Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG: Bravo on your latest outing at the museum. Your outfit was outstanding! Very stylish!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really enjoyed wearing my white thigh boots and black leather skirt to the Museum Sunday. I’m still surprised at how comfortable I have become presenting that image. Anyway, on the way home I changed my slacks for the black leather skirt and my loafers for my white thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and drove towards home.

I stopped at Petco to return an item and to say Hi to the clerk that like my boots. She was busy with another customer and kept her priorities right but I did get a wave and a smile as I came in and left.

Next I stopped at Sam’s for a birthday cake for a friend and had the greeting inscribed on the top of the cake. The cake clerk didn’t know me but she didn’t miss a beat. It was like guys in boots and leather skirts stopped by all the time.

When I got home I decided to leave the outfit on. Normally I change into leggings and a T-shirt, but tonight the heels felt appropriate.

post-530-0-72140300-1338937421_thumb.jpg

I grabbed a picture partly to show my clear view of the sky (upper right) and the traverse of Venus. NOT. The sky has been overcast all afternoon. Oh well I’ll catch the rerun in 120 years.

Short but enjoyable outing.

Ive heard some ' different ' comments over the last 2 years but they all go away once I start playing or talking with others. I dont know if its just sharing a commonality but it would seem most people whom are into performing music really couldn’t care what anyone thinks.

I haven’t heard any comments when I was playing but other then the Guitar Center, I have only played on stage one time in thigh boots. An as to that musicians care about, mostly it’s the music (and they do care what others think about that).

TBG: Bravo on your latest outing at the museum. Your outfit was outstanding! Very stylish!

Interesting Jeff, stylish has never been a term I’m associated with the look I present, but thanks for the kind words.

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

THBG, Another nice outing. I liked your look in the picture. Now that Memorial Day has come and gone. WHITE is a very appropriate for summer wearing,thigh boots included! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I took the day off from work and did a little running around wearing a gray T-shirt, cream shorts and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. post-530-0-46136800-1339015027_thumb.jpg First stop was the guitar center the have the neck of my Martin DCPA4 adjusted. I chatted with the repair guy for a while when a new clerk (cute as a button) walked by and noticed my boots. She asked, “Oh how can you walk in those?” I replied, “Very comfortably… and these are the low heels” and tilted my foot to show the 4” heel. The repair guy chimed in, “Oh he has lots of different styles of those.” The conversation then turned to ukuleles, and I will not bore readers with that. The other thing I wanted to do was hear my guitar in the same room with a Taylor 814 so I took my instrument back to the “good guitar” room and played it then I played the Taylor… The Taylor won. It also cost three times as much as my guitar. Time to start saving up for it. Next I went to my cobbler to have the toe plates on my white boots replaced. I had him put on metal plated rather then the black plastic ones. I tend to wear a hole in the front of my boots as I walk and the toe plate provides a little extra lift at the front and prevents the front of the boot from touching the ground as I walk. I sat in the front of the shop, with my legs crossed at the knee, while he was putting the plates on. Every time I have been in there, there has been a constant stream of customers coming and going and today was no exception. Most folks just said Hi, but one young girl just stared at me. She didn’t say a word but you could see her mind trying to figure out what she was seeing. Great way to start the day. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: Bravo on your latest outings! You certainly looked goo in your outfits! Your ability to go here, there and practically anywhere in thigh boots is nothing short of remarkable! Big time ups to you, my friend!

TBG: Bravo on your latest outings! You certainly looked good in your outfits! Your ability to go here, there and practically anywhere in thigh boots is nothing short of remarkable! Big time ups to you, my friend!

JeffB – I appreciate the complement but I don’t want to leave the impression that I go just anywhere wearing thigh boots with stiletto heel, especially to the new folks on this forum. I do exercise caution and pick my venues carefully. However, it does seem that more and more places appear more tolerant of having a guy in boots with heels around.

Last night I went to a concert in Oxford Oh. This was a house concert with a pot luck dinner beforehand. I wore white denim slacks, a bight blue dress shirt, and white thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The white slacks and white boots made a nice non contrasting outfit.

One of the folks running the concert commented that she was glad I dressed for the concert. Most folks dress very casually for these events. At least two ladies commented that they liked my boots. I did notice that another one of the ladies running the show was wearing open toe pumps with a 3” heel, and I commented to her that it was nice not to be the only one wearing heels (I got a hug).

The music was great and I had a real blast.

