Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Here is another video on thigh boots in fashion. They recommend thigh boots with tight jeans, short skirts or leggings (sound familiar?). The last comment is, “and why not for men to?”

The Thigh boots section starts at 13:30 and goes through 18:15.

I like that first black pair at 14:10, a nice straight leg shaft and slightly thicker spike heel. Very much like an 80s style, much like my boots in my avatar. If that style, shape and color were more readily available in the US, I would get a pair.

FYI, I watched the entire episode, very interesting topics.

My doctor prescribed a stress test for me which required that I wear “comfortable” clothes so I went to the hospital wearing a gray T-shirt, black leggings, and black mid-calf leather boots with a ¾” heel. I wasn’t going to walk on a treadmill in 5” stilettos. I don’t have any health problems. The doctor wanted to be sure I was healthy enough to ride my bike at my age. Anyway, after the stress test I had to have a nuclear image made of my heart. This is a two day procedure where they make one image the first day and you come back in for a second one the next day. They took the first image after the stress test and guess what I plan on wearing for the second appointment (no treadmill for the second image). I wore the same boots at work (with regular slacks and a turtleneck) and after work I stopped in Sam’s wearing the a full length straight line brown leather skirt, the same black leather boots, the black leather vest top over a long sleeved rubbed turtleneck. Even though the temperatures were in the low 30s F, the outfit was warm and comfortable. I asked a new register clerk if the brown and black worked and she hesitated then said, “I wouldn’t do that with leather.” I think she was right so I’ll have to look around for something else to wear with this long skirt. :cry1:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went back to the hospital for a second round of imaging and I was wearing a gray T-shirt (in case they had to hook me up to a monitor again), tight jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. As I walked in from the parking lot, one group of folks just watched me go by. No one said a word (that I could hear) but all eyes were on me. In the hospital, no one seemed to care. The registration folks directed me to the imaging department, the folks on the elevator all had their own problems and it was late enough that there weren’t too many people around. In the waiting area I chatted with one lady and did practice crossing my legs (see the video a few posts back). The technicians didn’t seem to care, all they wanted was to get a good image and go home. When I left, the place was almost deserted. On the way home I stopped in a DSW shoe store just to look around. There were some great boots (if you can wear a size 10) but, alas, I couldn’t find anything. The clerks and other customers didn’t even seem surprised at what I was wearing. Like I have been saying, just another pair of shoes. :cry1:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Same here, not a big fan of boots that are more like sandals. The second a boot has too many cutouts, or peep toes, it is no longer a boot in my opinion. It becomes a sandal. It defeats the purpose of making it look like a boot, since a boot should be a protective covering that covers the entire foot. Although the singer in this clip looks very sexy in them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally read the fashion publications but this caught my interest (cant imagin why).

Regardless of political persuasion, Michelle Obama has a popularity rating in the 70s. Here is an article that may give her some additional popularity on this board:

Michelle Obama orders thigh boots

I don't normally read the fashion publications but this caught my interest (cant imagin why).

Regardless of political persuasion, Michelle Obama has a popularity rating in the 70s. Here is an article that may give her some additional popularity on this board:

Michelle Obama orders thigh boots

Well, color me suitably impressed! Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It's probably no big deal for the First Lady of the US ordering boots with a flat heel. But if Michelle Obama ordered thigh high boots with a 4" heel, now that would really be a story, and turn a lot of heads!

I agree with this and I think that would only enhance her popularity with those that admire her.

I’ve been under the weather and today was the first time I’ve been out of the house for a week. I needed to do a little shopping but I really had to take it easy. I went out wearing a grey ribbed turtleneck, black leather jacket, black leather knee length skirt, black hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The temperature was about 32F (0C) but this outfit is warm to the point that I was ready to remove the coat in the stores. I left it on but unzipped and just moved at a leisurely pace. I went to Sam’s and slowly walked through the store. I still wasn’t feeling all that great and slowly was about all I was up to. I picked up my items and headed for the register and a clerk I knew. She greeted me with a big smile and I noticed she had on what looked like knee high fur boots over jeans. I complemented her on the neat boots and she said, then showed me, they were leg warmers worn over short white artic boots. I mentioned that since they were leg warmers, she could wear them a little taller and she proceeded to pull them up above the knee and said, “Yeah I like that” but then moved them back down saying, “but they are too warm for now”. Next I went to WallMart which is just down the street. I had to park at the end of the lot which, considering how I was feeling was not a good idea. I grabbed a cart in the lot and headed on to the store. In the store I got my items and then wandered through the shoe department but saw nothing of interest. I headed for the register and got into a “20 items or less” line. The girl (high school) was trying to explain to her mother that that they were in the wrong line because they didn’t have 20 items and I lost another bit of hope for the next generation. The register operator had her nails done with designs on them and I complemented her on them. It amazing how nice people react to a complement even when it comes from a guy in a skirt and high heeled boots. Both of the stops were non events but fun all the same. JeffB – A leather skirt and coat coupled with thigh boots really will keep you warm on a chilly jaunt. :cry1:

