Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Nah, don't restrict yourself. Enjoy it. Everyday counts. Why limit what you like to do just because of an impending "holiday?" Besides, after Halloween, people are just going to jump to the wrong conclusion that you're still wearing your Halloween costume anyway. You can't win on that score, so continue wearing what you like whenever you like it. You're an inspiration to us all!

Trick or treat!

Steve

I agree wholeheartedly! Why give a damn if you are mistaken for being in Halloween garb? You only get one ride on this wild and crazy rollercoaster called life, so make that ride as eventful as possible. In other words, wear what you want, when you want and where you want and let the rest of the world think what it will!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Congratulations on your outings and thank you for the you tube links. When I have gone for a walk in my thighboots or any high heels and I walk on the grass or ground, my high heels sink into those surfaces. On one of your videos, it looked like your high heels never sunk into the ground. Were those real hard surfaces? Also, it sounds like you had another good outing at the museum. I will go back there again one day and hopefully have a better experience next time. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

... As I was walking back to my car a guy on the street (who’s elevator didn’t make it all the way to the top) said he liked my outfit and asked if I was going to a Halloween party. I said I wasn’t which seemed to confuse him....:chuckle:

You could have prevented his confusion by answering: 'Yes - and it's a long journey, so I must hurry on my way ...' .

Since I have been wearing thigh boots in public I have only had one insult and maybe it stung because I was caught totally unprepared when last year a Sam’s register operator asked me if I was wearing my Halloween costume. Admittedly, she was just being rude, but it still bothered me. I rarely frequent that store any more. Tonight I stopped in my favorite Sam’s where I know most of the clerks. I Pushed my envelope just a bit further by wearing a denim mid calf dress over a dark green turtleneck with black leather thigh boots and a leather jacket. The dress is a jumper (sleeveless) that buttons down the front and is form fitting on the top with a full skirt on the bottom. The only reaction I got was from a 12 year old girl who just stared as she walked past. The register clerk, who I know well, said it looked nice and another clerk said it was much more to her taste than the short skirts I normally wear. I’m still not sure I felt completely comfortable in a dress but all new things tale a little getting used to. I think it was all the room in the full skirt that felt so different. I do think the outfit looked nice and I chose the Sam’s store to try it out because the staff knows me and knows I’m not wearing a Halloween outfit. :chuckle:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had the afternoon off from work and decided to head over to the Museum. Doing that is really a great escape for me plus a great place to wear boots. I went over wearing a green turtleneck, tight jeans, black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos and a black leather jacket. Boots and jeans are my all time favorite look. The guards were surprised to see me on a Thursday afternoon and I was surprised that they noticed. I went to work sketching and one of the guards went out of her way to complement my work. We chatted for a while and walked into another gallery and I sensed something was wrong. The room just didn’t feel right and she hadn’t noticed anything. Then I noticed that all the placards that are glued to the wall by the paintings were curling. I’m sure there was a humidity problem and between the guard and I we made sure that maintenance knew about it. She told me to be sure I reported it because, “You’re here all the time and they will pay more attention to you than they do to me.” I still don’t understand that. In another gallery a guard I had never seen before started chatting with me and said that he was new but all the guards knew me (and from the way he was talking, the guards knowing me was a positive thing). I really had a great time walking around and sketching. Even the two block walk to my car was nice because it was a beautiful afternoon. :chuckle:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I think it is so great that not only you have a good time at the museum, but they all seem to know you and are very comfortable with your appearence. It seems the key is just to keep going back wearing high heels and being comfortable doing so. I get some great ideas from all of your posts and I thank you again.

I went riding on the Loveland bike trail yesterday afternoon. The temperature started in the low 40sF so I dressed warmly. I wore a black long sleeved Danskin top, black leather 5 pocket pants, and black leather mid calf boots with a flat heel. I also wore a pair of black leather opera gloves under the sleeves, more for warmth than style.

With the cooler temperatures there are a lot fewer folks on the trail but the folks that were there seemed to accept a guy riding in leather, after all the “serious” riders are in spandex. The ride was great with all the fall colors but uneventful.

In the way home, I stopped in a St.Vincent DePaul and ran into a lady that is a clerk in the Goodwill I normally visit. I was wishing I had worn my thigh boots because she has never seen them. After that stop I stopped at a large Goodwill and found a pair of stretch denim jeans that are very high waisted (up to my lower rib). The look is a little different but they feel great to wear.

All in all it was a delightful afternoon.

:chuckle:

Roniheels – Thanks for the kind words. Being a “regular” at the museum does give me a comfortable place to go and I don’t push thing too far at the museum, for instance, I have only worn a skort there one time and although it didn’t change anyone’s reaction to me I limit my wardrobe eccentricities to tops and thigh boots.

