Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

On 5/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, Puffer said:

I am glad to know that he detected nothing adverse but concealed cowboy boots with 3" heels are quite tame - I wear the similar ones in my avatar without any issues, although I know they have been 'spotted' on occasions with a raised eyebrow or three.   I do however suggest that his new tall decorated cowboy boots with a contrasting 4" heel are in another league and would very likely give rise to some reaction in the UK, albeit not necessarily of a critical or condemnatory nature.      

You are entitled to your opinion based on your own experience but we are not talking here of plain 'cowboy' boots or even knee boots.   I don't think you have publicly worn long heeled boots as distinctive as those of p1ing74, or could do so without some quizzical reaction.  

I have been wearing the boots with 4” heels around a bit now, but since we are working from home I haven’t been able to put in some extended time in them until this week.  I went to an out of town conference and put in about 70 hours on this boots in 4 days. 

There really is something magical about that 4” heel height threshold that changes the overall look.  The shoes started more conversations than anything I have worn with 3.5” heels, and people commented or asked how tall I am, despite being a relatively normal 6 feet tall without heels. 

spacer.png

And they feel so great to wear too. 3.5” feels so normal to me now, and that little extra stretch to 4” is a noticeable and nice feeling on the feet.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

And they feel so great to wear too. 3.5” feels so normal to me now, and that little extra stretch to 4” is a noticeable and nice feeling on the feet.  

Yeah, I totally get that. There is a sweet spot, and it differs from person to person, that can't be understood by those without the "high heel" gene!

Edited by mlroseplant

15 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I have been wearing the boots with 4” heels around a bit now, but since we are working from home I haven’t been able to put in some extended time in them until this week.  I went to an out of town conference and put in about 70 hours on this boots in 4 days. 

There really is something magical about that 4” heel height threshold that changes the overall look.  The shoes started more conversations than anything I have worn with 3.5” heels, and people commented or asked how tall I am, despite being a relatively normal 6 feet tall without heels. 

spacer.png

I agree, 3" heels are like wearing Nikes for the most part...Although every pair is different...

• Like 1

Just had these Naturalizer Callie Boot in within the last hour. A great stretch for me from my 2.5” Cubans, these are 4 inch, the specs say they are 3.5” with a .5” platform, the size 12US/9UK/42EU is closer to that elusive and brilliant 4inch number. They are comfortable, you don’t feel as if it’s a heel you are wearing, really good footbed if a few millimetres too narrow, not a deal breaker. Only issue is that the tounge doesn’t stay in place when pouring your feet in to them. The leather wrapped heel is a lovely addition to a killer boot. The reviews I read were correct, they fit a half size larger.

It’s how short your stride becomes at that 4 inch marker. Stunning boot for the fall/winter. Will look great with some jeans, t shirt and a long down coat or a trench coat I have coming.

I worried about the sizing, now I don’t have to worry, I can wear this size with socks. Will now be looking at other Naturalizer boots, and other companies. I’m attending a wedding in April and want a nice pair of shoes/boots for that!!!

6A78D661-1BF8-417F-BA89-0D26592CE8FB.jpeg

39F1260D-61F6-494A-B64A-FC6130B5F95E.jpeg

93B625EC-16CE-4188-A687-A63E2F3F7614.jpeg

3282CB0F-28E6-4FE7-B809-54571963C77F.jpeg

• Like 6

Did they have to come from the US? The Amazon listing says they will be supplied from the USA, with potential for VAT etc charges.

In any case, nice and comfortable looking boots.

Thanks! They did come from the USA. Amazon World Store deals with all of that garbage. Only thing I paid more for was the 5 day shipping option via UPS.

Edited by VirginHeels

Looks like you order by UK size from Amazon. So did you order UK9 and were they marked US(womens)12? At least in theory, UK9 = US (womens) 11 though size conversion is notoriously erratic.

I ordered a UK10, a US12, They sent me a UK9, a US11. I’m not unhappy as they fit well, and fit like a damn glove. The sizes are erratic I’ll admit. Not gonna complain as I now know my size, I could see me getting these again in another colour.

15 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

I ordered a UK10, a US12, They sent me a UK9, a US11. I’m not unhappy as they fit well, and fit like a damn glove. The sizes are erratic I’ll admit. Not gonna complain as I now know my size, I could see me getting these again in another colour.

Was there any explanation of not sending you what you actually ordered?   Regardless of whether they (fortunately) run large and therefore fit you, I would not expect a substitution to be made without consultation.

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Was there any explanation of not sending you what you actually ordered?   Regardless of whether they (fortunately) run large and therefore fit you, I would not expect a substitution to be made without consultation.

There was no explanation. I am in full agreement with your point on consultation. Sometimes we hit it lucky on sizing, this one I’m putting it as a win, sometimes we loose. As my mum taught me, if it lands in your lap say nought, if it doesn’t, stand your ground.

• 1 month later...

Here is a couple of purchases from the other day.  I got them both in a thrift store for less that 20 bucks!  the brown ones are le chateau brand with a 3 1/2" chunky heel.  The gray ones are suzy shier brand with a 3 1/2" stiletto heel.  Cant wait to take both pairs out for a spin.

boot2.jpg

boot.jpg

Edited by Mr. X
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Here is a couple of purchases from the other day.  I got them both in a thrift store for less that 20 bucks!  the brown ones are le chateau brand with a 3 1/2" chunky heel.  The gray ones are suzy shier brand with a 3 1/2" stiletto heel.  Cant wait to take both pairs out for a spin.

boot2.jpg

boot.jpg

I like both @Mr. X but particularly the ankle boots. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1