Whats the first pair of heels u got?

Havoc

In true classic style the 1st pair I bought with my own money was a pair of white stiletto 4.5 inch courts when I was 15. The 1st pair that I wore frequently were some amazing early 80s 4.5 inch, polished black (almost patent) soft leather sandals that were given to my sister by a super glam Essex girl auntie when I was about 7. They had a simple peep toe fronts and thin, wrap around, gold buckle ankle straps and were probably very expensive and Italian. They were about a size UK3 (super sexy vertical foot position) and I used to stuff my socks with tissue and walk around my bedroom in them... I actually found them pretty easy to walk in straight away. Heaven. I still go weak at the knees if I see similar shoes. I wore them untill I outgrew them aged about 9.

My first pair were a pair my mom had.The second were a pair I purchased at a shoe store that dosn't exist anymore. Heel height on both unknown. The third were a pair of custom made 5" stiletto pumps from Ableman Trading Co. I still have them and they are still in good shape from 1970. Spikesmike

My first pair were a pair my mom had.The second were a pair I purchased at a shoe store that dosn't exist anymore. Heel height on both unknown. The third were a pair of custom made 5" stiletto pumps from Ableman Trading Co. I still have them and they are still in good shape from 1970.

Spikesmike

Sounds interesting, could u post a pic? I love vintage heels

My first pair was only a couple years ago. Went shopping at the local thrift store for a Valentine surprise I was planning for the little lady of the house. They are a peep to pump wedge - all black leather. They said size 10, which I had determined was about right, I didn't try them on, just grabbed and headed for the cashier. I don't know the brand, but there is a butterfly emblem inside on the heel. Maybe 3-1/2" with a slight platform. They fit great, and are a breeze to walk in. Since I had decided that this pair wasn't quite what I was looking for, I went back a couple days later. One of the sales girls recognized me and went out back, and brought in 3 more boxes containing some almost new shoes. Never asked how she knew what I was looking for. Very little wear if any at all, One pair was an Ellie stiletto sandal in black, and one was a Pleaser 7" white platform stiletto. The third was an all clear plastic model from pleaser, but I opted for the first two.

My first were from the Montgomery Ward sale catalog during my freshman year of college. I had really admired the girls wearing a multiple strap Mary-Jane style. There they were in the catalog - Trio of Tiny Straps for $3.99 plus shipping. I had no idea of my size and ordered a 10B as that was the largest size available. They had a 1 1/8 inch shaped chunky heel. At that time in 1970, high heels were out of style and I just wanted to try a pair of heels. Hard to believe - they felt a "mile high" until I found a pair of white classic pumps in the Aldens catalog in size 11 with a "high" 2 7/8" stiletto heel. I never had any problem of walking in them from the beginning. I could not understand why so many girls complained about their feet they wore their heels. I just did not understand as they were no problem for me. That was the case until my feet continued to expand beyond the size 10 , then 11, then 12 at which time I could not shop and find what I wanted.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I believe mine were a pair of Nine West Kimberly 3" ankle strap sandals. I saw a girl in the office come in one day wearing them and had to buy them as well. My first pair is black, but I also got it in red (pic attached), then again later in brown.

post-30054-133522958626_thumb.jpg

post-30054-13352295864_thumb.jpg

Hi, It is kind of funny the first pair that I bought were not even high heels. My Mom had great high heeled sandals and my sister had great high heeled pumps that I would wear. What neither of them had that all the girls in school would wear were the low heeled wedges and low regiular heel pumps that were so popular in the late 1980s. So my first purchase, at age 13, was a pair of white low (1.25-in) wedge pumps from Payless. They were $11.99. They were so awesome and all mine. I hid them in my parents camping trailer in the back yard. I would live in the trailer during the cooler months and have ample opportunities to wear my shoes. My second purchase, a couple months later, was a pair of 1.5-in black patent pumps identical to a pair that that a girl in my homework hour in 8th grade would wear. Good memories. Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

The first pair that I could consider my own were simple black 2 inch pumps that my wife purchased for me over 15 years ago. The first pair I purchased for myself were 6-inch thigh high stiletto boots. I don't have either of them now.

The first pair I ever purchased for myself was a pair of brown closed toe pumps that had black trim around the top line of the shoe and a black heel. Probably about a 3" heel if my recollection is right (that was about the highest heel that you would find back in the late 1960's.) They were from Thom McAn. I actually went in to buy a pair of sling backs in red that had a bow on the toe. Unfortunately (and this was not uncommon back then), those only came to size 8 1/2 US. I told the salesman that I needed a 10, and the only heels they had were the ones I purchased. I didn't really like them all that much, but being that's all they had, it was something! Difficult to find decent heels, because in the late 60's, the sytles were changing from the previous stilettos to lower, chunky heels, so there were not a lot of thinner heels around. Even the ones I bought were a somewhat thicker heel than the classic stiletto. The red pair did have a stletto, but alas, not available in the size I needed!. It was very difficult back then to find much in a size 10, and I actually probably needed an 11, (which basically didn't exist) as most 10s were a snug fit. The second pair I ended up ordering from a cataloge (Aldens was the retailer), where a wider selection of size 10s was available. Those were a pair of classic stilettos, black patent t-straps with about a 3 1/2 inch heel. I remember being quite excited when I went to pick them up. Those actually fit me nicely, and I did have them for some time.

The first pair of heels I actually bought were a pair of black 5.5 inch stiletto's. I was 18 and finally built up enough courage to go to the shoe store where I saw the shoes and buy them. I was quite an experience and I am so glad that I bought them! I still have them and wear them from time to time, here are a few pictures for everyone to look at!!!

post-19575-133522958843_thumb.jpg

post-19575-133522958868_thumb.jpg

post-19575-133522958886_thumb.jpg

post-19575-133522958904_thumb.jpg

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

I believe mine were a pair of Nine West Kimberly 3" ankle strap sandals. I saw a girl in the office come in one day wearing them and had to buy them as well. My first pair is black, but I also got it in red (pic attached), then again later in brown.

They are very pretty...and very elegant. Nine West used to make such lovely strappy heels.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

The first pair of heels I actually bought were a pair of black 5.5 inch stiletto's. I was 18 and finally built up enough courage to go to the shoe store where I saw the shoes and buy them. I was quite an experience and I am so glad that I bought them! I still have them and wear them from time to time, here are a few pictures for everyone to look at!!!

They are lovely! Can I have more details about them?

My first heels were some Pink 5" Ellie Pumps. I ordered them from out of curiosity from ebay for roughly $20. I really enjoyed wearing those shoes... ended up throwing them away because I was nervous that someone would find them when I went home for summer vacation...

They are very pretty...and very elegant. Nine West used to make such lovely strappy heels.

Thank you. I believe these were new around 2005-2006. I was able to find the red and brown pairs a few years later. Yeah, Nine West, I find, did have some nice heels. Come to think, aside from these 3, I have a few more that are Nine West. Also with strappy heels, sometimes I'd have to see them worn to know if I'll like it or not...

I've noticed with some of the heels I have, I tend to find ones I like from the same designers.

Where u got them, what size are they, heel height and if they still have them (the place where u got them from)

I bought them from a shop in the mall close to where I lived. The heel is 5.5 inches high and they are no longer available.

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!