Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Loved the inadvertant comment to your nerve thighbootguy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I just made a quick shopping trip wearing black leggings, a denim mini skirt, a black cotton top with loose long sleeves, and white thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I had been wearing my black boots with 4” heels all summer and just hadn’t pulled the white ones out. Since there is the “fashion rule” about not wearing white after Labor Day (Sept 4), I figured I had better hurry up and get them out. The temperature was 97F (36C), which is too warm for leggings and thigh boots but I was in air conditioning most of the time so it wasn’t too uncomfortable. The first stop was at Sam’s to get a few items. The white boots do turn a few more heads than the black ones do. As I was in the frozen food section, a middle aged guy turned to me and said, “I like your boots man.” I thanked him and we both headed off in different directions. The rest of the shopping was uneventful until I got out to the parking lot and I got a loud, “WOO HOO” from 15 cars away and I did not take it as a complement so I ignored the callers. Next I headed for Kroger’s to get a n item Sam’s didn’t carry. I had a nice walk in from the parking lot and really realized how hot it was. Again, shopping was uneventful. I got a couple of turned heads, but I did get a couple of smiles. I then headed for PetsMart for some cat food and I joked with the clerk about having to wear white before Labor Day. The last stop was a Goodwill where I found a shiny black patten mini skirt for $2. It was a size 10 and it looked like it would be a little too small, but I tried it on and it fit (tightly but that was Ok). After I paid for the skirt I went into the dressing room again and changed and wore the patten mini out of the store. I had to head home to put the perishables in the refrigerator. I made one last outing to the post office but it turned out I was too late and it was closed, however I still managed to have a nice on the street walk to and from the place. All in all a short but fun afternoon. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Guy who compliment on your choice of footwear are an even bigger boost than the gals are. No offence to them of course, but compliments from the guys are more rare.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Guy who compliment on your choice of footwear are an even bigger boost than the gals are. No offence to them of course, but compliments from the guys are more rare.

Indeed! In all the time I've been jaunting, I've only been complimented by guys no more than two or three times, and I found that to be pleasantly surprising. Yo, TBG! Better hurry and get in your white boot wearing, wouldn't want to be accused of committing THE most blatant fashion faux pas! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I had an "interesting" outing Saturday. I went to Sam's wearing a black cotton top with fluted long sleeves, a shiny black patten miniskirt, black leggings and my white thigh boots with 5" stilettos. This was the first serious outing in that miniskirt and it took a few seconds to get out of the car. Then I found myself walking between cars in the lot rather than in the driving lanes. When I realized what I was doing, I told myself it was either back to the car or stop trying to hide so I took a deep breath and headed on across the parking lot and into the store.

I got my confidence back and it is a good thing for I wasn't in the store for more than 60 seconds when I ran into a friend of 50 years with whom I work. I'm sure he has never seen me in a skirt but he sees me in block heels every day at work. He didn't bat an eye in fact he waved to me when I was 30 feet away. As I walked passed him he cheerfully said, "Hey, how you doing?"

I replied, "Prolosec." (a non-prescription antacid) and we both laughed. We didn’t say anything else and he headed to the register and I headed to the pharmacy.

After I left the pharmacy, I decided to wander around a bit and also to give my co-worker time to leave. As I was walking I heard, "You have got to be kidding me" from a guy 30 feet away (he was being loud). Since I was walking in that direction, I kept going but turned down an isle before I got to his group and he said, "Oh well, it takes all kinds." which I took as a remark of discovery on his part.

I picked up another item and headed for the register. I noticed they were still ringing up my co-worker's stuff (his cart was overflowing) and also noticed his wife was with him. As they were finishing his checkout, she headed to the food bar and walked right passed my register line (I was by the register) with no sign of recognition. (I'm sure he did not mention seeing me.) By the time my checkout was done he had gone out to the car and she was still in line at the food bar. I did joke with my register clerk (who did not know me) about wearing these boots because I couldn’t wear white after Labor Day. She laughed and the lady in line behind me joined in the conversation with, "Oh yes you can!" in a tone that sounded like she was seriously trying to debunk that "fashion rule". We all laughed and I bid them a good afternoon.

