Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hay Steve63130. Here is my story. I typed out a reply in the personal message posting. All of this in reply to your personal message. I could not figure out how to send the response. The only good part about it all was I sat a couple of hours in front of my lap top in 5 3/4" high heel ,thigh high boots. Oh the strain of self indulgence. Spikesmike.

I stopped in the local Goodwill at lunchtime yesterday and there was a 50% sale on clothing. I was wearing my work clothes, slacks, dress shirt and blue leather knee high boots with a 2” block heel clearly visible. I know most of the clerks and they know that the stuff I buy is for me. I picked out a black fabric skort with a bit of spandex in it and ask one of the clerks, who is always dressed nicely, what would go with it. She looked at me then the skirt and said, “Let’s see what we can find.” She headed off to a rack of blouses and, after looking at a couple with the skirt, selected a sheer blouse with a black, gray and purple pattern and told me to go find black top to wear under it. I found a black T-shirt but she said it should have a more open top so I found a camisole and she said that was exactly what she had in mind. I never thought I would have enough nerve to ask a gal to pick out something for me but I’m glad I did. After work I stopped at Sam’s and a different Goodwill wearing this outfit with white hose and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. This was not the most comfortable outing for me, not because I had reservations about going out dressed completely fem, rather I wasn’t too sure about the look. I don’t try to pass as female because I do it so poorly so I prefer to present myself as a guy with eclectic tastes in clothing. Sam was a non event. I chatted with one of the managers then picked out my stuff. I did get a couple smile and looks but that is normal. At the register the clerk, who knows me well, commented that she liked my shirt. The surprised me, not because the top looked bad, rather I didn’t feel comfortable wearing it. Her comment did make me feel a little better so I headed on out to the parking lot. As I was loading my stuff into mu car a guy passed by and commented, “Nice kicks.” I took it as a complement on my boots and thanked him. At the Goodwill I found a cookbook that looked interesting and at the register I got the same clerk I had talked to a few days ago and when she told me, “If that’s the way you want to dress its fine and that what you are doing looks Ok.” I asked her about the top I was wearing and she said, “It looks Ok, but the other day when you asked me I thought, later I thought I should have said that if you want to dress like that you ought to go all the way with a wig and makeup.” This kind of surprised me and I said, “Yeah, I’ve thought about that but I think I’ll just go back to jeans and boots.” What she said really struck home because I wasn’t feeling comfortable with the look I was presenting and I have been concerned about the direction I have been heading. Not that I think there is anything wrong with guys going out full fem, it’s just that I’m not comfortable doing it myself. So… I think I’m going to tone things down a good bit and limit myself to, at most, a mix of fem below the belt and male above the belt and a lot more of just boots and jeans. In the mean time I’ll try to figure out why I like to do this in the first place. :):)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy. Stop trying to sycoanalise yourself so much. Live your life as long as you are not hurting anyone else. When my wife left me, it left me without any state of incomberance. So I wear high heels everywhere, always. Skirts and corsets also. spikesmike. 9-18-2010

This has been a good weekend. I have kind of turned a corner and have toned down how I am presenting myself. I’m going to try the male top mode for a while and see if that satisfies me. So far it has and I am feeling a lot less stressed.

Saturday was a work around the house day and one of my chores was to pack up a bunch of stuff that “I’m never gonna wear” so I can take it back to the Goodwill.

Sunday was a museum day and I went over wearing a blue/white stripes dress shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I spent two hours sketching with the gal the runs the sketching group. She is cool with what I wear and we are starting to become friends (nothing more, just friends).

After the museum I stopped in Pet’sMart and Sam’s for some cat food and people food respectively. After that I stopped in a nearby Goodwill and dropped off my stuff. The gal that told me I ought to “go all the way with a wig and makeup” was standing outside and I thanked her for her comment and told her it was the “kick in the head that I needed.”

Recently I have picked up enough stress unrelated to how I dress that I didn’t need any more. Just wearing boots and jeans is a real stress reducer for me so I think I’ll stick with it for a while.

