Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Two things that result of bad economic times. One is that people repair their automobiles and keep them going longer because it's less expensive than purchasing a new one. Another sign of a bad economy is that people tend to have their old shoes repaired so they don't have to spend what little money they have to purchase a new pair.

If you have an opportunity perhaps you can revisit him and encourage him to wait a couple of more months before he shutters his doors. Business is bound to improve the way things look.

Yet in my case, I repaired the heel tips simply because they don't make boots of this style and shape any more, not for economic reasons. I see a lot of very pointy boots with very skinny heels. But if they ever bring back my favorite style of boot, I would have at least another pair in black.

I went out skirting in thighboots a few days ago and posted it at Boots and Skirts in Public

I created a video wearing exactly the same outfit I wore while I was out.

Thighbootguy loads the Dishwasher

I really do need better inspiration. Suggestions welcome.

:winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video, but need to see more of the heels, I like to see guys in heels (but not in a sexual way) I'am sure you all know what I mean.

life is not a rehearsal

Once again I agree with Bubba on people fixing up their cars instead of buying new ones during economic hard times. I have seen a much greater number of older cars on the road of late during my commutes back and forth to the Science Center. It makes great sense to use up available mileage left in the older cars rather than have a big payment on a new one at these times. Even though there may be some great deals from the new car dealers at this time, I, like many are putting off buying a new car for a year or longer than I usually do. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I did my weekend shopping this afternoon. I went out wearing a long sleeved black V neck top, black leather jacket, light blue jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The first stop was Sam’s. As I walked across the parking lot, a lady passenger in a van almost hurt her neck turning around to see me. I threw her a smile and went on into the store. I was taking my time wandering around and from behind me I heard, “Oh, I love those boots!” I turned around and the lady optician gave me a big smile and a nod. I said, “there fun.” and I struck a pose, showing off the heel. “I’ll bet they are.” And we headed our ways. A lady in the checkout line and I chatted about several barging we had found, just like I was any other customer. Next, I stopped at the nearby Goodwill but didn’t se anything I wanted. Lastly, I went to my favorite thrift emporium and I’m starting to think I’ve started a cure. There was a pair of brown suede 5 pocket jeans for $5, and a brown suede skirt for $4, both in size 16 and I passed them up. I already have both garments and didn’t need seconds. The temperature was a little over 60F and that is getting close to the time for wearing shorts. At least it is if you’re also wearing thigh boots. Fun outing. :winkiss:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very nice video Thighbootguy :-) and thank you for sharing

Too bad I don't understand the comments they were saying about their boots but they seems to like them.

The few words I was able to hear are "Jeans", "Perfect" and "Gucci". Very nice boots and very nice girls too !

I would not mind learning from them a few German words... :winkiss:

If you ever find this video translated or subtitled in French or English, you know what to do !

Some in here called for some translation. Well it's a little too much text to put it all down. The whole vid is (obviously) about two girls trying out overknee boots. The two are quite well known here but you can call them (in want for a better word) B-class stars. They are testing every thing from cheap plastic boots by a discouter (49 EUR) up to handmade Italian calf leather boots for 1500 EUR. Talking about the fit on the thigh/knee ect., pointy or round style, stretch or not, heel height and form, combination with midi, midi or long skirts and skinny jeans. In the end they both opt for the discounter boots with the skinny jeans.

I hope this helps you a little

Today was Saturday shopping. I went shopping wearing a grey T shirt, a blue sweat band, blue denim shorts with a leather lace up each side, grey hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The boots have a lace on the back from the knee to the top that works well with the lace on the shorts. This outfit was about showing off the boots. The temperature was in the mid 70sF and the contrast in temperature of cool hose and warm boots felt great. The first stop was Sam’s where I stopped for gas and pumped it, then, headed for the store. Walking in felt very natural and didn’t seem to turn too many heads. All the clerks that saw me waved and said Hi, even the ones that were doing their own shopping. I wandered around and got my stuff. At the checkout I told the clerk, who I knew, that wearing these boots with sorts was all about showing off the boots. She laughed and we bid each other a good day. In the parking lot I overheard a little girl asking her Mom, “Is that a girl?” I gave the kid a nice smile and kept going. I don’t think her Mom said a word. Next I stopped at the near by Goodwill. The clerks there are starting to recognize me and they also waved and said Hi. Becoming a regular in a store is a good thing. I shopped around for a while and bought some stuff and headed back out to my car. I dove across town to my favorite thrift emporium, parked and walked in. Again I wandered around and spoke with a few folks. I found some hose that looked like it would be big enough. The last stop was Hanover Fabrics. My thigh boots are sporting a 4” extension that almost makes them crotch boots except they slide down to thigh boots height. I bought some elastic band I’m going to install just below the knee to keep the boots all the way up. I’ve made this modification to several other pairs of thigh boots and it works like a dream. All in all a great first outing in shorts of the season. :winkiss:

