Jump to content

Outfits you wear to the bars and clubs


Recommended Posts


I can think of quite a few pubs, without half trying, where it would not be the wisest idea in the world to pop in for a beer while wearing that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great outift, great look, and I can think of 1 local place that this would be perfect, but like Shyheels says also a number where this would be ill advised.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bars and Clubs???  ha ha ha.....   I quit going to bars and clubs 20 years ago..  I'm too old and (according to the wife, no fun anymore - smile)....   But, I still do proudly wear high heels when out to dinner, shopping, social events and otherwise having fun.  Except for the past two weeks, ugh.  Of course I'm making light.  Have fun in the bars and clubs, but NOT until we get past this wuhan virus mess.  Stay isolated, Stay safe....  sf  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SF said:

Bars and Clubs???  ha ha ha.....   I quit going to bars and clubs 20 years ago..  I'm too old and (according to the wife, no fun anymore - smile)....   But, I still do proudly wear high heels when out to dinner, shopping, social events and otherwise having fun.  Except for the past two weeks, ugh.  Of course I'm making light.  Have fun in the bars and clubs, but NOT until we get past this wuhan virus mess.  Stay isolated, Stay safe....  sf  

A man after my own heart! The only time you'll ever find me in a bar is if we're working 8 hour days, and the lads and I stop after work for a quick one (and I mean ONE, we all have families and obligations) after work on Friday. Guess THAT won't be happening for a while. I cannot imagine wearing something that outlandish.  .  . ever. But then, I'm oldish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well - - Nice outfit - - - Not good for anyplace I can get too

VFW, American Legion, The Elks - - - - Yep - - Out in the stick !!

And now we are under lockdown - - - - The bar of George Thorogood.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Heelster said:

Well - - Nice outfit - - - Not good for anyplace I can get too

VFW, American Legion, The Elks - - - - Yep - - Out in the stick !!

And now we are under lockdown - - - - The bar of George Thorogood.

 

Do you have to maintain a 6 ft. distance between you and both of Johnnie Walker's brothers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

A man after my own heart! The only time you'll ever find me in a bar is if we're working 8 hour days, and the lads and I stop after work for a quick one (and I mean ONE, we all have families and obligations) after work on Friday. Guess THAT won't be happening for a while. I cannot imagine wearing something that outlandish.  .  . ever. But then, I'm oldish.

Me too. We have pubs, not bars, but if I go it’s at lunchtime, usually a Sunday, for a pint and a pie with my wife. And neither of us are wearing thigh boots 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apple or cherry pie??  My favorite is rhubarb, mmmm....   smile...    sf

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 7:45 AM, mlroseplant said:

Do you have to maintain a 6 ft. distance between you and both of Johnnie Walker's brothers?

Evan Williams and Jim Beam are like family !!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 1:24 AM, Thighboots4 said:

6D03DCD0-BDB0-4A21-A71C-F8E155842ED3.png

Club Corona has a strict dresscode, so I might keep my distance from such an outfit :biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heelster said:

Evan Williams and Jim Beam are like family !!

 

Not to mention Tom Collins and Harvey Wallbanger 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkirtDude said:

Club Corona has a strict dresscode, so I might keep my distance from such an outfit :biggrin:

With the 6 foot social distancing guidelines, maybe Billy Porter’s outfit will become more socially acceptable:

image.thumb.jpeg.d7e02e4247c1e64f5edb81916bf9b230.jpeg

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I did a lot of clubbing , I always wore a wide leg pair of jeans and some type of sweater or tunic . Depending on the season .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could wear an outfit like in my avatar to a nightclub. As for bars that is a different thing. Many, it not most, bars in Wisconsin are local watering holes with loyal followings and are pretty staid as to fashion statements. A nightclub on the other hand tends to invite wilder fashion. Like most here though I really do not do the nightclub scene. I have been to a few outdoor weddings in heels and completely dressed and a few social gatherings at people's houses over the years but that is quite different from clubbing. I'd think this activity is the domain of the single people or soon-to-be single people. :giggle: HappyinHeels

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

I could wear an outfit like in my avatar to a nightclub. As for bars that is a different thing. Many, it not most, bars in Wisconsin are local watering holes with loyal followings and are pretty staid as to fashion statements. A nightclub on the other hand tends to invite wilder fashion. Like most here though I really do not do the nightclub scene. I have been to a few outdoor weddings in heels and completely dressed and a few social gatherings at people's houses over the years but that is quite different from clubbing. I'd think this activity is the domain of the single people or soon-to-be single people. :giggle: HappyinHeels

I’m interested to know what heels you have worn to outdoor weddings, how did it go, I have only done this one as seen in a few pics I’ve posted on here :fine:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have worn dressier high wedge sandals exclusively. Once with a dress and fully made up as it was requested and the other with slacks and a floral top. Both times were enjoyable and not an issue. One would have to have some serious brain damage to insult someone else at an invited event. You'' never know how much fun you can have until you try. That's my message. HinH:fine:

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, Cali said:

Do you still have protect those bottles aged 50+ years?

Actually, I do have a Jim Beam (partial) that is 50+ years old, and yes, it does age well !!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.