Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I have to say I enjoy reading the outings from both of you two! Glad your out there wearing what you like and having a great time. Please keep them up as it is great encouragement to all of us! Again, Thanks. PS, Jeff, what are you doing up so early on a Sunday?

I have to say I enjoy reading the outings from both of you two! Glad your out there wearing what you like and having a great time. Please keep them up as it is great encouragement to all of us!

Again, Thanks.

PS, Jeff, what are you doing up so early on a Sunday?

I'll do the very best I can. As for why I was up so early, well, I'm up early EVERY day.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

THBG, Sounds like you had a nice heeling event out. I am glad to read of your latest jaunt. Glad you had fun and thanks for your concern for the woman that you are taking for her cancer treatments. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

I have been out and about a lot lately. Daily trips with my friend for radiation treatment (which she has finished with flying colors and is doing great) allowed me to wear a variety of stuff including ankle boots with heels between 1”-3”, knee high boots with 2” block heels, and thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The boots were worn over either black leggings, black hose with either a black short skort or a short black leather skirt. On a couple occasions I wore jeans or black leather 5 pocket jeans. I almost always wore a black wool blazer to complete the outfits and I always carry a black leather long strap purse. In over a month of daily trips, only one or two people even turned their heads. Many of the trips also included stopping at a grocery store on the way home. Here a few more folks noticed, but no one commented at all. In the past couple of days I had a doctor’s appointment and wore thigh boots with 4” stilettos over leggings. There was a woman chatting with a guy at the entrance to the building and she nearly twisted her neck as I walked by when she noticed what I was wearing. When I’m out, I present myself with confidence and an “I always wear this” attitude that most folks seem willing to accept. I’m still not complacent about where I go but it seems there are fewer mental alarm bells going off. I do realize that my presentation is way out of the mainstream for a guy but I think I do this for the same reason a gal would… I generates a little bit of attention (which I enjoy). For the folks that enjoy the excitement of going out in heels, and wish they could do it all the time, be careful of what you wish for because after a while the excitement go away and heels become a normal way of dressing. Enough rambeling. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

When I’m out, I present myself with confidence and an “I always wear this” attitude that most folks seem willing to accept. I’m still not complacent about where I go but it seems there are fewer mental alarm bells going off. I do realize that my presentation is way out of the mainstream for a guy but I think I do this for the same reason a gal would… I generates a little bit of attention (which I enjoy). For the folks that enjoy the excitement of going out in heels, and wish they could do it all the time, be careful of what you wish for because after a while the excitement go away and heels become a normal way of dressing.

Well, I for one see nothing wrong with what we do becoming a normal way of dressing. In fact, I think that should be the goal of every heeler/freestyler, to integrate heels and (for bolder members like you and myself) women's clothing into our regular, everyday existence when we go out and about. If we garner attention from what we wear, great, if we go mostly ignored and are treated like just another person on the street despite how we happen to be dressed, that's great too. Normalcy can be fantastic! :thumbsup:

Well, I for one see nothing wrong with what we do becoming a normal way of dressing. In fact, I think that should be the goal of every heeler/freestyler, to integrate heels and (for bolder members like you and myself) women's clothing into our regular, everyday existence when we go out and about. If we garner attention from what we wear, great, if we go mostly ignored and are treated like just another person on the street despite how we happen to be dressed, that's great too. Normalcy can be fantastic! :thumbsup:

I totally agree with your comments JeffB and Thighbootguy. I for one enjoy wearing my heels with either male attire or with some women's clothing. If you have read my recent posts and saw my pics you can see that I am really into wearing leggings, with my heels (both shoes and boots) totally visible for all to see. Sure, some may look unfavorably at what I wear, but I get many compliments, especially from the ladies on what I may be wearing. I have found that a lot of women out there, both young and old, like what I wear, especially "MY HEELS", even though they may not be traditionally, men's wear!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a long time since I updated this thread and I have gotten a couple “U still there?” PMs so before the moderators lock this thread as abandoned I figure I had better bring things up to date.

My friend taking radiation completed the treatment but has some additional complications. The doctors are not worried but come additional treatments are going to be required.

Taking her to the treatments gave me an excuse to be out and about wearing whatever I wanted. Mostly I wore a black wool blazer, some form of a short to medium length skirt, black leggings, and boots including:

• Black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos
  • Black leather thigh boots with flat heels
  • Black leather short calf length with 4” blade heels
  • Black leather granny boots
  • Black leather knee high boots with 2” block heels
  • Brown fabric knee high boors with a 4” wedge heel

With the wool blazer, a short skirt is hidden by the blazer so I started wearing longer skirts, often a black leather knee length with knee high boots and black leggings. I have made several trips to the library, an Insurance Company, and Home Depot with the knee length skirt and a black leather bomber jacket. Just for the fun of it I spent a whole day wearing an ankle length cotton skirt with the brown fabric knee boots. I was surprised at how comfortable the outfit felt.

