Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I refuse to try to single handedly save the economy on the Friday after Thanksgiving but as it turned out I really needed to go shopping and I decided to take advantage of a loss leader. I went shopping wearing a long sleeved dark blue dress shirt, jeans, my black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos, a black leather blazer and my black leather purse. The first stop was the Guitar Center where I spent an hour playing good guitars. I found a couple of used instruments that needed a little repair and brought them out to the repairman for him to work on (The store seemed glad I had done that.) Then headed for the loss leaders, two decent guitar stands for $10, seven sets of my favorite strings for $25 and an18’ guitar cable for $4. I took my stuff out to the car and thought that price on the cable was too good to pass up and want back in and got another one plus 12 sets of my second favorite strings for $25. It’s going to be a while before I need strings again but one of my biggest joys is playing on new strings. The folks in this store are so used to seeing me wearing thigh boots that they expect it and no one even gave a second glance (including the other customers who are mostly musicians). The next stop was Sam’s for a couple quick items. That was also without any incident but I did see a lady wearing a pair of granny boots with 3” stiletto heels. I didn’t have a chance to complement her though. On Saturday I had run out of cat food. It isn’t easy to try to convince several cats that it’s on the way so I headed out fairly early wearing a gray T-shirt, jeans, black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos, and my black leather purse. At the end of November it was warm enough to leave the blazer at home. I headed to PetCo and got the food. There was a new manager (female 30s white) and she walked up to me at the register and said, “I really like your boots.” I thanked her and she went on, “I really want a pair of tall boots… they look like my size… where did you get them?” I told her they were available on Amazon and how much they cost. She then told me, “I used to have a pair that laced up and had a buckle on the top that came up to here (and indicated a spot way up on her leg), I used to call them my hooker boots and I wore them for special occasions.” I think she realized she was talking to a total stranger about her hooker boots and we bid each other a good morning. I stopped in a near by Goodwill and found a long sleeved black tight necked sweater that falls at about the same length as a mini skirt. I tried on a pair of size 10 boots (or attempted to); sometimes you get lucky and they are sized small but alas that was not the case. Out in the car I changed the gray T-shirt for the black pull over sweater and it looked great with the jeans and boots. There was a new Habitat for Humanity store (used building materials) and I wandered through. No one even raised an eyebrow. I was heading towards home and decided to head for my cobbler to have him run my boots under his black polish buffing wheel. To my shock it looks like the building he was in has been put up for sale and he was no longer there. Now I have to find another cobbler. On the way towards home I passed a shopping center with a Nordstrum’s Rack store. I parked between the BMW and a Mercadies (up scale strip mall) about a block away from the store. The lot was completely full. I caught my reflection in several windows and thought the boots and sweater looked good. The guy at the door at Nordstrum’s did a quick glance at my boots then welcomed me to the store. I headed for the shoe department and was greeted with three wall racks of 13s and 5 racks of 12s. There were all sorts of shoes from a 5½” stiletto pump with a ½” platform in a 13 to very nice knee high boots. One lady (mid 20s black) was trying on boots and said, “Oh, I like those boots” (meaning mine). I said, “I was just about to say I liked those (the ones she had on) to.” I got a nice smile and a thanks. I did not try anything on. The place was packed and there just wasn’t anyplace left to sit down. Rather than waste the stores time and inconvenience paying customers I just looked at shoes and boots then headed out and back to my car. All in all a really fun couple of outings and thanks all for the kind well wishes. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It's great to see how your boots can be an automatic icebreaker with some women. Another great outing TBG.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I refuse to try to single handedly save the economy on the Friday after Thanksgiving but as it turned out I really needed to go shopping and I decided to take advantage of a loss leader. I went shopping wearing a long sleeved dark blue dress shirt, jeans, my black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos, a black leather blazer and my black leather purse.

