Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

well, yes their minds are NOT yet developed as of yet so you (like all of us @ that point in out own lives) must expect it, in terms of over-all judgement no, thats why a lot of teens can have terrible car accidents due to this "lack of judgement" that all of us go through.

Hey guys, I remember something about people mind. I do not know if it is here or on another place in internet that said: The brain of other people is not programmed to react when they see men wearing high heels. Their brain do not know how to react and when I was reading that, I had a long laughing time :wave: uNDERDEVELOPPED MINDS EHHEHEHEHEHHE!

It still amazes me that any reactions similar to the ones Thighboot guy received that I receive when wearing high heels in public comes from younger people. You would think with the various fashion statements that young people make today, they would be open to any new look displayed in public.

It's always been that while the younger generation is into their boldly demonstrating against conforming with societies current practices, they obviously view anyone from an older generation exhibiting "antisocial" tendencies (such as a guy wearing heels) as being" something to zealously point out. And, it's in a young female's genes to hoot and holler and draw attention. Especially in a group where their loud recriminations draw attention without embarrassing them. (Kinda like "cheer leading.")

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What do you mean crotch?

It's always been that while the younger generation is into their boldly demonstrating against conforming with societies current practices, they obviously view anyone from an older generation exhibiting "antisocial" tendencies (such as a guy wearing heels) as being" something to zealously point out. And, it's in a young female's genes to hoot and holler and draw attention. Especially in a group where their loud recriminations draw attention without embarrassing them. (Kinda like "cheer leading.")

In my words, you mean they cuts has bad opinion butt strange looking people and they laugh of what appears different to them.

And, it' S in has Young female' S constrained to hoot and holler and Draw attention. Especially in has group where to their loud recriminations Draw attention without embarrassing them

Does Young women want attention more than have heel man to avoid embarassing them?

I really am enjoying the denim micro skirt. After work I exchanged my slacks and knee high boots with 3” block heels for a denim micro skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I wore them with a blue/white striped dress shirt over a black sleeveless turtleneck and a long denim jacket and black tights. The tights are (almost) opaque black hose that are not quite as heavy as the leggings. It is cool and the skirt is a little breezy so the leggings might have been a better choice. I stopped in Kroger’s grocery and wandered the isles looking for an item and finally had to ask a clerk where it was shelved. I’m sure folks noticed but I got no reactions at all. The next stop was PetsMart where they know mw well. I got a nice comment from the clerk that the outfit worked. Next I stopped at a self serve gas station for a fill up. There weren’t many people there and I don’t think anyone even noticed. The last stop was the local Goodwill. I didn’t want to buy anything; rather I wanted another place to go before going home. The parking lot and the store were almost empty. I wandered around and found another denim micro skirt for $3.50. That adds a third one to the collection. Of course I tried it on in the fitting room. I told the register clerk (the same lady that told me I ought to go all the way with a wig and makeup) that I never thought this outfit would work. She gave me a nod in acknowledgement that it does. Maybe JeffB is right that I like to stick my finger in the publics eye when it come to conforming to “accepted” dressing. That may be part of why I like this outfit so much but I think there is more to it than just that. Part of it is that I really like the look and I wish others would try it (not members here [but your welcome to]; rather women in public). There may also be a bit of the Lone Ranger in me that enjoys being unique. Whatever… I am enjoying wearing denim micro skirts. :wave:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Maybe JeffB is right that I like to stick my finger in the publics eye when it come to conforming to “accepted” dressing. That may be part of why I like this outfit so much but I think there is more to it than just that. Part of it is that I really like the look and I wish others would try it (not members here [but your welcome to]; rather women in public). There may also be a bit of the Lone Ranger in me that enjoys being unique.

Whatever… I am enjoying wearing denim micro skirts.:(

I believe that I've commented in the past that I thought that you were the only person that went far out of his way to "ask" for a reaction whenever the way you were dressed provoked no reaction. Not that I disapprove of your asking. I just am not as eager to attract attention when I wear heels in public.

:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I just am not as eager to attract attention when I wear heels in public.

I don't know if it is that I am eager to attract attention when I wear high heels in public, but I thoroughly enjoy every single reaction I get when someone sees that I am wearing high heels. I enjoy the positive and analyze the negative.

I just am not as eager to attract attention when I wear heels in public.

