Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Iv'e gone out a couple of times in high heel boots and tight jeans ,and believe it or not the hardest part is just getting out of the car ,once ur out the felling is exciting and hearing the heels on the concrete is the ultimate for me ..

Sounds great, did you were the boots over your jeans or inside?

Yes dont you just love that sound :chuckle:

Thighboots have become a regular pair of shoes for me, although I still don’t wear them to work, I do manage to wear them most other places I go. I can be argued that I don’t go that many places but that is another issue.

Friday, I went shopping at Sam’s wear a black leather jacket, blue long sleeved dress shirt, a long full black leather skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The outfit looks good but I really do look better in jeans than a skirt. This is part of me learning to wear what looks better as opposed to what I enjoy wearing. Anyway, the shopping trip was a non event. A couple folks glanced, but that is to be expected. I’ve mention before that a full leather skirt is a warm garment and paired with thigh boots is suitable for cool to cold weather. The temperature was around 50F which is about my upper limit for this outfit.

After Sam’s I stopped at a nearby Goodwill and they had a couple of full length mirrors on sale so I got a real good look at this outfit while out and about. Like I said, looks good but jeans are better.

Saturday, I went biking wearing a black long sleeved Danskin top, black leather 5 pocket style pants and black leather OTK boots with a flat heel. Again the temperature was in the low 50sF so the outfit was comfortable even when working as hard as I do when riding (but I did take it easy on this ride). There were several other riders on the bike trail but no one seemed to be concerned.

Saturday night I went to a concert. I wore a black leather jacket, blue long sleeved dress shirt, very light tan suede slacks with black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Normally I wear jeans to these concerts but I wanted to show off my boots a bit more and the light tab slacks really contrast the boots and contrast gets attention. When I walked into the lobby a couple of heads turned and one guy gave me a head to toe looking over. I don’t think he approved but that was the only look of that kind I got. The tickets are “will call” so I joined the queue for my ticket and when I got my ticket the folks handing them out recognized me and greeted me warmly. I went looking for the promoter of the concert series and when I found him he shook my hand and greeted me like a long lost friend. I recommended a couple of performers he might consider for next year’s series.

I sat in an isle seat near the front of the auditorium which meant I got to walk the length of the isle with the house lights up and several folks took seats in the same row so I got to get up to let them in and out. At the intermission, I got up and walked back to the lobby for a few minutes and talked with the “sound guy” about the show then headed back to my seat.

The show was great and the audience and the performers had a good time. I headed back to the lobby with the crowd and on out to my car.

It’s been a great couple of days.

:cry1:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sunday was a Museum day. I kind of liked the idea of showing off my boots so I wore a black leather jacket, black long sleeved Danskin top, white linen slacks and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos (contrast). I had a two block walk to and from the Museum and folks did notice what I was wearing. Although I didn’t get any negative feedback, I didn’t get any positive feedback either. In the museum, the only comment I overheard was from an guy in his 80s saying to his wife, “did you see those boots?” I didn’t pick up a stool; rather I relied on the benches provided in the galleries. I sketched for a while but then spent most of the time walking around the museum. There were only two guards that I recognized, and they both greeted me warmly. Some of the other guards gave me the impression that I shouldn’t be in “their” Museum. That happens, and everyone has their own standards of what is proper, but I’m glad they take that much pride in their Museum. After a couple of hours of walking around on 5” heels my ankle started to let me know it was time to quit so I headed back to the car and home to follow JeffB’s example and watch some football. I’m still fighting to find a balance between what looks good and what I enjoy wearing. I freely admit that I do not have an eye for fashion and some would suggest that I don’t have an eye for what looks good either but I have learned from others examples and discussions (both good and bad) and I thank all for sharing them. :cry1:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I’m still fighting to find a balance between what looks good and what I enjoy wearing. I freely admit that I do not have an eye for fashion and some would suggest that I don’t have an eye for what looks good either but I have learned from others examples and discussions (both good and bad) and I thank all for sharing them.

