Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Thanks for the details bootedup :-) You were lucky the officer let you go with your 15 mph overspeed ! BTW, you are still using mph unit for speed in the UK ? I was sure you were using the metric system... When you buy gasoline, is it liters or gallons ? Distances are in miles or kilometers ? Happy (and safe) heeling !

When you buy gasoline, is it liters or gallons ? Distances are in miles or kilometers

In the UK petrol and diesel are sold in litres (not liters:smile:). Distances always in miles, speeds always in miles per hour. Fuel consumption usually quoted in miles per gallon. If you want real confusion go to Ireland. Although they have officially changed over to kilometres there are plenty of distances on road signs still given in miles. And don't some of those leprechauns wear thighboots?

I did my normal Friday shopping at PetsMart and Sam’s wearing a heavy black T-Shirt, a 17” denim skort and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The reason this was unusual is that the temperature was in the upper 80s F which would have normally (in Cincinnati) made wearing those boots impossible but the humidity was low enough that although being warm the boots felt great. In Cincinnati, the humidity normally tracks the temperature which can be miserable.

In PetsMart, where the clerks know me very well and always seem glad to se me come in, I asked the register clerk (young lady) if the skirt was too much.

She replied with a wave of her hand, “Nah, don’t pay any attention to what others think.”

“I don’t or I would have gone nuts a long time ago, but I was wondering how it looked.”

“It looks fine. I just don’t see how you walk in those heels. You were when it was snowing wearing them and I was having trouble just walking at all on the ice. I just can’t wear heels at all.”

At the other register the young male clerk was nodding in agreement. We all bid each other a good day and I headed for Sam’s.

Sam’s was a non event. I was in a bit of a hurry but I did notice that I had almost forgotten I was wearing a skort. The boots are a little hard to not be aware of but the skort was so comfortable I wasn’t paying any attention to it.

I’m finding that wearing a skirt or a skort requires the same mental adjustment that wearing thigh boots had taken. You have to be able to see yourself wearing something, and be comfortable with that image. It has to feel natural. Getting past our own mental roadblocks of, guy in heels, or guy in boots, or guy in a skirt, that society had worked so hard to implant in our heads, can be a real challenge. I’ve gotten past the boots and heels roadblocks and am just about past the skirt roadblock even though I’ve been wearing skirts and skorts for months. You really do have to be mentally comfortable with what you choose to wear in public.

I think once I really get past this last roadblock I won’t feel the need to ask anyone, “Is this skirt too much?” I won’t have to look for positive reinforcement about what I have chosen to wear.

What a remarkable journey.

;)

-bootedup

I wear my 5” heels while driving all the time but have never been stopped by the constabulary. The http://www.hhplace.org/guys/1743-thigh_boots_public-post149978.html?highlight=tire#post149978'>times I have stopped and gotten out of the car were on the expressway and although I was way off the shoulder of the road, I was concerned about the traffic roaring by at 65+ MPH and that I might present enough of a distraction to be a hazard.

Thigh boots over jeans really is a great look. ;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I’m finding that wearing a skirt or a skort requires the same mental adjustment that wearing thigh boots had taken. You have to be able to see yourself wearing something, and be comfortable with that image. It has to feel natural. Getting past our own mental roadblocks of, guy in heels, or guy in boots, or guy in a skirt, that society had worked so hard to implant in our heads, can be a real challenge. I’ve gotten past the boots and heels roadblocks and am just about past the skirt roadblock even though I’ve been wearing skirts and skorts for months. You really do have to be mentally comfortable with what you choose to wear in public.

I couldn't agree more, my friend! You can't afford to have any sort of roadblocks when it comes to wearing clothing society deems as "non-male" like heels or skirts, otherwise, you'll drive yourself crazy from nervousness, something Stevie Wonder would be able to see as plain as day. In the relatively short time (eight months) I've been wearing skirts in public, whatever nerves I once had, thanks to those roadblocks quickly left and I've come to enjoy the experience. At the end of the day, it's just clothing, why people put such overwhelming importance when it comes to gender and clothing is beyond me, but I stopped worrying about what society thinks about our unique passion a long time ago.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

In the UK petrol and diesel are sold in litres (not liters:smile:).

Are you sure? I've never seen that word for a metric volume measurement spelled that way.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In the UK petrol and diesel are sold in litres (not liters:smile:)

Are you sure? I've never seen that word for a metric volume measurement spelled that way.

I don't want to be out of topic but it is getting more confusing here...(for my French brain)

1000 ml is one "Litre" in French and one "Liter" in English.

Is-it possible in the UK they write "Litres" and they say it as "liters" when they speak ?

(Or maybe writing it in one way or the other are both acceptable in English ?)

And if you add an extra "t" it become "litter" which is synonym to "trash".

I know my English is not perfect but am-I right ? (Please confirm: I am still learning each day...Tks !)