I attended a house concert in Oxford O., and just for something different I wore jeans, a blue dress shirt, and black knee high boots with 2” block heels. I normally wear thigh boots to these concerts (and the folks expect me to wear them) but I have been trying to have a little more variety in what I wear when I go out.

I have been to the nail salon, and the art museum several times wearing a leather skirt and boots. I have noticed that wherever I go I’m the only one wearing a skirt. Very few gals seem to wear them anymore.

I think I really am to the point that I can go out wearing whatever I want. I’m still not complacent about where I go but it does seem there are more opportunities than there used to be.

I have been having a lot of fun with my guitar. There is a group that meets weekly in Cincinnati that affords a lot of opportunities to play in public. I generally wear jeans and black knee high boots to these meetings. I’m the only one wearing boots of any kind but this group is sufficiently diverse that anyone fits in. A church next door has a free store a couple times a month and I go over and provide background music while folks stream through. The best complement I have had was when a couple of guys pulled up chairs and just listened. I have worn jeans and boots, leather slacks and boots, short skirts under the blazer (so it wasn’t really seen) with boots. I haven’t done any longer skirts or stilettos.

This has rambled long enough. I have been having fun wearing whatever I want when I go out. The nice part is that no one really seems to care.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hiya, TBG! Glad to see you're still around, and I hope your friend pulls through. I agree that it IS fun to wear whatever you want, wherever you want without worrying (or carrying) about the slings and arrows of the public. Just keep on doing what you're doing, my friend!

Under the topic if “Digression being the better part of valor”…I was driving downtown today (wearing black leather high ankle boots with a 4” blade heel) when the IRS processing center in Covington Ky. was changing shifts and I saw a middle aged black lady crossing the street wearing a pair if black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos and a ruffled top. She wore them well and really looked nice (and I think she knew it). Considering how much I don’t like comments from a moving car, I did not offer a complement (I thought about it, then refrained). Had I been walking I would have complemented her but I couldn’t bring myself to call out from the car. In all my years of wearing thigh boots I have seen very few others wearing them. The prior occurrence was a month or so ago at Sam’s where a gal was wearing a beautiful pair of black suede thigh boots with at least 4” stilettos. I did complement her. I can’t remember one before that. This season I did see lots of tall boots but mostly with flat heels. Today’s event was so unusual for me I thought it was worth a post. :wavey:

TBG: How about that for irony, eh? Like you've, I've seen lots of knee high and higher boots with flat heels, and I found them attractive. Makes me wish I had a pair for my own.

Please stick with me. This is about thigh boots. One day recently I drove by a store in Port Credit (west of Toronto) called Birds and Bees and I decided to see what it was about. It was a classy Adult Shop. They had the usual toys, lingerie, heels and a selection of mostly female clothing. The female clerk asked if I needed help, just looking said I, and she said, "We have lots of things for the cross dresser." I do like heels, hose and panties but nothing above the waist but I guess I am a cross dresser. I didn't say anything and she said, "Can I show you anything?" What makes you think I ask? She said, "You just looked like it!" Before I knew it I was trying on skirts, tops and heels. I liked a little black spandex skirt and decided to buy it but I didn't have cash with me. I told her I would return the next day. The next day I return and the sign says "Back in 5 minutes". While I sit in my car, I decide I will go in wearing my thigh high Aldo stiletto boots under my business pants. I look out the car window and a beautiful young lady comes by wearing an above the knee skirt and beautiful light blue suede thigh high boots. She was stunning. It made me even more eager to wear my boots. The clerk returned, opened the store and I went in. I paid for the skirt and asked if I could try it on again. Sure. She didn't notice my heels. I came out of the change room and all I heard was, "WOW, look at those boots! You look great and sexy. They go perfectly with the skirt." Well, I spent the next 10 minutes walking around the store in boots and skirt while she commented. I'm not sure my feet touched the floor. Needles to say, I will return to this shop. Any guys in the Toronto area who want to feel very comfortable in a store looking a female attire, visit this shop on Lakeshore Rd west in Port Credit. She has great taste in what will look good on you and encourages you to try things on. I've never had an experience like it.

Thanks for the great post!

Saying "I'll be back with the cash tomorrow", and actually showing up probably raised the sales clerk's opinon of the new customer... and than showing up in thigh high boots with stiletto heels... I think they will remember you. (Love to see a picture, at least of the boots.)

"a beautiful young lady comes by wearing an above the knee skirt and beautiful light blue suede thigh high boots"

I'm going to have to find a pair of suede thigh boots.