Today was a museum day. I haven’t been to the art museum for a long time and really have missed it. I went over wearing a gray T-shirt , blue denim shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

According to JeffB I have been doing some outrageous things lately (Boots and skirts in public in the General fashion section) but this outing felt really comfortable. The boots really do feel like just another pair of shoes, considering the temperature was in the low 80sF, they wear a warm pair, but other than that, nothing special.

I parked on the street way down the hill from the museum and climbed a set of stone steps and a path up to the museum. The heels made that walk interesting.

In the museum I spent an hour wandering around and sketching and having a great time. The boots and shorts felt great.

When I finished I had to walk down the path and the steps to get to my car. The heels made that more interesting then going up the.

On the way home I stopped at my favorite thrift emporium and as I walked in there was a group of high school skate boarders one of whom lost it yelling, “LOOK” at the rest of the group. I ignored them.

All in all a nice outing.

NH Heels - thanks for the kind words.

I went shopping at Sam’s today wearing a gray T-shirt, denim shorts with a 1” inseam, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This outfit is all about wearing boots, but the whole thing does work together nicely. I got a few turned heads but other than that, shopping was uneventful. I stopped for gas (self service) and as I was finishing, an older black gentleman at the next pump asked me for help. He had never used the self service pump before. I showed him how to run the transaction and he thanked me (and not a mention of my boots). Next I went to a Kroger’s (grocery) that I had never been in before. I did notice people peering around the end of the isle to get a look and there were several outbreaks of gayety that I may have contributed to. In the register line the lady behind me said, “Looks like I’m following you.” (I had seen her at Sam’s.) I replied, “Well, I guess these are kind of hard to miss.” And we both laughed. Tonight I went to a different Kroger’s, still wearing my shorts and boots. There were a few turned heads and some nice smiles. Another fun day out and about. :winkiss:

I have started riding my bicycle (27" touring) again after a 7 year hiatus and, although it is good for me, my old body is letting me know I haven’t done this for a while. I find it more comfortable to ride in cooler weather (60-75F) so I wear leggings or pants rather than biker shorts. With pants, you have to have some way of keeping the pant cuff from getting caught in the front sprocket; my solution is knee high boots!

I have been riding three times now wearing either black leggings of pants, a black long sleeved top under a gray T-shirt, black knee high boots with a 2” slim heel and a helmet. My rides have been early morning and around noon.

The outfit is very comfortable for riding, and with the exception of the boots, it is close to what the other riders are wearing. No one seems to notice the boots (black on black so there is no contrast). I even peddled through a crowd going to a concert at the band shell in the park.

This old video shows the area where I was riding, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQIpfZbfUEE'> Thighbootguy Takes a Walk in the Park

Just for grins, I did go for a mile wearing my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There was hardly any one around so there were no reactions. I was concerned that the heel would be too long and touch the ground when my foot was at the bottom of the stroke but there was still several inches of clearance. As hard as my legs are working when I’m ridding (generating a lot of heat), thigh boots may not the best choice for ridding, but it was fun.

I was just thinking back at least 15 years ago when I was ridding a lot and I remembered that I used to ride very early (before the sun was up) wearing black leggings and black leather over the knee boots with 3” stiletto heels. It was way to dark for anyone to notice what I was wearing. Back then hills were not a problem (as they are now) so I wasn’t as concerned about what I could do while I was ridding. Today, at least until I get back into shape, I’m a little more cautious about where I ride.

Crotchboots-M – The guy at the gas pump was an older gentleman and the pump at Sam’s operates a little differently than normal self service pumps so I think the problem was the pump not my boots. He really didn’t seem phased by my footwear and was really glad for the help.

