Who has bought some new BOOTS?

I agree with wanting to look at ease when walking in heels.  That is a big part of why I don't go too high, as I know I cannot walk with any ease or gracefulness when the heels are beyond my 4" or so limit.  I don't try to walk like a woman as such, not the crossing of one foot in front of another, but I try to shorten my step and not look like a hulk either.

• Like 3

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Superhero boots!

Apologies for not following the conversation, but I just had to show off my latest boots. Lk Bennett black leather with a zip up the back 

Some new boots from le Silla.   And again casadei my personal favorite

Posted Images

It's not about the height, but rather the styling as far as I am concerned. I like ankle boots with 3- to 4-nch heels and feel absolutely no desire to wear anything higher. To me the proportions start to look wrong - rather hunched - if one goes any higher. I have a pair of chocolate brown knee boots with 5" stiletto heels that look just right - but any higher and the proportions would again start to look contrived and exaggerated, at least to my untutored eyes.  

• Like 1

These ASOS Kendra thigh boots https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-kendra-stiletto-thigh-high-boots-in-black/prd/12577026?colourwayid=16519460&SearchQuery=&cid=1931 (4.75" heel) are now on offer in sizes up to UK13 for £27.00.   Be aware that most buyers say they run small, which seems to be the case with other ASOS Design footwear in larger sizes.   The wide fit equivalent is also discounted to £31.50, but only goes up to UK9.   New customers can try code  ASOSNEWHERE for a further 15% discount (until 15 March).

• Like 1
9 hours ago, RonC said:

I agree with wanting to look at ease when walking in heels.  That is a big part of why I don't go too high, as I know I cannot walk with any ease or gracefulness when the heels are beyond my 4" or so limit.  I don't try to walk like a woman as such, not the crossing of one foot in front of another, but I try to shorten my step and not look like a hulk either.

Yes, I am guilty of trying to extend my step sometimes, certainly a mistake.  It would be cool to have someone secretly video a close up of me walking so I can see how I appear....Might be upsetting though....

• Like 1

Not new boots but new pictures of old boots,14 years old to be exact and still look like new. These are mens size 9.5,crotch high,made with thick leather and very well constructed. They have a 1/2 inch platform to offset some heel height. I these are made by motorcowboy.com and I have no regrets. They were bought off of an ebay auction for 1/2 price. Check em out as this is the toughest pair of boots that I have ever owned.post-16375-133522910278_thumb.jpg

received_734290814164531.jpeg

received_2065883136876571.jpeg

received_778960239711077.jpeg

• Like 8

New 5-1/4" Peep Toe Ankle Boot/Shoe.  Extremely comfortable. And 5 inch NW Round Toe Ankle Boot from several years ago. Again very comfortable for all day wear.

NW Ankle Boots.JPG

Ber Ankle Boots.JPG

• Like 2
6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

It would be cool to have someone secretly video a close up of me walking so I can see how I appear....Might be upsetting though....

Yeah, I know what you mean...lol

3 hours ago, crotchhiguy said:

Not new boots but new pictures of old boots,14 years old to be exact and still look like new. These are mens size 9.5,crotch high,made with thick leather and very well constructed. They have a 1/2 inch platform to offset some heel height. I these are made by motorcowboy.com and I have no regrets. They were bought off of an ebay auction for 1/2 price. Check em out as this is the toughest pair of boots that I have ever owned.post-16375-133522910278_thumb.jpg

received_734290814164531.jpeg

received_2065883136876571.jpeg

received_778960239711077.jpeg

Those boots are amazing, and fit so nicely...Must feel like heaven

Just a little walk with thee -🎶

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The price on this run of Miguel Jones with 3.5” heels was too low not to try out.  Already made and supposedly in my size, so I figured I’d give it a shot.  Another pair of black cowboy boots is arguably the last thing I need right now, but it would be interesting to see how MJ sizing is without going all out.  

D5B1A487-DE10-475E-8564-5D8057222665.jpeg.16b3f85a42f49771e19fb05597bd71b7.jpeg

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

The price on this run of Miguel Jones with 3.5” heels was too low not to try out.  Already made and supposedly in my size, so I figured I’d give it a shot.  Another pair of black cowboy boots is arguably the last thing I need right now, but it would be interesting to see how MJ sizing is without going all out.  

D5B1A487-DE10-475E-8564-5D8057222665.jpeg.16b3f85a42f49771e19fb05597bd71b7.jpeg

Will be interested in hearing your opinion on MJ boots.  It has been quite a few years since I bought my last pair, but they were at least one size too big.  I should have gotten 3-4" heels instead of the 5" heels, which aren't much good for walking...  Yours look great, hope to see more close up pics...  They were priced pretty reasonably when I bought them, and the leather/quality seemed good also....

Ah come on now, no such thing as too many great cowboy boots....

On 1/24/2021 at 8:13 AM, Shyheels said:

I don’t think one has to adopt a feminine walk to move gracefully in heels, although we have been so conditioned to seeing women in heels that we therefor make the assumption that a feminine gait is a requirement to mastering heels. 

It's a kind of a fuzzy line when it comes to feminine and masculine. I believe that a fellow can walk very aggressively, but still not look ridiculous. And by ridiculous, I mean a person who is so spread out laterally that he has to turn sideways to pass through a doorway. Somebody who actually walks like that, and there are those who do, will always look awkward in heels.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It's a kind of a fuzzy line when it comes to feminine and masculine. I believe that a fellow can walk very aggressively, but still not look ridiculous. And by ridiculous, I mean a person who is so spread out laterally that he has to turn sideways to pass through a doorway. Somebody who actually walks like that, and there are those who do, will always look awkward in heels.

By masculine I do not mean agressive or in an intimidating fashion, but just a normal gait for a human being with a male hip arrangement. There is no need to alter that, to attempt to walk in a feminine fashion, still less to adopt an absurd, mincing catwalk gait 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

Giving that swaying hip action CAN be fun!. I have done it when I wanted to mess with someone's mind or as a joke (in the office environment, like when a flat-shoed female colleague askes "how can you walk in heels like that").  But it is not something I do often and it takes thought to over rotate your hips and place your foot in the proper place.

Sometimes you just need to have a playful attitude, heck, you are wearing 4 inch stilettoes knee highs, enjoy it, play with it, show it's not big deal.

Isn't whatever you wear a costume of some kind.  Say you in your biking shorts and biking top or a person in a three piece suit. I've seen many fools wearing the 3-piece suit costumes - all clothing, no brains.

To me heels are regular wear, so why can't I have fun with it?  You can't take yourself seriously 100% of the time. 

• Like 1

Indeed all clothes are a costume of some kind. Some of us want to strongly project an image with our clothes, others don't. Some want to blend in, others to stand out. For any one of us, this can change depending on the occasion.

We men who wear heels in everyday public life, whether occasionally as I do, or most of the time as some might, are outside the mainstream of men's footwear.

My last post was a bit imcomplete. The forum software may merge this into it.

If, for example, you wear 4" stiletto boots openly, then don't be surprised if you get noticed. Most women don't wear that sort of thing either and will often be noticed if they do. As an opposite example, if you wear 2.5" block heel ankle boots under trousers then you probably won't be noticed. Neither will the very many women who do likewise.

We are free to wear discreet heels, outrageous heels, or anything in between. Just expect to be seen accordingly.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Cali said:

Isn't whatever you wear a costume of some kind.  Say you in your biking shorts and biking top or a person in a three piece suit. I've seen many fools wearing the 3-piece suit costumes - all clothing, no brains.

To me heels are regular wear, so why can't I have fun with it?  You can't take yourself seriously 100% of the time. 

Good advice indeed

21 hours ago, at9 said:

If, for example, you wear 4" stiletto boots openly, then don't be surprised if you get noticed. Most women don't wear that sort of thing either and will often be noticed if they do.

Seeing nice heels out and about in my very ordinary London suburb is rare. I might see 4" stilettos once or twice per year. 2.5" block heels are commonplace. Today I saw something even more unusual. Genuine thigh high boots. Not just OTK but well up the thigh, I couldn't see the tops of them under her coat. No heel, but can't have everything. Somewhat similar to these: https://www.overknee-stiefel.net/product/long-overknee-lady-olga/

She wasn't young or stylishly dressed, though I couldn't see what was under her coat. The boots weren't highly polished. All utterly ordinary except for the boots. Had to look twice to realise that it wasn't leather or the (now very popular) fake leather trousers tucked into ankle boots.