As I was leaving the exit checker asked me if I was a dancer or a performer. I said I wasn't, and she went on that I moved like a dancer and that she had always want to be a dancer but was not tall enough and that in New York it was common to see performers and dancers... . She didn't finish that sentence but I think she meant seeing them in public wearing boots. She then said she hoped she had not offended me. I assured her she had not and wished her a good afternoon.

As I walked out, I saw my co-worker loading stuff into his car and decided to leave well enough alone and headed in the other direction to my car.

I stopped at a nearby Goodwill. The parking lot was packed so I parked nearby and walked in. I spent some time wandering around and tried on a miniskirt but it was too small. I settled for a camisole top that is of a heavy stretch material with a side zipper. In the register line I was behind a lady and her husband that had bought $80 worth of jewelry (most of which was $2@) so it took a long time to ring them up. The register clerk and the couple thanked me for my patients, and I assured them it was no problem at all. As I was walking back to my car, I thought about doing some more shopping, but decided to head home.

The shiny black skirt and the white boots are a real "stand out" outfit. I will admit to being more comfortable in a denim mini and black boots, but part of the adventure is pushing the envelope. I've said before that I can't be sure about this but, I think I'm starting to understand how a female would feel wearing an outfit that was that much of a "stand out". I think it boils down to having enough nerve and the desire to attract that much attention to yourself. From experience I can say that it works. :)

:)

JeffB - Congratulations for being #2500 in this thread.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

While looking around on YouTube I found a contributor That has posted some wonderful shots of herself walking around in public wearing very nice thigh boots with +5" stiletto heels and also a denim micro skirt and even shorter leather shorts. Her channel isn’t into anything risqué, just a pretty girl showing off very nice heels. She started posting about a month ago. Unfortunately my French lingual skills are non existent.

Channel

Thigh boots Videos

That’s me

walking in gianmarco lorenzi brown overknee boots

my new thigh high boots Gianmarco lorenzi

black overknee gml belstaff

overknee Gianmarco Lorenzi

my new thigh high boots from gianmarco lorenzi

Enjoy

I went for a checkup today and I wore jeans, a dark blue long sleeved dress shirt an white thigh boots with 5" stilettos. (<--- Click on Thighbootguy -> View Public Profile to see them.) I got to the doctor's office a little and sat in the waiting room with a bunch of other folks that didn't seem bothered by a guy in boots… surprised, yes but not bothered. When the nurse (young black female) came out to get me I noticed she gave my boots a good second glance and she watch closely as I got on the scale. When we got into the office, she took my blood pressure and pulse and asked me how I like the weather since it had dropped 40F in one day. I said I really liked the cooler weather because it made wearing my boots more comfortable. I figured she needed an opening to say something about them and I was right. She gave me a big smile and said, "Oh. I really like those boots! I was going to say something but…" and I joked about wearing white after Labor Day and she broke out into laughter. A few minutes later the doctor came in and gave me the results of recent testing, I'm doing just fine. He had seen me in boots before but I'm not sure he remembered me, anyway he didn't miss a beat or say a thing. On the way out the nurse gave me another big smile. If my lip reading skills aren't too far off, as I walked past a car in the parking lot a lady sitting in the driver seat of a car said, "O.M.G." Like I said, white boots do get attention. :)

