Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

Beegirl, WELCOME to the HHPlace!! :grin: Your story is very nice and I, for one, appreciate sharing your experience with us all. It is good to hear you are accepting of your husband's fetish and, through your acceptance, I hope it brings many years of happiness to you both! You are both so lucky to be the same size shoe. My wife and I are very different sizes so 'sharing' is not an option. ;-) But it is nice when we can find matching pairs of heels and wear them out together :w00t2: For you to be able to purchase shoes for him, knowing they'll fit from trying them on yourself, is a great advantage you have!! I am sorry to hear of the concern for him to wear heels publicly in your country. That is certainly sad but I'm sure, with a little bit of caution, you can find somewhere he can express himself without too much trouble. (You list your country as rsa so I's guessing former Russia??) Again, thank you for sharing your experiences and feelings here. Please invite him to join us as as well, as there is much to learn from like-minded people here at HHPlace.org!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Beegirl - thanks for your positive outlook! It goes a long way. May you be an example for others who would follow in your footsteps.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

My hubby told me after 5 years about his fetish, the first reaction was "you must be joking", as he said he is serious, I did not want anything to do with it, but my opinion did change in time as I did some searches and saw he is not the only man that have this fetish, wel I am working on accepting the fact, and accept that this is what he is, I was surprise when I saw the shoes that he was hiding from me. Now we visit shoe shops together, I may say, our tast is a little bit different, but I do know what he likes, now I know why he always was buying me shoes, it was actually to feed his fetish need as I did not know yet.

I saw some nice shoes that I knew he would like and really wanted to buy him for valentine to show that I am ok with it, but they did not have it in his size, the best of this all is we are the same shoe size, so now I just wonder what is he doing when he is alone at home!!!!

I LOVE him to bits, and in a way feel sorry for him as it can not be easy that he can not life his love for shoes out in the open in our country.

Thank God that there are women out there with such an open and understanding mind!!! ;-)

"Never below 4" and always spiky"

Thanks for all the welcome words, and my hubby is already on the forum, he introduce it to me as nobody knows about the fetish and sometimes I have questions to ask and need more than one outlook on things. RSA is Republic of South Africa, so I think its a very conservative contry. But we are on the look out for ways to make it happen, in the mean time the heels is for the room. Beleive me its not a very easy fetish to accept as I was brought up very narrow minded, so to think out of the box is for me a big adjustment mind wise, but I love my hubby and know that if the roles was twisted he would have stand by me.

Hi Beegirl, You sound great! Think of it as a hobby rather than a fetish and it might be easier to get along with. I've known people with far more destructive and downright nasty fetishes. My girlfriend and I have the same size feet and that wasn't by accident. Now we share shoes and have quite a few matching pairs. It's a strange, strange world and loving shoes is just one of the better slices of the cake. Good luck, Ben

Hi Beegirl,

You sound great! Think of it as a hobby rather than a fetish and it might be easier to get along with. I've known people with far more destructive and downright nasty fetishes.

My girlfriend and I have the same size feet and that wasn't by accident. Now we share shoes and have quite a few matching pairs.

It's a strange, strange world and loving shoes is just one of the better slices of the cake.

Good luck,

Ben

Thanks Ben, I really needed to hear that, and I will def start looking at it as a hobby,

;-)

I avoided replying to this post for sometime, eventually I was prompted by someone to answer it. I'm really not sure what other women would do if males began wearing heels as a part of normal dress. I'm not sure that I would bother wearing them much anymore. I feel that heels are a sacred bastion of femininity. Of course I wouldn't resent men wearing them as I strongly believe that we should all be free to do as we wish unless it's harmful to others. I wouldn't mind seeing the odd guy wearing them here and there but not mainstream. But hey, I am old fashioned and conservative at heart. High heels in my mind are very feminine like it or not and men can only give that impression. That's fine. Men have a feminine side too. I wouldn't want any man of mine to present a public image like that. I prefer to feel protected and invulnerable and no man wearing stilettos will manage to make me feel that way at his side.

