Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I just came back from a morning shopping trip at Sam’s. I went shopping wearing a red T-Shirt, white shorts with a 2” inseam and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Other than turning a few heads, the shopping trip was uneventful. For me, however, the difference was wearing shorts rather than a skirt. I have been posting my recent outings in Boots and Skirts in Public where I mentioned how exhausted I feel after an outing. Wearing shorts, rather than a skirt or skort, seems to have been the thing that relieved the additional stress. Even though it is warm outside, I’m planning on heading to the museum this afternoon in the same outfit.

:)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It’s close to 90F and I wound up having to park 4 blocks away from the museum which lead to a nice walk in the sun wearing a red T-Shirt, white shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. In this neighborhood I didn’t even get any second glances much less cause traffic problems. Both walking in and out I did receive a couple of nice smiles from several ladies. The museum was lots of fun but uneventful. One of the guards commented that he hadn’t seen me for a while and I had a nice chat with one of the other guards about several paintings. My only reservation about wearing thigh boots with shorts in warm weather is that I don’t like to mess up the lining of the boots with all the perspiration. Any advice on the subject would be welcome. All in all a fun outing. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG:-) Nice outings for you. You may not want to do this, but I wear pantyhose under my boots, even in the hot weather. It wicks the persperation away from the linings and prevents your legs and feet from sticking to the boots which is quite uncomfortable. But then again, my legs may not sweat as much as others do. I seem to sweat more above the waist. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Generally perspiration isn't something I suffer from whilst wearing my thigh boots, although my outings are primarily during the late evening when the ambient temperature is slightly cooler. I have had a couple of outings recently during the day (see my last post in http://www.hhplace.org/guys/3267-guys_skirts_heels-28.html.

Here's a couple of pics of some outings in Newark and Lincoln in my thigh boots over my jeans. Got myself a new addition too - the black wig when it's brushed makes me feel more confident out and about because it's almost certain nobody will recognise me - and that it a must as far as I'm concerned. I love being out and about in my boots - its such a rush, I just don't want anybody I know to know other than my girlfriend. Who knows, maybe that will change in time...

Couple of pics for you, apologies for the poor quality my phone's camera aperture has a lot of dust in there at the moment, and it doesn't pick up too well at night-time. Let me know your thoughts!

post-16324-133522890309_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522890313_thumb.jpg

post-16324-133522890316_thumb.jpg

TBG: I have thigh boots in a synth leather (Domina 3000)- I still have gain some courage to just go for it... I've always sort of "Stealth Heeled" under longish flared or boot cut pant's - though my favorite look is with my "normal" length men's dress pants, where the heel prevents the

On issue I have is I have some good beefy calf muscles left over from when I was very fit. The calf and thigh boot I have fit tight at the calf so a tucked in Jean that extends below the calf doesn't work for me. I have been looking a women's cropped jeans and the new "skinny" bottomed jeans that with the 2% spandex or so fit almost like a tight... I think that will work best.

I'm also considering a longish dress pair of shorts.

http://www.zappos.com/images/752/7528099/8521-882048-p.jpg

to pair with the boots.

Tallguyinheels –

Those shorts would work well either in or over the boots. You might also consider some really short shorts (inseam 1”) then you don’t have to worry about tucking them in.

Remember its contrast that generates attention. Black boots with the long black shorts you pictured doesn’t give a color break at the top of the boots so they really won’t attract as much attention as say white leggings with black boots or short shorts with boots that contrast your skin color. I know what your thinking, “This guy is a wacko if he thinks the thigh boots won’t attract attention all by themselves.” Well, your right, I am a wacko, but the boots need the contrast to stand out. I’ve walked through many a crowd wearing black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos over jeans and people have not noticed my boots.

Enjoy your boots.

Speaking of thighboots, did you see the thigh boots that Prada showed last season at the Milan RTW shows? Their sole is very thick, rubbery, and masculine. Like fisher mens waders with sex appeal.

Also Huessien Chalayan had some interesting boot suspenders at his Fall 2009 Ready To Wear (RTW) show in Paris.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs –

The Prada boots are interesting but not to my taste. I like the boot to have a little of the shape of the leg which, after all, it what it is trying to enhance. Your comment about fishermen’s boots might have been inspired by the swimsuit she is wearing under the jacket.

The boot suspenders are an interesting idea. I thought I saw something like that for opera gloves some years ago. In my humble opinion, thigh boots are like a strapless evening dress in that the boots ought to stay up but leave the how to the observer’s imagination. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics.

So I tried on some shorts and crops from the wife's wardrobe with my 6" heeled over the knee (thigh) boots from Pleaser. The best look I found is with some khaki crops with a cuff that sets just below my knee... as the thigh boot crinkles down a bit the top still rests above my knee and the look is very cool. Cotton short sleeve shirt - it's still warm here in ATL - black belt complete the ensemble. I'll try to post a picture later... I'm a pretty low tech guy. I'll have to become TBG brave to go out like that... But like others have said, if you like your look you are going to feel more comfortable. Still imagine I'll get a lot of OMG's!