The first stop was the Guitar Center where I spent an hour playing good guitars. I found a couple of used instruments that needed a little repair and brought them out to the repairman for him to work on (The store seemed glad I had done that.) Then headed for the loss leaders, two decent guitar stands for $10, seven sets of my favorite strings for $25 and an18’ guitar cable for $4. I took my stuff out to the car and thought that price on the cable was too good to pass up and want back in and got another one plus 12 sets of my second favorite strings for $25. It’s going to be a while before I need strings again but one of my biggest joys is playing on new strings. The folks in this store are so used to seeing me wearing thigh boots that they expect it and no one even gave a second glance (including the other customers who are mostly musicians).

The next stop was Sam’s for a couple quick items. That was also without any incident but I did see a lady wearing a pair of granny boots with 3” stiletto heels. I didn’t have a chance to complement her though.

On Saturday I had run out of cat food. It isn’t easy to try to convince several cats that it’s on the way so I headed out fairly early wearing a gray T-shirt, jeans, black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos, and my black leather purse. At the end of November it was warm enough to leave the blazer at home.

I headed to PetCo and got the food. There was a new manager (female 30s white) and she walked up to me at the register and said, “I really like your boots.” I thanked her and she went on, “I really want a pair of tall boots… they look like my size… where did you get them?” I told her they were available on Amazon and how much they cost. She then told me, “I used to have a pair that laced up and had a buckle on the top that came up to here (and indicated a spot way up on her leg), I used to call them my hooker boots and I wore them for special occasions.” I think she realized she was talking to a total stranger about her hooker boots and we bid each other a good morning.

I stopped in a near by Goodwill and found a long sleeved black tight necked sweater that falls at about the same length as a mini skirt. I tried on a pair of size 10 boots (or attempted to); sometimes you get lucky and they are sized small but alas that was not the case. Out in the car I changed the gray T-shirt for the black pull over sweater and it looked great with the jeans and boots.

There was a new Habitat for Humanity store (used building materials) and I wandered through. No one even raised an eyebrow.

I was heading towards home and decided to head for my cobbler to have him run my boots under his black polish buffing wheel. To my shock it looks like the building he was in has been put up for sale and he was no longer there. Now I have to find another cobbler.

On the way towards home I passed a shopping center with a Nordstrum’s Rack store. I parked between the BMW and a Mercadies (up scale strip mall) about a block away from the store. The lot was completely full. I caught my reflection in several windows and thought the boots and sweater looked good. The guy at the door at Nordstrum’s did a quick glance at my boots then welcomed me to the store. I headed for the shoe department and was greeted with three wall racks of 13s and 5 racks of 12s. There were all sorts of shoes from a 5½” stiletto pump with a ½” platform in a 13 to very nice knee high boots. One lady (mid 20s black) was trying on boots and said, “Oh, I like those boots” (meaning mine).

I said, “I was just about to say I liked those (the ones she had on) to.” I got a nice smile and a thanks.

I did not try anything on. The place was packed and there just wasn’t anyplace left to sit down. Rather than waste the stores time and inconvenience paying customers I just looked at shoes and boots then headed out and back to my car.

All in all a really fun couple of outings and thanks all for the kind well wishes.

:smile:

You really had a great day out in your boots, thanks for sharing your adventures with us, truly inspirational for me! don

Is this anyone we know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5JWOVui6Fc'>Men in thigh boots in New York

Short video of a guy wearing thigh boots (Pleaser 8890, cow leather, 4" heel) with stiletto heels on the streets of New York.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Is this anyone we know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5JWOVui6Fc'>Men in thigh boots in New York

Short video of a guy wearing thigh boots (Pleaser 8890, cow leather, 4" heel) with stiletto heels on the streets of New York.

It's me!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I sent this video to lolla for his blog a few weeks ago. It's from the heel meet in New York back in 2009. I think Kneehighs shot the video. Here's the original blog post.

http://highheelspassion.blogspot.com/2011/11/men-wearing-high-heels-on-amsterdams.html#links

I was actually surprised that TBG was able to correctly name the make and model of my thightboots despite the blurry video.

