Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

I don't like winter. I much prefer sandals to boots. But each day is one day closer to spring, so I trudge through snow knowing that it will eventually give way to warm weather ahead.

But as long as I HAVE to put up with winter, I've at least made the best of it, wearing my delightful Clarks "Ruby Sparkle" black leather side-zip stacked 3" heel boots which are warm, comfortable, and easy for walking long distances. Ruby Sparkle is a slight misnomer, as they are neither ruby nor do they sparkle. After some investigation I found out who gives the official names to styles of shoes - they are people who flunked out of the nail polish naming academy! LOL

:giggle:

Steve

Clarks Ruby Sparkle.jpg

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

I found out who gives the official names to styles of shoes - they are people who flunked out of the nail polish naming academy! LOL

Don't they also have to be blind as well?

• Like 1

No, those are the ones who give names to paint colours...

5 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

I don't like winter. I much prefer sandals to boots. But each day is one day closer to spring, so I trudge through snow knowing that it will eventually give way to warm weather ahead.

But as long as I HAVE to put up with winter, I've at least made the best of it, wearing my delightful Clarks "Ruby Sparkle" black leather side-zip stacked 3" heel boots which are warm, comfortable, and easy for walking long distances. Ruby Sparkle is a slight misnomer, as they are neither ruby nor do they sparkle. After some investigation I found out who gives the official names to styles of shoes - they are people who flunked out of the nail polish naming academy! LOL

Steve

Clarks Ruby Sparkle.jpg

I thought those were the Wivked Witch of the West’s winter boots...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like you ae making the most of this nice boot-wearing weather! Who needs spring?

Boots are certainly easiest to wear without calling too much attention to yourself, and also easiest to find. I've found a pair of shoe boots that should be OK as the weather warms up. Apart from the pointy toes they don't look toooo feminine. Pictures of both below. The wedges are less than half an inch wide, but the cuban heels are more like an inch.

Pict2144a.jpg

PICT1937b.jpg

• Like 3

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, Steve63130 said:

Steve

Clarks Ruby Sparkle.jpg

Those look great, Steve - Enjoy wearing them while the sun is still hiding!

22 hours ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Boots are certainly easiest to wear without calling too much attention to yourself, and also easiest to find. I've found a pair of shoe boots that should be OK as the weather warms up. Apart from the pointy toes they don't look toooo feminine. Pictures of both below. The wedges are less than half an inch wide, but the cuban heels are more like an inch.

Pict2144a.jpg

PICT1937b.jpg

These are really nice Tacchi. Looking at the Cubans, I would hardly believe they are 4"... but they are! As you say, it just the pointed heel that kind of give them away. I am sure they make a nice solid thumb as you walk... 

Those wedge boots now are a different story altogether... I understand these are the ones you wore the other night out with your wife? They are really stunning! They look closer to a 4.5-5" heel? So jealous (both of them boots and going out wearing them with your wife!)

Good morning all!

This morning my wife was going out, asked if she could wear the new black OTK I mentioned above - I said sure, and off she went, looking fab.  I decided to try the brown ones on, and borrowed a pair of jeggings - I very much liked the look!! and I must say how delightful it felt to wear the jeggings - keeping me very warm all the way up!

And while I had on the jeggings, though I'd try on some other styles and see how they look. 

Right now, I'm working wearing my brown heeled boots, with about a 4" heel and a slight platform - from Fioni at  Payless. They're in my album too if anyone is interested!

Have a great day everyone 

20180117_100710.jpg

20180117_100649.jpg

20180117_100603.jpg

20180117_100636.jpg

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 3

Jeremy, I put a ruler against the Cuban heels as someone else queried the height! The others are exactly the same height - 4 inches. It's the toes that are pointy - on both pairs. You can probably see from the bottom of the wedge why I suspect it, and not the heel itself, was hitting the uneven surface and slipping.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

1 minute ago, Tacchi Alti said:

Jeremy, I put a ruler against the Cuban heels as someone else queried the height! The others are exactly the same height - 4 inches. It's the toes that are pointy - on both pairs. You can probably see from the bottom of the wedge why I suspect it, and not the heel itself, was hitting the uneven surface and slipping.

Yes - I see what you mean. They are a great pair to wear... and lovely you could "lean on" your wife! 

• 1 month later...

Hiya all,

Long time no hear... I haven't heeled in almost a month, been having some challenges at home (not heel related) and I just haven't had the motivation to put them on.

Today I felt like doing it, and have enjoyed it again so far! I wore my wife's flat tan leather boots for a while (more on that below), and then changed to my pull-on high heel tassle boots, seen here  - 

large.20170302_115747.jpg.cebee3d5754bbb3ca4a78fa269a92817.jpg

and they surprised me by pulling straight on over my skinny jeans and socks. I haven't worn them in ages and forgot how lovely they feel. 

My wife came home before from running some errands, saw me wearing them after she hasn't seen me in heels for ages, smiled in some kind of an amused way and said "ooowa" and looked at them a few times during our conversation. We have been through a lot over the last few weeks and things are very sensitive right now. its going to take a long time to fix the issues that have come up, but I am hopeful that it can be done. I guess not wanting to heel during this time might be not wanting to complicate things further, but at the end of the day, its just that I didn't feel like doing it. 

Anyway - back to the tan flats.  They are real leather, bought from M&S I think, size 9 UK and are a really great fit. They are actually my wife's and she has worn them for years (you can see the leather kinda needs some TLC -- any suggestions?). She pretty much lives in them during the cold winter days and I can definitely see why, seen as they fit so well. I find myself becoming a little more interested in flat boots lately (am I getting old??) and even bought my first pair of OTK boots recently - which were flat. I guess they are just less of an issue to throw on, casually. Though worry not - my love for heel still burns strong!