TBG ... Thank you for another wonderful posting of your outing in your high heeled thigh boots and coordinated outfit. You take care of yourself and I hope you get to feeling better. We all would miss your postings of your terrific outings. Like many others here at HHP, you inspire me toward my future outings in high heels.

... I headed for the register and got into a “20 items or less” line. The girl (high school) was trying to explain to her mother that that they were in the wrong line because they didn’t have 20 items and I lost another bit of hope for the next generation. ...

Yes indeed, and for the present generation too who should know that the correct concept is '20 items or fewer'. :cry1: (Always good for an argument if challenged with too many items in the basket - especially as the limit in the UK is more likely to be 5 or 10 items at most!)

JeffB – A leather skirt and coat coupled with thigh boots really will keep you warm on a chilly jaunt.

:cry1:

I'll definitely take your suggestion under serious advisement.

TBG:-) Get well soon and here is hoping that you can stay healthy for all of 2010. keep on posting of your adventures in high heels. If you get near the Science Center this year, do drop in and ask for me at the Railroad. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Today was a brisk day with temperatures in the low 20sF (-7C) and I went over to the museum wearing a grey ribbed turtleneck, tight jeans, a black leather jacket and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I was cold enough that I also wore black leather 2” gloves. I carry a black leather shoulder bag for money credit cards and keys and, a black leather back pack pouch containing my sketch book and pencils. I was wearing hose under the jeans because it was brisk.

I had to park at the far end of the parking lot and had to walk over two block to get to the museum. Thigh boots and leather jacket are very warm especially if you are moving around. When I got into the museum I hung my coat in the cost room.

I had a great time at the museum, sketching and talking with folks about the art. I think it throws people a bit of a curve when a guy in high heeled thigh boots starts talking to them about the art and has something interesting to say. Folks, including families, get past my boots very quickly and really seem interested in what I’m telling them.

There was a jazz quarter playing in the Great Hall (the reverb is great) and I stood in the back of the small seated crowd. The crowd was either a symphony crowd or didn’t know it was appropriate to applaud after a individual improvisation. I was the only one that applauded (to the appreciation of the musicians) and part of the crowd looked to see who was applauding. All they saw was a guy standing in the back, head bobbing with the music, wearing a big smile, and thigh boots. So much for being inconspicuous. :wave: (well not quite this extreme)

After a couple hours I walked back out to my car where I changed the 2” leather gloves for my shoulder length (33”) gloves. The gloves are too tight in the arm to wear over the ribbed turtleneck so I wore them under my shirt sleeves. With these gloves on I no longer needed my jacket, even in 20 degree whether.

I'm really going to gabe to learn to do this "leather thing" in moderation. :cry1:

I stopped in a Remkee’s supermarket and a young black girl gave me a, “Nice boots”. I thanked her and went on with my shopping. I stopped at my new cobbler for some advice on some drying leather in a pair of boots, and then I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium and wandered around a while. I went on to a St.Vincent DePaul thrift store and lastly to the C&D Record bar where I found a Sibelius CD for $2. I think it was the only classical CD in the store.

All in all a nice outing.

:wave:

To All – Thanks for the expressions of concern on my health. I didn’t mean to raise alarms and I’m really fine. I got caught in an over reaction of the American health care system. I made an off hand comment to my regular doctor that I was short of breath after ridding for 20 miles. He gave me an EKG and not seeing anything, sent me to have a stress test. They thought they saw something in the test so they sent me to a cardiologist who, also not seeing, gave me an angiogram which showed nothing but just to be sure he put me on a blood pressure medication. I was flat on my back for a week recovering from the angiogram and being over dosed with the medication. I have since corrected the dosage and I feel fine and plan on ridding my bike when the weather warms up again.