I took Friday off from work and headed to the nail salon to get my four guitar playing nails done. I wore a heavy pull over sweater that falls about where a mini shirt would fall. black leggings, a black leather blazer, and black leather thigh bots with 4" stilettos.

The salon was not busy and I had no wait. The gal was much more chatty than she normally is, maybe she is just realizing I will be a steady customer. We talked about playing music, why I only had four nails done rather than all five, and only on one hand. I showed her how I use the nails (posting my little finger on the guitar). Then she understood why I wanted then thicker on one side than the other (I wear them down where the strings hit).

After that I headed for Sam's to do a bit of shopping. I went through and got most of my stuff and took it out to the car then went back in and got a two wheeler handcart. I needed it to be able to move my new guitar amp without breaking my fingers. The amp weighs 75 pounds and that’s too much to carry around. It has side handles that let me get it in and out of the car by distributing the weight between both hands but the top handle is a finger breaker.

On neither stop did my boots draw any undue attention or comment but since I have been to these locations many times before that was not a surprise.

I was actually surprised that TBG was able to correctly name the make and model of my thightboots despite the blurry video.

Shafted - I have an identical pair. The little buckle on the back gave them away. A couple of years ago one of the heels on my pair broke and the cobbler was unable to find an identical match so now I have one thicker heel on one boot. This is not a noticeable defect and I still love wearing them. With the colder weather, especially in your neck of the woods, you should give them an outing at the theater.

Thank you for sharing your day with us in your thighboots. I always look forward to reading your posts. As I've told you before, you inspire me and give me new ideas as to wear high heels in public. Thank you again and keep up the great posts.

I took Friday off from work to attend a concert tonight. I noticed one of my picking nails was starting to come loose so I headed over to the nail salon wearing black leggings, a bright red T-shirt, a black leather blazer, a black denim knee length skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The black and red provided a nice contrast. The gals that run the salon now recognize me as a regular customer and greeted me warmly. I explained my nail problem and they proceeded to remove the loose nail and replace it. I told them that I really stressed those nails when I play and having one come off would be a disaster. They didn’t charge me for the repair and wouldn’t take no for an answer. I thanked them and headed out to the car. My favorite thrift emporium is in the same strip mall so I headed in just to look around. I found a full length black suede coat for $9 which was too good to pass up. It's style in not a trench coat, rather the bottom has a bit of a flair to it and there is only one button just below breast high. I tried it on and it fit snuggly. I headed out to my car and changed from my leather blazer to my new coat. I have never worn a long coat and I really noticed the extra material as soon as I sat down in the car. I made sure it was all inside the car before I closed the door. I needed a few items at Sam's so I headed over. I really liked the look and feel of the skirt and coat! I wandered around Sam's for a few minutes then headed back home. Much earlier in this thread folks suggested it would be a good idea to wear thigh boots under a long coat, with the expatiation that the coat would hide the boots. I think the boots look good with this coat for just the opposite reason. The coat is styles so that it falls closed when I'm standing still but as soon as I walk the bottom opens and my boots are clearly striding in front of me. It was a fun morning outing. I'll post more about the concert later. :smile:

The concert tonight was at the Oxford Oh, Community Arts Center. This was the fourth annual Christmas concert that local musicians put on for the benefit of the Center. What I failed to mention in the earlier post was that I was one of the performers. I went on stage wearing a bright red turtleneck, black slacks (no rear pockets) and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I did two numbers that were just guitar and vocal and both went very well and were much appreciated by the audience. The hall was packed with about 300 people and no one even mentioned that I was wearing boots with heels. My guess is that figured that eccentricity was part of being a performer and let it go at that. It has been over ten years since I have done any musical performance. To say I was nervous is an understatement. I had worked on the material enough that the performance was almost automatic and as soon as I started all the nerves left me, and I just had a great time. As for the boots; the folks in Oxford have never seen me not wearing them but the confidence I have gained by wearing them in pubic really helped me in tonight's performance. Bottom line is I had a great time performing while wearing thigh boots. :smile:

That was a great post to read thighbootguy. Whether you realise or not the fact that you have the confidence to wear stiletto thighboots is more than enough confidence to pull off a stellar performance. There is nothing you can't do.

I really like this new long black suede coat I’ve found. I’ve worn it out and about several times now, each time with my thigh boots with 4” stilettos and black leggings.

The first outing was to what used to be a bastion reserved for males, a Home Depot Hardware store. It is no longer reserved for males but I have never seen anyone else wearing heels in the store. Anyway, I was wearing a gray T-shirt with a black denim skirt, the coat, leggings and boots. I had to go to two stores to find the item I was looking for. In both stores I had to ask for help, and in neither store was I made to feel uncomfortable by the staff or the other customers.

A day later I had to go back for another item. I was wearing about the same thing, but without the skirt, and got the same reaction.

Today I had to drop my guitar amp off at the repair shop which specialized on guitar amps and PA systems for performers. I wore a bulky brown pull over sweater, leggings, boots and my coat. The repair guy had to come out to my car with me t help bring the amp into the shop (75 lb., 34 kg). He didn’t bat an eye and asked me if I had a gig. I told him I had one Sunday and the amp died on the Saturday evening before. I didn’t expect him to be surprised that one of his musician customers was pushing the clothing boundaries a little bit.

There was a thrift store up the street from the repair shop and not wanting to pass up the opportunity for a bargain, I stopped in. For the most part I was ignored, but I found a white satin blouse that I thought would look good with the coat. In the parking lot I traded the sweater for the blouse, and it did look good!

I needed to stop in PetCo for some cat food and it was in the general area so I drove over. When I walked in one of the new clerks (young white female) asked if I wanted a case of food (my normal order) and proceeded to get it for me. The manager (slightly older white female) said, “You look good today, I love that coat… I was the one that liked your boots last time you were in.”

I thanked her then asked for a dry food I didn’t see on the shelf. She helped me find it and told me about another brand she preferred. She repeated that she really liked the coat and rubbed the sleeve. At the register, she rang up my stuff commented that the last time was in I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I guess the boots really did make an impression and she didn’t seem concerned that I was pushing things to another level, in fact I think she kind of liked it. I asked her if I should have worn a skirt and she stopped and looked me over and said that she hadn’t noticed that I wasn’t wearing one but that the outfit looked good without one. (I was letting the satin blouse acts as a shirt.) We bid each other a good evening and I headed for my car. I may push things a little further next time I need cat food.

My last stop was Sam’s for a couple of things and I didn’t bother with a cart so I wasn’t hiding behind one. No one seemed to pay any attention to me at all.

Like I said, I really like this black suede and white satin contrast. I’m gonna have to wear this more often.

Bravo, TBG! You're quite the renaissance man! Big ups to you!

Thanks JeffB. I've never been too much of a fan of music written after the Renaissance. :smile:

Suede coat, eh? Sounds pretty cool. Another interesting aspect of your unique fashion sense has come to the fore. Color me impressed. I'm going to have to experiment with a skirt, leggings and boots, sounds like a fabulous combo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I had a podiatrist appointment this afternoon to check up on the progress of the surgery. (It is doing very well and the doctor was pleased.) I wore a gray pull over sweater, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos and my full length suede coat. When the doctor came in he noticed my boots but didn’t say anything. He asked me if I was healing well and I first took the question as heeling well and said, "Things are going fine", which answered both questions. He did caution me about compressing my toes together in tight shoes because it would retard the healing but other than that he said nothing about my wearing heels. When he left and I was pulling on my boot, I told the nurse, "I don't think he believes me that these are more comfortable than my dress shoes." She just gave me a smile and shook her head. After the doctors visit, I headed for the Kroger's pharmacy. I added a black denim skirt to the outfit. No one seemed to pay any attention. I did get a nice greeting coming and going from the clerk at the front door. Next I headed for Sam's. I changed the knee length black denim skirt for a blue denim mini. It is the middle of December but the temperature is in the upper 50s F (12 C) so a mini was comfortable. The first Sam's didn't have the item I wanted so I headed across town to a different Sam's and found what I wanted. In neither store did I raise any undo attention and in both I was greeted warmly by the staff. It was a quick but nice outing. :smile:

I had a podiatrist appointment this afternoon to check up on the progress of the surgery. (It is doing very well and the doctor was pleased.) I wore a gray pull over sweater, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos and my full length suede coat.

