get to wander around as much as I wanted to. As usual, no one seemed to care what I was wearing. I did ask two of the clerks I knew what they thought of the outfit and got replies like ,”Cool”, and “Looks good”. Considering the outside temperature was 91F the “Cool” comment was very appropriate. After shopping, I stopped at the gas station on the way home. Again no reactions at all. :smile: