Jeremy's heel stories, pictures & thoughts

jeremy1986

I like OTK boots very much. As you say, they are very different from thigh boots. My OTK boots (flats) are a pull-on style and so have a bit more leeway and thus don't require super skinny jeans to look nice. Being dark grey suede and low-heeled they are rather understated too. And quite sensible - warm, comfortable, nice looking and, except for the fact that tall boots tend not to be worn by guys, not at all feminine looking. Just nice boots.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

.. and she said I needed to be clearer in my request from her, and that I should tell her what I need.

The trouble is you feel you are near you and your wife's boundary for heels and you don't want to push too much. This is a hard place to be in.

I showed her some boots that I thought she might like (kitten heel OTK's - http://www.asos.com/prd/8743869?CTARef=Saved+Items+Image ) - she liked the heel, its very similar to a pair of knee highs she has, though in suede.  The issue is she really needs a size 9 (UK) and any of the styles go up to an 8 only....

I think I have seen these types of OTK boots at Forever 21 when I was looking for them during the last few months.

She loved this pair - http://www.asos.com/missguided/missguided-barely-there-tie-side-sandals  , but again - it only goes up to a size 8.

Already sold out so the link is gone, but go to the Misguided website to see if they have more

https://www.missguidedus.com

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I like OTK boots very much. As you say, they are very different from thigh boots. My OTK boots (flats) are a pull-on style and so have a bit more leeway and thus don't require super skinny jeans to look nice. Being dark grey suede and low-heeled they are rather understated too. And quite sensible - warm, comfortable, nice looking and, except for the fact that tall boots tend not to be worn by guys, not at all feminine looking. Just nice boots.     

They sound great @Shyheels - would love to see 

20 hours ago, Cali said:

http://www.asos.com/missguided/missguided-barely-there-tie-side-sandals 

Already sold out so the link is gone, but go to the Misguided website to see if they have more

https://www.missguidedus.com

Thanks - I meant that those are the ones I bought in the end, she wanted a larger size, but I don't think they make in 9

On 25/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, jeremy1986 said:

They sound great @Shyheels - would love to see 

I'm a photographer and thus always behind the camera, never in front! :cheeky:

But they are really quite nice boots, by Jean Gaborit, in heavy suede and not at all feminine, other than for the fact that they are an OTK style and thus taller than the usual run of men's boots. 

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I'm a photographer and thus always behind the camera, never in front! :cheeky:

But they are really quite nice boots, by Jean Gaborit, in heavy suede and not at all feminine, other than for the fact that they are an OTK style and thus taller than the usual run of men's boots. 

Interesting. Naïve 'lil me, I didn't know that mens OTK's existed! 

4 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Interesting. Naïve 'lil me, I didn't know that mens OTK's existed! 

I didn't either, to be honest, until I started searching for such things. Jean Gaborit seems to be the only place that makes them, and then they are custom. But they do have a men's line and unisex lines. 

• Like 1

Further to our OTK discussion, my wife's OTK wish list boots became available in the size she wanted (UK10!) - so I offered them to her... she thought about it for a while, and even surprised me by saying "maybe not", but in the end  - it was a yes!  I'm obviously happy oblige when it comes to sexy footwear for her - especially if I can share. Wondering if the UK10 will be a bit big, but then again we both have big thighs... not to mention that one of us has wide feet :cheeky:  - so hopefully the fit will be good. I asked her if she would offer me a deal in return for me buying these for her... so she said "I'll wear them to bed!" - I told her great, and that I would like her to wear more of her boots and heels for me, even just around the house - because otherwise this new pair will just be added to her others that lie around unused (other than her fake uggs!). So she agreed - so it's a WIN WIN for me! She started off by wearing her cute kitten heel boots to dinner on Friday night (see here, on me:  https://hhplace.org/gallery/image/8832-kitten-heel-suede-boots/?browse=1  ). 