Well, in a way, you DO attract attention when you wear high heels because to most of the public, they still believe that it's just not something men are supposed to do, it's simply a matter of whether or not the public chooses to react to what we wear. Ninety-nine percent of the time, nobody does of course, it's that one percent that provides those unique moments of interaction and unpredictability.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I stopped at Walgreens and a brand new Kroger’s store this evening after work. I was wearing a black leather jacket, gray long sleeved dress shirt over a black sleeve less turtleneck, white hose, a denim micro skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The stop at Walgreens was uneventful but I did get t chance to really see what this outfit looked like in the stores mirror wall. The white hose had me concerned because I had previously only worn this skirt with black leggings but the look was Ok. The register clerk greets me like a long lost friend every time I come in and tonight was no different. The lady in line in front of me had some reservations about my presence but relaxed and gave me a smile when the register clerk greeted me and I greeted her in return. This was opening night for a new Kroger’s store and the parking lot was full. I had to park at the far end and walk to the store. The temperature was cool enough that I was aware of how short the skirt was. I got a couple of glances as I walked to the store. The greeter wasn’t sure what to do but she welcomed me to the store anyway and I thanked her. I found the pharmacy and picked up a prescription. I noticed there were three people in line after me when I left the pharmacy. One smiled, one looked concerned, one didn’t notice. I headed out of the store then remembered I needed milk so I headed back in, much to the greeters chagrin. I got a couple of looks as I walked it the back corner of the store where the milk refrigerators were. In the checkout line they changed register operators just before they got to me. The lady that was running the register when I got there didn’t seem to be concerned about my looks. When she had rung up my stuff I told her that the guy that was running the register before her didn’t know how to run a cash drawer because it was a mess. I paid with a credit card so she hadn’t opened the drawer yet. Many many years ago I was taught how to run a cash register and make change and I still notice when people have no idea how to run a register. I walked back to my car. With this many people around I was surprised that I didn’t overhear a comment, hoot or whistle but there was nothing. I had a great time. :wave:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went shopping at Sam’s and the Goodwill after work tonight. I was wearing a gray cardigan sweater, black leggings, a denim micro skirt and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I wanted to try the look of the long sweater (it was longer then the skirt) and the leggings.

Sam’s was curious. I did get photographed by one overweight dude (I saw the flash go off). I walked past him, as he tried to ignore me, and said, “Most people have the courtesy to ask first”, and I just kept on walking.

As I was in the line, one of the new managers came by to do a pre-register checkout where that scan your items so all you have to do is pay for them at the register. “She said, “I’ve noticed you in a couple of time, do you come in often?”

“Yeah, at least once a week… I’m kind of distinctive.”

She seemed to be curiously chatty but she had other customers to attend to so she left with a, “See you next week.”

After seeing my reflection, I’m not as happy with the sweater as I thought I would be. The shape it presents is just too bulky and long. My loosing some weight would help but I’ll have to try something else.

At the goodwill I chatted with the clerks and some of the other shoppers. I found a long gray pull over sweater that hangs at the same length as the micro skirt. About that time a new manager (young lady) walked by and said, “I like your boots.”

“Thanks… could I get your opinion … will this (and I held up the gray sweater) work with leggings?”

She looked and considered it then said, “What shoes would you wear with it?”

I smiled and held out my leg and turned it to show the heel.

She smiled and said, “Oh yeah, that will work great.”

I bought the sweater.

As I was leaving I did overhear two women at the register commenting that, “Those boots really do look good.”

That was a very positive note upon which to end the outing.

On a whole different topic: I found a website that is interesting for beginning boot wearers. I think it was set up by the folks that do the Student of boots site:

Everything about boots

Spikesmike – My goal/message is not to have other members dress as I do, rather to have confidence when they do go out whatever they are wearing (skirts and heels to business suits and wing tips). Part of building that confidence is getting members to realize that most folks don’t care enough about what you’re wearing enough to give any reaction at all (but they do notice). For me, wearing thigh boots is a look that I like but I realize it isn’t everyone’s desired look. The only caveat for a guy wearing them is that pushes the look you present to such an extreme that you can wear anything else you want without worrying about it.

I attended a Texas Guitar Women concert last night. I wore the long gray turtleneck sweater I just purchased, tight jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. These jeans are as tight as leggings so the appearance was denim leggings.

I managed to get to the venue early and picked up my ticket. The concert staff recognized me and greeted me warmly. I got into the line to the auditorium and chatted with folks, some of whom I had met at The Big Song House concerts. When the doors opened I got a good seat in the second row that was just a few feet from the photographer (see the above link). I was sitting next to another guitar player and we chatted about the past and upcoming performers.

At the intermission, I wandered out to the lobby where I did notice several gals wearing very nice boots (tis the season) and another gal with 5” heels pumps with a hidden platform. I chatted with some more folks and the sound guy then headed back to my seat for the second part of the show.

After the show, as I was walking up the side isle of the theater I did overhear a guy commenting to another guy, “I gotta get a pair of shoes like that.” I’m not sure he saw the heels or it might have been a facetious comment, but maybe not.

The concert was great but wearing boots made it even more fun.

Last note: If you ever get a chance to attend a Carolyn Wonderland concert, do it.

On a whole different topic: I found a website that is interesting for beginning boot wearers. I think it was set up by the folks that do the Student of boots site:

Everything about boots

Well, those websites were certainly interesting. Nice pictures there!

I am so glad you had a great time at the concert. It is so neat how you intermingle with the crowd and it sounds like your attire is accepted by this group. And even if the comment was facetious, I'll bet he secretly wanted a pair of high heel boots that he could put on and wear. Thank you for sharing your evening with us.

well I've been to this "STUDENT OF BOOTS" site before, & while the footwear in question looks good there's none of them with MEN wearing the them, just the same old stuff about them being WOMEN'S boots with WOMEN wearing them like most other sites (the now gone Thighboots.com site being just like this one with women only, not very "cutting edge" as far equalitiy for both genders wearing thighboots!):(:wave: it's like they (the site owners) ASSUME that only women not men would want to wear this style of footwear, talk about sexist!!

I made a quick stop at PetsMart and Sam's last night wearing a bulky black sweater, a denim micro skirt, white hose, and black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. The staff in both stores were friendly as usual but it was a night for folks deprived of other forms of humor to be out and about. I provided some humor for several rather rude folks in Sam's and one guy just stood there with his cell phone camera and shot away. I think I am going to start carrying a camera to get pictures of the other photographers. I do like this look and since the temperature was 70F it was very comfortable. Maybe there is a positive aspect of global warming, 70F in November in Cincinnati. I seem to remember when I was growing up there was snow up to my eyeballs at this time of year, but I was a lot shorter then and wasn’t wearing heels either. The short skirt and boots generates a very different reaction from the public than jeans and boots do. Boots with jeans just turn a few heads but the short skirt seems to generate a more vocal response. I have always thought that wearing thigh boots with 5" heels so overloaded people's sense of traditional fashion that I could wear anything else with my boots. It looks like the micro skirt makes a stronger statement than the thigh boots but I'm not going to try the micro skirt without my boots to find out. It was still a fun outing. :wave:

As long as you enjoyed your outing that is the main thing. I like the idea about carrying the camera and turning it on the one's taking pictures. I know there have been many threads about being open to being caught by camera phones in public. Still, it is rude when someone like that openly acts like paparazzi right in front of you. I guess I have been lucky and not gotten the open display of rudeness that you received. I have always said that I enjoy all reactions I receive when I'm spotted wearing high heels in public, but there is a place to draw the line.

• 3 weeks later...

I have neglected posting for a little while so let me catch things up a bit. Last week I found a pair of new brown knee high boots at the Goodwill and took advantage of the good price. They are a size 11 which is a little small for me but they have a round toe and they are a stretch fabric so I can wear them all day without discomfort. They also have a wedge 3" heel. This is the first wedge heel I have ever owned but since I have just recently had the right heel on two pair of boots come loose I figured I needed something more substantial. Friday, which is a jeans at work day, I pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos and headed to the Goodwill in the town where I work. This is only the second time I have ever worn my boots into that shop and the other time was a Saturday morning when there is a different staff on duty. I'm sure the regular staff knows I wear all the stuff I buy but they have never seen me doing it. Anyway, I got out of the car and started to walk across the parking lot when my right foot felt like it had gone into a soft pile of goo. I looked down and saw that I had broken a heel. I muttered a few nasty words to myself but went on into the store anyway without walking too funny. The staff knows me and didn't give me more than a glance and I really don’t think they noticed my boots. I was a little disappointed so I looked around a bit then headed back to my car where I changed back into my knee high boots I had been wearing all day. I stopped at Sam's and Walgreens wearing jeans and blue leather knee high boots with 2" block heels. Saturday I went to a concert In Oxford Ohio. I wore jeans, a bulky black sweater and a pair of black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. Considering that it was snowing, the 4" heels were a better choice than my, now broken, 5" heels. I had a great time with the small crowd of people. I have a reputation for bringing good food and for wearing boots. I received complements on both counts. One lady asked if I had more than the one pair and I told her that I had several and in different colors. Another guy commented that my boots looked like they were warm and I assured him that they were. Sunday was a museum day and I wore the same outfit to the museum. There is a new leader for the drawing class and she welcomed me (as she did everyone else). One of the guards went out of his way to greet me and told the class leader that the loved to watch me draw. He seemed to think I did a nice job of sketching. While I was drawing a really cute young lady came up to me and said she really loved what I was wearing and the look I was presenting (her words) and asked if she could take my picture. She has a real 35mm camera (with film) and she said it was for her photography class so I said, "Sure why not." The museum had a display titled "Modern Woman" and she posed me in front of the display sigh. I gave her points for creativity. I tried repairing the broken heel by inserting a steel pin in a slot I cut across the break and affixing it with epoxy. It worked for a while but the epoxy broke loose. I think it's time to retire that pair of boots. Other than the broken heel, it was a great weekend in boots. :)