OK, here's my first shot at pictures....

Good quality pictures, well done on that but the boots seem far too wrinkled. The jeans look ok but the trousers just look like overgrown bermuda shorts....

See how women wear them, cut length trousers are mostly worn with shoes and not such baggy pants either...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Greatings tallguyinheels :-)

Very nice boots and nice capri/cargo pants but not together...

I think these boots are too "classy" to wear them like this.

I noticed that women are wearing these capri/cargo pants mostly with flat sandals or low heel shoes.

Just my opinion...

Tallguyinheels –

Well, I like the look, especially the blue pair! The boots I wore with my Capri pants didn’t have that high a heel and that changes the look a bit but I like your combination. As Tech and Danielp6406 point out, most women are wearing sandals with their Capri slacks, which is summertime wear. Boots don’t normally fall into the category of summertime wear. But just because women aren’t doing it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t look good. I think it is a great way to show off a pair of good looking boots.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thx for the encouragement... I'm trying to find a look that I feel comfortable in ... A 6'5" 50 year old man. I'd like to show of the high heel... look a bit classy. These crops are from my wife's closet - but I wanted to give the look a try. I think for later this winter a tailored just over the knee chino maybe in black - or the a darker olive or grey might look good - sort of a slacks/blazer look. I think I want to have the look and double take effect when people see me. The y won't miss the heeled boots but walking into a convenience store counter where I am a regular, it might not be the first thing they notice. Oh, and sorry for the just slept in look in the khaki crops... didn't notice until after the pictures were taken.

I dropped off my favorite pair of black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos at the cobbler for new heel tips. This is just an ongoing expense of wearing stilettos. I still needed to go shopping at Sam’s so I pulled out my royal blue leather thigh boots also with 5” stilettos and matched them with a 17” denim skirt, a gray T-shirt and light blue hose (thanks Dawn HH for the idea).

I did get a couple of smiles from several ladies and one lady commented, “You certainly walk better on those than I could, my ankles would be wobbleing all over the place.”

I replied, “It comes with practice.” Her husband stand right behind her seemed like he didn’t know that to make of the conversation so I cut it short.

I did overhear a comment in another isle, “Well, now I’ve seen everything.” And I don’t think he was talking about the bottled juice collection on display in that isle.

Otherwise the trip was uneventful. I felt very comfortable with this outfit to the point that I caught myself forgetting what I was wearing (that was either very comfortable or senility :)).

After I got home, I took off the boots and changed the skirt for a skort and went out to cut the grass. As it turned out, the neighbor and his wife were out doing yard work at the same time. I thought about postponing the work but then figured why not and went ahead and gut the grass wearing the gray T-shirt, a tan short skort and hose. I chatted with the wife a bit and went on cutting the grass. Not a word about the skort or hose.

All in all a fine (but warm) day.

post-928-133522890583_thumb.jpg

This morning I had to work from home for a couple of hours so I wound up leaving home at about the time the local shops opened. I decided to pick up my black boots from the cobbler. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeved white shirt for work, so I pulled on my royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and headed for the cobbler shop. He was just arriving when I parked. I walked across the parking lot and into the shop and handed in my claim ticket and he came around the counter to get my boots from the pick up area. Up to this time he hadn’t seen my blue boots but he didn’t miss a beat when he saw them. I guess he wasn’t too surprised at what I was wearing because I was picking up a pair of size 14 black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. He made a point to invite me back.

Since I already had my boots on, I decided to wear them while I drove to work and I had to stop for gas on the way. I pulled into the self service pumps at Sam’s only to find one of our office managers at the other pump island. A couple things went through my head: this lady has a cool attitude, she knows I wear boots with 2-3” block heels at work, and I thought why not, so I got out of the car and started filling the tank. She saw me from the other side of the pump and waved and I waved back (she still hadn’t seen my boots). She walked over to joke with me about neither of us being at work and I stepped out in full view. She didn’t miss a beat as we chatted about work (told you she was cool). She went back to her car and we waved as she left. After I got to work I saw her again and jokingly waved to her she laughed and waved back. I ran into her a couple more times throughout the day with not a word about my boots but the rap our between us seemed much more relaxed than before.

All in all a very nice boot day.

Good to see you receive support from fellow a worker, specially when it is from a manager.

BTW on you post I prefer this color (first post) over this one (second post) :)

The darker blue is closer to the real color of boots and also easier to read :)

In fact, the closest color match for your blue boots would be between this color and this color...:)

(Don't worry about the font color. I'm quite tired tonight so I'm just kidding. Nice boots BTW...)

That looked well enough done to get your shot on the next Food Network Star. The food looked good. Now to get the major networks over there fear of men in thigh boots. I'm not feelin the chap boots with the shorts. They,the boots, to me are better suited with no leg showing. The other outfits seemed to be closer to your norm based on what I've come to expect from you. Nice Job. On an aside does your stove not have pilot lights or do you just keep the gas off when not using it.?