TBG

Kris, Thanks for your post. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself there. There are lots of women that really like men in heels. I have met many, in my heeling over the years. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Kris, Nice story indeed. Just goes to show you there are places where you can wear just what you want without the sky falling! I just went to Quebec in early February and drove 402/401 through that area so I wonder how close Port Credit was to my route. It's always nice to find a store with a variety of things, so many adult stores don't have heels at all. HappyinHeels

Thanks everyone. Reading the stories and replies certainly boost my confidence. I will post pictures in the next couple of days. HappyinHeels, On the west side of Toronto is the city of Mississauga. If you had turned south from the 401in Mississauga, and driven about 15 minutes to the Lakeshore, you'd be there. She had a couple of styles of thigh high boots on sale for half price. I think they were $60.00. If I didn't have a pair already, I would have bought them. The girl in the blue boots was a bargain shopper. It is the end of winter and as she stepped up the step into the store, I could see the Sale price sticker on the sole of the hardly scuffed boots. It was a very good day for heels.

Kris;

I just noticed that you were a new member.

WELCOME to the forum. What a great introduction you gave us. By the way I don't normally ask for pictures from new member (I wait for them to hang a round for a while).

It does sound like you have a good eye, spotting the sale sticker on the blue suede boots, and were paying attention to the important things (the boots file:///C:UserssanderdaAppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image001.gif).

"She had a couple of styles of thigh high boots on sale for half price. I think they were $60.00. If I didn't have a pair already, I would have bought them."

This sounds like an opportunity to start a collection. I've noticed that most thigh boot wearers on this forum have several pairs. If nothing else, its great fun to try them on.

================================================================

I spent Friday at the cancer treatment center with my friend. I wore jeans under black mid-calf high boots with 4" blade heels. There boots had a lacing on the outer side that I replaced with a long black leather lace with a big bold bow knot, the loops of which are the length of the shaft. It is a very eye catching variation on the simple lace. I may try replacing the black lace with a white one.

Later that afternoon I wore the same outfit to a local insurance company office (twice). The only person that seemed to notice was an old codger in the waiting area at the cancer center who twisted his neck around to give a (disapproving) look. No one else even batted an eye all day.

I was out this morning wearing black leggings, black knee high boots with a 2” block heel, a short black leather skirt, black top, and black leather bomber jacket. Unlike the blazer I often wear, this jacket leaves the whole skirt exposed. I have been going out like this a lot lately. First stop was a bank drive through, which doesn’t count, but the next was a small local grocery. I went in and wandered around for a few minutes. I suspect most of the guys in there had never seen a leather skirt before, especially on a guy, but I really got no adverse reactions at all. At the checkout a young gal was running the register and commented, “I like your boots!” That was not the comment I was expecting but I thanked her and we bid each other a good morning. I wore the same outfit a couple days ago to the library and to a drug store. I haven’t gotten a reaction from anyone. I think this is because I present myself as “this is what I normally wear” and people pick up on that, and the outfit goes together nicely. All that said, I never thought I could be as comfortable while wearing boots, leggings and a skirt as I have become. :wavey:

Well, good for you, TBG, wearing what you like and being totally comfortable in your own skin while doing so, and that's the important thing by far. I might have to try a variation of your outfit myself while there's still a little winter weather left.

Spring is here! I just went to Sam’s wearing white jeans, a white satin top, a short denim jacket, and my white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. White over white is zero contrast so the boots were not obvious, that is unless you were actually walking around seeing the rest of the world (which most people are not). Very few people seemed to notice at all but then I was presenting an image of “Yep, there my shoes”. Two of the managers at Sam’s greeted me like a long lost friend. Really! One lady and I chatted about Spring finally having arrived and the snow we were expecting next week. She also offered that she couldn’t walk in heels like mine and that a pair of wedges she has pitches her forward. She also mentioned that I had a lot more practice in heels than she does. The other manager came running up to me saying the she hadn’t seen me is weeks. I said I had been in but she said she had been hospitalized for a couple of weeks so we chatted about her medical adventures and I shared some of mine. She said she had missed seeing her friend (me). I guess Dale Carnegie could have suggested wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels in How to Win Friends and Influence People. Earlier today I played guitar at a neighborhood free store wearing jeans, a white satin top, black flat heel knee high boots that have a cuff that will extent to OTK boots. I had a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy my music. No one was bothered by my attire. :wavey: Jeff - Yeah I know I went from all black to all white. I'll working on the concept of variety. :penitent: TBG

Spring is here! I just went to Sam’s wearing white jeans, a white satin top, a short denim jacket, and my white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. White over white is zero contrast so the boots were not obvious, that is unless you were actually walking around seeing the rest of the world (which most people are not). Very few people seemed to notice at all but then I was presenting an image of “Yep, there my shoes”.

Two of the managers at Sam’s greeted me like a long lost friend. Really! One lady and I chatted about Spring finally having arrived and the snow we were expecting next week. She also offered that she couldn’t walk in heels like mine and that a pair of wedges she has pitches her forward. She also mentioned that I had a lot more practice in heels than she does.