Monday night in Toronto there will be roughly 5 to 8 of us out and about in Thigh Boots, come and join us TBG! David & Cathy Toronto Boot Meet just 1 day away, Monday, Nov 2nd. 8PM at the Churchmouse and Firkin Pub on the corner of Maitland and Church, downtown Toronto

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I was looking in the Victoria Secrets shoe catalog and found a couple of images of Colin Stewart boots on models that fall into the "How to wear them" category. The first two are ideas that guys could emulate, :chuckle: the third is strictly for the gals, :tear: but the last one is fun to try. :w00t2:.

post-928-133522895528_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522895531_thumb.jpg

post-928-133522895533_thumb.jpg

The first two are ideas that guys could emulate, :chuckle:

Most definitely! Hell, I've done both!

the third is strictly for the gals, :tear:

Really? Who said? HA!

but the last one is fun to try. :w00t2:.

To be sure! I'd take a crack at that!

I was looking in the Victoria Secrets shoe catalog and found a couple of images of Colin Stewart boots on models that fall into the "How to wear them" category.

The first two are ideas that guys could emulate, :chuckle:

the third is strictly for the gals, :tear:

but the last one is fun to try. :w00t2:.

In order to achieve the look in the third picture, any male that attempts this had better have a drop dead, gorgeous figure. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

While looking around in YouTube I found a series of TV (television) clips with a thigh boot theme. Its too bad American TV isn’t this interesting (It might even get JeffB to watch something other than football :chuckle:).

TV Clips – Thigh boots

TV Clips – Thigh boots II

TV Clips – Thigh boots III

TV Clips – Thigh boots IV

TV Clips – Thigh boots V

TV Clips – Thigh boots VI

TV Clips – Thigh boots VII

TV Clips – Thigh boots VIII

TV Clips – Thigh boots IX

TV Clips – Thigh boots X

While looking around in YouTube I found a series of TV (television) clips with a thigh boot theme. Its too bad American TV isn’t this interesting (It might even get JeffB to watch something other than football :chuckle:).

HA! Fat chance of that! But those videos were mighty interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Today is as about as close as I can come to a full day out and about in thigh boots and heels. The weather was in the upper 60s – low 70s F (not typical for November in Cincinnati). I was out wearing a long sleeved gray knit top, tight jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This really is a very conservative outfit (for me) and people really have to be paying attention to notice I’m wearing thigh boots with heels, most folks don’t notice at all. The first stop was Sam’s to pick up a few things but I took my time and wandered all over the store. No one seemed to pay any attention. Next I went to a WallMart super store. I started in the shoe department but didn’t see anything I was interested. There was a father and son there and the kid wanted a pair of boots and they were in the women’s isle. The kid was looking at a plain bulky suede flat heel boots mid calf boots that I’ve seen lots of gals wearing. His dad wasn’t trying to talk him out of them either. I went to the pharmacy and the pet department to get my stuff. Remember I’m 6’5” in my heels and I tried to get a bag of cat litter of the top shelf that was stacked of high I was reaching to get the bag. The bag stuck to the one under it and four bags started to fall off the shelf (and the shelf unit started to lean over. I carefully got two bags off that stack and went hunting for a manager which is not something to do is you want to be inconspicuous. My next stop was at Barnes and Nobel and, as JeffB notes, a bookstore is a great place to wear heels. Most of the employees are “book people” who love books and don’t care what you’re wearing if you are also interested in books. I was looking for a copy of Douglas Adam’s Hitchhikers series and the gal helping me had to search a bit to find where the books had been relocated. Next door B&N is a Shoe Carnival so I stopped in to see if there was anything of interest…there wasn’t. While I was walking down one isle there was a lady sitting in a chair trying on shoes and had her stuff spread out all over the isle. She apologized and pulled her stuff together as I walked by. I commented that the boots displayed right next to her were the only pair of leather boots in the store and we chatted about the quality of this year’s selection. There is a Good will in the neighborhood so I stopped by. The parking lot was packed so I had a nice walk to the store. I have just gone through and sorted my skirt collection and realized I don’t need another anything but I looked at the boots anyway. There was a lady trying on a pair of knee highs with 4” stiletto heels and I commented that they looked nice. She said that they weren’t comfortable and I offered that I wore insoles in mine and they were very comfortable but she said the heel wasn’t right. I headed home to put my stuff away. With all the folks I met and talked to no one said a thing about my boots. I headed over to the museum and discovered the place was packed. I got the last parking spot in the overflow lot so I had a nice long walk to the museum. Several of the guards went out of their way to say Hi and that they hadn’t seen me for a while and even offered that there was some discussion within their ranks about where I had been. I worked for a while and wound up in the Impressionist gallery. There had been several women walking by wearing boots and a couple with nice heels but a gal walked into the gallery wearing jeans and black knee high boots with a side zip, back lacing near the cuff and 4” heels (yeah I noticed). She was looking at the painting from too close a distance and I commented to her that the painting looks different from the middle of the room and still different from across the room. She tried each of the locations, and we chatted about the paintings. About that time a relative walked in and said Hi (she is actually my fourth cousins, uncle’s second cousin) and we chatted about the paintings for a few minutes. A few minutes later I saw the gal with the 4” heels and complemented her on their great looks and asked where she had gotten them. (Some small shop in Chicago). I wound up in the Middle East section of the museum where another guard commented that she hadn’t seen me for a while. We chatted about some 14th and 15th centaury Iranian paintings. All day, and not one comment about my boots. It has really come to pass that I can go out all day in thigh boots and they are treated just like another pair of shoes and I feel like I’m just wearing a neat looking pair of shoes. :chuckle:

TBG:-) Now---Thats being perfectly comfortable in your outfit, or should I say, your thighboots. After all, they are just shoes, only with heels. Wouldn't have it any other way. Congrats again! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Today is as about as close as I can come to a full day out and about in thigh boots and heels. The weather was in the upper 60s – low 70s F (not typical for November in Cincinnati). I was out wearing a long sleeved gray knit top, tight jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This really is a very conservative outfit (for me) and people really have to be paying attention to notice I’m wearing thigh boots with heels, most folks don’t notice at all.

The first stop was Sam’s to pick up a few things but I took my time and wandered all over the store. No one seemed to pay any attention.

Next I went to a WallMart super store. I started in the shoe department but didn’t see anything I was interested. There was a father and son there and the kid wanted a pair of boots and they were in the women’s isle. The kid was looking at a plain bulky suede flat heel boots mid calf boots that I’ve seen lots of gals wearing. His dad wasn’t trying to talk him out of them either.

I went to the pharmacy and the pet department to get my stuff. Remember I’m 6’5” in my heels and I tried to get a bag of cat litter of the top shelf that was stacked of high I was reaching to get the bag. The bag stuck to the one under it and four bags started to fall off the shelf (and the shelf unit started to lean over. I carefully got two bags off that stack and went hunting for a manager which is not something to do is you want to be inconspicuous.

My next stop was at Barnes and Nobel and, as JeffB notes, a bookstore is a great place to wear heels. Most of the employees are “book people” who love books and don’t care what you’re wearing if you are also interested in books. I was looking for a copy of Douglas Adam’s Hitchhikers series and the gal helping me had to search a bit to find where the books had been relocated.

Next door B&N is a Shoe Carnival so I stopped in to see if there was anything of interest…there wasn’t. While I was walking down one isle there was a lady sitting in a chair trying on shoes and had her stuff spread out all over the isle. She apologized and pulled her stuff together as I walked by. I commented that the boots displayed right next to her were the only pair of leather boots in the store and we chatted about the quality of this year’s selection.

There is a Good will in the neighborhood so I stopped by. The parking lot was packed so I had a nice walk to the store. I have just gone through and sorted my skirt collection and realized I don’t need another anything but I looked at the boots anyway. There was a lady trying on a pair of knee highs with 4” stiletto heels and I commented that they looked nice. She said that they weren’t comfortable and I offered that I wore insoles in mine and they were very comfortable but she said the heel wasn’t right.

I headed home to put my stuff away. With all the folks I met and talked to no one said a thing about my boots.

I headed over to the museum and discovered the place was packed. I got the last parking spot in the overflow lot so I had a nice long walk to the museum. Several of the guards went out of their way to say Hi and that they hadn’t seen me for a while and even offered that there was some discussion within their ranks about where I had been. I worked for a while and wound up in the Impressionist gallery. There had been several women walking by wearing boots and a couple with nice heels but a gal walked into the gallery wearing jeans and black knee high boots with a side zip, back lacing near the cuff and 4” heels (yeah I noticed). She was looking at the painting from too close a distance and I commented to her that the painting looks different from the middle of the room and still different from across the room. She tried each of the locations, and we chatted about the paintings. About that time a relative walked in and said Hi (she is actually my fourth cousins, uncle’s second cousin) and we chatted about the paintings for a few minutes. A few minutes later I saw the gal with the 4” heels and complemented her on their great looks and asked where she had gotten them. (Some small shop in Chicago).

I wound up in the Middle East section of the museum where another guard commented that she hadn’t seen me for a while. We chatted about some 14th and 15th centaury Iranian paintings.

All day, and not one comment about my boots. It has really come to pass that I can go out all day in thigh boots and they are treated just like another pair of shoes and I feel like I’m just wearing a neat looking pair of shoes.

What a fantastic day you had, oh i wish it could be that easy here in the uk.

It would be just great to go out for a day like that instead of having to allmost sneak about in the undergrowth.

Lots of us over here really envy you.

What a fantastic day you had, oh i wish it could be that easy here in the uk.

It would be just great to go out for a day like that instead of having to allmost sneak about in the undergrowth.