I went to a concert at the Community Arts Center in Oxford Ohio last night. It was a relatively small gathering and many of the folks knew me. I wore a long sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans, a black leaher blazer, and white thigh boots with 5" stilettos. I parked about a block away and made my way in, having to walk over brick streets while carrying my offering for the pot luck dinner. Oxford likes the charm of the old paving method, but it does make walking in stilettos perilous. When I got in the build I was greeted warmly by the new assistant manager who had never seen me before and must have been wondering what she had gotten herself into. After I was where for about a minute a guy (total stranger) introduced himself and said, "I really like your boots." I thanked him and we chatted about the upcoming performance. I few minutes later another guy (also a total stranger) said, "Those are awesome boots." I thanked him and we chatted about how I never knew how people were going to react and his observation that it didn't make any difference. The performance was great and everyone (performers and audience) had a good time. I was invited to perform (guitar) in the Art Center's upcoming Christmas concert, and since they have never seen me not wearing boots, they must be expecting that I will wear them for that show (this is going to be fun). When it was over I carefully walked back to my car (brick streets) and headed home. All in all a really fun evening. :)

I am noticing more guys are liking the concept of guys wearing high heels, even if they don't desire to wear them themselves. Times are a changin'.

I just went through about 15 pages reading all of your outing stories. It's great to see you have such courage to wear what you want in public. I can realate as I started wearing make up out in public a few months ago and it's gotten heavier and heavier since haha. But anyway, I really enjoy reading your outing stories and I hope there are more to come! As I would say - You keep doin' you girl!

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

• 2 weeks later...

I just had an over the top fun shopping trip at Sam's. I went shopping wearing a black long sleeved blouse, black leggings, a denim mini skirt and white leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos.

My poor car badly needed tires so I headed for Sam's and parked around the side of the store by the tire department and walked in. I picked out the tires and took them to the desk where the manager gang up the sale and said there was at least a two hour wait (he did tell me that before he took my money). I said that wasn't a problem and handed him my car keys.

So here I am, all dressed up, no car and two hours to kill. I also needed an item at Walgreen's which is about a quarter of a mile down the road. The weather was sunny and cool so I thought why not go for a walk. I headed out of Sam's and across their huge parking lot across the street and on to Walgreen's. Shopping there was a non event. I found mu item and headed back to Sam's. I didn't notice any odd looks from passing motorists and there was no one else walking where I was.

Back at Sam's I walked up to the outside door of the tire service area and asked the manager to put my package in my car since they had moved it in to change the tires. I headed back into Sam's and walked around for another half hour. I finally headed back to the tire department where a guy was buying a battery. About that time a very attractive young lady (wearing flip flops) came in to have a tire repaired. The manager realized he had not returned the battery guy's membership card and asked kind of generically if we could catch him. I took off at a run (remember 5" stilettos) for the front of the store and checked both the entrance and the exit and also the parking lot but the guy was gone.

I walked back to the tire department and the manager said, "You really run well in those heels."

I said with a laugh, "I hadn't planned on running in them."

The gal with the bad tire said, "That takes a lot of practice. I would have fallen over."

After that the manager seemed much more willing to put up with a male customer wearing a skirt and heels. I asked him to ask the guys working on my car if they say anything obviously wrong, and he said he'd be glad to do that for me. They don’t do mechanical work so it was a chance for an unbiased opinion. Turn out I probably need wheel bearings.

After they were done with my car I did the rest of my shopping which was uneventful except one of the bakery staff went out of her way to say Hi and that she hadn't seen me for a little while.

After Sam's I headed to Petsmart for some cat food where the staff said they had my normal order in stock and she headed off to get it.

On the way home, I decided it was tie to replenish my vacant supply of Scotch so I stopped in my local liquor emporium for a bottle. They have seen me before and there was no reaction at all as they rang up my purchase.

My calf muscles are letting me know that I have been walking in 5" heels for a while and it is a comfort to sit and write this post.

All in all a very fun shopping trip.

Liveandlearn - Reading through this thread is a challenge bit there is some cool stuff in there. I take your comment , ”You keep doin' you girl!" as a complement but I do do this as a guy with no intention of being a girl.

TBG: Running? In five inch heels? Whoa! I am impressed! Heck, I don't like running in sneakers, I wouldn't THINK about doing that in heels, not even if I were in Pamplona and I've got pissed off bulls bearing down on me with bad intentions in mind! Meanwhile, you continue to be quite the inspiration for fellow freestylers like myself as your latest outing showed how you enjoy going wherever you want and doing whatever you want in the clothes you like. Bravo to you!