Yesterday I went to the Guitar Center to get a new set of strings which is a treat every guitarist should indulge in more often. I was wearing jeans and leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos and a black leather jacket. I got one quick glance from the sales clerk who had never seen me before but was still glad to sell me something. I also wandered through the guitar show rooms. I judged the sound of my classical guitar to be in the range of the better instruments they had for sale but then I went into the acoustic steel string instrument room and played a $2000 Martin… wow. One of the clerks came through and didn’t ask if I liked the guitar, rather he said, “I like your boots.” I then went to Sam’s to pick up a few items then on to a local Goodwill where I found a short denim skirt with a lot of lycra in the material. It was marked a size 9 but I’m sure that was an error. Whatever, it fits nicely and feels great. Tonight I went to a Christmas concert last night in Oxford Ohio. Oxford is the home of Miami University and Oxford also has a very healthy arts community. The concert was at the Community Art’s Center and featured a dozen of the local musicians and was very well attended by several hundred people. I wore jeans, a red turtleneck, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos, and a black leather jacket which I took off in the concert. I got there a little later than I had planned and had to park two blocks from the hall. It was a nice walk to the hall even though there was a light rain falling. I took a seat in the front row that was off to the side. The seating was in the shape of a shallow “U” and I was on one of the legs so I was actually in front of most of the audience. Lisa Biales was one of the performers and when she saw me she came over and sat down and we chatted about the music and the performers. The concert was very nice. There really is nothing like creative people getting together and performing live music. I only noticed one lady giving my boots a second glance. The rest of the crowd didn’t seem to notice or care. After the show Lisa and I chatted again and I walked back to my car. Since the weather has cooled off a bit, boots and jeans are a very comfortable combination both physically and in appearance. :)

I found out how delightfully warm a pair of thigh boots can be this evening. After work I stopped at PetsMart and Sam’s wearing a black turtleneck sweater, a black leather vest and coat, my new short denim skirt, black tights, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The temperature this evening was 19F (-7C) which in all honest is too cold for a short skirt, but if you keep your boots pulled up it wasn’t uncomfortable. At PetsMart, the manager knows me well but he still gave a second glance at what I was wearing just because of the cool temperature. In Sam’s I think I was wearing the only skirt in the store. I told the register clerk that it was a little cooler than I thought it was going to be and she got a laugh out of that. Oh well, I had a cool time. :)

