Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

I know what you mean about never leaving work - it is always there, ever present. It has challenges with kids at home - mine (now teenagers) have grown up with me working from home - but it also has advantages too, in the you are always around. My work is complicated by overseas assignments - although there are fewer of those these days as the magazine world tightens up, and even corporations aren't spending quite so freely on photography.  

20 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Today's work-wear (from home)

velvet pumps with a 4" contrast heel, from New Look

20180110_141101.jpg

20180110_141114.jpg

20180110_141126.jpg

20180110_141139.jpg

Absolutely awesome! Shoes like those I would DEFINITELY wear out and about on an outing!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just now, Shyheels said:

I know what you mean about never leaving work - it is always there, ever present. It has challenges with kids at home - mine (now teenagers) have grown up with me working from home - but it also has advantages too, in the you are always around. My work is complicated by overseas assignments - although there are fewer of those these days as the magazine world tightens up, and even corporations aren't spending quite so freely on photography.  

Yes - I hear you. My wife works as a copywriter/translator too, mainly for local magazines. I really enjoy "being around", to be with the kids etc - even though I am stressed at time. I just hope they are able to see through that sometimes - and be able to say when they are older " its great that dad was always around" (in contrast to dads with 'regular' jobs who are not around much)  - rather than saying "dad was always stressed with work", not seeing the benefit of me being around most of the time. 

Just now, JeffB said:

Absolutely awesome! Shoes like those I would DEFINITELY wear out and about on an outing!

Thanks @JeffB - I really appreciate it. The classic stiletto has always been a favourite of mine!

• Like 1

Our worlds and workplaces sound very familiar. My wife - civil servant - works from home a couple days a week. I always felt privileged to be able to help out on school field trips when the kids were in primary school - I was virtually the only father who was ever able to. And I would come in and give talks sometimes about the remote and exotic places I was often being sent to, in those days, on assignments.  It was fun.  Web design sounds like a much more fruitful field to be in these days than writing and photography!  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Steve63130 said:

Jeremy,

I like the progress you are making and I enjoy reading all your positive posts about it. Sounds like you are going at the right speed. Continue to be careful!

Steve

Thanks muchly, Steve!

I was thinking of you and your wife the other day and your working from home arrangements as I have had some interesting experiences myself lately. I have been wearing flat/low otk suede boots for quite some time and was not really fussed much about heels. But I have been curious to find out what it felt like to wear  high heels and so with my wife’s blessing acquired a pair of four-inch stiletto knee boots. I made a New Years resolution to learn how to walk in them well and to shed some of my old tired inhibitions.  I also bought some skinny jeans to wear with the new boots.

Anyway in Friday my wife was working from home and I was not going to wear them - feeling a bit self conscious to wear them around her be honest. She said suit yourself, but wear them if you want to, won’t bother me. So I did. Anyway, she came into the room where I was working about an hour later, stopped and looked at me in my boots, gave kind of a surprised smile  and said quite genuinely  - I love the boots, love the jeans, that’s a great look. I was astounded and delighted. She said she wished she could wear boots like mine (foot troubles mean no heels) and envied me for being able to wear them.

We has a little break in our respective work, chatting about boots and jeans and heels, and then back to the grind. Simple, natural, very relaxed. It was very nice. I had been feeling really quite self conscious about this foray of mine into high heels, wearing stilettos in front of my wife, and yet she was utterly, utterly cool with it.  

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

jeremy1986,

That's a compelling, and heartwarming, account you just told us about this fine Sunday. I believe your answer reflects the same reasons women wear them which should help her, and women everywhere, understand the allure of heels to men. Wearing of heels of any sort is yet another way you both can enhance the journey of life as a married couple. You both seem to be piloting the ship well. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Hiya all,

So today was quite an eventful day. My wife and my OTK boots from asos have been waiting for pickup since Thursday, so we decided we would do that together today. 

As my wife was getting ready, she was zipping up her tan-colored flat leather boots, I decided to push my envelope, just a little - I asked her if she was wearing them with socks (I could see she was not wearing tights or hose), and she said yes. So I mentioned casually that I think I need "some kind of a thin sock or something" for some of my boots that are a little tight with my usual socks. she just chuckled, and said "The problems that come with wearing boots...." and I just left it at that, having planted a seed.