• Like 2

Surprising I get the same reaction for my knee high leather boots as I do with my nubick  booties.

Heavy rain today, roads under water and mudslides in the burn scars, so its my knee high wine boots today (maybe the Soda booties if it keeps raining...higher platform for deeper puddles).

8 hours ago, at9 said:

Seeing nice heels out and about in my very ordinary London suburb is rare. I might see 4" stilettos once or twice per year. 2.5" block heels are commonplace. Today I saw something even more unusual. Genuine thigh high boots. Not just OTK but well up the thigh, I couldn't see the tops of them under her coat. No heel, but can't have everything. Somewhat similar to these: https://www.overknee-stiefel.net/product/long-overknee-lady-olga/

She wasn't young or stylishly dressed, though I couldn't see what was under her coat. The boots weren't highly polished. All utterly ordinary except for the boots. Had to look twice to realise that it wasn't leather or the (now very popular) fake leather trousers tucked into ankle boots.

I know what you mean.

As a guy I do like wearing high boots. I wear my crotch and knee high boots around London and elsewhere. Yes you do get noticed and get many compliments from both women and men as crotch highs are not that common. All my boots have to be custom made.

The boots in the photo are 75 cm (30 inch) tall on the inside rising to 85cm/34inch on the outside. The heels are 9cm (3.75inch high).

Really comfortable to wear these boots all day.

20201119_143858 (2).jpg

9 minutes ago, LondnBootMan said:

I know what you mean.

As a guy I do like wearing high boots. I wear my crotch and knee high boots around London and elsewhere. Yes you do get noticed and get many compliments from both women and men as crotch highs are not that common. All my boots have to be custom made.

The boots in the photo are 75 cm (30 inch) tall on the inside rising to 85cm/34inch on the outside. The heels are 9cm (3.75inch high).

Really comfortable to wear these boots all day. Bottom photo shows the top of the boots hidden by the coat nicely.

20201119_143858 (2).jpg

20201109_143519 copy.jpg

• Like 7
On 1/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, pebblesf said:

Those boots are amazing, and fit so nicely...Must feel like heaven

Its a feeling that I cannot get enough of!!!!

• Like 1
On 1/26/2021 at 7:30 PM, pebblesf said:

Will be interested in hearing your opinion on MJ boots.  It has been quite a few years since I bought my last pair, but they were at least one size too big.  I should have gotten 3-4" heels instead of the 5" heels, which aren't much good for walking...  Yours look great, hope to see more close up pics...  They were priced pretty reasonably when I bought them, and the leather/quality seemed good also....

Ah come on now, no such thing as too many great cowboy boots....

I bought two pairs from him with the exact same problem, way too big.  The second pair I put UGG insoles in and that helped but still needed very thick socks.  They were wonderful otherwise, sorry to have to let them go but not enough room in the closet with dozens of pairs that did fit.   

• Like 2
On 1/27/2021 at 12:42 PM, at9 said:

Indeed all clothes are a costume of some kind. Some of us want to strongly project an image with our clothes, others don't. Some want to blend in, others to stand out. For any one of us, this can change depending on the occasion.

We men who wear heels in everyday public life, whether occasionally as I do, or most of the time as some might, are outside the mainstream of men's footwear.

My last post was a bit imcomplete. The forum software may merge this into it.

If, for example, you wear 4" stiletto boots openly, then don't be surprised if you get noticed. Most women don't wear that sort of thing either and will often be noticed if they do. As an opposite example, if you wear 2.5" block heel ankle boots under trousers then you probably won't be noticed. Neither will the very many women who do likewise.

We are free to wear discreet heels, outrageous heels, or anything in between. Just expect to be seen accordingly.

I have been figuring as much for years, and it has helped me feel more comfortable wearing what I want to wear. I figure if a woman wore exactly what I usually wear, she'd probably get noticed, perhaps even more than I do. Perhaps not so much in the winter, but definitely in the summer.

• Like 2