Platform Flip Flops

SoleStripper

Does anyone else here enjoy wearing these? I've been wearing various pairs on and off since the early 2000s, heel heights anywhere between 2 to 5 inches give or take. I wore a solid black pair with 2-inch soles last night with skinny fit bootcut jeans last night while I was out running around doing various things. Definitely easier to walk in than stilettos.

Here's some pics of me wearing the tallest pair I have (I think they're somewhere between 4 to 5 inches in height, but I usually go out in the lower ones...

midsize.jpg

midsize.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like heeled thongs a lot and have quite a few pair.  All of my heeled thongs have kitten, chunky or wedgie heel styles, none are "platforms" as in your pictures, I don't dislike the style, they just "ain't" for me…..   

But if you like 'em - and they don't look bad - go for it and have fun……..   take care…  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I don't like platforms and I don't like flip-flops, so these have twice the reasons for me not liking them.

To be honest, I don't think you'll find much admiration for them here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If you enjoy them, great that's all that matters. Have never worn a pair of flip flops, and will never do so. I would wear a platform only if it's about a quarter of an inch or less and I like the style of the shoe or boot.

life is not a rehearsal

They're your feet and your shoes -- wear them if you want to. Just because others don' like them, that is fo them to deal with.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They are "flat" in the sense that there's hardly any rise but they are also platforms and the term "flatforms" is very widely used. Personally I don't find them appealing, I prefer high-heel wedge flip-flops (with maybe a little platform), something with a bit of a rise from toe to heel. Back in the 1980's I remember flip-flops with a high wooden wedge heel and a thin gold horizontal line going around the heel about halfway up, with the upper in black patent (although there were other colours too). I so wanted to have a pair of those but I've never seen any flip-flops even half as nice since then.

If you like it, wear it.

Yeah, the forum can be a little...dare I say 'Nazi' about platforms of any kind. I mean, some have them (but haven't said yet) but most avoid 'em like a plague. Talking the people on the forums, by the way.

Also, 'flatform' is the combination of 'platform' and 'flats' & 'flatforms' are just a play on those words together, especially when they Are really just flat sandals with big blocks attached...I probably just satisfied half the forum in stating it that way, haha.

Me? As of a couple of days ago, I'm a tad bit hesitant on them, though I'm still on the search for some that are 3-4 inches high. Not trying to over-do the height for now. I found a seller on eBay, 'bostekshoes' I believe, who sells some as low as 4 inches, but I've been eyeing pairs I found on Bare Feet Shoes, though these appeared to have left the site. Sad days too, since they ran up to a very, Very rare size 12. Should have gotten a pair when I could.. :/

sandals-2.jpgsandals-1.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

No interest at all. Not a fan of low level flip flops, so adding height to them doesn't do much either.

No interest at all. Not a fan of low level flip flops, so adding height to them doesn't do much either.

I found a seller on eBay, 'bostekshoes' I believe, who sells some as low as 4 inches, but I've been eyeing pairs I found on Bare Feet Shoes, though these appeared to have left the site. Sad days too, since they ran up to a very, Very rare size 12. Should have gotten a pair when I could.. :/

sandals-2.jpgsandals-1.jpg

They look like Berkenstocks that are resoled.

I don't know about overall comfort but they're definitely easier to walk in.

I'll just make this a "platform sandals" appreciation thread instead of just platform flipflops. Hate away...I mean ENJOY!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

midsize.jpg

midsize.jpg

Some more from the vaults that I haven't gotten around to taking pictures wearing them yet

post-25769-0-83635100-1412905005_thumb.j

post-25769-0-82132700-1412905064_thumb.j

post-25769-0-85521100-1412905207_thumb.j

I like your flip flops, and I have many styles of them in wedges and platforms. Plus, I wear them most of the time, weather permitting here in the Northern US.  We are a minority in hhp regarding flip flops, but I say wear 'em if you got 'em!  I like your other sandals too.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I don't know about overall comfort but they're definitely easier to walk in.

I'll just make this a "platform sandals" appreciation thread instead of just platform flipflops. Hate away...I mean ENJOY!