:)

Spikesmike – Part of what makes me tick is knowing how things work. I do that with computers, machinery, …and me. I need to know why I’m going off the deep end when take the plunge. Writing about something helps me to see the functioning of it. There is also the hope that some of my learning will be of benefit to others on this forum and/or that they might share their thoughts and experiences. (A word of caution all about accepting any advice you read on this forum… consider the source.)

Steve – Thanks for the thought but it may be the case that I’ll missing a gene which would account for my liking short jeans. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went shopping Saturday wearing a gray T-shirt, Jeans, and royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I went to MallMart, Sam’s and PetsMart all without incident and in fact the whole trip was uneventful. At WallMart I needed an item from the drug area and an item from the food section which are at opposite ends of this large store so I did a good bit of walking around. There were a couple of glances but no other reactions that I noticed. I also did JeffB’s trick of not picking the closest parking space so I got to walk a bit further. At Sam’s, as I was walking in from the parking lot a car passed in front of me driven by a lady with her husband in the passenger seat. As I walked past the car I overheard the husband saying, “Well you sure looked at him” and I could only guess what the lady’s original comment was. In the store, I walked through all the isles looking for my stuff and just took my time. No one seemed to even notice what I was wearing. The register clerk remembered me for one of my last visits and asked if I was still baking a lot of bread (the last time I had bought a pound of yeast and we talked about bread making). I’m sure she didn’t remember everyone that had bought yeast in the past month but she did remember a guy wearing thigh boots with heels. At PetsMart a new clerk was helping me find my stuff and I was chatting with the manager. When I go out I try to present a confident but friendly image. I offer smiles to folks that notice my boots and chat with anyone that is interested. It seems that even if I don’t notice people reacting, people do notice a guy wearing thigh boots so I figure I might as well make the memory as pleasant and positive as I can. :)

It appears that you mostly go to the same places while wearing your thighboots. People, more often that not, keep returning to the same stores to shop because of their proximity to their homes, familiarity with the store and satisfaction with service and merchandise offered. So, it would seem that a lot of the people that see you out and about are already familiar with you and your dress habits. Therefore, the level of exposure to your "unorthodox" choice of garments isn't new to most (some/a few?) of them. Especially to the employees that work at the various places you frequent the most. Which is good, in my opinion, because there is less chance of adverse reaction from elements that might chose to make fun of your choices. I enjoy reading of your outings. And, like some of the people that you see on your trips, I also becoming acquainted with the scenes where you appear. And, thank you for taking the time to describe your trips to us. I thoroughly enjoy reading them. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136 - Actually there are two locations that I frequent: one in Northern Kentucky and the other is Cincinnati Ohio. Both areas have the sane collection of stores so it just depends on whether I’m coming home from work (Cincinnati stores) or starting from home (N.Ky stores). Both areas have a Sam’s, Goodwill, PetsMart, Krogers and Walgreens. Since both of those locations serve my shopping needs, I haven’t ventured to other areas mostly because of time limitations. Most of the employees in these stores have seen me and seem to accept that if I spend money, there happy with me as a customer, but most of the shoppers have not seen me before; I rarely see people I recognize so it’s all new to them.

1-Ditto to Bubba's comment: Thank you Thighbootguy for describing your trips to us. 2- I also really enjoy your reads and above all it gives me the motivation I need sometimes to go out wearing my heels. Again, you are a real inspiration to us all!!!!!!!!!! :)

real men wear heels

I take your point, TBG, about you shopping in "two" separate areas as well as that about the employees. But, as to"most shoppers" not having seen you before, that's more difficult to assess mainly because, as you say, you can't/don't remember seeing them. Which isn't quite the same as they having seen you in the past and remembering having seen you before, is it? You can be seen and readily recognized from your attire far across a busy parking lot where you would never be able to see the person watching you. Please don't take this in any critical way. It's just a fact. You are one person, not normally attired, mixing amongst several hundred other people.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

1-Ditto to Bubba's comment: Thank you Thighbootguy for describing your trips to us.

2- I also really enjoy your reads and above all it gives me the motivation I need sometimes to go out wearing my heels.

Again, you are a real inspiration to us all!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thighbootguy ...

I couldn't have said this better. As others have said, I too thoroughly enjoy reading your posts about your outings. I love wearing high heels in public and you and JeffB and others inspire me to not only continue wearing high heels in public but to go to other places that I have not been wearing high heels. As I have said many times I enjoy all of the looks and especially reactions and comments that I receive. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and keep them coming!

