Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

The temperature warmed up to 35F and I had to go out again so I changed the leather slacks to jeans and left the leather opera gloves home. I headed out again and really felt comfortable wearing jeans and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I had to go back to Hanckock fabrics to make an exchange. I parked in the shopping center and walked to the store. In the store, I had a different clerk and she treated me like a long lost customer. She seemed to go out of her way to be friendly and helpful. I went to the other end of the mall and stopped in Payless just because it was there. When I walked in I said Hi to the register clerk and walked over to the women’s 12 section. A few seconds later, a different clerk came over and asked if I needed any help. Before I had a chance to say no, the manager came over offered to help me. There I was, standing there in thigh boots with 4” heels and having two attractive ladies offering to help me. The manager laughed and said, “Looks like we’re ganging up on you.” She then offered to call other stores if I saw something I liked. We chatted about shoes for a minute before I left. As I was walking back to the car a couple of knuckle draggers walked by me with an, “OMG” and then a bit of laughter. I ignored them and headed back home. I’m still amazed at how comfortable I feel wearing thigh boots and jeans out in public. :thumbsup:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG:-) I know what you mean about the cold weather. When I went to work on Friday the temperature was a -21 degrees wind chill. Even though I was dressed warmly, heels or not, it was very cold along the river at the Science Center. I was very glad to get into a warm building for the day. Cudos on your outing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I was working from home Friday and took the opportunity to run down to the post office. I was wearing jeans, a black leather jacket, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I parked in front of the post office and didn’t even think twice about getting out of the car and walking in. The place was empty so there was no reaction. I walked back out to the car and headed across town to my cobbler’s shop to see if my boots were ready. I parked way down the street and, again, didn’t think twice about getting out of the car. The boots weren’t ready so I’ll be heading back down today. The last stop was at a car dealership. I walked in and asked for the parts department. I got a quick glance at my footwear but that was it (again, the advantage of being a customer). These boots are just another pair of shoes. ;-)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just a short update. I took two trips to the Art Museum over the weekend. Both times I wore jeans, a black turtleneck, black leather jacket and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The boots are thigh boots but on me they are a generous OTK boot. On the way over, I stopped at my cobbler to pick up a pair of boots and asked him what he thought of the outfit. He was a little perplexed but pointed to my jacket then boots and said, ”There’s leather and leather… looks good. Your obviously wearing women’s boots, but if your Ok with that, it’s cool”. At the Museum on Saturday, there were at least 20 folks with easels set up and they were having a grand time painting. On Sunday, there were more folks coming through my favorite gallery than I had ever seen before and I wound up playing the part of “tour guide to my favorite paintings”. None of the folks I talked to seemed to care that I was wearing heeled thigh boots. We just had a good time with the art. Today I worked form home because we had a bunch of snow dumped on us and I think the city of Cincinnati lost the wind up key to its snowplow. The Cincinnati streets were an impassable mess. When the snow stopped and before the freezing rain started I went to Sam’s to be sure the cupboard was stocked. There was almost no one in the store. There were three clerks at the registers and one called out to me, “You wore those boots in this weather?” “Yep, they are warm.” “I’d break my neck in them.” “Actually I had them resoled and they don’t slide at all.” “Show me” and I walked over to her register and grabbed a heel to show her the ribbed sole. We bid wash other a good afternoon and I went to the Pet food store where the gal at the register took notice of my boots. I commented, “There warm.” “I can’t walk in them… I just bumble around in flats.” The Museum was fun but I do need to wear something more practical when there is ice on the ground. ;-)

TBG:-) Lost the wind-up key? Thats rich. TEE!HEE! Cudos to you for being able to walk in an ice storm in heeled boots. We had the same ice storm here and I had great trouble walking from the parking lot to the Science Center on the ice without falling. And that was in sneakers with tractor treads. But, then again, I don't walk too good anyway right now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I’ve been attending a class away from work which affords me the opportunity to go out for lunch/dinner in boots. Monday, I went to a Steak and Shake for lunch wearing my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. A couple of staff eyebrows raised when I walked in and I think every waitress in the place stopped by my table to ask me how my lunch was. After class I was in a bit of a hurry so I stopped in a LaRossa’s (local chain) pizza parlor and ordered a carry out. I sat in the waiting area for 20 min. while they prepared my order and no one said a thing or even seemed to notice the guy wearing thigh boots. Tuesday, I was rushed at lunch so I just tucked my jeans into my blue leather knee high boots with a 2” block heel (which I wear in class under my jeans) and went to a Red Robin Gourmet Burger place. I had a good lunch and as far as I could tell only one waitress bothered to glance twice. Not changing boots was a mistake. When I walked in there was a gal in line with black knee high boots with, at least, 4” stilettos. It would have been fun to see her reaction. After lunch we started getting more snow dumped on us so the lower block heel was a little safer. The snow made driving bad enough after class that I was glad to just make it home in one piece without stopping for dinner.