TBG ... Congratulations on your outing. I can't remember having to run in 5" high heels but I suppose when the occurrence happens, like in your case, you do what you have to do. That is also good that they gave you a potential recommendation on further work on your car. Sounds like they don't look at you as a man in a skit and high heels, but they look at you as another customer. Thanks for sharing with us.

I went to a Tommy Emmanuel concert last night. The event has outgrown the venue the producers have used for the past four years so they moved it to the Aronoff Center in down town Cincinnati. This is Cincinnati’s newest concert hall and it is used for all sorts of shows from Broadway to rock concerts. This was my first time at this venue so I was a little cautious. I wore a black leather blazer, blue long sleeved dress shirt, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 4”stilettos. The more daring out fit would have been with the white thigh boots with 5” stilettos but I let caution win out.

I had to park in a lot two blocks from the Center and this was one of my first times walking the streets of downtown Cincinnati in thigh boots. To my surprise, no one batted an eye.

As I walk walking to the Center I met one of the concert's promoters on the street and he waved and said he was glad I could make it. As I entered the Center a young black gal was leaving and said, “Looking good!” I thanked her for the complement. I noticed a couple of glances at my boots by some of the staff as they directed me to the Will Call ticked pickup. I did get a nice (admiring?) smile form one of the black female staff members.

The Center was well staffed and they were busy making sure people knew where their seats were located in the auditorium and in general watching over the crowd. I talked with one of the staff ladies about the concert (she had never heard Tommy before). While we were talking I was greeted by several of the patrons that recognized me for previous concerts.

At the concession table (artists CD and books) they had a Maton EBG808TE guitar on display and they were letting patrons play it. The chance to play the same instrument Tommy Emmanuel plays was too good to pass up so I tried it out. The action is effortless but I like the sound of my instrument better. I’ll wear thigh boots and a skirt in public but it tool a lot of nerve to play a guitar at a Tommy Emmanuel concert.

When we were seated in the auditorium, there were folks all around me that recognized me from prior concerts and we shook hands and chatted about Tommy and guitars until the show started. The concert was great. At least this time I didn’t feel like going home and turning my guitar into kindling wood.

As I was leaving a lady tapped me on the shoulder and said she recognized me from the concerts in Oxford and we chatted a bit about the upcoming performances in that area.

I still had the two block walk back to my car but I was with the concert crowd and felt very at ease.

I’m sure people are not recognizing me rather they are recognizing the guy in boots and it seems, much to my surprise, that a lot of folks do that and not in a negative way.

If it takes stiletto boots to be remembered then so be it. lol

I just had a “more fun that ought to be allowed” shopping trip.

I started the morning off by getting my nails done. Not the full set, only three right hand fingers and the thumb. I use them as built in guitar picks and more then that would actually get in the way. But, it still lets me go to the nail salon and walk out without spending a lot of money.

I headed out wearing a short sleeved black knit top with a high neckline. Over the black top I had on a pink ¾ sleeved knit top with a deep neckline and enough extra material in that area for components I don’t possess and I wasn’t warring anything to give the impression that I did. I wore a short black leather skirt, black leggings and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I was cool enough to also wear a black leather blazer.

In the nail salon I was greeted like a good customer and only had a short wait. The other clients, for the most par, ignored me. After I had gotten my nails done, I headed to my favorite thrift emporium, which is at the other end of the strip mall. I walked the length of the mall and went in.

I found a pair of ankle boots in an 11 that looked like they ought to fit but the store does not provide a bench to sit on while trying on shoes. I wound up leaning against the shoe rack while taking off one of my boots and trying the ankle boot on. It was snug but it is has a leather top so it will stretch and for $2 it is worth the effort.

On the way back to the car I was walking towards the Tiquando marshal arts studio when I heard a loud “HAiiiiii”. I was expecting to see a guy but I saw two girls, one of whom had a very big mouth. I figured it was a gaggle of giggly girls and as I walked passed I heard giggles then “IS THAT A GUY IN A SKIRT… AND HEELS… OMG” (OMG… OMG ...the echo). I just kept walking.

