Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I just got back from a short shopping trip at my usual haunts. I went out wearing a gold-yellow long sleeved V neck knit top, a black stretch fabric skort, black leggings, a black leather blazer, black purse and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼“ stilettos.

First stop was Sam’s for a couple of items. I have commented that these boots are a little more difficult to manage than any other pair I have. It still takes me walking in them for at least 10 minutes before I feel that I’m walking comfortably. With that high a heel I do make an effort to stand very erect and I find that helps with the balance.

In Sam’s as I was passing one of the food giveaway counters the gall running it (young black) said, “Would you like to try… Oh I like your boots!” I thanked her and didn’t break stride.

I had a short list and I made the effort to get one item from one side of the store and the next from the other side then back again for the next. This was an exercise in enjoying being out and about.

The next stop was a nearby Goodwill where I found a white leather skirt. I’ve been on the lookout for one for a long time. The gal at the register, who knows me, commented on what a nice skirt it was. When I got it home I discovered it still had the new tags on the inside but the zipper was defective. I haven’t decided if I’m going to return it or replace the zipper.

While I was in the Goodwill I walked past a guy who commented to his companion, “You see all sorts of dumb ass people in here.”

I looked straight at him and said, “You sure do.” I got a surprised look then a chagrin smile.

I stopped at the electronics repair shop to see if my amps were done but the parts had not come in yet.

The last stop was a thrift store down the street from the repair shop. I wandered through and found a nice sweater for $1.

A short but fun outing.

:wavey:

Rick24 – There have been some nice responses about wearing heels in your Belfast thread.

Great comeback!

I went shopping yesterday, which was a rather cold day (23 F, -5 C) with wind chill near 0F (-18C). I wore a pull over black sweater, black leggings, a knee length black denim skirt, my long black suede coat, and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼" stilettos. I am finding it easier to walk in these boots and I suspect the main reason is practice, but new insoles and the shoe starting to stretch a little also helps. Regardless, it is still a high narrow heel that requires paying attention. This trip was a matter of necessity; I was literally out of cat food. Had it not been for that I would have postponed the trip for a day because I am recovering from a bout of the flu that has had me down and out for three days. I felt worn out as I walked out to the car and it occurred to me that those heels were not my best choice but I decided to at least start with them. The first stop was PetCo (I had my priorities right). I walked in and headed to the cat food section when I heard "Hi you" from behind me. It was the gal that has chatted with me about boots wearing in the past. We chatted about cat food as I took my stuff to the register. I commented that is had gotten, "Brisk outside." She said, "It sure has, I notice your wearing a skirt today." The other clerk at the register joined in the conversation saying it was her last day and we chatted about her future plans. As I left, my friend said, "By sweetie", which I guess is a step up from Hon. The next stop was the electronics repair shop to see if my amp was done. As I walked in the owner greeted me by name and said he was just about to call me because my amp was ready to go. As happy as I was to get the amp I was immediately concerned about getting it home because, 1) I was starting to feel awful, 2) it weighs 75 lb., and 3) I was on 5¼" stilettos. I paid the bill and fortunately he helped me get the amp into my car. This guy has never commented on my attire but since his primary clientele are musicians he is not surprised by anything. The last stop was Sam's. I stopped at the gas pumps and filled the tank than went looking for a close in parking space. Unfortunately the place was busy and I had to take an outer parking space. I was feeling bad enough that I organized my shopping so I did the least amount of walking and I was glad I had the shopping cart for support. The shopping was without incident. I gathered my stuff and headed to checkout where I chatted with the clerk and she rang up my stuff. I normally make a couple other stops while I'm in this neighborhood, but not today. I headed home and put on a pair of flats before I carried my stuff in. To get the amp in, I drove into my front yard so I wouldn’t have to carry it very far. This was a nice outing. Despite the cold temperatures (crotch high leather boots over leggings are warm), and feeling awful, I got my amp back, the cats got food, and I had fun. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

This guy has never commented on my attire but since his primary clientele are musicians he is not surprised by anything.

