Platform Flip Flops

SoleStripper

Do you guys actually think what you're saying is funny? Because those jokes are like Paula Poundstone level.

I did warn you in post #8 that you might not get the response you were expecting, so on that note, please take care. I do not want to have to hand out warnings on such a trivial matter.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys actually think what you're saying is funny? Because those jokes are like Paula Poundstone level.

You even laughed at one response. ;)

LOL!

ROFL LMAO

We all need to laugh at something once in a while. Its not just the SHOES themselves, its some of the TRUTH behind what everyone is saying.

YES, those shoes worked as a Jackstand and YES I do use them as such when working on a golfcart, a riding mower and some of the smaller equipment around the farm. They DO IN FACT make a rather practical jackstand. They dont rust, mud hoses off of them rather nicely and they are a lot lighter then what a metal jackstand weighs. 

They didnt work as a ' boat anchor ' as they DID float. I tied one onto a 3/8th nylon line and cast it out of the 10foot tin rowboat we have on our lake.. it just bobbed up and down till the water around it leveled. I didnt start a new thread about doing it because there will always be someone whom is such a whiny little twit that will complain.

*I* understand you like those kinds of shoes and might be ' offended ' or mad that there are some of us whom have found other uses for them ( those kinds of shoes ). Maybe we find humor where you dont? Im sure there are things YOU might find funny that others dont. Were all different.

If I possessed a pair of shoes that you had in your old avatar, I would definitely try to make a pair of fishbowls out of them. Maybe even find a small 2-3inch LCD tv and install that on the platform part.

I catch the blunt of jokes as I own and wear ' UGG ' type boots. I KNOW Im going to catch flak but I understand that people dont like them and WHY they dont care for them ( I honestly thing they are fUGGly but warm/practicle.. not fashionable at all IMO, too trendy ). I wear them anyway and laugh right along with everyone else.

Its all in good fun. Nobody is being convicted, ridiculed or laughed at. Theres a difference between laughing at a pair of shoes or letting them be the brunt of the laughs and saying someone wearing a pair of shoes ( being person specific ) looks cheap or like they should be on a street corner doing 2$ tricks.

Cheers! :)

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Well most of the shoes I own look like "hooker shoes" so I would consider that last thing you said a compliment, even though it might have been meant as a joke or insult/ridicule. The squares and old bitties always say those kinds of things about certain women too (i.e. "she looks like a $2 whore in those shoes/that outfit") but the girl is usually super hot and doesn't care what those people who criticize think. I'm not going to dress like Mrs. Doubtfire or an office manager anytime soon, so I'll just stick with the cheap/slutty/trendy stuff for at least the next couple of decades, thank you.

SoleStripper, How you?  You wear what you like, and what makes you happy.  In our "tolerant" world some folks can be downright nasty - go figure.  As for me, some folks like me in heels, and some don't.  I don't really care, all I know is I enjoy wearing heels, even platform flip flops, and my lovely wife supports my heeling - that's all that matters to me.  So, ignore the snide comments (wherever that may come from) and have fun…  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I've read all the posts in this thread, grinning & trying hard not to laugh at certain comments that have been made. This is a very entertaining thread indeed.

Flip flops, (whether platforms or not), are just not my cup of tea as I'm strictly a 'high-heeled boot guy', however, if someone chooses to wear flip flops that is up to them & no way should they be put down or ridiculed for their choice.

OK! Now it's confession time...

I do own a pair of slightly higher than normal flip flops which I bough several years ago purely for wearing to & from the hot tub in our holiday location. My excuse is that it's just not practical for me to walk the ten yards or so in four or five inch heels from the house to the hot tub, (or back again), with wet feet in booted heels. Also, I once trod on a wasp when I was a child so going barefoot just isn't an option for me.

It's very interesting to read what 'ilikekicks' has tried with his Pleaser heels. I nearly died laughing when I read that he'd tried using them as a boat anchor. The guy has me in stitches! May I humbly suggest that he fills both his Uggs with concrete, (&  allows it to properly set), before securing the 3/8 nylon line to them both & duplicating the previously unsuccessful experiment. The deeper the water the better...!

Oh! Did I forget to mention that I own a pair of nice warm Uggs too...

It's very interesting to read what 'ilikekicks' has tried with his Pleaser heels. I nearly died laughing when I read that he'd tried using them as a boat anchor. The guy has me in stitches! May I humbly suggest that he fills both his Uggs with concrete, (&  allows it to properly set), before securing the 3/8 nylon line to them both & duplicating the previously unsuccessful experiment. The deeper the water the better...!

Hmm.. Thats a Kick I havent tried yet. Maybe pick up a 15$ Pair of knock-off/replica UGG type boots.. I think your Idea is worthy of attempting. It could make for a damn fine anchor! I was actually thinking of using a pair as ' Cow Ear Warmers '.

Lol! You are absolutely crazy. Please do let me know how you get on with the modified anchor - I await the result with baited breath...!

How much will it cost you to provide ear warmers for your whole herd?

You know if you do it for one the others will only become jealous. That's a lot of replica UGGs.

Lets be honest, Flip Flops should not be mentioned anywhere on a HIGH HEEL forum.

SoleStripper - Get thee hence to a FLIP FLOP forum (if such a dull thing exists)

This is getting really tiresome. Not all the pictures I posted were Flip Flops.

Lol! You are absolutely crazy. Please do let me know how you get on with the modified anchor - I await the result with baited breath...!

How much will it cost you to provide ear warmers for your whole herd?

You know if you do it for one the others will only become jealous. That's a lot of replica UGGs.

My *personal* herd is 5. For ALL of them.. I'll say thats not *my* problem ;) . The others can buy gifts for their own ;).

Lets be honest, Flip Flops should not be mentioned anywhere on a HIGH HEEL forum.

SoleStripper - Get thee hence to a FLIP FLOP forum (if such a dull thing exists)

Actually, from what I have been informed ( by the staff ) from some of my past comments : This is a *fashion* forum, not just " high heels ". Theres talks of clothing of all kinds, Manicure and pedicures.. all sorts of ways of presenting ones self.

I agree, flatforms or ' flip flops ' are a " fashion fail ", but they are welcomed for discussion.

No no no, ilikekicks. flatforms and flipflops are just fine for casual wear. Also, I was being sarcastic when I LOL'd at the joke someone else posted.

Here...I found these on Etsy and thinking about buying them. Now I KNOW someone else here would like to own a pair too:

il_fullxfull.600773796_tono.jpg

• 3 months later...