Wednesday is the last day of class. I have been wearing jeans and blue knee high boots to class under my jeans. No one seems to be bothered by what I’m wearing. At lunch today I pulled on my thigh boots with 5” stilettos and went back to the Steak and Shake. Today they were a little short handed so no one made any extra trips to my table. Lunch was uneventful. After class I stopped at a Sam’s I rarely frequent and did a little shopping. Again, absolutely uneventful. After Sam’s I went to a Bigg’s and went looking for some stuff and I wasn’t using a shopping cart so I was just a guy in boots wandering around the store. I asked a clerk where something was and she made a goo guess and got me close. A lady gave me a glance and a smile and I said, “there fun” and kept on going. In the line at the register the same clerk that helped me was running the register and she called back to me to ask if I had found my item. The other folks in line seemed surprised that she was talking to the guy in boots. I finished the evening by stopping at Larossa’s again and ordering another carry out pizza which meant I was sitting in the lobby for 20 min. while it was prepared. I finally asked the gal at the counter how my boots looked. She said they looked good and offered that they were probably warm. I told her they were and very comfortable. Oh well, back to the grind of going to work but I can wear knee highs there. It’s been a fun couple of days. ;-)

TBG: Excellent outings, as usual, my friend! You continue to inspire me with your adventures! keep up the great work!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It’s Friday so that’s jeans at work which leads to shopping on the way home wearing my black leather jacket, extra high black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos over my jeans. I stopped for gas, went to Sam’s, Walgreen’s, and the Cork&Bottle (local liquor store). The whole outing was uneventful. I chatted with folks and took my time shopping. Hardly anyone even gave a second glance. Part of the non-reaction may be due to the fact that this out is very low contrast. The black boots cover most of my legs and do not contrast the dark blue denim so unless you notice the heel, nothing stands out. Another part of the non-reaction is that I’m wearing these boots just as anyone else would wear their favorite shoes. I am not acting as if the boots are any big deal and folks seem to pick up on that. Anyway, it was just another outing in comfy boots. JeffB, DawnHH - thanks for the kind words. ;-)

Part of the non-reaction may be due to the fact that this out is very low contrast. The black boots cover most of my legs and do not contrast the dark blue denim so unless you notice the heel, nothing stands out. Another part of the non-reaction is that I’m wearing these boots just as anyone else would wear their favorite shoes. I am not acting as if the boots are any big deal and folks seem to pick up on that.

And that's the most important part of the equation, acting perfectly natural, like the wearing of thigh boots is a perfectly normal activity. If you don't consider it a big deal, then neither will the people around you. It can't get any simpler than that.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) For TBG, his outings in thigh boots is nothing unusual and quite normal for him to do and if he would show up in anything different, people would ask him why, and maybe not recognize him at first. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 3 weeks later...

Today was a Saturday shopping outing. I was wearing jeans, black leather jacket, white shirt, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

The first stop was the cobbler. I have a pair of blue leather knee high boots that I have been wearing with jeans to work on Fridays. It was finally time to have them resoled and new heel plates installed. While I was there I asked if he could replace a heel tip for me while I was there? He said he could so I sat down and took off one of my boots. He said, “They come as a pair so we might as well do both of them.” So I took off the other boot and gave them to him. He vanished into the back and another customer came in. He came back out and waited on her then went back into the work area. About the time he finished my boots another customer came in so the cobbler came back out with my boots and handed them to me then waited on the customer. I just sat down and proceeded to put my boots back on and the customer didn’t raise an eyebrow or give any reaction at all.

These boots are an extra tall pair of boots with an ankle zipper. Putting them on goes something like this:

• Unzip both ankles
  • Put one boot on but keep the whole shaft below my knee
  • Put the other boot on the same way
  • Adjust both pant cuffs so they are on place within the zipper opening
  • Reach in with one heel and hold the cuff in place while pulling the lower part of the boot up past my knee
  • Do the same thing with the other heel and boot
  • Zip the zippers
  • Pull the top of the boots up to their full height

Both the cobbler and the customer reacted like "of course, that’s how you do that".

