Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

They don't look that high. Hopefully if you can get of the perceived higher than normal height for you, you'll be okay wearing them.

All I can tell you is that they are higher than the chunky heel loafers that I usually wear when in public by at least 1/2 inch, and I can certainly feel the difference when I walk in them. It forces more of a knee bend than I would prefer, or the other result is a slapping down of the front of teh foot that I not only dislike, but is also causes some discomfort in the ball of the foot area. We'll see how these go though.

And again another pair of boots from e-bay, any comments greatfully accepted.

Nice colour, they'd look great with denim too. Definitely need a dab of methylated spirit to clean up the soles. Will they get an outing soon?

If you like it, wear it.

...It forces more of a knee bend than I would prefer, or the other result is a slapping down of the front of the foot that I not only dislike, but is also causes some discomfort in the ball of the foot area...

Greetings Ronc :-)

You may already know this but if you don't, give it a try.

Take shorter steps (not bending your knees too much / almost straight) and sway your hips while walking.

(Just a little bit. No need to sway as much as women do...:wavey:)

Doing so, your higher heels will be much more comfortable to wear.

Very nice boots legs777777 :-)

A $50000 question to all boot lovers ( Me included :wavey: )

- Is there a cure or treatment to prevent us from always buying more boots ?

Yes - two: (a) bankruptcy; (B) amputation. :)

Very nice boots legs777777 :-)

A $50000 question to all boot lovers ( Me included :wavey: )

- Is there a cure or treatment to prevent us from always buying more boots ?

A treatment or cure, no. But Legs777777 gave the answer already:

"Last new pair of boots, before I get locked up for buying to many pairs" (-;

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Bought these Aldo Alcosiba ankle boots recently in size 41. They have a small hidden platform up front and a 5.5" metal heel. The heel is unusually thin (about 5mm diam). Today I took them out in public to test them out today. I wore jeans that showed almost all the heel. They are a little tight on me right now, however they are smooth and good to walk in. The heel despite being really thin feels good & solid. I took a trip around the shops and browsed heels in a few shops. As usual I got almost no reaction from people, but the sales girl in one shop was busy tidying the shoes on the racks and kept moving around to keep a good view of me whilst stealing looks at my boots. Beyond asking me if I needed help she didn't comment. A little later I returned to the hotel I was staying at and decided to get a drink and a sandwich at the bar. I sat at the bar on a high stool for about 45 minutes with my heels in full view. It was busy with maybe 75 people sitting in groups around tables or at the bar. I was expecting some looks or comments , but nothing. The heels despite being thin are plastic capped (right now) so fortunately don't damage wooden floors, however they do seem to cut more effortlessly than "normal stilettos" through other things I've accidently trodden on.

post-22018-133522973111_thumb.jpg

Bought these Aldo Alcosiba ankle boots recently in size 41. They have a small hidden platform up front and a 5.5" metal heel. The heel is unusually thin (about 5mm diam).

Today I took them out in public to test them out today. I wore jeans that showed almost all the heel. They are a little tight on me right now, however they are smooth and good to walk in. The heel despite being really thin feels good & solid.

I took a trip around the shops and browsed heels in a few shops. As usual I got almost no reaction from people, but the sales girl in one shop was busy tidying the shoes on the racks and kept moving around to keep a good view of me whilst stealing looks at my boots. Beyond asking me if I needed help she didn't comment. A little later I returned to the hotel I was staying at and decided to get a drink and a sandwich at the bar. I sat at the bar on a high stool for about 45 minutes with my heels in full view. It was busy with maybe 75 people sitting in groups around tables or at the bar. I was expecting some looks or comments , but nothing.

The heels despite being thin are plastic capped (right now) so fortunately don't damage wooden floors, however they do seem to cut more effortlessly than "normal stilettos" through other things I've accidently trodden on.

Great boots and great account of you heeling them in public. Thanks for the share.

Just bought these the other day. From eBay. Arriving tomorrow. Lovely

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76302142@N04/6849304641/in/photostream/

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

@iamduff - thanks :wavey: @CRabbit haha yeah, they are rather aggressive, I'll get some less aggressive heels in time :) it is a lot easier to walk in them then I thought though, but I did almost learn the hard way that trying to text on cellphone and walk in them at the same time = bad idea xD

Purchased these from Aldo today after seeing them on the internet.

I fell in love with the heel shape... :wavey:

They did not have any in stock for me to see so I ordered them.

Can't wait to see them for real and wear them !

Got to admit daniel those boots look stunning

Purchased these from Aldo today after seeing them on the internet.

I fell in love with the heel shape... :wavey:

They did not have any in stock for me to see so I ordered them.

Can't wait to see them for real and wear them !

They are really nice, please post some real pictures soon!!!

Bye