Though i'm not english... Liter =1000ml Liter is used maily in europe as being part of the SI which we tend to use as much as possible, and written as 'liter'. Its the same thing as in the UK, they just like to be different, and write 'litre'. Just as the whole world uses 'color', but in the UK they write 'colour'. Centre, center then there is grey and........ They are all prenounced the same.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

In the UK petrol and diesel are sold in litres (not liters:smile:).

"Liter" ist the correct spelling in German for example.

Though i'm not english...

Liter =1000ml

Liter is used maily in europe as being part of the SI which we tend to use as much as possible, and written as 'liter'. Its the same thing as in the UK, they just like to be different, and write 'litre'.

Just as the whole world uses 'color', but in the UK they write 'colour'.

Centre, center

then there is grey and........

They are all prenounced the same.

It's ok for a country to have their own spelling for different words. If they're willing to accept the consequences, that is. ;)

Take the UK for example. The sun used to never set on the British Empire. Then, along came "liters" and they chose to spell it "litres" and they lost everything. :penitent::lmao::penitent::lmao:

;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thats one of the many differences between English and American English (?). Just like tyre and tire! We could start a whole new forum on this one. Regards, Ian

I don't want to be out of topic but it is getting more confusing here...(for my French brain)

1000 ml is one "Litre" in French and one "Liter" in English.

Is-it possible in the UK they write "Litres" and they say it as "liters" when they speak ?

(Or maybe writing it in one way or the other are both acceptable in English ?)

And if you add an extra "t" it become "litter" which is synonym to "trash".

I know my English is not perfect but am-I right ? (Please confirm: I am still learning each day...Tks !)

Hi and to confuse you completely: "Liter" is the perfect german word.

Booted greetings

Joerg

Then we have to worry about Imperial gallons v. US gallons. Come on guys, lets get this thread back to thigh boot wearing. ;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes! back to important things ;) Reminds me of Dr. Shoe who wore his red latex cat suite and red high heeled thigh boots into the water in Bristol after a party one night......when he took them off, he poured a couple of gallons of water out of each of them.....can only speculate that they were imperial gallons. ;):penitent::clap::penitent::lmao::lmao::penitent: (Interested persons only have to check out the archives to read the entire posting.)

The first time I wore thigh boots (Baker’s, flat heel) bicycling was many years ago. I was on the Loveland bike trail in Loveland Ohio. I was the only person on the trail because it was raining. I figured I wasn’t going to melt and I kind of liked ridding by myself because I didn’t have all the confidence in my look back then. When I got done, and took my boots off, I poured several cups of water from each.

I’ve put up two more Thighbootguy videos that deal with boots and skirts:

Thighbootguy Makes an Omlet

And

Thighbootguy Plants Collards

Youtube has a facility that lets posters see how folks have discovered their videos. In my case almost 100% of the external access comes from hhplace.org. ;) Thanks folks.

As you can see from the titles, I really am stretching for material… any ideas are appreciated.

TBG! Man, what a shame you, JeffB and HappyFeat can't arrange to meet up somewhere. After all, you guys aren't that far apart. And, what a great picture you three would make together.

I went shopping at Sam’s and Wallgreen’s after work wearing a short sleeved black knit shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The folks at both stores know me very well and both ventures were uneventful even though I took my time in both stores.

This afternoon I was out cutting grass on a lot I own. I was wearing a black long sleeved top, black stretchy long pants and white ankle boots with 4” block heels. I was about done when one of the neighbors came over and said he had been worried about me because he hadn’t seen me for a couple of weeks. I thanked him for his concern and he headed back to his house. Not a word about my heels.

Bubba136

That would be a hoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Greatings Thighbootguy :-) and thank you for sharing this link.

I am glad to see thigh high boots will be "in" for this fall.

Wondering if I could risk the "office look" going to work :) (Just kidding, I'm not courageous enough)

My preferred one is the last model (But definitively not appropriate for the office :))

I agree with you when you say "There may be good viewing this fall"

And I noticed an error in the video.

She says "They (the thigh high boots) works for every women..."

She should have said "They (the thigh high boots) works for everyone..."

Is this discrimination ? :):smile: :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Tallguyinheels –

Sounds like a good combination to me. That kind of thigh boots did you get? (just found you post "Pleaser Seduce Black Patent 2000 and a Pleaser Domina 3000 over the knee boot in Black fake leather") I have never worn patent leather boots, let us know how it goes.

I’m 6’ without heels and 6’5” with my boots and that gives me an interesting view of the world but, with you starting at 6’5”, you will definitely stand out in a crowd. I have a low ceiling in my basement and have whacked my head a couple of times while wearing my boots.

Danielp6406 –

Cute young girl with long blond hair wearing black and black thigh boots… sigh... :)

I wish I could put on that kind of a show but, lacking the cute, young and blond parts makes it more of a challenge. But it is delightful to look at. :)

Glad to hear thighboots are back "in". But as a Texan, I would probably have to wait until well after the fall to go out in that much leather! Some years it doesn't really cool off here until well into December.:)