Thanks for the report on your outside activities. I always enjoy reading of your visits to various places that have come to recognize and accept you as you are. While I don't believe there is anything wrong with the way you look, I know that there are times that you would like to dress a bit differently just to satisfy your own desire.

As to what to mix and match with various outfits, I think there is a limit to what goes well with what. There are only so many skirts, blouses, etc., that can be mixed with items of male apparel and when that limit is met, some other accessories have to be added to accent, de-emphasize, or change your appearance. You know, like a belt, scarf, vest, etc., that shifts emphasis from the top to the bottom, etc.

HappyFeat does an outstanding job putting together outfits as does JeffB. However, I don't believe you are trying to duplicate or achieve the look they manage. Each of you has your unique individual style. Kneehighs has some mix and match techniques that you might be interested in trying. Perhaps they even can offer some suggestions that would allow you to change your look just enough so that you can "look" the way you wish to without appearing the "same" as always.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I’m still fighting to find a balance between what looks good and what I enjoy wearing. I freely admit that I do not have an eye for fashion and some would suggest that I don’t have an eye for what looks good either but I have learned from others examples and discussions (both good and bad) and I thank all for sharing them.

This is just me yakking, TBG, but there's no reason you can't combine wearing what looks good AND what you enjoy. Developing your own sense of style can be a tricky process, but it's not an impossible task. Simply watch what other women are wearing, scan some fashion magazines or department store websites to get ideas as to what you like and think would look good on you. As with everything, it's all about trial and error, and, most of all, practice, practice and even more practice. I'll be the first to admit I'm no fashion maven, but I experiment constantly to see what looks best on me and makes me feel good while wearing. As I've said on this forum incessantly, if you're going to wear women's items, be it just shoes, or heels and skirts like I do full time on my outings, it's IMPORTANT to look nothing less than your very best. In any event, I like to think I'm living proof that you CAN find that balance you spoke about and develop your own style.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

It is Friday and I haven’t been out for a while so I left work a few minutes early and went shopping at Sam’s. At work I had been wearing a long sleeved blue turtleneck, jeans, and blue leather knee high boots with a 2” heel under my jeans so I changes the jeans for a short leather skirt and the boots for my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The temperature was around 33F (1C) so I was aware I was wearing a short skirt but with the tall boots, I was not cold, and I was also wearing a black leather jacket that is a little shorter than my regular one so more of the skirt was showing. I’ve worn similar outfits before and not attracted too much attention, but maybe it was the short skirt in the cool weather but it seemed more folks noticed tonight. I noticed as I was walking in from the parking lot that several heads turned. The clerks in the store greeted me like a long lost friend and since I had some extra time I wandered about while selecting my stuff. A couple of times I notices young kids just staring at me and overheard, “Mom, did you see that man?” I didn’t hear the replies. Most of the other shoppers just went about their business but I did hear a few chuckles and assumed it was at my expense. As I approached a tall black guy he spotted an item in my cart and asked me where I had found it. I told him where it was and the expression on his face was priceless when he realized he had just talked to a guy in a skirt and boots. At the checkout the clerk and I chatted about cooking for the holidays then I headed out to the parking lot. I had a lot of stuff so it took me a few minutes to load it into the car and again folks seemed to notice even though I made an effort to not bend over very far while I was loading the car (short skirt :cry1: ). On the way home I stopped in a nearby GoodWill. They have a seasonal rack of leather clothing and I looked through for anything of interest but didn’t find anything near my size. I also saw a nice pair of 5” heels pumps on the shoe rack in a 12 and I tried them on (remember I’m wearing thigh boots) but they were too tight to be worn for more then a few minutes without great discomfort. I did find a good book on the artist Titian and headed for the registers. The clerks at this store know me and one of them always call me “Hon” and she was running the register. It was a good outing even with the extra attention. :wave:

Here is an image of yesterdays outfit.