I worked from home today and went out to do my Friday shopping around noon. I was wearing a black leather jacket, a black turtleneck, jeans, and black leather crotch high boots with 5” stilettos. It is still cold and there were several inches of snow on the ground. That is significant because this pair of boots has a smooth sole that has no traction on ice or slush. I found this out on my first few steps out of the car. I went to Sam’s for gas and groceries, then to PetsMart and Walgreens and while I was in the neighborhood I stopped in the local Goodwill. At the gas pump a lady on the other side of the pump noticed my boots and gave me a smile. In Sam’s there were several ladies wearing boots and I complemented one gal on her good choice of footwear. That got a smile and a thank you. I told the register clerk about my mistake in wearing this pair of boots with a slick sole and she said she was jealous that I could wear a 5” heel and she couldn’t. At the Goodwill I found what is called a half jacket with a hood. It looks like it is for a runner. I’m not sure what I’m going to wear it with (if at all) but it looked interesting. The register clerk told me to be careful wearing heels in these slick conditions. I got back home and have spent the rest of the day pounding on the computer keyboard while my feet and legs are warm in a pair of thigh boots with 4” stilettos. It’s been a good day. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't go out much over the holiday break from work but Monday I needed a couple of things from Sam's so I pulled on a black long sleeved turtleneck, black tights, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos, a black leather skirt that fell just at the top of my boots, and a black leather jacket. Yeah it was a lot of black and leather but it really went well together. The other change is that I am now wearing a full beard that that is gray. I have gotten complements on the beard so others don't think it looks too bad but it does add contrast when I'm wearing a skirt. One other thing about Monday… it was 23F (-5C), but it warmed up to 29F (-1C). Anyway, I stopped in Sam's and took my time finding my stuff. In the checkout line, one of the operators said I could come over to her register, which was empty, but since I was next in line for the clerk I knew, I declined the offer to change lanes. I think the clerk I knew took it as a complement when she said to the other operator, "He just wants to see me." Other than that Sam's was uneventful. I also stopped in the MallMart Super Center to pick up a couple of items. This was also an uneventful stop. Fortunately there wasn’t another gaggle of giggly girls to make things "interesting". The last stop was a local Goodwill. I took my time and wandered around the store. I found one item and headed to the register where I had two choices, a middle aged white guy, or a young black gal. I got in the gal's line. She was ringing up my item when she paused and said, "You look amazing, that looks really nice." "Thank You." "I really mean it you look amazing. Are you comfortable dressing like that? Well of course you are. How long have you been dressing that way?" "About two years." "That’s great!" and she gave me a high five. "Let me see the rest on the outfit." She leaned over the counter to see my boots. "Oh I love those boots…where did you get them? They're boots I'd wear." "I found them on-line" I rocked my foot to show off the heel. "These are 4 inch heels I normally wear a 5 inch." "How lonh have you been wearing heels?" "About five years." "You really do look amazing… I really mean that." She had finished ringing up my item and she sent me on my way with, "Now you get your sexy self out of this store." The smile she gave me let me know that was meant as a complement. I think I might go back to that store. :)

Buoyed by yesterday’s experience, I ventured out again in the leather skirt and thigh boots, this time with a long sleeved white shirt over the black turtleneck so it was less of an all black outfit but there was still a lot of leather. The temperature was still in the 25F (-2C) range. I was out for over two hours and managed to stop at three Goodwills and Sam’s. None of the three GWs were the one I visited yesterday. All four stops were without incident or any comment at all. I did try on a pink suede skirt at one of the Goodwills but it was just a bit too small. I think I have gotten this skirt thing out of my system for a little while. I’m not sure what triggered my desire to venture out in a skirt and I’m not sure why I feel that I have satisfied my desire to wear a skirt but I think I have for now. Ah well… back to boots and jeans. :)

Hey, TBG! Great job on your last two outings! I'm sure you must've looked great! And I don't mind wishing I could get compliments like that when I wear a short skirt and thigh boots! More power to you, my friend!

I had some repair work done on my car at shop in the town where I work. When I was driving home the check engine light came on again so I called the shop and asked if I could bring it back in the next day (Thursday). They are normally booked solid for three days in advance but the owner said I could bring it back around 12:30. Since work had closed for Thursday and Friday I didn’t have to worry about what I wore so Thursday I pulled on a grey turtleneck, jeans, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos, and a black leather jacket and headed towards work.

I pulled into the shop’s parking lot and grabbed my laptop and headed into the shop. Neither the owner nor his wife (who runs the counter) batted an eye as I walked in fact they welcomed me by name. I gave them my keys and headed over to a chair in the waiting area with my laptop. (Remember when Captain Kirk confined Scotty to quarters and Scotty said, “Oh thank you sir, now I can catch up on some of my technical manuals.”… That’s exactly what I was doing.) Several other customers came and went and paid no attention me.

After about 45 minutes, the owner said there was a clogged EGR vacuum line and they had cleaned it out. He said there was no charge but I offered to pay anyway. He said I had already spent enough money with them in the past couple of days and sent me on my way.

I stopped in the local Goodwill. I had only been in there once before wearing my boots and that was on the weekend with a different staff. The folks that have been waiting on me for the past couple of years saw me in boots and heels and didn’t bat an eye. These are folks I have a running banter with every time I go in. We threw a couple of lined back and forth but not a word about my boots. I wandered around the store but didn’t see anything I wanted.

I headed back home and just enjoyed the drive. My poor car has been thriving on neglect for quite some time and it is a real joy to drive it when it is running correctly. Doing it in thigh boots with 4” heels made it even better.

:lmao:

JeffB – The news down here said you only got 20” of snow. That’s just a nice depth for being out and about while wearing thigh boots. How about a picture out on your back steps? :)