The next stop was Walgreen's for a couple of items. This was a non event.

The temperature was cool enough I decided to wear my shoulder length black kid skin gloves without the blazer or the pink top. The gloves came up past the short sleeve of the black top so there was no contrast break between the gloves and the top. I have had mix emotions about wearing these gloves especially fully exposed but with the black skirt and black leggings there was no contrast break at all. You had to look carefully to see exactly what I was wearing. Also, wearing white thigh boots with 5” stilettos makes anything else seem tame.

I headed to a different part of town to a PetsMart. The clerks greeted me like a returning good customer and went to get my cat food after verifying what they assumed was my order. I headed to the shelves to get an additional item. I turned out they had changed their frequent shopper rewards system and I had to fill out a short form. I joked that if I knew I would be writing, I wouldn’t have worn these gloves (but I wasn’t about to take them off). When we were all done I asked the clerk (young white female) if this outfit looked Ok? She gave me a second look over and it worked. I thanked her and headed on to Sam’s

At Sam’s there was a greeter (young black female) that was tasked with asking members if they wanted to upgrade there membership. I noticed that she had paid attention as I walked in and by her. After I declined to upgrade my membership, I asked her if this outfit worked? She gave me e big smile and said she really liked the way my gloves went all the way to my shoulder. I thanked he and did my shopping. It turned out my list had me going all over the store and I took my time. I got a couple of smiles and several second glances. As I was shopping one of the clerks commented to me that she was jealous of my heels because she could no longer wear heels. I told her that heeled boots were a lot easier to wear then pumps and she said she was too old for boots. I just looked at her and she said she might give them a try. At the checkout I got a clerk that knows me well (she greeted me by my first name before I handed her my card). I commented that I had forgotten how warm these gloves were. She suggested that my black boot might have been a better choice.

My next stop was a nearby Goodwill. I walked in and notices there was a pair of pink knee high boots with a 1-2” stiletto heel in a 10 that looked like they might fit. This store does have a bench so I sat down and tried them on. They fir snugly but they were in too rough shape to spend any money on. A couple of young ladies passing by commented on how nice the boots looked and also said favorable things about my white boots. As I was shopping I noticed one elderly white lady who seemed troubled at my appearance. She finally asked me, “What do you represent?” and I replied “Me”. She was clearly trying to get her head around a guy dressed in a skirt boots and gloves. She asked, “That’s the way you normally dress?” and I said it was. She seemed to accept that as I moved on. A few minutes later I had found another denim micro skirt (which I wearing as I write this) and black camisole when one of the gals that liked the pink boots asked me how high my heels were. I told her 5” and she asked what was highest pair I had and I said 5½”. She seemed impressed. I headed to the register and back to my car.

I headed for a jeweler to have the battery in my watch replaced. I was wearing my watch on the outside of my gloves so it was an easy matter to hand it over. After replacing the battery he asked if it was cool enough to ride with those gloves. I said I was driving and not a biker. I don’t think he had seen my boots or heels yet as they were blocked by the counter. As I left he got a good look as I bid him a good day.

I discovered that becoming comfortable with an alternative dress style is really about being comfortable seeing yourself dressed that way. For a long time I have not been comfortable seeing myself in long gloves, even though I loved to wear them. The outfit I put together today avoided the contrast the gloves normally presented and I pushed myself a bit into giving them a try. Now that I have done it, and liked the look and the feedback, I think they will become a more used part of my outfits. It was sort of like wearing thigh boots for the first time.

All in all a good day.

You? Thightbootguy? Apprehensive about wearing opera gloves? Thightboots and opera gloves go together like ice cream and apple pie. Anyhoo, sounded like a great day.

TBG ... two neat outings and sounds like more positive (comments/reactions) than negative. Sounds like you had two wonderful days.