This morning I headed over to Sam’s and Petco to get a few necessaries. I wore a black open neck T-shirt, white shorts and my white thigh boots. I didn’t notice so much as a second glance.

After that I stopped at a nearby Goodwill and as I walked in one of the register clerks waved and commented that she hadn’t seen me for a long time. The boots are, if nothing else, memorable.

Edited by Thighbootguy

Great outing and outfit, as usual. I do have a question. When you meet a woman who is also wearing high heeled footwear, and your heels are higher than hers, have they ever made a comment to you about that? Just currious. Keep the posts coming.

Great outing and outfit, as usual. I do have a question. When you meet a woman who is also wearing high heeled footwear, and your heels are higher than hers, have they ever made a comment to you about that? Just currious.

I have never made a comment about it. At the concert (last post) there were only two of us wearing heels.

I only recall one time when I was wearing heels that I saw a lady that was wearing heels as high as mine. She noticed too and gave me a raised evebrow look, and an approving nod.

I have often complemented ladies with "nice boots". I figure if I like to get the complement, others would also.

It was time for a trip to the nail salon for the rejuvenation of my four guitar picks (TIMR of the right hand). I wore white tight jeans, white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and a red open neck top. Nothing fancy, just comfortable. I signed in at the shop and there was about a 30 minute queue ahead of me. I sat is the waiting area and one of the ladies offered me a magazine it brows through. The lady sitting on the other side of me found a page in her magazine advertising very strong nail colours and she commented that she thought they were great. When it came my turn, the lady having her nails done in the next station seemed surprised that I was only having four nails done. I just said,”There guitar picks” and that seemed to explain everything (including my boots). The gal doing my nails has done them several times before and knows not to reshape the tips. It is still a show when they finish my nails and have me go and wash my hands. The sink is in the back of the shop and I get to walk the full length and back and show off to the ladies that I can manage 5” heels. When I got back home I put on new strings and just enjoyed playing for a couple of hours. :wavey:

"The sink is in the back of the shop and I get to walk the full length and back and show off to the ladies that I can manage 5” heels."

The last time that got my hair cut, I too walked from the back of the salon to the front toward the exit wearing 5" stiletto high heels. There were big smiles, no comments, but I know from past comments I've received, they were impressed at how well I walked in high heels.

Thank you for sharing your outing with us.

I took a break at lunchtime and went to the local Goodwill just to look around. I was wearing slacks and a knit shirt (work clothes). I founded some leaded stemware, a black chemise and a black and white short sleeved top. The story is about the top. I had purchased the other items and was still looking around. I noticed one of the lady managers (who knows me well) wasn’t busy and I asked her for some help in selecting a “summer top that would go with a denim or leather short skirt”. She knew I was buying for me. She asked about color, and I told her that I normally went for black and I wanted something different, which was why I was asking for help. She took on the challenge and spent 5 minutes with me going through the racks of tops until she found the one I bought (on the last rack). She said it would look good over the chemise I had just bought. post-530-0-62161600-1340233092_thumb.jpg I changed clothes on the way home and stopped at Sam’s wearing white leather thigh boots, a black leather skirt, the black chemise and the new top. The register clerk, who also knows me well, complemented me on the cute top and how nice it looked. That GW shopping trip was more fun than I’ve had in a long time.

Edited by Thighbootguy

Pretty awesome little outing you had there, TBG! It must cool to shop at a place where the staff helps you pick out something nice to wear. Bravo!

• 2 weeks later...

I went shopping at Sam’s and the Goodwill this afternoon wearing a black stretch top, a white leather skirt, white hose, sun glasses, baseball hat, and black sandals with 1” kitten heels. Why no thigh boots? The temperature was close to 100F (38C) and that was just too warm. post-530-0-78652500-1341014116_thumb.jpg I have noted this before, and today’s outing reinforced it; it took more nerve for me to appear in this outfit without my thigh boots than it does to appear with them. Today’s look was inspired by JeffB’s recent outing in a white skort and Dr. Shoe’s current mode of presentation. I thought I’d give it a try and I did enjoy it. I didn't go full fem, but went a little closer then I normally do. I really didn’t get much of a reaction in either store. In Sam’s I thought I overheard, “That’s a man.” but that was all. In the Goodwill I took my time and tried on some stuff. One reason to taking my time was that the skys had opened and the heavens were pouring forth, but another reason was with what I was wearing it was easy (and fun) to try stuff on. I found a pair of low rise boot cut jeans and a black chemise both for $5. I had a fun time.

I stopped at a Kroger Pharmacy to pick up a prescription and tried something that was, for me, a little different. I wore a blue suit, black hose, a red turtleneck, and black knee high boots with 2” block heels. These are the same boots I wear at work under slacks.

post-928-133522974456_thumb.jpg

I got a couple glances as I walked in from the parking lot. In the store there was a long line at the pharmacy and I had to just stand there for at least 10 minutes. When I waked up to the counter the gal that waited on me (young black) was clearly uncomfortable with the way I looked. I didn’t push the issue and only spoke enough to complete the transaction.

I was comfortable in the outfit but I did miss my thigh boots and heels. I’ve mention before that wearin them gives me the mental license to wear anything else. The outfit today was much more mainstream except that a guy was wearing it.

Thanks alll for the comments on the last outfit.

Nice outfit and cool jacket - looks better than drab man's clothes.You are a brave man,sir!

Good heavens! Thighbootguy, NOT wearing thigh boots! Never thought I'd see THAT happen! Wow! Still, that was a cool outfit you wore! The white skirt was particularly great looking! Two thumbs up, my friend! See? Going out and about sans thigh boots isn't all that hard!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fun weekend even though the temperature was in the 100F range.

Saturday I went to the Guitar center wearing a grey T-shirt, denim capris, and barefoot with black leather sandals with a 1” kitten heel (yeah Jeff I did it again). I think I got more looks with those shoes than I do with thigh boots. The capris kind of made the shoes stand out. Oh well, I had a good time playing guitars I can’t afford. The repair tech is a friend and a good player. He said he had a gig that night and I made an effort to attend but it was an outdoor event and it was cancelled because of the high temperatures.

Sunday I went to the Art Museum. The temperature dropped into the mid 90sF so I went over wearing a white shirt, black leather skirt, black leggings, and white thigh boots with 5” stilettos. It was air conditioned in the car and the museum so the only warm part was the walk in and out and fortunately there was a nearby parking space available. Three of the guards independently welcomed me and said they hadn’t seen me for a while (the boots do make an impression). I had fun in two galleries sketching and spent a good bit of time in a new exhibit of “400 years of musical instruments”. By the way a “Serpent” (big snake shaped wind instrument) has a delightful sound.

Another interesting exhibit was the James Bond 007 Aston Martin with the bullet shield, machine guns, and passenger ejection seat.

I am still amazed at how little extra attention a guy dressed as I was generated. I’m sure part of the reason is that a typical art museum crowd consists of very open minded folks (you kind of have to be to look at modern art). But wearing the same outfit at Sam’s isn’t that much different in the reactions I get.

Edited by Thighbootguy

Good heavens, TBG! Another outing sans thigh boots? What is this world coming to? :silly: But then, you returned to norm in your next adventure. I guess you couldn't help yourself. Heh! Given how hot it's been in my neck of the woods over the last month or so, I haven't even thought of wearing mine, and probably won't until fall. But hey, I admire you for continuing to wear yours, and wear them proudly. Good for you!

Thigh boots to knee boots to sandals - you certainly skipped the middle ground (ankle boots, shoe-boots, court shoes) - but that does make me think that while I feel most comfortable in that middle ground (and knee boots), strangely I imagine that thigh boots would make me feel just as "exposed" as sandals.

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.

I'm actually wearing a pair of anklers as I'm writing this.

I'm not a big fan of court shoes. I only have a few pair and I've never been comfortable wearing them in public (go figure).

I just had a fine Friday the 13th afternoon. At lunch time I went out to a local Goodwill and found two short sleeved stretch tops, one in bower blue and the other in white. On the way home I changed my slacks for a short black leather skirt, my ankle boots for white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, and my shirt for the sky blue stretch top. I was already wearing white hose so it all went together to make a rather nice outfit.

I stopped at Sam’s for a bit of shopping and took my time wandering around the store and enjoying the click of my heels. The only comment I got was from a young black bow who was with his family. As I got out of sight (but not out of hearing) the kid said, “He’s got boots”. I suspect his parents hushed him up because that was all I heard.

I stopped and filled up the gas tank at a self service station and I don’t think anyone even noticed me.

The next stop was a local Goodwill where I found two pair of slacks in a size 14 tall that fit me very well. At the register I was the only one in line and the clerk (young black lady who had never seen me before) said, “I don’t know how you walk in those heels.”

“Actually they are very comfortable”.