Lots of us over here really envy you.

All you have to do, thighhighguy, is scroll back through the archives and read all of the entries posted over the years by members living in the Uk that have won their heels all over the entire empire. Read what Firefox says about his heel adventures and how he wears heels as his normal, everyday footwear. Some of the other ling time members have posted some interesting reports of our world heel meets that have been held in London over the last several years. Some of the other members have also posted reports of their outings in other cities in and around Great Briton.

So, it should be fairly easy to wear heels without fear of generating much reaction anywhere around your place.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

All you have to do, thighhighguy, is scroll back through the archives and read all of the entries posted over the years by members living in the Uk that have won their heels all over the entire empire. Read what Firefox says about his heel adventures and how he wears heels as his normal, everyday footwear. Some of the other ling time members have posted some interesting reports of our world heel meets that have been held in London over the last several years. Some of the other members have also posted reports of their outings in other cities in and around Great Briton.

So, it should be fairly easy to wear heels without fear of generating much reaction anywhere around your place.

Thanks for that,

yes you can get away with wearing heels, i suppose im just asking for too much because i like to go out and wear my thighboots over my tight jeans or leggings and that is a little extreme i suppose.

However if you can get a group of you togeather it all seems a little be easier and people tend to accept groups better rather than one guy walking in the street in hes heels.

Power by numbers... but man... getting the numbers together is the tough part... I just don't have the nads to start the trend here in the Seattle Area...

I know this is the difficult thing getting the guys togeather to get out there and have a great grin.

Its such a shame, we a missing out.

I suppose I can walk the streets of Broadway, probably the most diverse area in Seattle, however, I just may end up bumping into someone I know... :w00t2: or may attract unwanted attention... tough call.

Yes it is a tough call, i have started goning out after dark and to rural locations,

its a great buzz, even driving into a drive thru KFC can be a great buzz in your thighboots, not being too sure if the person at the window has spotted my boot tops :chuckle:

Yes it is a tough call, i have started goning out after dark and to rural locations,

its a great buzz, even driving into a drive thru KFC can be a great buzz in your thighboots, not being too sure if the person at the window has spotted my boot tops :chuckle:

If you believe driving through the take-out window can be a great buzz....next time park your car, go into KFC and place your order while wearing your boots. Now, that will really give you a buzz..... :w00t2:

If you believe driving through the take-out window can be a great buzz....next time park your car, go into KFC and place your order while wearing your boots. Now, that will really give you a buzz..... :w00t2:

Yes i have thought about it lol.

Maybe i will pluck up the courage at christmas when everyone is in the festive spirit.

I must give it a go :chuckle:

Thighhighguy:-) Give it a try. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Try it in a neighboring town if you must. You are missing out on the best part of streetheeling. The great fun for you. Now---that's a buzz. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Over the weekend I departed from my norm just a bit. I’m not really sure why but I was feeling really tired which made riding my bike out of the question so I decided to take in a movie instead. I headed off to the cinema to see the latest Harry Potter movie wearing a teal top with an open neck, a denim jacket, black leather 5 pocket style pants, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I thought the outfit went well together.

The walk across the parking lot and through the lobby was a non event. There was a small crowd but no one seemed to notice. I was in the auditorium 10 minutes before the show started and I was the only one there. There was a center isle and I picked an isle seat in the middle of the auditorium so I could stretch out my legs (the seats are offset so I could stretch out my legs without putting my feet out in the isle). A few minutes later another couple of folks came in and we chatted about movies until the show started.

After the show, I headed back out through the lobby and to my car. There is a Sam’s just down the street from the theater and I went in for one item. Normally I use a cart, and most people don’t see past the cart, but this time I just walked through the store without one but even then, no one seemed to notice. I found my item and headed for the register. One of the managers was running the register I chose. She always dresses in tight jeans and wears makeup and has her hair styled. She has always treated me very coolly but today she was wearing her hair in a different style then before and I complemented her on the change which got me a big smile.

That was enough for the day. I was still feeling wiped out and that was making walking on 5” heels an effort. I put on a pair of flats and stopped in a near by Payless. The only thing that interested me was a pair of knee high sneakers with a back zipper. They only had them in a 10 so I didn’t even try them on. The web site has them in an 11 but I don’t think what will be large enough.

Oh well… fun outing.

Thighhighguy –

By far the toughest step is getting out of the car. Don’t count on the holiday for getting people into a festive spirit, since it is probably one of the most stressful times of the year. Just pull your boot on over a pair of jeans, grab a jacket and go for it.

THIGHBOOTGUY-

Thanks for your advise, im getting close to just doing it mate, think i will just head to another town and try my luck.

That was another great outing for you, its amazing how you are so excepted there.

Look forward to hearing about your next outing, and maybe i will have an outing to tell everyone about soon :chuckle: