Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

TBG:-) We are like you in that we pay our taxes by mail at the last minute especially if we owe and need the extra time to come up with the funds. I don't think that the government would care a wit what you wear when you pay your taxes just so that you pay them at all. They are licking their lips at the thought that they have your money to spend as they will without telling you what for. In fact, they are hoping that you pay them late so that they can heap all of the fines on you that they can find and then some. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Had anyone asked, I was going to reply, “These are often referred to as f_ _ _ me boots and they seemed appropriate to wear when I’m paying my taxes.”

HA! Very appropriate!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Friday night I attended a house concert at the Big Song House last night. I went wearing a blue dress shirt, beans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This is the fourth time I’ve been to Lisa Biales’ home and the regulars at the concerts have come to expect me to be wearing boots. I’m starting to become one of the regulars. The concert was by a couple of 60s folk players that are still at it and I sat in the front row and toughly enjoyed the performance. I did get an “I like you boots” from one guy I had never met before. I thanked him and the conversation immediately went on to another topic. Two of the older (my age) ladies asked me a very difficult question, “What got you to start wearing heels?” I told them that when I figured that out I’d know a whole lot more about myself. They also really didn’t believe me that a 5” heel was comfortable. One lady commented that she hurt just watching me wear them and how small the heel was (area not height, and no I don’t walk like I’m hurting, she just couldn’t see herself wearing a 5” heel no less a stiletto). I told them that the only difficulty was walking in from the parking area which is an up hill walk over grass and gravel. They both concluded that my footwear was uniquely my distinctive style. I agreed that I could go with that. I didn’t tell them that I correspond with a whole group of guys that also wear heels and some that also wear thigh boots. I chatted with most of the other folks at the concert including the performers and had a great time. I honestly am just going out wearing a distinctive pair of shoes and I seem to be pulling it off. The fact that my shoes are thigh boots with 5” heels is being accepted (by this crowd at least) as just distinctive, not odd or weird or by someone to be avoided. The surprising thing was that after taxes, I still had $20 for a ticket. :smile:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Two of the older (my age) ladies asked me a very difficult question, “What got you to start wearing heels?” I told them that when I figured that out I’d know a whole lot more about myself.

Were these women attracted to you? It seems a reasonable question to me as they were your age. In the context of male/female attraction, girls operate from a disqualification basis: they disqualify guys/potential suitors by their reaction to their tests. If the guy gets all insecure or needy or approval seeking in his response, his value as a potential mate goes down. The more the tests they throw at you, the better because each test is actually an indicator of attraction.

They also really didn’t believe me that a 5” heel was comfortable. One lady commented that she hurt just watching me wear them and how small the heel was (area not height, and no I don’t walk like I’m hurting, she just couldn’t see herself wearing a 5” heel no less a stiletto). I told them that the only difficulty was walking in from the parking area which is an up hill walk over grass and gravel.

Sounds like another possible test to see if they can shake your sense of reality. It also sounds like they were having fun talking to you (she hurt just watching you wear them). I'd bet they were digging you Thighbootguy.

They both concluded that my footwear was uniquely my distinctive style. I agreed that I could go with that. I didn’t tell them that I correspond with a whole group of guys that also wear heels and some that also wear thigh boots.

haha, you should have told them to sign up straight away for an account at hhplace. Sounds like eventually, they bought your frame of reality.

In my opinion, it's anecdotes like these that are impressively valuable, for it demonstrates that not only can a guy wear stilettos in public, but he can actually be sociable, well liked, and a great conversationalist too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs –

Thanks for the insights but you are reading WAY too much into that conversation. I think that after seeing me around for several shows they were finally comfortable enough being around me to let their curiosity break through and ask me about my unusual footwear. There was no attraction other than polite conversation. One of the ladies (the one that hurt watching me) was at least 10 years older than I was.

That comfort with a group works two ways. I am comfortable enough with this group of people to really, honestly, not have a second thought about wearing thigh boots with 5” heels around them. I have always guarded against becoming complacent about where I go wearing boots because the more I do this, the easier it gets, and it would be too easy to forget that some folks do take exception to what I’m wearing. I do keep my guard up when I’m out except with this group and it is a really great feeling to be able to let my guard down.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I made a Sam’s Club shopping trip this morning wearing a black long sleeved V-neck stretch top, a short black leather skirt, dark hose and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

I wandered through the store and found my stuff and on the way to the register I went past the cash drawer station where one of the female managers and one of the female register clerks were standing. The register clerk was the gal who, on pervious visits, I had complemented on her hair style and a pair of boots she was wearing. She is also the gal that members of this board berated me for asking her for her shoe size. Anyway she is cute as a button and has the looks I envision Kneehighs chasing all over New York. The manager saw me and stopped to say Hi and ask how I was, so we chatted for a second or two. I then complemented the register clerk on the earrings she was wearing (bright silver, leaf shaped) and she just beamed. Then she just bubbled out, “There is a place at the Mall called Glitters and everything is a dollar, I got these (the earrings), this, (her bracelet), and this (a huge ring) for a dollar each! You have to go there.” And she quickly turned back to work with the manager.

To forestall further analysis, this was just a quick joyful conversation between a guy in boots and a skirt and a very cute gal from whom the guy presents no threat other than he says nice things.

After Sam’s I went to a Walgreen’s and got a nice smile from the register operator (young lady).

All the black leather was starting to get to me so I pulled out a pair of white slacks, and my white thigh boots and wore them with the same top and a gold neck chain and headed over to the museum. The parking lot was full so I had to park on the street and walk to the museum. The guards and the desk clerks gave me a quick second glance and then greeted me warmly as usual. I headed to the drawing session that meets on 1st and 3ed Sundays. The teacher (young gal, great artist) greeted me warmly and we waited for some others to join us. After a while a few more drifted in and we started drawing. After a while I wandered over to another gallery and I noticed that this white pair of boots is much louder than my black pair. I think they are original heel tips and sole, where my black pair is on their second sole and I’ve lost count of the heel tips. Anyway I generated a lot of noise as I walked and I could here it echoing through the galleries.

After the museum I wandered through my favorite thrift emporium. I got a couple of glances but nothing any other guy in white thigh boots would get.

All in all a fun day.

:smile:

TBG:-) Great outing and great interaction with the concert crowd. Good for you. Have you seen another man besides yourself out in public wearing white thigh boots? Nothing says more "look at me" than white thigh boots. You have great confdence in what you wear and where you wear it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have a couple of days off worn and I took the time to go and see Avatar. I went to an early showing and there were only eight other folks in the theater with me. I wore jeans, a shiny black top. And black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. There was only one you running the concession stand and selling tickets (his knuckles came close to dragging the ground). I was the first one in the theater and I had to get him to turn on the lights in the auditorium. Anyway, I chatted with one of the other patrons until more folks showed up and the movie started. Just before the show started I had to get up and leave to resolve a coughing fit and get a drink of water. That gave me more opportunity to walk around a bit. I highly recommend the movie. Good story, great CGI, and wonderful viewing experience. I’m sorry I missed the 3D version. Today I went down to the Covington convention center for a cholesterol test. This was more of an excuse to go out heeling rather than needing the test. There was a convention of cardiac nurses and they were offering a public screening. I parked about two blocks from the center and walked in and got in line for the test. I judged the speed on the process and realized I had not allowed enough time on the parking meter so I left and walked back to my car. The meter had a 30 min limit so I moved my car several more blocks away and walked back to the center. On the way a black lady called out to me and ran up behind me asking where I had gotten my boots. I told her I found them on-line. She said she didn’t buy on-line and I told her she wasn’t going to find them in Cincinnati. As we were walking two of her friends asked her, “Where did he get them?” I got back to the center just as a large group was coming into the front hall. I got several dour looks and a couple of smiles. In the screening area I got back in line and stood in line for an hour, the operative word there is stood. No one in line seemed to care about my footwear and I chatted with lots of folks. When I finally got to the screening, which takes five minutes, the nurse did ask me if I had ridden a bike to the event, she meant a motorcycle, and I said that I hadn’t and that the 5” heel would have gotten in the way. (JimC – I know you can ride a motorcycle with 5” heels, but it was a good story.) Somehow, she had not noticed the heels and was quite surprised by them. Her first question was, ”How do you walk in them?” and before I could say anything she answered, “Quite well.” She asked where I had gotten them. I shared that not too many guys can wear a 5” heel and even fewer would wear one in public. I finally just said they were distinctive. After the screening, I was headed out and one of the convention center staff asked where I had gotten my boots and commented that they were cool. I walked the four blocks back to my car without any further events. By the way, I passed the test with flying colors. :):smile:

My boots are Ellie 8899s to which I have added a 4” extension cuff that makes them 3” taller than stock. I have had them resoled, countless heel tips replaced, repaired both zippers, and use a cushioned insole. They have gotten a lot of wear.