Next I went down the block and across the street to visit a time honored bastion of manliness. I went into a hardware store. There was a clerk who had never seen me before and as he was waiting on me he never took his eyes off my boots. I didn’t even hint that I was wearing something out of the ordinary but I did enjoy watching him broaden his horizons. The manager, who had several times seen me before, greeted me like a loyal customer.

I went from there to my favorite thrift emporium and just wander through without getting more than a couple pair of hose.

I then headed to Sam’s for the weekly grocery shop.

After I got back home I changed my mind about the item I had bought at the hardware store so I went back to exchange it for the better model. Although the same clerk was there, he didn’t stare at me this time. I was just a good customer making an exchange. (I told you I had broadened his horizons.)

While I was out, I went back to the thrift emporium because I had seen a pair of lamb leather pants for $8 on my last visit and decided to get them even if they were a little too small. If a little stitching doesn’t make them wearable at least I have a lot of leather to make into something else.

While I was there I did get three “Those are nice boots” complements. Interestingly, each complement came from an older black lady. As I was leaving I saw two young ladies wearing boots. One was wearing a pair of leather over the knee boots with a flat heel the other was wearing a pair of leather knee high boots with a 2” block heel. As I walked by them I said, “Gorgeous boots." They thanked me but I don’t think they realized what I was wearing until I was well past them and out of the store.

All in all a fun outing.

;-)

:grin: I'm curious to see what sort of boots people on this thread are wearing in the streeet... I think I'm like the children: I like pics ;-) In public, I wear 2/2.5" heel boots... :w00t2:

Posted a few pics in our "galleries" album, "iloveboots",

david & cathy

Great pics! :w00t2:

Since Spring's finally back around the corner, I'm going to start wearing my own heels out again. I wanted to street-heel this winter, but I was more concerned about keeping warm than challenging fashion stereotypes.

;-)

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I found an interesting video about two German female reporters trying various styles of boots, including thigh boots. ;-)

Unfortunately, I don't speak German but from what I can pick out of the conversations, it sounds like they had a lot of fun with their assignment. Regardless, there are some great images in the video.

I found an interesting video about two German female reporters trying various styles of boots, including thigh boots. ;-)

Very nice video Thighbootguy :-) and thank you for sharing

Too bad I don't understand the comments they were saying about their boots but they seems to like them.

The few words I was able to hear are "Jeans", "Perfect" and "Gucci". Very nice boots and very nice girls too !

I would not mind learning from them a few German words... :w00t2:

If you ever find this video translated or subtitled in French or English, you know what to do !

Unfortunately, I don't speak German but from what I can pick out of the conversations, it sounds like they had a lot of fun with their assignment. Regardless, there are some great images in the video.

We should watch this clip over and over again to increase the number of hits for this video and give it more exposure. Great video, thanks Thighbootguy.

Over the weekend I went out shopping wearing jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. First stop was my cobbler to pick up a pair of knee high boots I was having resoled and reheeled. I found out that he is going out of business after 40 years. I guess all my heel tips were not enough to keep him going. Second was the pet food store which was uneventful and third was Sam’s which was also uneventful. My last stop was at a Goodwill where an older black lady commented, “Nice boots”. I thanked her and continued browsing around. A young man (16) was with his parents and judging from his reaction, had never seen a pair of thigh boots before but definitely not on a guy. The reaction was a chin dropped stare that went from my head to toe. The idea that he couldn’t believe his eyes occurred to me. I didn’t say a word and just continued shopping. I found a couple of classical CDs so the trip wasn’t for naught. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had found a pair of “lamb leather pants for $8 “. I let the waist out a bit and found then to fit nicely. The leg is a boot cut style and I thought I would try them out this afternoon. I wore them with a turtleneck and black knee high boots with a 3” block heel worn under the pants. I stopped in Sam’s to pick up a few things and no one even seemed to notice. I will admit to having a weakness for leather but wearing them felt great. Thanks for the kind words about the video I found. :winkiss:

I found out that he is going out of business after 40 years. I guess all my heel tips were not enough to keep him going.

Two things that result of bad economic times. One is that people repair their automobiles and keep them going longer because it's less expensive than purchasing a new one. Another sign of a bad economy is that people tend to have their old shoes repaired so they don't have to spend what little money they have to purchase a new pair.

If you have an opportunity perhaps you can revisit him and encourage him to wait a couple of more months before he shutters his doors. Business is bound to improve the way things look.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.