To all –

Thanks so much for the kind words but as Charlie Brown would put it, “Good Grief.” I never in my wildest dreams thought that writing about wearing thigh boots would be an inspiration, a warning maybe but not an inspiration. :)

Part of the fun of going out is posting about it but posting is an addictive activity. So which comes first; going out and having something to post about, or needing something to post about and going out to get it? One activity does feed on the other. I have cautioned new folks about how addictive posting can be.

I do want to thank the Admins for the birthday greeting, including the part about now being old. Today turned out to be one of the most memorable birthdays I’ve ever had, but note that not all memories are good ones.

The day started with the main house sewer stopping up and having to get a plumber to snake it out. The plumber’s slogan is, “A Flush Beats A Full House”. Another part of the day was occupied catching an almost wild cat for a friend so it (the cat not my friend) could get its shots. This was a comedy of errors that wound up with me having an additional cat in a cage in my house for the next couple of days.

The day was such a disaster I didn’t make it to work, even though I can work from home via the miracle of contemporary telecommunications. That left me with a couple of hours this afternoon to go out just for the fun of being out.

I went out wearing a black turtleneck, tight jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

My first stop was my favorite thrift emporium where I spent some time just wandering the isles. I didn’t see anything I was interested in but I did get a comment from a young black guy (18-20) when he spotted my boots, “Hey man, I really like your shoes!” and gave me a thumbs up. I thanked him and kept shopping.

Next I went to Northern Kentucky University to get a new parking permit. It had been a couple of years since I had gotten one and they had moved the parking office. I parked and walked into the building that used to house the parking office and asked to where it had been moved. The guy at the desk looked real hard at my boots then answered my question … sorta. He asked if I now knew where it was and I said I didn’t so he repeated his answer. It never dawned on him to point it out on the map that was on the wall. I drove around for a while and never did find the parking office. Oh well, that’s an excuse to go back again.

I went to Sam’s and got milk and eggs then headed home.

Like I said, this was a memorable day.

UpBy5 – Read back a few pages and you will get a flavor of how I have been going out but in the future I expect it to be a lot of boots and jeans with a leather jacket.

gee thighbootguy, I'd swear that the guy @ the university was not all that smart (it can show if watch for it) & I'll bet he was so "taken by surprise" by a guy in thighboots that he didnt know exactly what to think, much less say (the ones that aint exactly on the bright side seem to have a harder time recovering in cases like this you know):)

This morning I had a visiting cat bite me on the hand. Nothing serious and it was my fault but whenever you get a cat bite you should see a doctor because the bite often becomes infected. I was already dressed for work with tan slacks, a long sleeved dress shirt, and knee high brown suede boots with a 2½” blade heel worn under my slacks so I changed the brown boots for my black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos worn over my slacks and headed to the urgent care clinic.

I got two reactions: The doctor came in and exclaimed, “What is this? Do you ride?” He meant horses, then he noticed the heel. I told him I didn’t ride and this was just what I wear. The other reaction was from an old guy in the waiting room who gave me (and my boots) a very hard stare as I was leaving. He didn’t say anything but it was clear he didn’t think I should be allowed on his planet.

I changed back to my brown boots but wore them over my slacks and headed to the pharmacy to drop off my prescription.

I rezipped my boots under my slacks and headed on to work.

As luck would have it I had an eye exam scheduled for today so I left work and headed to the eye doctor’s office. I rezipped my brown boots over my slacks and went in for the exam. I was there for an hour and no one said a word.

After the eye exam I headed to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. The gal at the pharmacy counter noticed my boots and gave me a smile as she started to ask me if I rode but stopped and said “no those aren’t for riding”. She asked me if there was something special going on and I told her that I just liked to wear them. She seemed cool with that and told me about her daughter who always wear cowboy boots even with a dress. I told her that most people don’t notice when I where these and had I known she would I would have worn my tall ones and indicated where they came up to on my leg. That got a nice smile.

I rezipped my boots under my slacks and headed back to work.

At least wearing boots has made this a better day.

demoniaplatforms-

Your right. That guy was not the brightest bulb on the campus.

I stopped in Sam’s tonight after work and I was in a bit of a hurry so I only unzipped my black knee high boots with 2” block heels and rezipped them over my jeans rather than changing to my thigh boots. The shopping trip was uneventful until I left the store where I ran into one of the clerks who was off duty and with her family. She asked me where I got my shoes and offered that one of the other girls also thought my shoes were great. I told her the pair I had on were at least 20 years old and I didn’t remember where I had gotten them but the thigh boots came from the web and I gave her a couple of sites to check out. I’ve worn my knee high boots over my jeans for the rest of the evening. That and a little scotch makes for a fine evening. :)

TBG: Bravo to you and your recent outings! I took my thigh boots out for a spin today. I had forgotten just how much fun it is to wear them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The temperature has started to cool so it is excellent thigh boots wearing weather. Saturday I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with flat heels and jeans to did some work around the house then went out to find a cobbler, and stopped at my favorite thrift emporium. I went in and wandered around a bit but didn’t see anything of interest. The place was packed with Saturday shoppers but no one seemed concerned about my footwear. I never did find a cobbler shop that was opened. I have broken the metal shank in my brown suede knee high boots with blade heels and I wanted to give the professionals a crack at it before I tried a repair. Any advice would be welcome. Sunday, I treated myself to a new set of guitar strings. You shouldn’t be able to really notice much difference when you change strings (if you do it often enough) but the change was dramatic and an absolute delight. I spent most of the morning enjoying playing on the new strings. The afternoon was for a Museum trip. I went over to the Museum wearing a black turtleneck, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. I wound up parking in the very last parking space in the parking lot so I had a nice long walk to the door. The folks at the desk greeted me warmly and told me in what gallery the drawing group was meeting. Normally there are two or three people in the group (including me and the instructor) but this week there were folding chairs all over the place. There must have been a dozen folks sketching away. I grabbed a stool and sat down in front of a bust of George Washington and added him to my collection of faces in my sketch book. Towards the end of the meeting the teacher and one of the guards were talking about the problems they have with some of the docents (a tourist guide working in some museums). They referred to them as "old fogies". I told them to speak kindly of "old fogies because I are one." That got a laugh my teacher asked me if I had ever been captured by one of the docents (must be a common practice for the docents to ask the staff a LOT of questions). I said I hadn't but then I'm wearing these (and patted one of my boots). The look of a dawning revelation went across both of their faces. The guard joked, "Yeah, I might have to get a pair of those." What really happened was that they realized a docent, who had never seen me before, might not choose to ask guy in high heeled thigh boots a questions. That meant that they were so used to seeing me wearing my boots that they saw it as normal and it caught them off guard when they realized how different it was. After the class my teacher (who is cute as a button) and I went out into the central court yard I used her camera to take a couple of pictures of her as a study for a self portrait. After the Museum I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium again. The 5" heels do turn a few more heads than the flat ones do. I bought a light tan suede knee length skirt for $4 before I realized I really don’t need another leather skirt. Oh well, one more for the collection. All in all a nice weekend in boots. :wave:

I stopped in Sam’s after work wearing a black turtleneck, black hose, a black fabric mini skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The shopping was uneventful but when I got to the register I asked the clerk, who knows me, if it was too much black. She looked me over and said, “Nah, it looks fine… but you know I’m a fan.” I broke out laughing and she joined me. :wave:

... Sunday, I treated myself to a new set of guitar strings. You shouldn’t be able to really notice much difference when you change strings (if you do it often enough) but the change was dramatic and an absolute delight.

Towards the end of the meeting the teacher and one of the guards were talking about the problems they have with some of the docents (a tourist guide working in some museums). ...

A silly question, perhaps, Tbg, but what do you do with discarded or broken guitar strings? I expect you throw them away (makes sense!) but I ask because they have a number of uses in model making and the like, especially in the finer gauges, e.g. 0.011" or thereabouts. I know modellers who have to buy new guitar strings just to acquire the fine, high quality wire they need. No, I'm not asking you to send me a packet of discards but I suspect someone local would make use of them!