I had Friday off from work and decided to head up to Dayton Ohio to the Dayton Art Institute. This is a very nice art museum that has a lot of really good stuff. I went wearing a black cotton long fluted sleeved top, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos.

It was about a 45 minute drive up to Dayton. When I got to the museum I was surprised to find their parking lot full. I parked on the street about a block away and walked back to the museum. I walked in and the folks at the front desk greeted me like a long lost friend, even though they had never seen me before. I asked if pencil sketching was allowed, and they said it was so I headed off into the galleries. About three quarters of the way through the museum (and about an hours walking) I found a portrait that caught my eye and I sat down to sketch it.

I had only seen about three people in the museum and I was wondering why the parking lot was full. I walked into a large hall between two galleries just as the center court restaurant was emptying out a high school prom. I walked back into the gallery for a little while, then, after the crowd had gone I headed on through the museum.

I did chat with one of the staff about a Rubens’ they had on display and asked her if Dayton knew what a treasure they had in this museum? She offered that they didn’t.

I was at the museum, walking around and sketching for three hours and the balls of my feet were starting to tell me it was time to get off the 5” heels. I walked back out to the car and started for home.

On the way I stopped at a Sam’s in Dayton. I think I was in the store for 10 minutes before anyone even noticed what I was wearing. I did get a nice smile from the register clerk and a friendly greeting from the manager.

All in all, a nice afternoon in heels.

:smile:

We have two museums in our town, one is our art museum, the other one is a tribute to American Indians. I have been going to both of them lately wearing high heels and after the initial "looks" I get nothing but positive comments concerning my high heels. I enjoy reading and relate to your posts and they inspire me to go more places and do more things wearing my high heel (I wear high heels every time when I go to the movies). Thank you again for sharing your days with us wearing thighboots in public.

TBG:-) A couple of great outings for you on your days off. Standing and walking on 5" heels without pads would have been impossible, but since you have pads in your boots you made the day all the way. Even at that I'll bet your feet were tired the next day even though you are a tried and true heeler. Congrats. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday was a fun thighboot day! I went shopping at Sam's wearing a gray T-shirt, tight jeans, and royal blue thigh boots with 5" stilettos. These boots seem to get more comments than my black ones. I parked and started to walk into Sam's when a car with 2 young black girls pulled in front of me and the driver asked where I had gotten my boots. The other girl almost climbed over the driver to get a good look at them. The driver jokingly suggested that I take them off and then tell the police that she had beaten me up and stole my boots. She was blocking traffic but the young black guy in the car behind them thought my boots were cool too. After Sam's I stopped in a nearby Goodwill where a lady (white mid 40s) congratulated me on being able to walk in my heels. She said she couldn’t manage them. She commented that I should wear what I want to wear and I said that, "You only get to go around once so you should do what makes you happy." She offered that she wasn’t too sure about that, and she was sure that she was on at least her third tour, and not always as a female. She really believed she had been previously alive as several different people. I said that I hadn't had that opportunity yet and we bid each other a good day. Sunday night I went to another of the in house concerts I have been attending. I wore a long sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans, and my blue boots. Many of the same eclectic group of people that were at previous concerts were at this one and they all recognized me (most did by name). Many of them commented on my wearing different boots and asked how many different pair I owned. (That means I'll have to wear the white ones to the next concert.) One of the folks commented that it must be difficult for me to walk up the hill from the parking lot to the concert (about 200 feet of grass and gravel road that climbs about 25 feet). Again, someone asked me how I had gotten started wearing heeled thighboots and I still don't have an answer (but I'm still thinking about it). The concert was great. The musicians all know me so my sitting in the front row was not a distraction. :) I am still struck by how accepting this group of people is about having a guy showing up wearing very distinctive footwear. I really am accepted as part of the group (boots and all). The only thing that reminds me of what I'm wearing is when I have to go down steps, which requires a little more attention in a 5" heel. Other than that, I just wander through the crowd chatting with folks and have a great time. Since this crowd has never seen me wearing anything else, I'm sure they expect me to be wearing boots. :P

... Sunday night I went to another of the in house concerts I have been attending. I wore a long sleeved blue dress shirt, jeans, and my blue boots. Many of the same eclectic group of people that were at previous concerts were at this one and they all recognized me (most did by name). Many of them commented on my wearing different boots and asked how many different pair I owned. ...