Yep! Ive picked up equipment and items from the local ' Guitar Center ' and the well known ' House of Guitars ' in Rochester in some weird attire. Seen some people that some would say are ' freaky ' at both places. After a chat, they werent ' freaky ' at all.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I had oral surgery today. It turned out to not be as bad as it sounds but it still took an hour. I went to the dentist wearing a white long neck turtleneck, black slacks, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I chose the lower heel because I thought that after the surgery they would be the better choice. I figured if I was going to have a miserable experience, I might as well wear boots. All in all it turned out to be nowhere near as bad as I was expecting and the boots made my day. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy, I've had a number of dental procedures done over the years, a lot of it at Marquette Dental School in Milwaukee and it was a good experience. Much less expensive and every thing supervised along the way. It is a FAR cry from the time I had two impacted molars removed in Turkey in 1983 when I was in the military. I had so much pain I had to do something and a dentist removed them without any novocaine/xylocaine. He just gave me a rubber ball and told me to squeeze. I felt much better about 20 minutes later! Modern dentistry is amazing and many should not be afraid to go and get their teeth fixed. Now of only I had some heels on that time! HappyinHeels

I had some time off Friday morning and I went out on a short shopping trip. I was wearing black slacks, a pullover light brown sweater, a black leather blazer and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼" stilettos. In the car I discovered that the tang on the zipper of one of the boots had broken after I had the boots on. The zipper would not go down which meant I couldn’t take the boot off. The zipper has a locking mechanism that the tang released and with no tang, the zipper wouldn’t move. I needed something to put into the opening previously occupied by the tang to trip the release. I safety pin would have been a good choice but not having one I notices an extra small key ring holding one key on my larger key ring. I looped that small rung through the whole in the zipper and it worked perfectly. I recommend this repair over the commonly used safety pin because it works and looks a lot better. First stop was the nail salon for a fill in for my four guitar pick nails. This shop is very used to seeing me and all the folks that have done my nails looked up and greeted me when I walked in. They don't do that for all the customers. I only had a short wait. I had been in the day before but there were too many folks waiting so I told them I'd be back tomorrow. The day before one of the gals had on a nice pair of black knee high boots over jeans, today she was wearing a pair of Uggs over jeans. I asked her if they were comfortable and she said that were Very comfortable. I told her I liked the pair she was wearing yesterday better then the Uggs and she said a lot of people did. Anyway I go mu nails done and headed to the Guitar Center. I have an old Yamaha FG-180 that I have worn the frets down to almost flat. I asked the repairman (who knows me very well) about refretting the instrument with high frets. The high frets are to make playing bar cords a little easier. I left the instrument with him for the work which should take a couple of weeks. If this goes well I will have it done to my Martin the next time it needs fret work. I went to Sam for a few staples. As I was walking around I heard a voice behind me calling, "Sir,… Oh Sir." I turned around and a young black lady came running up to me and was bubbling over with enthusiasm. She started with a tumble of words that included "I love your boots!" "Where did you get them?" She grabbed my hand and went on "Your just out here doing your thing!" "What size are they?" "I've been wanting a really tall pair like those." "They're leather aren’t they?" I told her they were Tony style U boots with 5¼" heels and to look on line for thigh boots or crotch boots. We bid each other a good afternoon. All in all a fun outing. :wavey:

My Tony – U boots needed heel tips… well they have for a long time now but I had never gotten around to having them replaced. Anyway, I found a new cobbler and called and asked if he could do a pair of heel tips this afternoon. He said he could so I headed out wearing a brown pullover sweater, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The temperature was in the 50s F. so I didn’t need a jacket or blazer.

Spikemike asked what these boots were. The manufacturer is Tony’s shoes and style U are leather crotch high boots with a full length side zipper on a +5” stiletto heel.

Tony - U Picture

Anyway, I found the cobblers shop and walked in wearing a pair of boots and holding another pair in my hand. There was a customer being waited on and as soon as they had finished, I handed him my boots and said I had called about heel tips. He said it would be 15 – 30 minutes and I could wait and he didn’t bat an eye at being handed a pair of stiletto heeled crotch high size 14 boots by their owner, who was a guy. I asked if he could also put on a set of toe plates and he said that he could.

I sat down, crossed my legs so my ankle was on my knee and waited for him to finish. While I was there four other customers came in to either drop off work or to pick up completed work. Only one guy gave me a second glance. When he had finished, I asked him if this was a typical Saturday and he said it was and I congratulated him on his success. I told him that the last two cobblers I had used had gone out of business. He said he was one of the few left. I paid my very reasonable bill and headed home.

Very short but productive outing.