I voted that women like it because I have not, as yet, been confronted with anything other than praise and wonderment. A few giggles along the way are to be expected. A woman, in the heels I wear, would get whistles and giggles too so what's the difference?Hey! Amanda Snake...Do you get whistles?

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

The answers to this topic are somewhat predictable.

And the survey results are as well, skewed as they are by men voting to reinforce their own opinions, or the many TS or men pretending to be women on this site who will again vote to reinforce their preference.

I can tell you what the true answer is, and this is gained from many years ACTUALLY wearing heels in public as a guy, not from a skewed poll on a special interest forum, or some bedroom dreams.

Probably 50% or women are indifferent, 35% are opposed and the rest approve in some small or large way. Results will no doubt vary across countries. I'm quite prepared to believe that in very conservative countries 50-75% of women would be opposed. Probably also opposed to women wearing heels too in some places.

Most people are sheep. They follow the media, they follow how they have been brought up. They follow what they see and what they are told. But most of all they just follow. Many people are incapable of thinking for themselves. Those that can see through the fog, that they have subconsciously been indoctrinated with, are those who are worth knowing.

The media paints a picture of a slim woman in heels and hits you with it every 5 minutes on advertising boards, TV, internet etc etc. This is how babies learn what is "attractive" by taking snapshots of different faces and creating a norm. This process is hardwired in our brains and part of survival to learn to associate with one's own people in order to better survive and/or reproduce in the ape and caveman worlds

Anyone who has advanced beyond this stage of human development to appreciate a slightly more modern world deserves full credit.

I'll add a small rider to my post and say that actually the average woman in the street is more positive about men wearing heels than the man in the street is. It's the women it seems, who are generally better at thinging through the fog of indoctrination on this particular issue. While they are much more likely to be indifferent than in favour, there is not the breadth of caveman-like, testosterone fueled, irrational homophobia you see expressed in many men.

Yes, Firefox, you are right. Apathy rules in general, but remember that all people will sooner make a compliment than a criticism. It is normal to want to spread happiness and I have not yet been approached by someone wanting to be rude. So my perception of the matter is skewed to? M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

@ FIREFOX two great posts, and spot on!! very well put!! that is exactly the biggest obstacle to men in heels, peoples and societies perception created over the years to form an opinion of what is normal and what is not!!

It's the women it seems, who are generally better at thinging through the fog of indoctrination on this particular issue. While they are much more likely to be indifferent than in favour, there is not the breadth of caveman-like, testosterone fueled, irrational homophobia you see expressed in many men.

While I agree with you in principle that women can be supportive, it's also the women on other fashion forums who've been the most outspoken against heels. Could be that data is skewed, too, as no decent caveman-like, testosterone fueld, irrationally homophobe would be caught dead on a fashion site, right? ;-)

On the other hand, it could be that when it comes to fashion, men are more comforming to narrow standards than are women.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

It isn't a secret. In fact, it's told and retold to each and everyone of us beginning at birth. Every species posses characteristics that make them more attractive to their species opposite sex. Some male birds, for instance, dance, hoot, sing, spread their wings, etc., displaying the characteristics unique to their species, to entice the females into believing that they are the best of the best and they, the females, can't go wrong selecting them to become their mate. The better performing males get chosen first. Human females also choose their mate based on characteristics displayed by pursuers. Characteristics displayed usually include displaying mannerisms associated with being "manly" and usually do not include any feminine characteristics, at all. Paramount purpose, of course, being "survival of the fittest and propagation of the species." Fathering, providing for and protecting being the basic considerations. Therefore, I think it's foolish of any of us to think that we can overcome eons of "basic," inborn and inbred instincts that have existed in humans since man crawled out of the sea and learned to live on dry land. To me, if we can just get our spouses to accept our proclivity to wear high heels -- and, perhaps some other items of attire usually reserved for females -- that's about all that we can realistically do. Which doesn't mean that we should cease trying to persuade general society that it is OK for men to wear heels. It's an uphill battle. And, we're stuck with it. ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My wife insists I wear my heels when we go anywhere or she won't wear her's. She always asks what shoes am I wearing and most the time i let her pic. It's always a good choice.

real men wear heels

My wife insists I wear my heels when we go anywhere or she won't wear her's. She always asks what shoes am I wearing and most the time i let her pic. It's always a good choice.