I just wanted to let you know I had an outing in high heels the other day when my female friend who owns an exotic boutique called me and said my new Pleaser thigh boots were in and to come pick them up at the store. I not only picked them up, I put them on and wore them the rest of the day as I went about my outings. Many looks, stares, but no comments that I could hear. The weather is cooling off and I will wear my thigh boots more often. Just wanted to share that with you.

Hey, TBG! Bravo on your latest outings, especially your little shopping trip. I couldn't agree more that being comfortable with yourself is vital when it comes to wearing "alternative fashion" in public. After all, if you're not comfortable with yourself, you send out signals to everyone around you, and people pick up on that and take notice of you, often with a critical eye. But hey, you have no problem with that! Heh! roniheels: Congrats on your purchase! Hope to see a pic soon! Like you, I'm eager for cooler weather to arrive so I can wear my thigh boots as well!

I just had a “more fun that ought to be allowed” shopping trip.

On the way back to the car I was walking towards the Tiquando marshal arts studio when I heard a loud “HAiiiiii”. I was expecting to see a guy but I saw two girls, one of whom had a very big mouth. I figured it was a gaggle of giggly girls and as I walked passed I heard giggles then “IS THAT A GUY IN A SKIRT… AND HEELS… OMG” (OMG… OMG ...the echo). I just kept walking.

As a Tae Kwon Do martial arts instructor, we encourage students to

"kiai" or yell, which serves many purposes. It helps to focus mental and spiritual energy, to scare your opponent or attacker, prepare the upper body for a blow because the air exhales, and it also helps to draw attention to your need for help.

Just my two cents worth, as we enjoy being out and about in heels, we should always watch out and avoid places that are not so safe, especially at night.

As a Tae Kwon Do martial arts instructor, we encourage students to

"kiai" or yell, which serves many purposes. It helps to focus mental and spiritual energy, to scare your opponent or attacker, prepare the upper body for a blow because the air exhales, and it also helps to draw attention to your need for help.

Just my two cents worth, as we enjoy being out and about in heels, we should always watch out and avoid places that are not so safe, especially at night.

Kittyinboots - The yell I heard was from the loud mouthed girl who was trying to distract the class from outside the studio (and draw attention to herself).

Although I have been a little more daring about where I go, I have not become complacent about safety. Although wearing boots in downtown Cincinnati was a new place for me, and at night, I didn’t feel threatened. And like I said, I wore the black boots with the lower heel which presented a more conservative image (for me at least) and are more maneuverable.

roniheels - I echo JeffB comment, "Congrats on your purchase! Hope to see a pic soon!" It must be nice to have a local boutique where you can get boots especially with a friend running it.

TBG

I took off work a little early today for a doctor’s appointment. I wanted to get an inoculation against shingles and an x–ray of my little toe (bone spur). I went to the office wearing a long sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. It turned out the office had moved and I had to ask some construction workers in the parking lot where the new location was. They didn’t know but they directed me to a nearby doctor’s office and they knew to where the other office had relocated. I finally found it and registered with the receptionist. Apparently people had been complaining all day about not knowing about the change. Anyway the nurse took me back to the exam room and we did the weight and blood pressure stuff then she commented, “I don’t know how you walk in those heels… I could never do it. I replied that it was just practice. She said her husband had asker her to wear heels for their wedding and she had declined. I told her that boots with heels were much easier to walk in than pumps because the boots give you more support. She went out to get the doctor. I knew he would want to see my foot so I took one boot off and was ready for him. In our discussion I told him that the toe was bothering me with regular shoes and before he could ask I continued that these boots had plenty of room. When the nurse came back in is said, ”Do you realize how odd it for a guy to be telling a girl how to wear heels?” She laughed. I said, “If you really want to try heels, don’t start with a 5” heel, rather start with a 3” heel on a boot and they are making heels now with a hidden platform in the sole so it is really like walking on a lower heel.” She thanked me for the information and she really didn’t know about hidden platforms. I headed back out to my car and home. I decided to go ahead and get the x–ray that doctor had ordered which meant going to the hospital. I changed the jeans for black leggings and a denim micro skirt, and my white boots for a pair of black leather chap boots with 5½“ heels. I wore the tops of the chap boots under the skirt and let the boot’s tabs come up through the waist and put the ends into the skirts pockets. It looked good and made it easy to keep the boots up. post-928-133522955487_thumb.jpg I had a long walk from the parking lot to the entrance and through a long lobby. I went through registration and then waited in the x–ray area. I had to take my boot off for the x–ray. When the tech was done, I put my boot back on and headed back out to my car. On the way home I stopped in Kroger for some milk. All in all I was out in boots for several hours. In that time I did notice a couple of second glances, but any gal would have gotten at least that. Other than the nurse no one said a thing or made a comment (that I heard). I was totally comfortable wearing both the white boots and the micro skirt with chap boots; in fact I was surprised at how comfortable I was. The chap boots do have 5½“ heels and my calves are reminding me I haven’t worn heels that high for a while. The extra ½“ does make a difference. All in all a great afternoon. :)