I just got back from a fourth biking in boots outing. It was cool (53F) and lightly raining so I had the park to myself. I wore the black leggings with the black knee high boots. Each time I go out I add a couple of miles to my route so it won’t be too long until I’m back to normal ridding. (Please note the great leap of optimism in that last statement.) Since I almost had the park to myself, I tried my thigh boots again and went for about a mile. Although I love wearing them, they just aren’t practical for pedaling a bike. I switch back to the knee highs and did a couple more miles. I like to ride around 15-20 MPH which isn’t too bad for a casual rider. A serious rider would pass me even if they were ridding their stationary exercise bike but the pace makes me work to keep it up. I decided to try a serious hill so I dumped the bile into its lowest gear and headed up. About half way up, it became time to walk and I realized how hard I had been pushing myself. I got off the bike and was staggering around trying to walk up the hill, and it had nothing to do with the fact I was wearing heels either. My legs were so fatigued that stopping and just standing for a minute or two seemed like a good idea. I love ridding but the boots make it even more fun.

I went to a concert last night with several hundred people in attendance. It was a great guitar show and I had a blast wearing my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I wore them over jeans with a dark blue turtleneck and a black blazer.

There were several folks that gave a second glance but nothing more than that. The concert organizer recognized me (or at least my boots) from previous concerts and offered me a warm greeting.

If there are any guitar nuts within several hundred miles of Cincinnati, O., I strongly recommend the upcoming concert with Tommy Emmanuel, Sept 4 and 5, 2009.

Greater Cincinnati Performing Arts Society

I’ve just gotten home from one of the most extraordinary evenings on my entire life! I went to a guitar workshop put on by Muriel Anderson who is one of the best finger picking style guitarists in the world. There wee fewer than a dozen of us at the workshop and I managed to get the front row center seat. She conducted the workshop sitting three feet in front of me. I actually had to change to my computer glasses to see clearly, my distance glasses just didn’t work that close.

After the workshop she put on a concert and just blew the audience away.

I’m posting this here because I wore a dark blue turtleneck, jeans, and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I got to the workshop about 15 minutes before they were ready to start and wound up standing outside chatting with some of the other guitarist. After we went in to the hall, I grabbed the best seat (there really weren’t any bad ones).

When Muriel came out the she moved her chair off the performance platform and down to the floor right in front of me and said with this small a crowd we could be very informal. The next thing she said was, “I really like your boots!”

I managed a, “Thank you.”

“I wasn’t expecting the creek to rise that much,” (joking about the height of my boots) and got a good natured chuckle from me and the folks around me.

As the evening went on, I managed to talk to most of the other folks at the concert, including the promoters, who recognized me from the Sunday night concert, and I encouraged them to have Muriel back again (as did everyone else).

I’m still numb from the experience of the workshop and concert and that has nothing to do with boots or heels. I was very comfortable wearing my boots and the crowd didn’t seem uncomfortable being around a guy who was wearing them either.

This really was one of the most memorable evenings of my life.

Muriel’s Web Site

I'm glad you had a great time. Not only is she a looker but she has the "nice person" look as well. I'd be more than happy to receive a compliment about my boots from her, as I'm sure many guys would. Those guitars of hers are "sick"!

Maxinilian –

Muriel really does come across as a sincerely “nice person”. Her direct interaction with our small group and the way she handles a large audience wouldn’t work if there was any projection of “being a phony”.

I am still flying high after the workshop, and the boots have nothing to do with that feeling. I was astounded with what she was able to do with a guitar and I’m still fighting the urge to turn mine into firewood.

The guitars she is displaying on her site are custom built instruments. The classical 6 string has rosewood sides and a very thin top so it sounds like an aged guitar even though it is relatively new. The large instrument is a harp guitar which is a classical 6 string with 7 additional base strings. The one she plays is a “practice size” instrument because, as she said about the full sized one, “It was too heavy for me to play.”

What a nice evening and concert you got ! The sound must be amazing being so close to her (I envy you...) I agree with you: It will be a memorable event ! It would be my dream to go to a similar concert to hear a 12 stings classical guitar player...Wow !

Just a quick note on a couple of recent outing.

Friday was my normal shopping after work. I stopped at Pets and Such, Walgreen’s and Sam’s wearing a short sleeved knit shirt, jeans, and black leather crotch high boots with 5” stilettos.