Sunday was a great day for boots. The temperature was in the upper 60s lower 70s and low humidity. I put my bike on the car and headed for the Loveland Ohio bike trail. I went riding wearing a black long sleeved V-neck top, denim shorts, taupe hose and black stretch knee boots with a 2 ½” tapered heel. I did get a couple of friendly smiles, and one comment about nice riding boots. I also passed a couple that were on horse back that really did have on nice riding boots.

I rode for 20 miles (10 out and 10 back) then took a short break. My legs still felt good so in the spirit of why not, I changed the knee high boots (which aren’t that comfortable) for my black leather thigh high boots with 5” stilettos and headed out on the trail in a different direction. I really don’t think most people noticed. Front the front you don’t see the heel just tall boots. I did have one guy pass me and almost twisted his neck staring at my heels. A little ways later he pulled of into a parking lot and just stared as I went by.

I road 10 miles in boots with 5” heels, and abused the muscles that arch my ankle. The arch of the boot made me hold that angle in my foot as I road otherwise the sole would slip off the peddle and I use toe clips to keep my foot from going too far forward on the peddle. The 10 miles turned out to be my limit (after the first 20 and the odd foot angle). When I got back to my car, there was a group of spandex clad riders in the lot. As I got off my bike one leg started to cramp and I had to work that out. Having the heel to support my foot did feel good though.

As I was putting my bike on the car I overheard one of ladies tell her friends, “turn around” and when I glanced in their direction the whole group ( 4 females 1 male) were looking my way with smiles. The guy asked, “How was the ride?”

I replied that it was great as I was taking off my helmet and riding gloves, which took a minute or so. I didn’t continue the conversation; rather I got into my car and headed home.

After I got home and slept for a couple of hours, I decided to go to the movies. I pulled on a tight white knee length streight line skirt, black silk blouse and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The boots disappeared up under the skirt but other than that the outfit looked good, basic black and white.

The theater lobby was full and I was over dressed for this theater. I got a couple of glances as I walked through. The movie was the new Transformers flick and it was +2 hours for blurry images ( that hide the action and let your mind fill in the images), a lot of bass, and the guy kisses the girl in front of a sunset at the end. As JeffB said, it was a lot of fun.

As I left the theater I got a couple more looks but no comments. I had parked in the middle of the lot so I had a nice walk back to my car.

All in all a great boot day!

Smittybill53-

Thanks for the kind words and I think I agree with you about the chap boots. The stove is over 50 years old and there is no pilot in the oven. One of the other ones fails to work and I haven’t taken the time to fix it.

That looked well enough done to get your shot on the next Food Network Star.

Can't you just imagine TBG and Paula Dean cooking dinner together in one program? :):)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

While the day was still cool, I went to the Post Office to drop off a package and was wearing a red T-shirt, Daisy Duke denim shorts and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There were a bunch of folks there which surprised me and everyone saw me and no one even batted an eye.

I went on to do some shopping at WallMart which was also crowded and there a few more heads turned and I had to put up with a doodle with a cell phone camera. I told him, “Most folks have the courtesy to ask.” I don’t think he knew what courtesy ment.

This is one of the WallMart super stores where, by design, you have to walk all over the store to find anything, but it was fun.

Next I went to the Florence Sam’s and had a leisurely shopping experience. Unfortunately I had to buy frozen vegies and ice cream which meant I had to head straight home.

A nice start of the weekend outing.

Bubba136 -

That would indeed be a hoot, YaAll.

Saturday continued… I headed over to Findlay Market in Cincinnati with the same outfit. I parked about a block away and walked on over to the market area and through the main building. A couple of heads turned but no one seemed to be bothered. I stopped for a while at my favorite butcher’s stand and bought some stuff then headed outside to the vendors there. One guy must have strained his neck checking out my boots but that happens. I wandered around for a while and bought some more stuff then headed back to the car.

When I got home, I changed the Daisy Duke denim shorts for a 14” denim (skirt which is about as long as the shorts) and headed for the movies. As I was walking into the theater, a pickup truck went by and its’ occupants treated me to a chorus of whistles and cat calls and a loud, “don’t forget you’re a guy” remark. I guess I’m glad they noticed I was a guy, who knows what they would have done if I was a gal.

When I walked into the theater, I threw the cashier, who I’m sure heard the remarks from the truck, a smile and she returned it. The auditorium was one of the smaller ones with only a center isle, so I took an isle seat about 2/3s of the way down to the front. The seats were offset so I was able to stretch my legs by the seat in front of me but clearly visible to anyone behind me. I enjoyed the Star Trek movie (again). When the lights came up I headed up the isle and to my surprise the auditorium was relatively full. On the way out one of the employees gave me a nice smile which I returned.

I’m not sure why I changed from the shorts to the skirt. I really am more (mentally) comfortable wearing the shorts. After all my second most favorite look is Chris from thighboots.com in shorts and boots. :) Maybe it’s the challenge or maybe I just like pushing the envelope. When I understand why, I’ll be a much wiser person.

Skirts is really nice together with high heels. And we have all seen how sensational that can look for instance on JeffB or HappyFeat. I think your subconscious mind is ready for skirts and heels. :) /Stefan

Best regards, Stefan