The other manager came running up to me saying the she hadn’t seen me is weeks. I said I had been in but she said she had been hospitalized for a couple of weeks so we chatted about her medical adventures and I shared some of mine. She said she had missed seeing her friend (me). I guess Dale Carnegie could have suggested wearing thigh boots with stiletto heels in How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Earlier today I played guitar at a neighborhood free store wearing jeans, a white satin top, black flat heel knee high boots that have a cuff that will extent to OTK boots. I had a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy my music. No one was bothered by my attire.

Jeff - Yeah I know I went from all black to all white. I'll working on the concept of variety. :penitent:

TBG

Well, variety IS the spice of life after all. Heh! As usual, I find your boldness remarkable, given your having worn white. Cool!

Spring is here! I just went to Sam’s wearing white jeans, a white satin top, a short denim jacket, and my white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. White over white is zero contrast so the boots were not obvious, that is unless you were actually walking around seeing the rest of the world (which most people are not). Very few people seemed to notice at all but then I was presenting an image of “Yep, there my shoes”.

Two of the managers at Sam’s greeted me like a long lost friend. Really! One lady and I chatted about Spring finally having arrived and the snow we were expecting next week. ...

TBG

Spring may be officially with us but much of the UK has just been hit (again) by snow, in some areas very badly. But your all-white outfit would be equally suitable for snowy weather - and certainly discrete. Rather reminiscent of Alpine troops in their white camouflage gear! You can try that for yourself next week, if your forecast holds.

I took my friend for a treatment this morning. Funny haw a 20 minute treatment can take 4 hours. Anyway I wore a cream turtleneck (big loose neck), black leggings, a black leather blazer and black knee high boots with a 4” block heel and ½” platform.

I honestly got no odd looks at all. The folks at the treatment center are used to seeing me wear boots. One of the patients looked over and said, “I like your boots.” I thanked her. That was the first comment I have gotten, and we have been going to the same treatment center since January.

My friend’s sister picked her up at the treatment center and I did a little shopping. (Her sister has also seen me in boots and isn’t bothered a bit.) I stopped at the Guitar Center and chatted with the repair guy, who is a friend, about a full page article in Cincinnati Magazine featuring him as a master guitar builder.

Older Article

I went into the good guitar room and played some very nice instruments ($2000 - $4500 range), but I’m still very happy with my Martin DCPA4, it was a lucky find.

I went on to Sam’s for a few items. I added a knee length black leather skirt to my outfit. In my mind boots are normal footwear but the skirt is venturing into the “wear something different” area. In the parking lot one of the female staff was on break and greeted me like a long lost friend and wished me a happy Easter. We chatted for a minute then I headed into the store. The shopping was uneventful even though I took my time and wandered the isles.

The next stop was a locksmith’s shop who is going to do some work for me. We scheduled the appointment, which took a few minutes. This was the first time I had been in the shop and I did notice one of the female staff giving me a second glance.

I went on to the library and returned a book and a video. I selected another video and checked it out. The catalog said they have a copy of “Kinky Boots” but I was unable to find it in the rack. Next time I’m in wearing my thigh boots I’ll ask a librarian to help me find it.

The last stop was a drug store to pick up a prescription for my friend. The staff is used to seeing me in boots and a skirt.

I have come to realize that how you see yourself is very important. As I mentioned above I see my wearing leggings and boots (even thigh boots) as normal attire. I don’t think twice about going out wearing them. Skirts are still in the “I’m pushing it” category but not very far into that category.

If you see yourself as dressing normally (the operative word is you) it is very easy to present yourself with confidence. I’m convinced that presenting yourself with confidence is the key having your statement accepted. That goes for the statement your cloths make and the statement(s) you might make verbally. You really need to be comfortable in your own skin (cloths).

Today I played at the neighborhood free store. I wore a black leather blazer (which I took off while playing), black leggings, a bright red T-shirt, a black mini skort, and black suede ankle boots with a 1” block heel.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the playing and no one seemed to notice or at least give any reaction to, what I was wearing.

I then went to Petco and WallMart. Both stops were uneventful. It really is about being comfortable in how you present yourself.

I haven’t done a picture for a while so I took a couple.

post-530-0-11791400-1364660433_thumb.jpg

Good outfit TBG, It would be awesome with red leggings and a mid-thigh black skirt instead. The black mini skirt over the black leggings like a bit of a modesty cover to me. Trust me try it and you'll see what I mean. Play with the contrasting colors of black and red..Try to separate each color from the other with the exception of the jacket/blazer. That's why I would go for red leggings, buy not with that skirt though. Think mid high and keep the waist at your waist. Your one touch of color is good, using it in two places is great if those two garment have some black in-between. Even bright red boots of any length would work.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.