I have been to all three stores many times and all three were non events. I was just another customer spending money. The staff in all three recognized me and greeted me warmly. There were even a few off duty staffers at Sam’s that were doing their own shopping, that went out of their way to say Hi.

Saturday, I went out on my bicycle wearing black leggings, a gray T-shirt a 14” skirt and black knee high boots with 2” slim heels. The boots keep my leggings out of the chain. My legs were telling me today was not the day so after 4 miles I headed back home.

Sunday I went to Lunkin Play field that has a bike path around Lunken airport. This as about a 7 mile path and I took it twice. I was wearing the same outfit with the addition of a black long sleeved top under the T-shirt. Most folks didn’t seem bothered about a biker wearing boots, the skirt almost looks like a pair of shorts. I did pass one family and one of the kids (12-14) let out with a “What the”, and cut it short either because he was a good kid of because his mother and father were standing right beside him.

After 14 miles my legs were tired and I was walking a little funny (nothing to do with the heels) but I changed into my tall boots with the 5” stilettos and drove to my favorite thrift emporium. I wandered through wearing the skirt and boots and found some hose for 90¢. Two young guys walked passed me and one of them noticed what I was wearing (no telling where is buddy’s head was) and he pulled on his buddy’s sleeve to get him to look at me. I gave them a smile (with a bit of a smirk under it).

The warmth of the tall leather boots felt good on my tired legs.

I’m gonna have to put a lot more miles on that bike it get back in shape again. Boots and a skirt might make it more fun.

danielp6406 –

The instrument is a harp guitar with 13 strings (6 classical nylon string guitar + 7 additional base strings) rather than a 12 string classical. I have never seen that configuration except in a steel string guitar. There is a picture of the instrument on Muriel Andersons web site.

I went ridding at Lunken again this morning. Another 14 miles and I’m starting to feel the effects… I don’t hurt as much. I was still walking funny when I got off the bike. Today I wore a grey hose (completely hidden but warm), a grey T-shirt over a black long sleeved top, black leggings, a longer (lower thigh) denim skirt, and black leather over the knee boots with flat heels. The temperature was in the upper 60sF and a light rain was falling. I thought I’d have the trail to myself, but that was not the case. There were lots of other folks walking and jogging. No one seemed concerned about a guy in boots. After the ride I took off the leggings and pulled on my tall boots with 5” stilettos and stopped by my favorite thrift emporium. I wandered around and the place was packed with customers many of whom did a double take. As I was heading to the register area I overheard a gal in one line comment, “Those boots are hot…I want a pair.” There was considerable giggling a chuckling after that so I got into the same line. When I got to the cashier I said, “I agree with your earlier customer, I think the boots are hot to.” “Oh, you heard her…I didn’t even see your boots.” So I stepped back from the counter so she could see them. “Those are nice.” “Thank you…their fun that’s why I wear them.” “I’ll bet they are.” We completed the transaction and she invited me back to the store and we bid each other a good day. :winkiss:

• 3 weeks later...

I’m on vacation again this week and I’ve got to learn how to plan a vacation because I obviously don’t know how to do it. I managed to schedule a root canal dental procedure for today. At least it provided an opportunity to go out. I went to the dentist wearing a black long sleeved V neck top, jeans, and blue knee high boots with 2” block heels under the jeans. I’ve worn boots to the dentist before and neither he not his assistant has ever mentioned it. On the way home, I changed the jeans for an off white mid thigh skort and the blue boots for black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos and grey hose. I stopped at WallGreen’s pharmacy, two Goodwills and Sam’s. This outfit seemed to attract more attention than I normally get. I suspect it was the contrast of the off white skort and the black boots and top. WallGreen’s and the first Goodwill were a non events. In the second Goodwill I noticed a lady just staring at me so I nodded and went on my way. I’m not sure she has been dealt a full deck because a few moments later she called to me from across the store,”Hey Mister, can I take your picture?” She walked over and I stopped so she could take her picture then she said, “Ah, my cell phone battery is dead.” I shrugged and walked away. She left the store a few seconds before I did and when I walked out she was saying to another lady, who was going into the store, “Oh you can’t miss him.” She shut up as soon as she saw me and I walked on to my car. In Sam’s I just seemed to be the object of more attention than I am used to getting. I saw my reflection a couple of times and the long sleeved black top, off white short and tall black boots did look a little out of balance. The outfit needed a jacket or something to break the stark contrast. The temperature was in the low 80s F. so the jacket was out of the question. Next time I’ll try either shorts or a short denim skirt. Oh well, the outing was still as fun as a root canal can be. ;)

ive worn my black leather high heel crotch boots with total black fetish leather to the dentist several times.