:wavey:

I just got back from seeing the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I went to the theater wearing a long necked white turtleneck, black blazer, a short black leather skirt, black leggings, and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼” stilettos. Often, anymore when I go out, I am not aware of what I’m wearing. That is not to say I don’t know I’m wearing a skirt or thigh boots, but I don’t pay any more attention to it than I would if I were wearing slacks and loafers. Today, for some reason, I was aware of what I was wearing and that made me a little more self conscious which made it a little more difficult to be nonchalant. I’m glad I have the experience in wearing boots and skirts to not let that awareness take over and show itself to the public, but I did have to work at it today. Another factor for today’s outing was the fact that when I went in and when I left, the lobby was packed with kids (with no parents, church group) and that is a tough audience. I did notice things got a little quieter when I walked in through the lobby, and I did hear peals of childish laughter when I walked out. There weren’t too many folks in the theater when I walked in and I took my favorite seat in the middle of the theater. After I sat down I don’t think anyone else even knew I was wearing a skirt and boots. The movie was Ok but not as good as the first Holmes film. I have mentioned that walking in these boots sometimes takes me a minute or two to get my heel legs under me. After sitting in the theater for two and a half hours, I got up slowly and made sure I was walking comfortable before I headed out through the lobby and on to my car. When I got to the lobby, there was a group of kids (30) blocking the exit and their chaperone had to herd them out of the way so folks could get out of the theater. Of course I had to walk through the middle of them and I was aware that they all noticed what I was wearing (the boots and skirt were down at their eye level). As I said earlier, I was greeted with peals of childish laughter. Fortunately they stayed in the lobby as I walked on to my car. It was still a fun outing. :wavey:

After work I needed to stop for some cat food. I went out wearing a off white turtleneck, black leather slacks with a side zipper, black leather vest, and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼“ stilettos. My first stop was PetCo where my favorite clerk greeted me with “Hi Sweety”. I went to the shelves and got my cat food and headed back to the register. She was commenting on how warm the weather was today even though we didn’t see the sun. When she had finished ringing me up (there was no one else in the store), I asked her how she would present what I was wearing differently. She looked me over and recommended an ankle chain for the boots and a thin belt for the slacks. I asked if it would look better with jeans rather than these slacks. She said that she liked the leather slacks, and that not everyone could wear them, but in her opinion I could. She sort of stumbled with her words but then said she was proud of me that I could do what I’m doing. We bid each other a good afternoon. Next I stopped at the gas pumps at Sam’s and they were busy. I filled my tank and I don’t think anyone except the attendant who knows me even noticed my boots. There was a lady at the next pump that had on a pair of mid calf black suede boots with at least a 4” stiletto heel. As I was driving out I commented, “nice heels” and got a smile. In Sam’s there was a young black lady on the other side of the produce stand that called over to me, “Do you still shop here? I used to work here a long time ago and I remember you.” “The boots are that memorable?” “Yeah your boots sure are.” In the bakery a very attractive young lady was working in jeans and a pair of tan suede kneehigh boots with a full low block heel. I asked her if they were as comfortable as the looked. I got a big smile and she said they were very comfortable. I told her they looked good too, and got another smile. After Sam’s I stopped in a nearby goodwill to look for an ankle chain. As I walked in an older black gentleman watch me heading his way and commented, “I like your boots.” I thanked him and went in to look around. I didn’t find anything I really wanted so I headed home. Normally I take my heels off when I carrying stuff in from the car but tonight I left the on and took a picture. post-928-13352297364_thumb.jpg :wavey:

Really liked the outfit TBG. I furthur faithfully follow your adventures.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Normally I take my heels off when I carrying stuff in from the car but tonight I left the on and took a picture.

Now that's a classy outfit. Nicely done.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I stopped at a Kroger Pharmacy to pick up a prescription and tried something that was, for me, a little different. I wore a blue suit, black hose, a red turtleneck, and black knee high boots with 2” block heels. These are the same boots I wear at work under slacks. post-928-133522974456_thumb.jpg I got a couple glances as I walked in from the parking lot. In the store there was a long line at the pharmacy and I had to just stand there for at least 10 minutes. When I waked up to the counter the gal that waited on me (young black) was clearly uncomfortable with the way I looked. I didn’t push the issue and only spoke enough to complete the transaction. I was comfortable in the outfit but I did miss my thigh boots and heels. I’ve mention before that wearin them gives me the mental license to wear anything else. The outfit today was much more mainstream except that a guy was wearing it. Thanks alll for the comments on the last outfit. :wavey:

Like this skirt on you TBG. Not craxy about the blazer though, it definitely shows that it's cut for a woman. Like your use of color between the purple and the red-orange. You're absolutely right, need better boots with the outfit.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I hesitate to criticise anything you wear, TBG, as you are an inspiration to us all. But I don't think the outfit at 2664 did you many favours - rather too 'Mrs Doubtfire' to my mind!