I hope my wife and I can be where you and yours are at soon.

While I agree with you in principle that women can be supportive, it's also the women on other fashion forums who've been the most outspoken against heels. Could be that data is skewed, too, as no decent caveman-like, testosterone fueld, irrationally homophobe would be caught dead on a fashion site, right?

Yes that data is definitely skewed too! On many "fashion" boards I've seen the majority of people posting are women, and a large number of them quite ill-educated teenage single mums with a lot of time on their hands. So the responses will tend to fit the readership. It's a massive generalisation I know, but general user profiles go together with many special interest sites.

The best way to get a more accurate impression is to go out wearing heels and meet a broad cross section of people in shops, offices, pubs, family, and social groups. Then you'll form a picture across a wide range of demographics, the same way as they conduct real life polls.

Some interesting points have been made, but without reference to the complete outfit worn isn't this is an unfinished question? Maybe the question should be rephrased 'Do some women like men that have the desire to do/wear something different and pioneering?' To me shoes are only part of an outfit.

Some interesting points have been made, but without reference to the complete outfit worn isn't this is an unfinished question?

Maybe the question should be rephrased

'Do some women like men that have the desire to do/wear something different and pioneering?'

To me shoes are only part of an outfit.

They are part of an outfit to me as well, but they are quite a departure from normal wear so seem to raise questions on their own.

I'd definitley say the ones who positively want something different or pioneering form the minority. Most take comfort in the staus quo, as has already been discussed.

The reservations the indifferent woman seem to have are 1. Does it mean you are gay? 2. Won't the world fall in if we go out and you're wearing those? Once they've realised the answer to both those is "no" the shoes become pretty much a matter of indifference.

The arguments the opposed women have are 1. Religious 2. Social role play "I want someone strong to protect me" 3. Social norm. "You can do what you want in the house but I want do the same as everyone else in public." 4. Selfish "We women should have something we can wear exclusively."

Religious arguments have no logic so you can't really argue against them. Those people are best left to their own devices. Social role play requires thinking outside the box, and those feelings are strong in some people. It's the caveman type scenario of comfort and well being and even sexual attraction which is hardwired into some people. Amanda Snake mentioned that. You have to respect it, but there is some opportunity for those people to change their outlook a little and enjoy a broader view of roles. I think guys in heels and the right outfits can still be very masculine and strong.

Social norms again requires thinking outside the box. Some people aren't capable of doing that or just want a quiet life so there's not too much to be done there in some cases. The last one makes me laugh. It may have been true in the 1950's, but considering woman have expanded their own choices to encompass wearing trousers, suits, and having high powered careers then it falls flat. More power to the women that have done this; I believe in equality, but they can't have their cake and eat it, so the argument carries no weight in today's world.

For some reason this thread reminder me of being a teenager in a National Trust country house with my Dad and his then girlfriend. I was looking in the gift shop for something for my Mum's birthday. Dad's girlfriend suggested I buy a set of traditional jams* because ALL Mothers like jam. *Jam is Jello in Britain.

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents: No, they won't. Heels are "Sacred" to them, and something that shouldn't Ever be taken away from them. Not saying we should stop what we do, but once again. That was just my two cents in. I would go deeper, but it's late for me, heh heh. And I'm bushed -.-

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

That I dont know, but everyone knows that norwegian women dont drink very much..:winkiss: This is a forum about fetish clothes, but I have also chat with people on other forums where women are positive about men in heels as long as the heels are not the stiletto type. But its not really about what other people think, is it? Its about what you and me like and what you and me accept...then the rest of the people around us should mind there own business.