These have very different sound to that of high heels - a more high pitched clupping, rather than click clock... am sure you know what I mean. Seen here with my dark skinny jeans tucked in. Still gotta master that part... not having them pull out when I stand/walk. 

20180219_131330.jpg

20180219_131231.jpg

20180219_131251.jpg

20180219_131303.jpg

20180219_131318.jpg

• Like 6

On 1/18/2018 at 7:32 AM, subtle said:

That ruler is in metric they are only 4cm.

The ruler is in inches. Metric would have 10 steps between cm's and this has 8, 1/2 inch. 1/4 and 1/8 inch marks.

Nice tassels on the boots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Looking great buddy, it is so cool you fit into the wife's boots....

More importantly, our thoughts are with you and the wife, I'm confident you can work through these tough times, all the best to you both...

Thanks @pebblesf. Yes - quite lucky on the sizing! She's even worn some of mine on a couple of occasions. Though I have definitely worn hers more :cheeky: 

And thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.
Its funny, one never really knows what's going on in someone's home...  I know that, because most people - even close neighbours and friends, have no clue of the issue we are going through... 

• Like 1

Steve63130,

You may bemoan winter but those those chunky heel boots could also be the universal sidewalk ice breakers the town of Granville has been looking for? Yet another source of income in your golden years??? Once spring does come you flatten out your yard with wedge heels and finally come the start of the growing season slip on those stiletto heels to aerate that same lawn. Who says all the yard tools are in the shed! HappyinHeels   

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Thanks @pebblesf. Yes - quite lucky on the sizing! She's even worn some of mine on a couple of occasions. Though I have definitely worn hers more :cheeky: 

And thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.
Its funny, one never really knows what's going on in someone's home...  I know that, because most people - even close neighbours and friends, have no clue of the issue we are going through... 

You both are better off dealing with your issues on your own, although it is nice to have a close friend that you can confide in and trust...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, long time no write... 

So we've been doing some spring cleaning at home lately... last night I see a box of shoes by the door of our bedroom - some choice flat and heeled shoes of my wife there. And in her cupboard, where they used to be, I see her other pairs all nicely laid out.... so I'm thinking what's going on (really just dreading the answer!)?? So I ask her what the box of shoes is, and she says she is throwing them out, as she thinks she'll never wear them again!  And I'm thinking to myself "Oh no!!" . And then she says maybe she will leave some for our younger daughters to play with. So I say to her that some of them she has never actually worn ever... she says she knows, but "they are not her [style] anymore". I realize that if I don't say anything about it now, I might lose my chance forever for these... (Recall that my wife and I are virtually the same size in shoes). So I ask her, pretty much gathering up as much courage I could on the spot...  "Can I keep some of them?" and she immediately answers a simple and straight "yes".

So tell me - is this a small gift from heaven, or a potential blow up situation???

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Hi all, long time no write... 

So we've been doing some spring cleaning at home lately... last night I see a box of shoes by the door of our bedroom - some choice flat and heeled shoes of my wife there. And in her cupboard, where they used to be, I see her other pairs all nicely laid out.... so I'm thinking what's going on (really just dreading the answer!)?? So I ask her what the box of shoes is, and she says she is throwing them out, as she thinks she'll never wear them again!  And I'm thinking to myself "Oh no!!" . And then she says maybe she will leave some for our younger daughters to play with. So I say to her that some of them she has never actually worn ever... she says she knows, but "they are not her [style] anymore". I realize that if I don't say anything about it now, I might lose my chance forever for these... (Recall that my wife and I are virtually the same size in shoes). So I ask her, pretty much gathering up as much courage I could on the spot...  "Can I keep some of them?" and she immediately answers a simple and straight "yes".

So tell me - is this a small gift from heaven, or a potential blow up situation???

Well, first off, great job speaking up and not just keeping to yourself....

I guess the answer relies on the tone of her voice when she said "yes".  Did she say anything else?  If the answer was actually a simple and straight "yes", than I am thinking she is OK with it, or at least willing to accept your love of heels and let "you be you"....

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Well, first off, great job speaking up and not just keeping to yourself....

I guess the answer relies on the tone of her voice when she said "yes".  Did she say anything else?  If the answer was actually a simple and straight "yes", than I am thinking she is OK with it, or at least willing to accept your love of heels and let "you be you"....

Agreed. She was in the other room, so I didn't see her facial expression. But from the tone of her voice I didn't pick up any animosity or anything. Just after, I asked her to wait for me to look at them before her actually tossing them, and she said OK. So I'm guessing she might be OK with it. 

1 minute ago, Cali said:

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas........

hehe - thanks! 

Funny thing -on our neighborhood facebook group, someone else as doing some cleaning, and said they are putting out a bag of shoes by their house for the taking... Just looking, I would have probably rushed over to grab them, had she nit said they were size 37 :cheeky: 

here is the pic she posted. That pair of wedges looks great. Wonder what other surprises were inside! 

29665451_10157284616563574_1194589234249798238_o.thumb.jpg.1b551ea4b2b4c81b1fc8fcba3c004206.jpg

4 minutes ago, heretic_666 said:

Agreed. The style of shoes in question are interesting?

some, yes!

Some simple flat sandals (some are very cute) - a bunch of heels (that I used to LOVE, but they have aged a little not being stored well, and also - I have my own now), as well as some lovely wedges I am hoping to keep -  also,  some 3" heel sandals that have never been worn!

Here is one of the wedges in question - 

large.20170730_025046.jpg.564baeab91e8a794bf11f234537e210f.jpg

• Like 2