Love the boots and a very nice outfit. But at 33F, maybe you were enjoying wearing that outfit so much, you just didn't notice the cold. I would have been cold in that outfit. Thak you again for sharing your experiences with us. You are another one here that always inspires me.

All - Thanks for the kind words and concerns but I really wasn't cold. Had there been a breese, that would have been different but the temperature contrast felt good. :cry1:

I’ve put up a new TBG video

Thighbootguy making bread wearing a leather skirt

It is a bit longer then most of my other videos (I actually waited for the dough to rise while I was shooting it). I’m wearing thigh boots and a leather skirt (same as in the pictures), then chap boots and extra long opera gloves. I think I’m using the video as a vent for the “what I like to wear” side.

By the way, the chap boots have a 5½” heel and that extra ½” makes a lot of difference when I walk in them. My thigh boots have a 5” heel and I’m very comfortable with that height. I think I could get used to the extra ½” but until I go to that effort, they feel a little awkward when I walk in them. When I got them, they had a 6” heel and I couldn’t manage it so I had a cobbler lower them a bit (and I don’t want to hear all the YOU DID WHAT comments) because I wanted to be able to wear them. The other reason I had the 6” heel lowered is that the heel really didn’t fit the shoe; it canted out past a vertical line drawn from the back of the shoe and lowering the heel moved it in line with the back of the shoe. It was lowering the heel or having to bend the shank, which is a no no.

:wave:

Sometimes the desire to wear boots and skirts is stronger than others and I seem to be on an up tick.

When wearing a short skirt with thigh boots, one thing I have never likes is having the top of the boots catch on the hem of the skirt (I don’t know why, but it bothered me.) I do really like the leather skirt I was wearing in the pictures and the video and after making that video it dawned on my, wear the short skirt with chap boots! To try the idea out, I went to Sam’s to get an item I had forgotten the other day. I was wearing the black leather skirt, leather chap boots with 5 ½” heels, the same blue turtleneck as in the pictures and the same black leather jacket. Yeah, I know, that’s a lot of black leather but it really looked good (and since it was a cool day, it felt great). I pulled the top tabs of the chap boots up through the waist of the skirt, and wrapped them around a black belt worn just at the waist of the skirt. There is a silver buckle on the belt that broke up the solid black and really looked nice.

At Sam’s one of the associates spent 5 minutes trying to sell me an upgrade on my membership. I didn’t notice her spending that much time on others. I only needed one item but I wandered through the store anyway. I even went through the electronics section to see what JeffB finds so interesting in all the electronic trinkets and bobbles. The shopping was a non event.

I then went to the nearby GoodWill and wandered through looking at the leather skirts and stuff. I found a black leather ladies sleeveless top. It’s like a vest except it dosen.t have a V-neck. It is also cut with a slight taper at the waist which really looks good on me. I took my jacket off and wore the top.

Lastly, I visited my favorite thrift emporium, wearing the black leather top. I wandered through the store but didn’t find anything interesting.

I think I’ll finish the afternoon watching the officials give another game to the Bengals.

I’ll get some pictures soon.

JeffB- I’ll not argue with an authority, but I didn’t think the outfit was worth a two thumbs way up, but thanks anyway.

I love all of your videos and I believe I have viewed all of them on You Tube. I love the chap boots. I did notice you walked a little more carefully in the 5 1/2" high heels. I also thought the leather opera gloves was a nice touch, too. Your carefree attitude toward wearing high heeled thight boots in public and on the web continues to inspire me. Thank you once again for sharing your adventures with us.

TBG:-) Very interesting and informative videos from you. I think that you were wise in lowering the heels on that pair of boots to get a more wearable appearance and for walking comfort. Thanks once again for sharing your experiences with us all.. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks again TBG. You certainly look good in the outfits you put together. While it may be beyond my confort level, it is always inspirational for me to see and read about your excursions. You just seem to have so much fun. Keep up the good work!