She really seemed interested/curious in how I was presenting myself so I asked her, “Whet would you do differently with this outfit?”

I stepped back and she stepped away from the register to get a full view and said, “Well the skirt is a little formal… maybe a little fancier blouse… but you look good.”

I thanked her for her comment and headed out to the car.

The next stop was the nail salon to have my four right hand guitar picks redone. Normally when I walk in the waiting area is full of ladies waiting their turn. Today, there were a bunch of guys sitting there waiting for their female counterparts to have their nails finished. I walked in and sat down with the guys. No one said a word but at least one guy was a little uncomfortable. I only had to wait a few minutes before they were ready to do my nails. After the operator had started, the lady sitting in the next station commented, “I really like your boots… I’m very jealous”. I thanked her for her complement and she went on, “I’ll bet there very soft.” Before I had the chance to let her find out she had to go to another station.

Anyway, when I got home I had to make five trips from the house to the car to carry in all my stuff. This involved walking through my yard (which is as hard as cement from all the heat we have had) which is not a level surface. Five inch heels on a non-level surface is a bit of a challenge and after all the walking my legs were letting me know they had had enough. I fixed a quick dinner and watched the evening news.

All in all a fine afternoon in heels.

: :wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy

I went to the Guitar Center and Sam’s this afternoon wearing the new sky blue short sleeved stretch top, denim capris, and royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The Guitar center was a non event since they almost expect me to be wearing boots. At Sam’s I wandered around a bit before I picked up my frozen items and headed for the register. As I was putting my stuff on the register conveyer the guy behind me, who had a couple of kids with him, said, “Hey, whatcha have on your feet?” “Some nice heels” and I turned my foot to display the heel. “If you cut those heels off they would make nice waders.” “Nah, there leather and I wouldn’t do that to them.” “You wearing them for something special?” “Nope they are standard wear.” “What?” “They are standard ware for me, I wear them all the time.” This seemed to throw him a bit so I followed up with, “There different.” “You can say that again.” “There different.” He made no further comment as the register clerk was ready to ring up my stuff and had apparently overheard the conversation and was grinning ear to ear. Another fun outing. :wavey:

Good for you, TBG! Sounds like you had a good time! Bravo! Meanwhile, it's been way too hot and humid and sticky here for thigh boots, so perhaps I'll keep mine in storage until September.

I had a fun afternoon at the Museum. I went over wearing a long sleeved gray stretch top, denim capris, and royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. It seemed like each of the guards had not seen me for a long time and stopped to chat with me. I sketched in a couple of galleries and wound up on the portrait gallery. A family came through and the mom pointed me out to her sons as “an artist”. She said they were scouts working on their “art” merit badge. She was encouraging them to talk to me about art. (I’m not making this stuff up.) We all chatted for five minutes about art and I encouraged the kids to learn to enjoy reading. I then walked with them through several galleries teaching them how to look at art. Not bad for a guy in thigh boots with 5” heels eh. I had a great time.

Bravo, TBG! Awesome, and then some! That must've been quite and experience for you!

Jeff – This experience was something that was a lot of fun, because I got to teach some folks about how to look at paintings, but I really had my caution systems on high alert. I have often posted that I am particularly careful when kids are around because you never know how the parents will react to the kids interacting with someone that is “outside society’s definition of normal”. A guy wearing thigh boots with 5” stilettos in public falls a little outside the expected “normal”. But since the mom started the conversation fully aware of how I was dressed I went along with the flow. The interesting thing to me was that the kids didn’t seem bothered/concerned that I was wearing boots with heels. Maybe they thought that since I was introduced as an “artist” all the normal rules didn’t apply. Often I see kids staring at my boots because they are curious and they haven’t been taught not to stare. I have had other occasions to interact with kids in the museum but always with their parents close at hand. Part of the conversation (initiated by the mom) was about what artist do for a living. The kids seemed stumped. I asked if they had seen a magazine and went on about graphic artist doing the design and layout. I then asked if the used the internet and that graphic artist designed and produced web pages. That lead to computer games… We were in the portrait gallery and I asked the group what was the first thing the saw (where did their eyes go) when they looked at one portrait. They unanimously said they looked at the eyes. I told them how the artist made them look there. I walked with them through the next two galleries and they showed me how they were looking at some of the paintings (quick learners). I also found it interesting that a guy standing 6’5” (on stiletto heels) was accepted as part of the group, not only by the family but by other folks in the galleries. A lot of the posting on this site is about guys in heels being accepted by their local society. There seems to be a general wish that guys wearing heels be accepted as a normal thing. Heels, especially stilettos, are meant to attract attention (ask any gal who wears them) so it has always struck me as inconsistent that guys want to wear them and not be noticed. I expect my thigh boots to be noticed, and am kind of disappointed when they are not noticed, but it was kind of nice being treated as a “normal” member of society while wearing them, but I’m still not complacent about where I go wearing them. :wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy

A great read as always TBG. It definitely shows how society is changing in that respect.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It's wonderful to read about you presenting 5" stiletto thigh boots in such a positive and inspiring way. It really makes me think how it's not about heels defining our personalities (through stereotypes and clichés) but how we can choose to express our personalities and really define our heels as part of who we are. Thank you TBG !

If you like it, wear it.

A lot of the posting on this site is about guys in heels being accepted by their local society. There seems to be a general wish that guys wearing heels be accepted as a normal thing. Heels, especially stilettos, are meant to attract attention (ask any gal who wears them) so it has always struck me as inconsistent that guys want to wear them and not be noticed. I expect my thigh boots to be noticed, and am kind of disappointed when they are not noticed, but it was kind of nice being treated as a “normal” member of society while wearing them, but I’m still not complacent about where I go wearing them. quote by TBG

I know exactly what you mean by this. When I wear high heels in public, I coordinate my outfit with my high heels and walk very proudly in them everywhere I go. The sound of my stilettos on pavement or tile makes a distinctive sound and does draw attention. As I have said many times, I love all of the comments I receive, positive or negative (I've gotten few of those), and I really love responding to all of the comments.And you are so right that women want to be noticed when wearing high heels because they too coordinate their outfits with their high heels.

I went to a concert last night in Eden Park in Cincinnati at the Seasongood pavilion. A friend was playing and there were several other excellent performers. I went over wearing a gray long sleeved turtleneck, jeans, and royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

The pavilion sits in a natural amphitheater and there is a paved walk from the top down to the stage. This is a fairly steep walkway and it was a challenge in 5” stilettos. The weather was threatening thunderstorms so the organizers moved some of the seating benches onto the stage and arranged them perpendicular to the front edge of the stage. The idea being that if it did rain there wouldn’t be too much of an audience and at least the folks that did show up would be dry.

I was about half an hour early so I went up on the stage and met my friend, than rook a seat at the end of one of the benches next to the front of the stage. This meant that I was clearly visible to anyone seated in the normal audience seating area. As it turned out the skys cleared and there were fifty of us sitting on the stage and at least another hundred in the audience area, and I was sitting on the stage with my boots in full view.

The concert was great and I hung around afterward for a few minutes. No one (that I saw) gave my boots more than a glance. I think they figured I was a musician and that answered any concerns.

Today I had a couple of errands to run and I went out wearing a grey T-shirt, black leggings, and black leather OTK boots with 3” stilettos. This was the first pair of tall boots I eve bought (in the 70s) and I thought it was time to get them out again.

The first stop was my cobbler. I needed to have a pair of guy shoes resoled and to have top plates put on my royal blue thigh boots. I waited while he put the toe plates on and his son (age 4) was out in the waiting area asking me a lot of questions. He finally got around to saying I wasn’t wearing boots because they didn’t have a heel like the rest of the boots he has seen did. I assured him they were boots and changed the subject.

The next stop was a Goodwill where I found a boot with a 3” narrow heel in an 11W but I could only find the right one. As I was checking out the clerk (young black gal) said, “I love your boots”. I thanked her and she continued that she couldn’t find any tall boots and asked where I had gotten mine.

I recommended amazon.com and told her to look for thigh boots by Pleasers or Ellies. I recommended the leather Legend boot and suggested she get a size larger then her normal size. She seemed genuinely appreciative of all the information and I heard her repeating it to another customer. Since I had my blue pair out in the car, I went out and brought one in. Her eyes got real big and she was delighted. I told her to enjoy her new boots.

The next stop was the Guitar Center. One of the gals there that knows me asked if my boots were new. I said they were quite old but this was the first time I had worn them into the store. I had a good time talking to the repair guy and playing nice instruments.

The last stop was Sam’s. A added a black leather skirt to the outfit and headed in. I did notice a couple of glances and at least one dour look from a guy near my age but no one said a thing. I took my time and wandered around and just enjoyed myself.

All in all it has been a fine couple of outings.