That at 2659, on the other hand, was imho a very acceptable man-in-heels look. (But those boots don't look crotch-high in the pic - or is the 'band' at mid-thigh an embellishment rather than the boot top?)

I'm slightly worried about the frequency with which you seem to buy cat food. Either you have a veritable menagerie of hungry moggies or you are partial to their grub yourself - which is it? :wavey:

I hesitate to criticise anything you wear, TBG, as you are an inspiration to us all. But I don't think the outfit at 2664 did you many favours - rather too 'Mrs Doubtfire' to my mind!

That at 2659, on the other hand, was imho a very acceptable man-in-heels look. (But those boots don't look crotch-high in the pic - or is the 'band' at mid-thigh an embellishment rather than the boot top?)

I'm slightly worried about the frequency with which you seem to buy cat food. Either you have a veritable menagerie of hungry moggies or you are partial to their grub yourself - which is it? :wavey:

Puffer put his finger directly on the problem. I also thought there was something out of phase with this look when I looked at it. Puffer is correct. In my opinion, is to "old" looking compared to the other outfits you've put together. Now, if I showed you a picture of my maiden Aunt Martha, you'd know what I am talking about.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I went to a concert last night wearing jeans, a red sweater turtleneck, a black leather vest, my black leather purse, and black leather crotch high boots with 5¼“ stilettos. I was cold enough that I also wore my long black suede coat but I took it off in the auditorium. The performers were a Canadian vocal group called Cadence and they put on an excellent show. My seat was in the second role on the isle so my boots were clearly visible to anyone that looked in that direction. Before the show I spent about 15 minutes standing in the front of the auditorium talking to and greeted me with a welcome back as I was taking my seat. At intermission I wandered around the lobby just to see what was going on. I met one of the organizers and he greeted me with a handshake and a warm welcome. I chatted with the folks seated around me about the up coming concerts. No one seemed to give my boots a second glance. I mention it was cold (25F 4C) and many of the ladies were wearing boots but nothing higher than knee high, and I had the only pair of heels in the crowd. I had a great time. :) Thanks for all the comments about my wearing a suit. I was going for a look that wasn’t quite as far away from what someone might normally wear (thigh boots with stiletto heels) but I hadn’t considered that I hadn’t seen someone in a suit for a long time (except at work and even there it was rare). I really do appreciate the feedback. I still enjoy trying looks that are different than ones I have presented before, sometimes with more success than others. I know that boots and jeans always work but other than that I’m still having fun trying other stuff. Sometimes I lean toward the fem side a little too far but I kind of enjoy pushing things in that direction. When I meet someone that seems interested or curious about what I’m doing, I often ask their advice on what they would do differently. That solicitation is always there for folks at hhplace.org. :wavey: Puffer - I have five cats. Trying to explain that there is no food is not a plesant experience and I really try to avoid it.

THBG, I really liked your outfit in picture 2559. That's the kind of leather look that I like to wear myself. With me it's mostly black stretch leather boots with 3" block heels. Occasionally I do wear a pair of Nine West 4" stiletto boots but I am not as steady on my feet wearing them. Keep on posting! I also like your pictures!!!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I stopped at the podiatrist this afternoon for a final checkup on surgery (removed a bone spur). The toe has healed perfectly and both he and I were delighted at the results. I wore a long dark gray pull over sweater, black leggings and black leather thigh boots with 4’ stilettos. The only caution my podiatrist has ever given me (and he repeated it today) is about a cramped toe box. He said that compressing the toes together could aggravate the bone spur site can cause it to regrow. I’m quite sure that he doesn’t believe me when I tell him that my boots have more room around my toes than normal guy shoes have. The only other shoe he has ever seen me wear was the after surgery shoe I had to wear for a couple of weeks, other than that he has only seen me in thigh boots with 4” heels. :wavey:

I had another uneventful shopping trip after work. The only thing noteworthy was the Sam's register operator's comment, "Oh lets see which pair you have on... Ah, my favorite pair." Blue dress shirt, black leather vest,,dark green slacks (size 14), black leather purse, and black leather crotch high boots with 5 1/4" stilettos with a gold ankle chain. post-928-133522975005_thumb.jpg post-928-133522975008_thumb.jpg :wavey:

I stopped in a Lowe's Hardware after work today wearing a black pull over sweater, black leather vest, black hose, a short black leather skirt, black leather crotch high boots with 5¼“ stilettos and a gold boot ankle chain plus a black leather purse. The top of the boots were just above the hem of the skirt. I got a couple looks as I walked across the parking lot but I would have been disappointed if no one had noticed. In the store I had to ask where my item was shelved only to find out they didn’t carry it. I headed back out to my car. No one said a thing except a clerk in the store who bid me a good afternoon as I was leaving. I stopped at a smaller hardware store closer to home. I have been in there many times before but there was a new clerk on duty (middle aged white guy) that gave me a look as I walked in that would have cooled soup. He didn’t say anything and he had to help me locate my stuff but I think he would have rather been on break while I was in the store. But professionalism prevailed, and he rang up my items and bid me a good evening. It was too late to get a picture but the look was similar to the last picture I posted except the slacks were replaced with a leather skirt. This pair of boots still requires a bit of concentration to stay on balance. I do appreciate a shopping cart when I’m wearing them, not that I’m hanging onto the cart to keep from falling, rather I use it to occasionally help if I take a long stride. Having said that, why wear heels that are that treacherous? They’re fun. :wavey:

I just had a great afternoon out and about. I hadn’t been to the art museum for several months and figured it was time to head back over. I wore a red turtleneck sweater, black suede pants, a red suede blazer, black leather crotch boots with 5¼” stilettos with a gold boot chain, and a black leather purse and similar art bag. A study in black and red leather. It is a long walk in from the parking lot and my feet immediately reminded me I was tenuous heels. The folks at the desk greeted me like a long lost friend and I headed up the stairs to a gallery. The museum was busy and there were guided tours coming through the gallery. I had selected a painting the museum had recently hung and was sitting on a bench in the middle of the gallery sketching away. One of the guards greeted me and noted he had not seen me in quite a while. My favorite Monet is hanging in the gallery and when the first tour came through the docent gave a poor talk (in my opinion) about the painting so I chimed in and pointed out some stuff she hadn’t seen. She seriously thanked me for my contribution. I did the same thing with the next tour, and that docent asked me if I would want to join the docent program. One of the ladies in the tour group stayed behind and said that she always saw me at the concert series I have posted about. She was glad to see that I also enjoyed the museum. I think she is one of the sponsors of the concert series. I moved to another gallery and joined up with the drawing group. I parked myself in front of another of my favorite pictures and started to sketch. I talked to at least twenty people about the picture I was sketching, mostly getting them to take a close look at it. A lot of folks were interested in my sketch and a couple folks noticed my boots but most didn’t seem to care. One guy did take notice of my boots and asked me if I was a full time artist or only a weekend artist. The lady that leads the drawing group’s daughter was also drawing and sporting a pair of closed toe pumps with at least 4” heels. I did give her a “Nice heels” comment and got a big smile in return. I did walk through the lobby and an older lady gave me a soup cooling look then I overheard her talking to her husband, “I don’t know how he can walk in them.” I noticed a lot of ladies were wearing boots and some with nice heels. I also noticed one nice pair of OTK boots in a neighboring gallery that unfortunately didn’t wander into the gallery where I was working. On the elevator to the ground floor I was joined by a couple and the lady was wearing platform pumps with a 5” heel. I would up walking in front of them on the way to my car and I tried to make sure I was walking nicely even though it is downhill and my feet were letting me know they were tired of the heels. On the way home, I stopped in a park for a couple of pictures. I set the camera on a picnic table and set the self-timer and moved into the field of view. A lady walking her dog saw what I was doing and offered to take a few pictures for me. I petted the dog and I took her up on her offer. She didn’t comment or even hint that a guy posing for pictures in tall boots with stiletto heels was out of the ordinary. I drove to a second location overlooking Cincinnati and took some more pictures (appoligies for the soft focus). post-928-133522975257_thumb.jpg post-928-133522975268_thumb.jpg post-928-133522975276_thumb.jpg post-928-133522975279_thumb.jpg post-928-133522975284_thumb.jpg All in all a really fun afternoon after which I was exhausted. :wavey: