Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Tech

HHPlace is 17 Today

Recommended Posts

Happy Birthday to us...

Happy Birthday to us....

Happy Birthday dear HHPlace Community....

Happy Birthday to us....

HHPlace is today officially 17 Years old!

The community has come a long long way in the last 17 years and knowing all of the original founders, one of whom was a good friend back then too when he passed the community over to me to look after (13 years ago) has been a lot of fun and at times, a bumpy ride... I only wish that in the last 17 years, wearing shoes would not still be such a taboo. You would actually be considered more of an oddball if you were barefoot!

We can however celebrate that several members here are on a daily basis proving to the world that its actually not an issue and its simply the fear in your own heads that are holding you back.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the whole community here, thanks everyone for reading and contributing, and to Tech for looking after things for so long!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big thank you to Tech for keeping the show running for all those years.

I remember going to one or two meetups in London. Must have been over 10 years ago. Tech was certainly at one of them. As was Dr Shoe - I wonder what happened to him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, at9 said:

I wonder what happened to him

He became a woman and went off to live his life as Tara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy birthday - and I second (or third) the thank-yous for seeing the site so well run. It is a remarkably friendly forum and populated by a lot of interesting people from all walks of life. I have certainly found my time well spent and thought provoking and have made some good friends. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, well done guys, congrats!

I have only been hereabout 2 years (virtually to the day!), and its been a good ride so far!

here's to the next 17 years (we'll all be old men by then!) :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Happy Birthday and Thank You for keeping this site going! I hope wearing heels quits being taboo in my lifetime, so I’ll keep on working at it on my end!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Funny.  While Reviewing a posting on YouTube Last  evening about the LGBT community, I thought about Dr. Shoe.  I remember back when he was vary active here and our many interesting exchanges. He was interested in building/making footwear.  I believe he even attended a couple of schools that dealt with shoe making.  

At that time, he was one of our members that really could pass as being female when dressed. I would venture that Tech could, if he had time, retrieve the picture of him as a young Tara from our archives.  I specifically recall the period when he was transitioning and, it appeared to me at least, how difficult and confusing the process was.  I seem to recall him mentioning some problems he was having with his ex-wife, children and, not surprisingly, his at the time boyfriend.  

The time frame for all of this might have been around 2010 or so. Don’t hold  the date against me if I’m wrong. I really don’t  exactly remember. I’ve often wondered whatever happened to him and how he was doing as I have about some other old timers from that early era.

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seventeen years, eh? Wow! How time flies when you’re having fun!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, at9 said:

Big thank you to Tech for keeping the show running for all those years.

I remember going to one or two meetups in London. Must have been over 10 years ago. Tech was certainly at one of them. As was Dr Shoe - I wonder what happened to him.

I second this.  A big thanks to Tech for years of continuous effort.  Praise well deserved.

And speaking of meets!  Those were the days at The Miller!

 

5 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Funny.  While Reviewing a posting on YouTube Last  evening about the LGBT community, I thought about Dr. Shoe.  I remember back when he was vary active here and our many interesting exchanges. He was interested in building/making footwear.  I believe he even attended a couple of schools that dealt with shoe making.  

At that time, he was one of our members that really could pass as being female when dressed. I would venture that Tech could, if he had time, retrieve the picture of him as a young Tara from our archives.  I specifically recall the period when he was transitioning and, it appeared to me at least, how difficult and confusing the process was.  I seem to recall him mentioning some problems he was having with his ex-wife, children and, not surprisingly, his at the time boyfriend.  

The time frame for all of this might have been around 2010 or so. Don’t hold  the date against me if I’m wrong. I really don’t  exactly remember. I’ve often wondered whatever happened to him and how he was doing as I have about some other old timers from that early era.

Such good memories from those years.  I'm a little nostalgic for those times, when our forum was breaking new ground before social media like twitter, facebook, or instagram came along.  They were times filled with hope.

Didn't know that Tara actually transitioned.  Also curious how she's come along.

 

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Seventeen years, eh? Wow! How time flies when you’re having fun!

Unbelievable right!?  

P.S. I was just in Rittenhouse Square last week!  Hoped to spot a JeffB sighting, but alas no luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 4:51 AM, kneehighs said:

Unbelievable right!?  

P.S. I was just in Rittenhouse Square last week!  Hoped to spot a JeffB sighting, but alas no luck.

Really? Bummer! It would've been cool to have met you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think hh place is slightly older than 17, as the first heel meet I went on was may 2002 in Cambridge, I attended two other world heel meets in London one in 2007 and the other in 2009, but I recall visiting this site in 1999 and may be before when it was the good old dial up days, poss it was not called hh place in the early days as I cannot remember.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before HHPlace started (In 2002) it was a delphi forums or something, one of those free ones, I forget its name exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Thanks Tech for your input, I only know my first post was June 2002 I used another sign in name then I believe the guy who run this site was based in Reading, I spoke to him in 1998 or there abouts.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Birthday HHP. As a military commander might tell his unit; "Congratulations on a job well done". That is what I would say to Tech for 13 years of dedicated service. Yes, you are right there are several members here who have, through their own example of doing and writing, experiencing and documenting, the wearing of heels by men can be fun and liberating and they found the only heretofore obstacle to doing it was the mental barrier they had erected in their head. No sky was falling and no bogeymen jumped out of the bushes. If the website continues to inspire other men then it will have continued to have fulfilled its goal of bringing people together through understanding. OMG, I'm starting to sound like a community organiser.Seriously though,  I thank Tech for being the community organiser we all needed. HappyinHeels

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little late to the game, as usual, but I will chime in also and thank you Tech, for keeping this place running. I do not know what merged or transformed into what, but I was around during the Jenny days, circa 2000 or so, and I remember @Bubba136 and he remembers me. The difference is, I wasn't a public wearer back in those days, I was barely a private wearer. It took me another 12 years to get that sorted out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.