These are them: http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-keep-up-flat-over-the-knee-boots/prd/8458619 

And while I was shopping, I saw the black pair is available too  - with additional sizes too (great for you folks out there - size 8-10 UK), and in facts even cheaper than the tan ones! So I surprised her with those too, though I hope to be wearing those sometimes too!  link: http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-keep-up-flat-over-the-knee-boots/prd/8012318 

This was all after I was wearing me new ASOS Cora heeled boots (seen here:  https://hhplace.org/gallery/image/8817-asos-cora-high-heel-boots/ ) while working from home in the morning - I was click-clocking around the house in them while she was doing some house work. She invited me into the kitchen to chat with her and I made a point of going right away, and crossing my legs so that the heels were visible, so it was clear I was not hiding them. So she is seeming OK with them, at least outwardly - and maybe the rest of the story has some kind of subconscious effect... who knows?

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

Ok, not even so long after my most recent post above, and I have another short update.

Being the nice chilly weather we are having, I decided to wear my brown faux suede high heel boots today around the house, with my wife around, as I sometimes do. I tried putting them below my skinny chino's but they didn't fit! So for a first time for me, I decided to wear my chino's tucked into the boots. Was wondering (concerned?) what my wife would say, but figured she wouldn't really object, and I would explain with a smile, that I just couldn't fit them into my pants, which is true of course! And this was after I was chatting with her in our room, while I was digging around looking for them! She had gone downstairs, and I spent a little time tucking them in nicely - something I have never really managed to do properly with pants, even though these are relatively skinny (though not on @w6ish's terms :) ). When I was satisfied , I went downstairs, and we chatted in the kitchen and then went to the computer together... she didn't say anything, even when I had mentioned that I couldn't get my pants over them... we just chatted as usual. I'm quite delighted, I must say  - and very grateful of my wife's attitude, even if inside she may not be ecstatic about my heeling.

The boots are below - though pictured from a previous time I wore them (last year probably) 

large.32507926570_606504ecc2_k.jpg.9844790130e4823daf28027bd7875802.jpglarge.32847423776_a1ecc4d36f_k.jpg.3c3e55cca70ef4da2f5bc40292a907d9.jpg

• Like 4

Those are very nice boots and a nice story. It sounds as though your wife is quietly accepting of your tastes and frankly, from what I can see, it is hardly an outlandish look, but rather something one could become quite comfortable with seeing. It must have been very pleasant and companionable. 

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Those are very nice boots and a nice story. It sounds as though your wife is quietly accepting of your tastes and frankly, from what I can see, it is hardly an outlandish look, but rather something one could become quite comfortable with seeing. It must have been very pleasant and companionable. 

Yes - very much so. Thanks for your feedback! 

Nice boots there. Looks like a comfortable heel height for long periods of walking and standing. Well done.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Great report, Jeremy. It sounds like your wife is coming around to accepting your passion for heels, even if she doesn't totally share it. You're obviously allaying her fears and insecurity by paying attention to her and doing what she asks. Keep that up so she doesn't have time or inclination to reconsider and regress. And continue to get the message across to her that she's more important than your shoes, but if you can have both, you'd be happier (and so will she!). Good luck and keep us informed.

Steve

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Great report, Jeremy. It sounds like your wife is coming around to accepting your passion for heels, even if she doesn't totally share it. You're obviously allaying her fears and insecurity by paying attention to her and doing what she asks. Keep that up so she doesn't have time or inclination to reconsider and regress. And continue to get the message across to her that she's more important than your shoes, but if you can have both, you'd be happier (and so will she!). Good luck and keep us informed.

Steve

Thanks Steve!! I hope you're right :) 

17 hours ago, JeffB said:

Nice boots there. Looks like a comfortable heel height for long periods of walking and standing. Well done.

Thanks Jeff. You are right - they are a good solid walk, a nice deep 'thump' sound as I walk around in them - distinct with the click of stilettos. I spend most of the day in them yesterday - till the kids came home in the afternoon :)

I must add that the suede on them is so soft - probably due to the soft lining inside the boots. Takes me back to 1st grade, when I remember playing with my teacher's boots as she would read us stories on the carpet in class - I was upfront drawing on her grey suede boots with my finger as she was seated on the chair reading. Probably my first memory of heels - who knows if that was where it all began?!

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

Sounds like another companionable day. We are certainly having good boot wearing weather here lately. I work from home and my OTK boots are very nice indeed for keeping my feet warm and comfortable in a chilly house!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I work from home 

Same here!

16 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like another companionable day. We are certainly having good boot wearing weather here lately. I work from home and my OTK boots are very nice indeed for keeping my feet warm and comfortable in a chilly house!

Keep down the heating bill!! Looking forward to getting our OTK's. Today I'm just in drab, work is distracting me... though hoping to put on a pair tonight, possibly my knee high wedge boots from Public Desire. 

32 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Same here!

Keep down the heating bill!! Looking forward to getting our OTK's. Today I'm just in drab, work is distracting me... though hoping to put on a pair tonight, possibly my knee high wedge boots from Public Desire. 

It’s nice having the luxury of working from home, isn’t it? Your office dress code is whatever you want it to be. In my case that’s boots, jeans and jumper in cool weather like this. I tend to keep the house quite cool and so the OTK boots are very handy. As with you, there is nothing outlandish about how I dress for the office. It has really become quite a comfortable routine.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wear OTK boots as a matter of routine - and answer to nobody. 

Mind you I think having my boots as the basis for my office wear is a good thing in general as it makes me dress nicely for work when it would really be quite possible for me to slob around in a track suit if I wanted to. My boots require a smarter look and I dress up to it. It makes the office feel more professional. Do you find the same? 

I don't know how long you've been working at home - its over 20 years for me - but I know that since I gave myself permission to buy and wear OTK boots, about four years ago I have certainly been far more presentable in my home office. 

Just now, Shyheels said:

I don't know how long you've been working at home - its over 20 years for me - but I know that since I gave myself permission to buy and wear OTK boots, about four years ago I have certainly been far more presentable in my home office. 

16 years and counting :cheeky:

Used to wear my wife's here and there, and for the last 2+ years have had my own selection! 

Well done! I don't know your field - I am a freelance writer/photographer - but not many make it so long working for themselves, from home.

That's handy that you and your wife wear the same size and have similar tastes.  

jrmy1986-

I think your approach is about right. Slow but methodical at home with your wife. She can ease into the look while you guys chat normally as husband and wife do. I'd take the same approach with my wife as I sit in my skirt and heels while we discuss her new punk hairstyle. I love that two-way equality street!  Keep up the good work. Sure seems like it is striking the right balance.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Well done! I don't know your field - I am a freelance writer/photographer - but not many make it so long working for themselves, from home.

That's handy that you and your wife wear the same size and have similar tastes.  

I'm a web developer. Remote working is virtually part of the job :cheeky:

Was just speaking to someone about it yesterday too. There are big challenges at times, especially with young children. Somehow I never seem to "leave work" - its always there waiting for me, even when I have a few minutes to do a few quick tasks ... but also big advantages. Especially for heeling folks like us :cheeky: . Working outside of the home would limit my heeling to late night only, probably with wedges only, so be quiet.... 

3 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

jrmy1986-

I think your approach is about right. Slow but methodical at home with your wife. She can ease into the look while you guys chat normally as husband and wife do. I'd take the same approach with my wife as I sit in my skirt and heels while we discuss her new punk hairstyle. I love that two-way equality street!  Keep up the good work. Sure seems like it is striking the right balance.  HappyinHeels

Thanks HiH. I hope so. I have been wearing heels at home now much more often - this week was 2 consecutive days with my wife around, which has been very rare for me. Today i'll give it a break ( :( ). As you say - easy does it. I don't want to overstep (forgive the pun :cheeky: ) the limited acceptance I have too much... 
Yesterday I made a point of taking out some heels just before she left home for some errands - so that she saw I was going to wear them. She just said "enjoy, enjoy" with a kind of a sigh... When she got back I was still wearing them, after a while she suggested I take them off, as the kids were due back home for a birthday party we were having, she said "for your sake", in what seemed like genuine concern. The previous day I was wearing my tall 5.5" wedges you can see in my avatar, and she said something like " ... and you are wearing heels!" (I forget the context), and I felt bold enough to say "yes - do you like them?" , even though I was unsure if she liked such tall wedges ... but she rewarded me with a "yes I do!", leaving me quite happy :)