Again, thanks all for the kind words. Here is a version of the short black leather skirt with the chap boots and the leather top. I also stopped by a GoodWill this afternoon and found a long brown leather skirt for $4. The last thing I need is another leather skirt but… The teal top may not be the best choice but it was at hand. I know I have to work on the stomach. I now have a long skirt to wear with some of my brown knee high boots. :cry1:

post-928-133522898139_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522898141_thumb.jpg

Friday is jeans at work so that means blue knee high boots with a 2” block heel worn under the jeans along with a long sleeved dress shirt (white this week) makes up my work outfit. I have been wearing boots at work for months now and no one has said a word or seems to care. As long as I do my job, they are happy.

After work I stopped in the local GoodWill and found a black leather knee length, straight line skirt for $2 and it fits very nicely.

I went directly from the GoodWill to a

guitar workshop with John Knowles so I changed my blue knee high boots for my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos worn over my jeans and put on my black leather vest top over the white shirt. I thought the outfit looked quite good. I was at the workshop for three hours (sitting in the front row) and had a great time asking questions and listening to, and watching a great player. No one seemed to care what I was wearing and since I seemed to know what I was asking about, I was just part of the crowd. I guess most folks consider musicians (especially guitar players) to be a bit nuts so that lowers their expectations, and when the other folks are also guitar players, nobody cares at all (unless you can’t play).

Anyway I had a great time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EuFkL1hyBo'>John Knowles: Vincent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR_ybtYvzCg'>John Knowles: Sand Guitar

Somehow, I have managed to pull a muscle in my back and this one hurt enough to go to the doctor. I called and they had an appointment available in 20 minutes if I could get there that soon. So I pulled myself into the car (no fun with a hurting back) and headed to the Doctors office. I was wearing a bulky turtleneck sweater, black leather coat, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I walked into the office and checked in and hung around the waiting room for a few minutes. The nurse came out and got me, took my weight and ushered me into the exam room. The Doctor came in and I told him my tail of woe and he gave me a prescription. I was expecting a lecture about back problems and high heels but he said not a word. I asked if he had another minute and described to him that I get short of breath if I push too hard on my bike. I can go for 20 miles at 15 M.P.H but at 17 M.P.H I’m gasping for breath. He decided to see if all my parts and pieces were working well enough for that activity and had the nurse give me an E.K.G. She had me take my shirt off so she could place all the electrodes and asked me to take off my boots so she could connect electrodes to my ankles. I unzipped the ankle zippers and asked if that would do and she said it was fine and connected me up to the machine. I offered that my boots were really comfortable to wear. She said, “That heel is a little too narrow for me to wear but I do have a pair like that that I only wear to parties.” Not another word about my boots. I passed the test with flying colors and walked out through the waiting room and to my car. They really are just another pair of shoes. :cry1:

Thighbootguy, I believe that you are the only person in the world alive today that could walk into a Dr.'s office without a reaction to 5" heeled thigh high boots!!! You are truly amazing!!!!

It's all about the heel!

After returning from the doctor’s office Saturday, I spent a couple of hours on a heating pad and by back eased enough to be able to go out. I had on the bulky turtleneck sweater, leggings, a short black leather skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a black leather jacket. Ok, so loud color isn’t my thing.

My first stop was Sam’s to pick up a few items. The store was packed (tis the season) and I got a few glances and a whistle as I walked back to the car but other than that no reactions.

The nest stop was a music store for a set of guitar strings. The parking lot was packed so I got a nice walk. I caught my reflection in the glass front of the store and I thought the outfit worked well (if you like thigh boots and leather skirts). I had to wait a while in the store for a sales clerk but no one seemed to be concerned or surprised to see how I was dressed. Finally, a clerk got to me and got my strings and a tuner and we chatted about the John Knoles workshop they had held the previous night.