I guess you mean that they know your real name and addressed you accordingly. But, when I read this, I had visions of the group greeting you in unison with 'Hi, Thighbootguy' or similar - which makes you sound like some sort of superhero ... but then again I think you are not far off being one to many of your admirers! How about adding a suitably coloured cloak to your outfit, and perhaps a mask too? Can I buy the rights to the comic strip? :)

Puffer –

I do appreciate the fantasy you suggested, and there is a section on this board for fantasy stories (and that sounds like the basis of a good one) :), but the meetings/conversations I had with people were no different than conversations they had with any other casual acquaintance. We talked about the music, how lucky the community was to have such a venue, where we worked, families,… and only an occasional question about my distinctive footwear.

Caution Epiphany Alert

It has just dawned on me what is so different about being with this group. Shakespeare tells us, “All the world is a stage, and all the men and women merely players”. When I go out in public wearing my boots, I really feel like I’m walking out on a stage and offering my performance to the public and thus, I am concerned with the public’s reaction (good or bad). I become very aware of how the public is reacting to me while even while I am projecting the confidence that what I am doing is a normal thing. This is why I’m often exhausted by the time I get back home. Being on stage is hard work. However with this group, I’m not performing, rather I’m just a member of the group where I relax and enjoying their company. Although I don’t know these folks that well, I feel like I’m with a group of friends.

To put this in perspective, how many times, on this board, have we read, “I don’t have the nerve to wear my heels in public”? Read that as a case of “stage fright”. Also read comments like, “She stopped me and said she really liked my boots” as “and the audience went wild”.

:P

TBG:-) Once again you have waxed poetically and gained much enjoyment from that group of musicians. Your adventures can't get any better than that. And to top it all off, you quoted Shakespear who was totally right on that premise. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I dud a bit of shopping today wearing tight denim capri slacks but they were under black leather thigh boots wit 5” stilettos you couldn’t see their length, and a gray T-shirt.

The first stop was a WallMart super store. On the way in, a guy (white 6’ 300+ lb.) was taking notice of my footwear more than polite curiosity. I finally just stared back at him and he broke eye contact and headed on his way. I wouldn’t have been able to pull that off without projecting a feeling of confidence (but I probably could have outrun him even in 5” heels). In the store I just wandered around looking for my stuff.

After that I headed for a music store where the folks knew me and I looked through the books and sound equipment for a while then went into the guitar room. I asked the manager for his tuner (a good guitar salesman always has a tuner) and brought a nice little classical instrument up to pitch and played for a little bit. I told the manager when my economy recovers a bit more I’ll be able to do more than just look. :)

Next stop was another music store. I was still looking for a mike boom and the guy that waited on me commented that he still didn’t have my classical guitar strings. I had stopped in this shop several months ago looking for a particular set of strings (I was wearing my boots at the time) and this guy remembered me. (Must have made an impression.) They did have the mike boom so I made my purchase.

The next stop was Sam’s. There was a very attractive young black girl giving samples of something and as I walked by she commented, “I like your boots.” I thanked her and headed on down an isle. When I saw her again I noticed she was also wearing a tall shafted, high heeled western styled pair of boots. I told her I must be slipping and that her boots were very nice, which got me a very nice smile and a thanks.

The next stop was a Radio Shack I had never been into before. The sales gal (young black) didn’t miss a beat in welcoming me to the store. I bought a set of batteries for a condenser mike and looked around the store for a while.

The temperatures are close to 80F (26C) so I was starting to notice I was wearing thigh boots. If it gets much warmer I’ll have to resort to wearing shorts, which is my second favorite thigh boots look.

:P

DawnHH - Thanks for the kind words.

I dud a bit of shopping today wearing tight denim capri slacks but they were under black leather thigh boots wit 5” stilettos you couldn’t see their length, and a gray T-shirt.

Capri pants, eh? Interesting! I've thought of that myself but never got around to experimenting with them. How do such pants work with thigh boots? I'd like to know.

Capri pants, eh? Interesting! I've thought of that myself but never got around to experimenting with them. How do such pants work with thigh boots? I'd like to know.