I was enjoying wearing my chap boots and skirt enough that I kept them on after got home including a walk around the neighborhood after the sun went down. I live on a fairly busy street and while crossing it I noticed a motorist bearing down on me at a high rate of speed. He had to come around a 90° before he could see me and I’m sure he had not seen me, but I could see him coming. I found out I could run in 5½” stilettos. It wasn’t graceful but I have lived to tell the tail. My calves are really starting to get sore so I think it’s time to give them a break. :)

What sounds great about the nurse from the events you described is that she didn't seem to feel that her femininity was at all threatened just because a guy wears heels and she doesn't. I think that's pretty cool.

I recently found out I could run in stilettos too... a couple of weeks ago in my 3½" black ankle boots I had to run to catch a bus. Then about a week ago in my 5½" grey suede courts (with a 1¼" platform) I had just started crossing the road when the lights started to change and I trotted across the road. I guess in both cases I didn't really have to run, I chose to and it's a fun feeling, especially when the opportunities were so spontaneous and unplanned.

If you like it, wear it.

I needed to run out this evening to pick up a prescription at Kroger’s. I went to the store wearing a hunter green and brown ling sleeved knit top, white hose (no leggings), a denim mini skirt and Tony’s – U crotch high boots with 5” stilettos. I wore the mini as opposed to the micro shirt because I wasn’t wearing leggings.

post-928-133522955693_thumb.jpg

The Kroger is a huge store and the items I needed were on the extreme ends of the place so there was a lot of walking to do. These boots are not the most comfortable walking boots I own. I don’t know what it is about the geometry of the shoe but it takes all the balance I can muster to walk in these boots.

I pulled into the parking lot and without hesitation got out of the car, pulled my skirt down, pulled my boots up, and walked across the parking lot and into the store. I did notice a couple heads turn on folks driving by.

In the store I had to wait in the line at the pharmacy for about 5 minutes. I had no place to go and nothing else to do so I just stood around and waited. I noticed the resident grump at the pharmacy gave me a scowling look, but this guy always does that. The gal waiting on me gave my boots a second glance and knitted her brow a bit but we proceeded without further comment.

After I got my prescription I casually walked the length of the store (there is no other way to walk in these boots), found my item, and walked back to the registers. One of the lines was open and the clerk waved me to her register. She rang up my stuff with a cheerful smile but no comment. I slowly walked out of the store and back to my car.

Could I have gone to the store dressed in “regular guy clothes”? Yeah, I guess I could but what is the fun in that. It does seem like I’m taking every opportunity that I’m out to wear at least boots and much more often a short skirt. Oh well, winter is coming so its wear the short skirts while I can.

I started a walk around the neighborhood but as soon as I stepped off the porch, the skies opened and the heavens poured forth. I stepped back inside and pulled on a long denim jacket and a black baseball hat. The theory is, if my glasses don’t get wet, it isn’t raining. I still wound up moving more quickly than I had planned to in these boots (and that included crossing the busy street in the rain), but I managed, even though a few times it was less then graceful.

I may have to put a few more miles on these boots. By the way these boots are the boots I first posted about. Unfortunately the post was in the gals section back when we were allowed to do that but it has long since been deleted by the moderators. I did find another post that talks about that first adventure. Post #27. (Wow, have I come a long way since that post. :) )

By the way Julie has posted two more delightful thigh boots videos:

sweeter dress and thigh high boots

Looking for tights with thigh high boots

Today was a fun musical day. One of my favorite groups was performing at a bluegrass festival at the Cincinnati Zoo and I went over to see them. Unfortunately this was an outdoor performance and the temperature was 45F (7C). If I had been playing I would have told them to forget it but this group did the show and performed very well. I went over wearing a long sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans, a black leather blazer, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. This group performed at Oxford and saw me there and the recognized me from that performance. It turned out the Zoo had no idea how to put on a concert. There was no seating, no consideration for the audience that was trying to listen (utility trucks kept running through the area where the audience was trying to listen). I wound up sitting on a stone wall near the stage, and I think I was the only one there expressly to hear the show. Anyway, I did get a couple of glances but nothing out of the ordinary. The show was free but you had to buy an admission to the zoo so I could have seen the whole place but I was so disgusted with their presentation of the concert, I just left and headed home. When I got home I called the Guitar center to see if they had a wrench to adjust the neck on a Martin. The said they did not have one for sale but they had a technician that could make the adjustment for me. I pulled on my white thigh boots with 5” stilettos, grabbed my guitar and headed over to the store. It turned out the technician was a local guitar builder and he really knew his stuff. I had him make the neck adjustment and then set the guitar up correctly. To make a long story short, it now plays like a different instrument and I couldn’t be happier with it. I was at the store for at least an hour tacking with the technician while he worked on my guitar (I still won’t let it out of my sight) and having fun playing some of the better instruments. I told the guy that I had a 12 string that needed some serious work and after I described it to him he said to bring it in. I was so impressed with this guys work that I didn’t want to give him a chance to change his mind so I went home, dropped of my Martin, picked up the 12 string and headed right back to the store. He will install a new truss rod, reset the neck, and return to me a very playable 12 string in a couple of weeks. The folks at the Guitar Center have never seen me not wearing boots and they just accept me as a customer that does his own thing. This has been a fun day out and about in boots. :)

TBG: My, my! You've certainly been busy with your latest outings. With the weather finally cooling down here, I hope to enjoy more outings in my thigh boots. And I can't wait!

I was just out and about wearing slacks, a long sleeved dress shirt and guys tasseled loafers. My excuse was I had a podiatrist (foot doctor) appointment and I didn’t want to direct his attention away from the real problem (bone spur). I will have at least one more appointment with him and I’ll wear my boots then. It did feel funny being out without them. On the way home I stopped in a DSW shoe warehouse. I tried on several pair of heels and boots in 11s and 12s but nothing fit. There was a lady, wearing shorts, trying on a nice pair of black knee high boots with a mild block heel. I asked her if she was going to wear them with slacks or jeans, and she said she might. I said they would work with jeans but if she wasn’t, she should look for a pair with a tighter shaft because it would make her legs look better. I got a nice smile and she said that they did feel a little loose (they were) and she wanted to wear them with a skirt. I figured since I wasn’t wearing my boots (or a skirt) I had said about enough so I bid her a good day. She seemed to genuinely appreciate my comments. As I did that a sakes gal waked up to me and asked if there was anything she could help me find. I said I was looking for a ladies heeled boot in a 12 but it didn’t look like there were any on display. She offered to help me look but I was running short on time and had to decline the offer. :)

I don't know how to emphasize to those reluctant to ask for help when looking for high heels that almost all of the time the sales people will be more than glad to help you with the shoe and size you are seeking. More than once I have asked the sales person to check in the back to see if they have a particular pair of high heels in my size. I guess just keep posting our experiences and go from there.