We then went to pickup the boots, which were waiting at a pickup locker. We had some issues getting them, as the locker would not unlock, and eventually they managed to remotely do it for us, and we happily got back into the car. I had bought the tan colored ones for her, and made it clear that I am buying the black ones for me, though she said that she could wear them too - and I happily agreed On the way to the next errand, we were talking in the car, and she said that one good thing about me liking high heels ("this boot fetish" she called it, but not in a scoffing way) is when I get styles that she also liked, she can share them (a small dream of mine!)!  That of courses makes me happy as well, and we mentioned a few of my heels that she likes too - mainly my more classic stiletto styles, not the platform ones. I actually prefer the stiletto ones too. She then asked me how many I have and I went through them aloud, though didn't go into each individual pair. I think if I had to take them all out from under my bed, she would be surprised... even though I have not hidden any of them from her when I bought them. 

Then she asked me why I like high heels? And I came up with many of the answers we have all give on the various threads here - that I like the look, and feel (though I am not short, that I need the boost in height) - and yes, its somewhat of a sexual thing for me too. I mentioned how I like talking about heels, and seeing her in heels especially - as well as just seeing them around, so I really don't think that its something that's starts and ends sexually only. But maybe I'm wrong... who knows. I told her that I am trying to think about it honestly, and I really don't think its solely a sexual thing. I mentioned that its funny, how when we had together bought my first 2 pairs, how I thought it would be my "fix" and would not need or want more, and little do I know, here I am still buying more, with around 20 pairs! 

Then the conversation took a weird angle.... she asked how I think that my heeling is different from a married homosexual who every now and again needs a "fix", and goes to be with a man... I said I don't see the 2 in comparable terms at all (no offence meant to anyone here)  - while the latter is just a sexual thing (immoral, when cheating on the wife), whereas heeling, as I was trying to explain previously - is not just sexual, but merely a preference - and certainly nothing immoral. The discussion on the one hand made me feel very uncomfortable, but on the other hand, I knew that it was something we needed to discuss - at the very least to clarify my own thoughts on the issue... it became a bit of a heated discussion, and I was getting a little hot under the collar, especially how my distinctions between the cases were not being understood by my wife. She then said, when i asked out straight, how she's knows that I'm not gay .... (heaven knows how much I like rolling around in bed with her...!), and yet the discussion still left a  bad taste in my mouth. As we were running our next errand, with her looking fab in the new boots, I was tossing the subject around in my head. I said to myself that I really should be happy to be hashing it out with her ... as it gives me an opportunity to try explain my thoughts, and hopefully put her at ease - and that she is willing to openly discuss it, and not have it all in her head only. She said at some point how she knows there is nothing wrong with my heeling - its done in private, and it harms no one, so if that makes me happy, then that's OK, and she accepts it on some level (cant remember her exact wording, but she did use the word accept). While we were running the extra errands, I still had in running around in my head, but tried to keep it under the covers, and we casually discussed how the new boots felt on her. She usually doesn't get cold, and gets hot quickly, which is why she doesn't wear boots often, but today was cold enough that she said she really enjoyed them, and that their style is more "understated" and wont really stick out much (while wearing a knee length jeans skirt). That's a good thing. I think my (and maybe my wifes too?) association with OTK boots is mostly from pictures of strippers... so having a subtle pair of suede OTK boots that just looks "normal" - is a very good thing!

As we were getting back into the car she said to me "you can borrow some of my thin socks if you like", and gave me a kind look. I thanked her for the offer and asked her to show me where they were. So that's definitely progress - I certainly didn't think that the seed I planted in the morning would grow so soon! Anyway - still not sure if even her thin socks will be thin enough - I might really need some tights, and will see about raising that issue when we get there. So I think this result is definitely a consequence of being able to discuss the issues openly, even if somewhat uncomfortable. So it just goes to show, that good things can come of being open about it all. I am grateful to my wife for being open minded about it all, and accepting me as I am... just shows that there IS hope, and that other issues that we are battling might be able to be bridged too.

Anyway - when we got home, she took the black boots off (she usually takes her boots off when she gets home), and I put them on - what an interesting feeling! I really liked having the hugging feeling all the way up my legs to above the knees... the boots have a slightly stretchy material, with a lovely lining... so even with bare legs, they feel very good.  I had some trouble getting them on under my trousers... but once I pulled them up from inside, they stayed up and felt really good. The heel (about 1.25") has a bit of a hollow plastic noise as you walk, not the distinct sound of a high heel. Without the noise, they could definitely pass in public without any mention or attention at all. In fact, even my wife said without any prompting, that they could pass as "French mens shoes"!

Would be happy to hear comments from you all, on my very eventful day .... so far - a pretty good day! 