John Knoles was giving a concert in Oxford Ohio which is about an hours drive from my place and I wanted to attend so I called for a ticket and discovered the concert was in a home of Lisa Bailes that had built specifically for hosting performances and that attendees were encouraged/expected to bring a covered disk and beverage of choice. I knew Oxford was a University town that had a strong arts community and I suspected members of that community would be in attendance. This was going to be a very intimate setting. I decided to go wearing a blue long sleeved dress shirt, tight jeans, a black leather vest top, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I arrived about an hour before the concert with a desert offering and before most of the other guests had arrived. The host and hostess greeted me warmly and didn’t seem to miss a beat when a guy in boots with heels walked into their home. I had a pair of guy shoes with me in case they had seemed uncomfortable. As the other guests arrived I read the “Oh … Ok” expressions on many but I was just another of the guests. I chatted with many of the folks about how overwhelmed I was about the venue for this concert and what a tremendous resource it is for the community. Only one guy asked if I was a biker (he meant motorcyclist) and had I ridden to the concert. He commented, “Anyone wearing that much leather has to be a biker”. I said I wasn’t a biker and just enjoyed the look.

The concert was great. Look at the link above (and scroll down a bit); I was sitting right by the piano in the lower right of the picture on the stage (living room) where I could see and hear everything. At the intermission I chatted with the artist and the other guests. One lady offered that her daughter would “kill for my shoes” because she was into high heels. The second half of the concert was also great.

I left soon after the concert was over because I still had an hour drive and it was already (for me) very late. The hosts both invited me to come back and added me to their mailing list.

So what did I learn, other than some nice guitar stuff? My boots can be just another pair of shoes. The only uncomfortable thing about the whole evening was being 6’5” tall when most of the folks I was talking to were 6” – 12” shorter. I also probably need to temper my fondness for wearing leather garments a bit.

The day has been a fantastic day.

On going to the doctor – This was actually my fourth visit to a doctor while wearing those boots (five if you count an ER visit). I think I have posted stuff about those visits but in summary they were very similar and remarkable in that they were uneventful. :wave:

Sunday was another day in thigh boots. Around noon I headed out to Sam’s wearing a grey ribbed turtleneck, a knee length black leather skirt, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and a black leather jacket. I needed to get a few items but I took my time and wandered around. I did get my favorite register clerk and we chatted for a minute. Next I went to a Kroger’s to get a few items not carried by Sam’s. I asked the register clerk if what I was wearing looked Ok, and she said it looked nice. I then stopped at PetsMart for a case of cat food. These folks are very used to seeing me so it was a non event. Lastly I went to a nearby Goodwill and looked through the leather skirt rack. Again, a non event. Later Sunday I decided to get a new sat of tires for my car so I headed back to Sam’s but I had changed the leather skirt for tight jeans and I wore the black leather vest top rather than the jacket. While they were mounting the tires I wandered around the store without a cart and spent 30 minutes standing in front of the wide screen TV display watching the Bengals loose to a real football team (even the officials couldn’t save them this time.) There were lots of folks around and I did get a few glances but I also got a “Love your boots.” When I got back to the tire department I discovered they had mounted the wrong tires and I made them exchange them for the ones I wanted. That meant I got to wander around for another hour. After standing on a cement floor for over two hours in 5” heels, the balls of my feet were starting to get a little sore. I was actually glad to get off my feet and drive home. :cry1:

Here is another video on thigh boots in fashion. They recommend thigh boots with tight jeans, short skirts or leggings (sound familiar?). The last comment is, “and why not for men to?”

The Thigh boots section starts at 13:30 and goes through 18:15.

well I really do agree with this video thighbootguy, because like the narrator said: "they were originally for MEN-as a functional item of clothing or covering for the foot & leg" & well, why NOT for men-if men once had thighboots to wear then they can AGAIN!!!:cry1:

thighboots are available for men and have been for some time!!!!! check out the web site of west coast shoe......westcoastshoe.com------here they have for custom ordering thigh/crotch high engineers boots.....known as their Big Boss line of boots......I myself own a pair that are crotch high(34 inches tall) from the top of the heel to the top of the boot.........also see the website of hotboots.com for more pics of men wearing these boots.