DawnHH - I still fondly remember stopping by your museum and getting a grand tour of the layout.

I had a great time at the museum, sketching and talking with folks about the art. I think it throws people a bit of a curve when a guy in high heeled thigh boots starts talking to them about the art and has something interesting to say. Folks, including families, get past my boots very quickly and really seem interested in what I’m telling them.

I honestly hope others here see the lesson in your example -- people will respond more to whatever energy and feelings you send out to them than they will to your clothing. In your case, they respond more to your vibrancy about art , your energy you convey when you talk about what you love, than they do your boots. I imagine you sound relaxed, confident, and you convey that passion for art with enthusiasm and controlled dynamism.

Glad to hear you are feeling good.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

TBG: Sounds like you had a good time on your outing. Glad to read you're doing better too!

TBG ... Congratulations on another wonderful outing at the museum. I too am a fan of jazz and jazz has kind of faded away from our city for some unknown reason. In 2010 I am determined to go back to my city's art museum for another outing. The first time i was a little intimidated by all of the attention I received from everyone there. The more heeling I have done since then, i don't think anyone or anything could intimidate me now. I am so glad you didn't suffer any major health issues. As I have said before, you inspire me as you do many others here at High Heel Place.

I'm new here and well somewhat envious, amazed and proud that those of you, especially TBG are wearing your thigh high boots in public. I would dearly love to do so to, but I live in Adelaide Australia and although a main city, it is very small and sometimes a little too cozy. I do however have one question and that is, of those of you (my heroes) who do wear in public, how tall are you?..........I'm 6'4" (195cms) tall. I think that if I were shorter I probably would have done it years ago. Either that or maybe I should get flats, but then wouldn't that be defeating the purpose of wearing heels. My wife is supportive and is encouraging and states I should do it with perhaps shorter heels, but it's ok for her she's only 5'5". Oh and TBG, I really love reading about your outings..........you are amazing, and inspirational and I just hope that one day I could be more like you. Thanks so much.........and that goes for the rest of you too.

Dozzie, I'm 6'5" barefoot and frequent in 5" heels or boots in public... I like standing above the crowd, as it were. Actually, I am long torso'd so I prefer my look in heels, with longer trousers - my normal wear - and the occasional skirting exploit. see thread "Skirting the Envelope" Welcome and enjoy.

I stopped at Sam’s on the way home from work last night. The temperature was 21F (-7C) and I was wearing a gray turtleneck, a black leather jacket, black leather below the knee length skirt, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Since this was after work, I changed from my slacks and knee high boots (worn under my slacks) into the skirt and thigh boots when I was in my car. Remember that the leather skirt and boots were out in the cold all day … .

A digression:

I might seem that I could organize my shopping trips at Sam’s so I didn’t have to go shopping as often, and, as an IT professional, I have the skills to do that organization, but the goal is not to be efficient, rather the goal is to go shopping in heeled boots.

I parked mid way in the parking lot so I had a nice walk to the store. I was not wearing hose, but at 21F I should have been. Fortunately the wind was not blowing too hard so the outfit really was warm. Also, the shaft on my boots is 4” taller than standard (I extended the shaft) so it covers more of my thigh.

The shopping was a non event. What surprised me was that I really did consider the leather skirt and normal ware, just like my boots are just another pair of shoes. This was the first time I really felt that way about the skirt (I suspect this is all JeffB’s fault).

When I went back out to the car, it had started snowing so I was a little more careful as I walked.

To play on a popular (in the US) TV commercial:

The leather outfit is

Cold weather tested,

Cold weather approved.

:cry1:

Dozzie - I'm 6" without heels.

You guys just continue to impress and inspire me. Tallguyinheels: You look fantastic with the skirts and boots. I only hope that one day soon I can be more like you and wander out into the world, confidently showing my boots and skirts to all and sundry. In the mean time, i'll just continue reading all the posts, as they really are inspirational, and the more inspiration I'm getting, the closer it will be to an outing. Thanks to all of you, you do not know how much this means to me. :cry1:

The shopping was a non event. What surprised me was that I really did consider the leather skirt and normal ware, just like my boots are just another pair of shoes. This was the first time I really felt that way about the skirt (I suspect this is all JeffB’s fault).

Oh, sure! Blame me for that! Sheesh! :cry1: Sounds like you've acclimated yourself to skirt wearing like I have. Good for you!