See some photos below - I haven't taken any myself yet.

http://images.asos-media.com/products/asos-keep-up-wide-fit-flat-over-the-knee-boots/8344733-1-black?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

8012318-1-black?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constr

http://images.asos-media.com/products/asos-keep-up-flat-over-the-knee-boots/8012318-2?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

My wife's pair - 

http://images.asos-media.com/products/asos-keep-up-flat-over-the-knee-boots/8458619-1-chestnut?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I was thinking of you and your wife the other day and your working from home arrangements as I have had some interesting experiences myself lately. I have been wearing flat/low otk suede boots for quite some time and was not really fussed much about heels. But I have been curious to find out what it felt like to wear  high heels and so with my wife’s blessing acquired a pair of four-inch stiletto knee boots. I made a New Years resolution to learn how to walk in them well and to shed some of my old tired inhibitions.  I also bought some skinny jeans to wear with the new boots.

Anyway in Friday my wife was working from home and I was not going to wear them - feeling a bit self conscious to wear them around her be honest. She said suit yourself, but wear them if you want to, won’t bother me. So I did. Anyway, she came into the room where I was working about an hour later, stopped and looked at me in my boots, gave kind of a surprised smile  and said quite genuinely  - I love the boots, love the jeans, that’s a great look. I was astounded and delighted. She said she wished she could wear boots like mine (foot troubles mean no heels) and envied me for being able to wear them.

We has a little break in our respective work, chatting about boots and jeans and heels, and then back to the grind. Simple, natural, very relaxed. It was very nice. I had been feeling really quite self conscious about this foray of mine into high heels, wearing stilettos in front of my wife, and yet she was utterly, utterly cool with it.  

That's great @Shyheels - am so happy for you!!

First of all - that you got yourself some high heeled boots - that's really fabulous. How do you enjoy the feel of them? (lets leave the walking out of it, for now). And with the skinny jeans - I am sure they look stunning. Really so happy for you, that you have got the support you so wish for. Indeed, sounds like we are similar boats...  I would not know exactly how to take the "suit yourself" - I guess it will depend on the tone its said in, but with the "wont bother me" added - that would be the approval we so wish for!  

I too feel a little self conscious wearing boots around my wife (that's why wearing them out doesn't even seem relevant!) - but we need to gain the confidence, and it certainly sounds like your wife is approving and even encouraging. 

The walking will come slowly, the more practice you get - take small slow steps. 

Would you wear these with the kids around? 

14 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

jeremy1986,

That's a compelling, and heartwarming, account you just told us about this fine Sunday. I believe your answer reflects the same reasons women wear them which should help her, and women everywhere, understand the allure of heels to men. Wearing of heels of any sort is yet another way you both can enhance the journey of life as a married couple. You both seem to be piloting the ship well. HappyinHeels

Thanks so much, HiH  - I hope you are right.

So sorry for having trouble posting my long post (the 2 deleted posts) - I just added to my post now, was having some issues with the kiddy filter!

My wife was genuinely quite cool with the idea that I wanted to try stilettos. She said later, when we were having our chat she had thought I would end up with some tacky pair of boots, but she really loved the ones I bought and said they were precisely what she would buy for herself were it possible for her to wear heels - although she added she had never, even in younger days, been able to wear four inch heels and was impressed that I was wearing that height.

We had quite a relaxed chat about fashion, boots, jeans and heels - she wanted to know where I got my jeans as she really liked them as well. We had lunch together in the kitchen me clicking  around in my stilettos and it was no different than had I been one of her stiletto wearing workmates in the office. Totally relaxed.

I mentioned being impressed with her tolerance and acceptance and she just shrugged and said it’s only a pair of boots. You like what you like...

I am very much enjoying wearing them. I cycle a lot, and in my younger days ran marathons and did a lot of sabre fencing so I have strong and flexible ankles. So while I am hardly moving with catwalk grace, I am not tottering like newborn Bambi either..

For now I just keep the stilettos for working hours. If I am wearing boots when the kids are home, and usually I am in the cold weather these days, I just stick to my old familiar low heeled suede otk boots ...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Funny :) - I actually run quite a bit as well (only one full marathon under my belt though) - always wondered if that a positive effect on my muscles down there, for heel wearing. Its great that you took such a big step to those 4" - am sure you will get used to them in no time. 

I used to do marathons and long road races - but a long time ago. I was never up in the elite ranks, but ran at a fairly high level - marathons in the 2:30 range, something that would be utterly inconceivable for me now! I cycle a great deal though, nowadays. It all goes to give one a solid base in fitness - no bad thing if one wants to learn to walk well in stilettos! 