I had never heard the term 'docent' and had to look it up. In most of continental Europe, it means an 'assistant professor' or an ordinary lecturer; that application does not seem to be in use in the UK (or US) but is possibly understood by academics in both countries. The US variation in use you cite is, as you say, that of a museum guide or 'educator'. Here again, I am not aware of its use in the UK - but doubtless the transatlantic invasion of our language will continue until we have 'gotten' it here too. (I quite like 'gotten' - a useful distinction from 'got' and in fact an old UK English word which fell out of use here and is almost unknown here now.)

Oh well - that's enough deviation from topic but sometimes the obiter dicta can be as interesting as our various footwear.

Puffer is correct when he states that the use of the word "docent" is hardly used in everyday, ordinary conversation. I've herd the term before but I also had to look it up to refresh my understanding of it's definition. Living here in the south-eastern part of the United States, where their is a plethora of undereducated individual.....most of which possess a vocabulary of not more than 35 words (15 of which are highly descriptive profanity) it's really not surprising that so many words die from being underused.

Puffer and Bubba136

I hadn't realized that docent was that obscure since it is the job title on the museum tour guide's name badges. But if I pulled a word out of the moth balls for you guys the so much the better. I also looked it up to be sure of the spelling and was surprised to find the academic professor meaning, the museum guide was the second definition.

As for old guitar strings… if they are still playable they go into the guitar case as emergency backups and the set that were there go into the trash.

The reason for the interest in new strings started because Tommy Emmanuel in giving a concert in Cincinnati tonight and tomorrow night. I have a ticket for both concerts because they will be different shows (Tommy makes up the play list while he is on stage). Tonight I will be wearing a blue dress shirt, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. I have been looking forward to these shows since last year.

There is only one way to describe a Tommy Emmanuel performance… WOW. For a confirmation of that search for Tommy Emmanuel on You Tube and enjoy. The venue has seating for about 1,000 and it was full. I got there an hour before the show started and got a seat three quarters of the way back, which was the closest seat still available. I was wearing a dark blue dress shirt, jeans, denim jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. At the will-call ticket pickup there was a long queue so I chatted with the folks in line. The gals distributing the tickets recognized me and were all smiles and greeted me like a long lost patron. The president of the concert series was in the lobby and also greeted me like a long lost friend (he is good at that and I suspect it's one of the reasons he is heading up the organization, but it was still good to be recognized). I went into the auditorium and claimed a seat then wandered around a bit. I spent some time talking to the sound guy and told him about an echo in the auditorium he didn't know was there (sound guys worry about stuff like that). During the concert there was a lot of getting up and applauding and the extra 5 inches of height made that kind of nice. In the intermission I ran into Lisa Biales (Big Music House owner) and got a hug. She is only about 5'6" and I'm 6'5" (in heels) so the hug took some balancing on my part and we were in the isle with a crowd around. So much for being embarrassed to be seen with a guy wearing thigh boots with heels. Tommy is giving a second performance tonight. He gives a different show each night. I already have my ticket and will be heading there again. The only difference will be a light blue dress shirt. :wave:

The only thing that was better than the first night's Tommy Emmanuel concert was the second night's. After watching and listening to him perform for two nights I'm even more convinced it is impossible for one person to get that much music out of one guitar. It was a fantastic performance. The audience seemed to appreciate what they were hearing, judging by the number of standing ovation they offered. I actually had a calf muscle cramp one time when I got up. It seems like jumping up and cheering a lot of times is not something to do while wearing 5" stilettos. I went to the concert wearing a light blue dress shirt, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. The folks at the will-call station again greeted me like an old friend, and I chatted with the president of the organization out in the lobby again. He didn’t seem put off chatting with me and other patrons at the same time. Having a guy in thigh boots and stilettos around didn't seem to be a problem. I managed to get there earlier than the night before and got a descent isle seat about 15 rows back. Close enough to see clearly and not directly in front of the speaker cabinets (which is painful). I chatted with the folks around me about the show and the upcoming shows in the series. Then I wandered to the back of the auditorium and talked with the sound guy (who knows me) and struck up a conversation with the lighting guy. I have always been interested in the production of a show, sometimes more than the show itself. I suspect that Tommy Emmanuel is responsible for more would be guitar players going home after hearing Tommy and reducing their guitars to kindling than anyone else. Wearing thigh boots in public is a training exercise in building self confidence and this confidence transfers to other aspects of your life. I know I will never play like Tommy but I have the confidence to keep at it and play in public. Tommy also inspires people to do whatever they do as well as they can. I no longer accept my "bad playing" as "as good as I can do" rather I now just work harder at it until the "bad playing" is at least "reasonable playing". This also transfers it other aspects of your life… I'll now make sure my boots are always polished. The show was great and I had a great time in boots. :wave:

I am so happy you had a good time at the concerts. It sounds like Tommy is quite an inspiration to you. I hope you understand that the inspiration you get from him is similar to the inspiration you give to us as far as wearing high heels in public. I do understand it is definitely not the same thing. But your dedicaton, attitude, and overall positive feeling for wearing high heeled thigh boots in public inspires all of us who wear high heels in public. I remember the first time I went to our city's art museum wearing high heels. It was not a positive experience. But after reading your posts and especially your visits to your local museum, I have returned many times (when the different exhibits are featured) and I am welcomed with open arms. Thank you again for all of your posts and please keep them coming.

Stopped at Sam’s on the way home for an uneventful shopping trip wearing jeans, a turtleneck, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I haven’t posted a picture for a while so here is one with the same outfit but thigh boots with 4” stilettos.

post-928-133522925939_thumb.jpg

Roniheels - Thanks for the kind words and I’m glad you made an additional effort to try the museum again. It’s hard to tell what will inspire anyone. Tommy Emmanuel concerts and good drawings/paintings do it for me. Inspiration is just a way to be encouraged to do what you really want to do anyway. If my wearing thigh boots with heels in public is an inspiration to anyone… well it seems to me they ought to get themselves a pair and start wearing them. Anyone so inspired is welcome/encouraged to drop in a post and tell us how it’s going.

:wave:

Roniheels - Thanks for the kind words and I’m glad you made an additional effort to try the museum again. It’s hard to tell what will inspire anyone. Tommy Emmanuel concerts and good drawings/paintings do it for me. Inspiration is just a way to be encouraged to do what you really want to do anyway. If my wearing thigh boots with heels in public is an inspiration to anyone… well it seems to me they ought to get themselves a pair and start wearing them.

Well, you certainly inspired ME! Before I began reading your utter fascinating posts, the notion of wearing thigh high boots was as alien to me as Klingons performing Shakespeare. But, the more I read your posts, the more curious I became, so I decided to give the boots a try, and the rest, as they say, was history. As for visiting museums, that sounds most intriguing. I might have to give that a try myself!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I had occasion to go over to Radio Shack this afternoon. I went wearing a blue short sleeved knit shirt, light tan capris and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I have been to the shop several times but the personnel had changed so it was a first time experience for them. I was looking for hearing aid batteries (I’m not that old,.. I use them in a condenser microphone) and I had to ask a clerk where they were. This young man gave me a very disapproving look and said they were behind the counter and then shuffled off in that direction. It seems his sneakers didn’t have any laces so he was having trouble walking in them. He asked for the battery number and pulled down a double pack. I needed a couple more batteries than were in that pack so I said I needed two. He pulled them down and rang them up when I notices there were single packs on the rack and asked for one of them rather than the second double pack. He said he had already rung them up so I would have to sign the credit card machine and then he would process a refund. That didn’t sound like a good idea to me so I asked what he would do if I just walked out of the store now? He called the manager over and learned how to void a transaction then rang up what I wanted. :wave: He then went back to whatever he was doing before I came in and the manager went back to a customer. I wandered around the store and looked at stuff. Any decent clerk would have asked if there was anything else he could help me with but this doodle went on a smoke break outside the store. When the manager was free I asked him about high end video cameras and he showed me what was available. The doodle finally came back in and still ignored me. I think the manager noticed. The doodle wasn't worth expending any more effort than that. Next I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium and just looked around. I didn’t see anything of interest so I headed back home. Just a side note. At home I normally don’t wear heels all the time but this weekend I spent all day Saturday in thigh boots with 4” stiletto and today I wore my 5” pair all day. I think my legs are going to let me know about this tomorrow. :(