Jeff, I believe if you brows back through HappyFeat's past entries you can check out his description of his Capri pants and pictures of the outfits he has posted wearing them. While I've worn T-shirts and shorts and trousers at the beach with wedge heel sandals, I've never thought about wearing Capri pants.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have worn capri style jeans an pants for a couple of years now. I like the style and have had several compliments on them. I have worn them with below the knee style of boots in cooler weather and wear them with mules and sandals in the warmer weather. If you like the style of capri pants go for it. I really enjoy wearing them Jf your are worried about style being more feminine you can see men wearing them in some fashion catalogs. They are called men's capris or judo shorts. If you don't want to buy them in the women's department. buy pants or jeans in the men's department and take them to an alteration shop (most cleaners have alterations within) and have them cut to length. A longer length would be about 5" less then your normal inseam length' From there you can go shorter. I have capris that have 17"-25" inseams. Men lets get out wearing our capris. I am sure the women will allow us to wear them!!!!

JeffB –

I thought I mentioned that you couldn’t tell what length pants I was wearing with my thigh boots. However, the capri pants I was wearing have a 7” zipper on the cuff which makes them very slim and really keep the leg down when I pull on my boots which is nice with pull on boots like yours and boots even with an ankle zipper like mine.

Today I’m wearing the same pants but with black knee high boots over the pants. The top of the boots is about 5” over the cuff so again you can’t see that they are capri pants. They are cut fairly slim and I think they look very nice.

I have a couple of other pair that are cut a little fuller (the Goodwill had a $1 capri pants sale one day) and all of them work well with knee high boots. I’ve worn the boots under a white pair that has a fuller cuff. Most of the boots are visible and I like the look.

Yesterday was a fun boot day. It was election day in Kentucky and I stopped at the poll before work. I was wearing normal work clothes with a pair of brown knee high boots with 3½" block heels under my slacks. Just for grins, I rezipped my boots over my slacks and went in to vote. I got one sour look from an older (+75) white guy that was coming out of the poll but no one else seemed bothered in the least. Voting in Kentucky requires the presentation of an ID (to prevent the practice of voting early and often) and when I presented my driver's license, the clerk looked at it and exclaimed, "Oh, it's you!" I have no idea if she was just being funny, or was surprised that the picture on the license match my face, or they were on the lookout for a guy wearing boots (that’s a joke). I voted and headed on to work, where I rezipped my boots under my slacks. After work I changed my slacks for a short black leather skirt, and the knee high boots for my black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos and went to a Kroger's grocery, PetsMart and Sam's, all without incident. The weather had unexpectedly cooled off enough that the short skirt would have been too cool without the tall boots. I consider the boots, both the knee high and thigh high, as just another pair of shoes but wearing a skirt is still something special. :)

I consider the boots, both the knee high and thigh high, as just another pair of shoes but wearing a skirt is still something special.

Great minds think alike. I also get a tremendous thrill when I go out in a skirt. It's just a whole lot of fun, especially when paired with high heels! Meanwhile, bravo on your voting day outing, it certainly made for good reading!

TBG:-) As side note____ I happened to be off work on voting day as we also voted the same day here in Pa. as you did back home. Mickey didn't wear a skirt nor did I, but after voting I took her out to lunch, then we droped our winter coats off at the cleaners for cleaning and storage, then to the Giant Eagle to pick up a few things that we needed. That was all that Mickey could take so we returned home. Glad to see that you had another good heeling day that day. Keep up the good work. Cheers--- Dawn HH Mickey 68

I wore my brown knee high boots with 3½“ block heels to work again today. I wore them under my slacks and with a blue dress shirt. On the way home I had to stop at a Walgreens so I switched the slacks for a knee length brown suede skirt and since I was already wearing black hose, and a black leather blazer, I had a nice looking outfit. I wandered through the store before selecting my stuff and didn’t notice any extra attention from the other shoppers.

As I was heading home, I stopped at our local liquor emporium for a bottle of scotch. I have worn my thigh boots in this place before but never a skirt. The clerks didn’t miss a beat. They treated me like any other customer, with casual greetings when I walked in, and bidding me a good evening when I left. All in all a most pleasant shopping experience.

DawnHH –

It’s great to hear that Mickey is out and about and that it is warm enough in PA.to put your winter coats into storage. Tell Mickey that is one less excuse she has for not getting out more often, and please give her my best wishes. :P

:)

Just found an interesting video.

Thigh Booted Drum Core 1

Thigh Booted Drum Core 2