Wow - that's a great pace. My first and only marathon was about 4:20 - all in pouring rain! I try run at least 1 half marathon a year, to give me some motivation to get out there ... 

so important, even regardless of heels, to keep up with fitness. 

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Indeed. Aside from learning to walk well in stilettos my New Years resolutions include doing my first 200 mile bicycle ride. 

wow - amazing. a great goal!

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

A half marathon in pouring rain would be no fun.

Does your wife run too?

It was the FULL marathon in the rain.... 4 full hours of it :(

and no, not really. she has started a few times, but hasn't really kept it up. 

Gosh - four hours of running in pouring rain would be quite a day...

I have done some very long bicycle rides touring in very remote parts of the world in some very hostile weather too.

My wife doesn't run or cycle either!

It certainly does. I have had some quire remarkable character building experiences on some of my bicycle tours.

Fencing is great not only for fitness and suppleness, but for learning to think really, really quickly and respond.

I don't run, not in my best knee interest. I was able to put on 4 inch heels and walk immediately. The reason: ankle surgeries, three reconstructions - the after effects from wearing men's shoes. In the recovery you do lots of ankle exercises. You have to master balancing on your toes for 1-2 minutes on an incline. Walking in heels was trivial after that.

• Like 1

Sounds messy. I had back surgery one, 14 years ago, and that was unpleasant enough although thankfully not disabling. Any form of stretching and ankle exercises would help with walking in heels, I suspect 

Edited by Shyheels

I used to be of the opinion that one is born with only a certain number of heartbeats and if one wasted them on exercise, one wouldn't live as long. I mentioned this to a friend of mine who is an avid runner and marathoner, and he showed me mathematical proof that I was wrong. Running, he said, lowers your sedentary heart rate, so you actually use fewer heartbeats in a day's time. He left me in a daze running with his computations!(so to speak)!

Jeremy, I see where your wife was coming from in questioning your sexuality. She is concerned she might have to compete with a man in your life, I believe, and you would do very well to show her love, consideration, and attention every chance you get so that any insecurity she may have is kept at bay.

Shyheels, wow! Four inch stiletto heels to start with? I'm impressed! I struggle with four inch block heeled boots! I love your wife's attitude. You're very fortunate to have found a doll like her! Make sure you show her your appreciation every chance you get!

Steve

Jeremy,

You certainly know her better than any of us, but it sounded like she was a bit insecure about that aspect of your relationship. Or maybe disappointed? LOL

Whatever! Just continue to adore her, and you'll both be fine.

Steve

• Like 1

That's a great story, Jeremy. Well done, and I hope your heely relationship with your wife continues to progress well. My experience over nearly 30 years is varying acceptance, from buying me heels to wanting me to get rid of them. Just stick it out - it took 27 years before she accepted me going out publicly in them, and now she seems reasonably comfortable with accompanying me when I'm wearing my more restrained styles. Last Wednesday was our wedding anniversary and we went out for a meal, with me wearing my 4 inch very thin wedge boots. However, afterwards she said she wished I hadn't worn them (although I've done it before when we've been out for a meal together) as they look like stilettos from the back, and she doesn't like me in things that look too feminine. So next time I'll wear something with thicker heels as I don't want to set things back between us. Actually, those boots were a bit unstable on the surface we were walking on. It's wooden boarding with strips of less slippery stuff attached, and I think if they had been ordinary heels rather than wedges they'd have been much safer, as the bottoms of the wedges were skating on the surface! Some of the boards were diagonal, so the heels kept slipping sideways in the 'ruts' as the surface was wet from recent rain! I was glad to have her to hold onto although I didn't slip too much. Part of me loved the vulnerability, though!

• Like 1

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Thanks so much, @Tacchi Alti - I appreciate your comments. I do hope things are making progress.

Happy to hear about your outing as well - sounds very exciting to be out in those wedge boots!! Would love to see a pic of them. Have you posted them here before?

I'm actually wearing my own 4" wedge boots now as well- They are genuine suede and have a lovely fury lining, which makes them a real pleasure to wear. From Ali Express ( I know, I know... but they are actually VERY well made!). They are a little big on me (the wife suggested I get a 11.5 US, even though I am usually closer to 10.5-11), but at least I can wear them with good thick socks. here's the link to them: - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fashion-pleated-genuine-leather-knee-high-boots-women-for-autumn-high-heel-shoes-woman-ladies-wedges/32481075579.html  . Been wearing them the whole day, and feel so natural, almost forgot I was wearing them a couple of times.