Interesting. I've been thinking about wearing a long sweater/leggings/thigh boot combo but just haven't gotten around to it. How long was the sweater? Did it sufficiently cover what it needed to be covered? And, did the outfit look stylish?

Interesting. I've been thinking about wearing a long sweater/leggings/thigh boot combo but just haven't gotten around to it. How long was the sweater? Did it sufficiently cover what it needed to be covered? And, did the outfit look stylish?

The hem of the sweater fell about where a micro skirt would fall, and when I had the mini skirt on with the sweater, it just peeked out from the bottom of the sweater so the needed covering was in place. With the long coat, however, you would have to look twice to see if I was wearing a skirt at all. (The gal at the pet store [a couple posts back] hadn't noticed I wasn't wearing one.)

To make it stylish... probably add a belt. However, most folks know better than to ask me about being stylish.

Shafted - Thanks for the kind thoughts.

The hem of the sweater fell about where a micro skirt would fall, and when I had the mini skirt on with the sweater, it just peeked out from the bottom of the sweater so the needed covering was in place. With the long coat, however, you would have to look twice to see if I was wearing a skirt at all. (The gal at the pet store [a couple posts back] hadn't noticed I wasn't wearing one.)

To make it stylish... probably add a belt. However, most folks know better than to ask me about being stylish.

Thanks for the insight, TBG! I'm dying to give that combo a try, just to see what, if anything might happen. As soon as I get my hands on a long sweater, I'll give it a try and file a report.

I stopped in Sam's last night after work. I was in a hurry and did not change from my work shoes to my boots. At the checkout the register operator asked, "So where are your boots?" The staff has come to expect me to be wearing thigh boots. This morning I took a couple hours off from work and visited the County property assessment office. I had to park several city blocks away from the court house so I had a nice walk to and from the building. I was wearing a black leather blazer over a white ribbed turtleneck, jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I was surprised that I hardly got any notice as I walked. In the court house it was much the same. In the office I was standing at a counter that hid everything from my chest down so the clerk really couldn’t see my boots. It was the same in the Tax office. My next stop was the police station to contest a parking ticket. I walked in wearing my boots and filled out all the forms, all without notice or comment. I'm contesting the ticket on the grounds that the city put up the no parking sign while I was parked and then gave me a ticket for being parked in a no parking zone. My boots really are just another pair of shoes. :smile::wave:

I just ran out to a grocery store I haven’t visited in years. I wore jeans, a white ribbed turtleneck, black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos and my black suede long coat. The boos disappear up under the coat and are not really noticeable as thigh boots unless I tale a long step. I think a few people noticed I was wearing heels but I didn't get any notice at all. I thought the visit was going to generate a little more interest than it did because I have never worn boots in that store before. After the grocery, I stopped in a Walgreen's for a fine fingernail file. I get a harsh sound when my salon nail plucks a guitar string if I have just filed them with a course file. Anyway, as I was looking for the file I noticed a nice looking lady walk by wearing a pair of knee high black suede boots with 3" heels. She was looking at makeup which was right by the nails stuff. I pulled a bunch of nerve together and said, "Excuse me but how do you select a foundation color?" She gave me a smile and said, "Out of the bottle, it's almost impossible unless you can try it. I go to the makeup counter where they will test it on you." She didn't seem too surprised at my question. I said, "Thank you very much, and by the way, those are nice boots." That got me another smile and a thanks. Short but fun outing. :smile:

It's always great when you can compliment a woman on her heels and it's validated by your own heels.