Some more from the vaults that I haven't gotten around to taking pictures wearing them yet

I am going to also chime in and say that I'm not a fan of those platform flip-flops, but a couple of your later shoe pictures are not that bad.  Anyway, you shouldn't really care that much about what others think.  If you are happy with them, then you wear them.  I am pretty sure I have a couple of pairs that might not go over very well if I posted them on this forum either, and I don't really care  :)  Wear whatever makes you happy... that is all!

I like your flip flops, and I have many styles of them in wedges and platforms. Plus, I wear them most of the time, weather permitting here in the Northern US.  We are a minority in hhp regarding flip flops, but I say wear 'em if you got 'em!  I like your other sandals too.

Thanks! I knew another admirer of PFFs was out there somewhere. I just bought another pair with leopard print straps at Walmart's clearance rack for $3 and wore them all day.

I am going to also chime in and say that I'm not a fan of those platform flip-flops, but a couple of your later shoe pictures are not that bad.  Anyway, you shouldn't really care that much about what others think.  If you are happy with them, then you wear them.  I am pretty sure I have a couple of pairs that might not go over very well if I posted them on this forum either, and I don't really care  :)  Wear whatever makes you happy... that is all!

Yeah I'm all about what pleases me, not anyone else. I like all forms of women's shoes not just high heels.

I like them and I think you look good in them..  The whole idea here is ACCEPTANCE of guys wearing shoes that aren't the ordinary which means any kind of criticism is not needed.

Thank you. Plus PFFs are probably the easiest woman's shoe with any height that you can get away with wearing without too much criticism and are the easiest as far as acceptance, besides maybe platform boots. I once saw a picture of Prince in a tabloid magazine years ago wearing a pair exactly like a pair that I own. I wish I clipped it.

I like them and I think you look good in them..  The whole idea here is ACCEPTANCE of guys wearing shoes that aren't the ordinary which means any kind of criticism is not needed.

And here I thought it was about high heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The very thought that "intolerance" is being shown here is sad and very ironic. Good grief I would have thought that this forum if any would embrace and encourage another man out there who enjoys wearing footwear that doesn't fall into the typical boring realm of male footwear.  I don't even own a pair of platform flip flops and have a fair collection of "real" heels, but come on, let's be supportive here.  Maybe I'm just too accepting, supportive and open minded to contribute to this forum.  I rarely "speak my mind" but this warrants it.

Solestripper,  you've done a great job with the toe polish and making your feet look great.  Carry on and enjoy your favorite styles. 

Intolerance! So are you telling me that I have to like something for fear of offending somebody?  I not going to sit here and listen to your politically correct crap. What makes you so high and mighty?

He asked our opinion and we gave it. What's the problem? Do you even know what intolerance is? Since when did not liking a pair of shoe become intolerance?

If you're going to spout crap you will get crap in return.

The very thought that "intolerance" is being shown here is sad and very ironic. Good grief I would have thought that this forum if any would embrace and encourage another man out there who enjoys wearing footwear that doesn't fall into the typical boring realm of male footwear.  I don't even own a pair of platform flip flops and have a fair collection of "real" heels, but come on, let's be supportive here.  Maybe I'm just too accepting, supportive and open minded to contribute to this forum.  I rarely "speak my mind" but this warrants it.

Solestripper,  you've done a great job with the toe polish and making your feet look great.  Carry on and enjoy your favorite styles. 

Define " Intolerance " if you would please. I feel you have been mislead.

I think you might have a confused definition of the word as " Intolerance " means something isnt tolerated at all. I could see the use of a word such as disdain or dislike or even calling something very opinionated, but the use of the term " Intolerance " is overused and in most events its used wrongly to bring about a ' trump card ' type of setting.

Being honest, I think flip flops are horrible and make people look cheap. Add to it a ' jackstand ', it becomes something *I* would never wear. MIND YOU, others can wear them as they choose, its not my feet nor my footware, thus its not my concern at all. How is THAT being ' intolerant ' in any means?

There are some that dont like the shoes I wear. So what? I wear them and I wear them wherever I feel like wearing them. Does that make those whom say " Its all about the platform " intolerant of my choice of footware? *I* dont believe it does. Just varying tastes from different people in their choice of clothing.

Nobody stated anyone couldnt wear a certain type of footware or that they shouldnt wear such.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.