Has he ever asked you why you are wearing a wet suit whenever you come to his office? ;);):penitent::lmao::penitent:

(little humor, there :lmao: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

no problem,bubba. ive had a few people ask similar questions when i go swimming dressed like that,though. one kid asked me if my gear was waterproof. one lady asked me if the leather etc was ruined by getting them wet. i told her that proper drying was the key(i use a peets boot dryer for the boots).

Like I said, I gotta learn how to take a vacation. I had another go-around with the dentist and I wore basically the same outfit; jeans, black V-neck long sleeved top, blue leather boots with 2”block heels under my jeans. I thought about wearing my thigh boots with 4” stilettos but discretion won out (sorry crotchboots-m). After the dentist I went shopping for a lawn mower (my previous mower having recently been stolen). I changed the blue boots for my thigh boots with 4” stilettos over my jeans and stopped in a Home Depot where I was ignored. I am not used to that reaction but the greeter at the door ignored me, the sales folks in the mower area ignored me even though I was looking at every more on display (as in lifting them up to look under the deck). I found a more that would suit my needs and looked around for someone and finding no one, I walked out of the store. The next stop was Lowe’s where I got much the same treatment but I didn’t see anything I wanted. The last stop was a different Home Depot. When I got out of the car there was an employee in the parking lot (who could have had a part in Deliverance) who gave me as close to a mean stare as I have ever gotten. In the store, the clerks didn’t go out of their way to ignore me, there just weren’t any around. Anyway, I found a rebuilt mower I wanted but there was no price and the accessories were not with the mower so I went to find a clerk. She was very nice and got the price and called someone from the department to get the accessories. He got there and found the stuff and promptly left and a third clerk finally rang up the sale. In the parking lot a complete stranger offered to kelp me get the mower into my car. I don’t know what the problem was today. Normally my boots don’t cause a problem but it might have been the V-neck top, it is long sleeved, solid black and a stretch fabric so it does looks a bit fem. After I got home I needed to use the mower. It was too hot to work in boots (low 80sF with higher humidity) so I cut one yard wearing shorts and the same top, and the other yard wearing a 14” denim skirt with the same top. The skirt wins for comfort. ;)

Finally a decent vacation day. I don’t have a dentist appointment and the temperature is in the 70sF with low humidity! I pulled on a black long sleeved V neck top, blue denim shorts and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos and headed out the door. The first stop was K- Mart for a bike inner tube. I haven’t been in that store for years. No one seemed bothered by my appearance, curious but not bothered. Next I headed for my favorite thrift emporium. As I was walking across the parking lot I got a couple of whistles from three older ladies ( I was just as surprised by the whistles as they were bu the boots). I just smiled, shook my head and kept walking. In the store I found a pair of brown leather Naturalizer boots size 11 for $3. I headed back home and loaded my bike onto my car (with the newly installed inner tube) and headed for the Loveland bike trail. I stopped in the bike shop in Milford Ohio to pick up a spare tire tube. I had been in there a week before with my boots on so they didn’t seem too surprised. When I get out of the car in the trail’s parking lot I do get a couple of looks. Bikers and joggers do wear all sorts of different stuff but none of them wear thigh boots with heels. There was a couple in the lot and the lady said this was their first tome on this bike trail and ask me for recommendations and what the trail was like. We chatted for a minute and I headed out on the trail. I went 10 miles out and turned around to head back and met the couple from the parking lot. Three miles later I ran over a piece of glass and the front tire went almost flat. It was then that I discovered my tire pump was not working so I road seven mile on an almost flat tire. I road on the flat tire because that was easier than walking seven miles in 4” heels (easier on me and the boots). I stopped in the bike shop again and had them fix the tire. This is a busy shop and bikers were going in and out all the time I was there. I got a couple of glances. The last stop was at a United Dairy Farmer for giant milk shake. Great outing if you only count the fact that I was wearing boots the whole time. ;)