Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

JeffB -

Well, if we were all the same we would adopt a common uniform to wear (but I doubt if it would be thigh boots with heels and skirts). It is great that you have found a comfort zone in your fashion choice.

I think my thigh boots with 5" heels are the same basic shoe as the knee high pair you already have (but don't seem to get much wear). If they are comfortable for you, then the thigh high model would be an excellent choice, and you don't have to wait for fall. Proper Prior Planning count in fashion too.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went shopping at a local WallMart superstore this morning wearing a gray T-shirt, high wasted denim shorts with a 1” inseam, and black leather crotch high skin tight boots with 5” stilettos (Tony-U). I haven’t worn these boots in a long time because they are not a comfortable to walk in as the Ellie boots I normally wear. The shoe is shaped a little differently and the heel feels like it is higher than 5”. This time I grabbed a cart to help me get used to walking in these boots. I was in the store for at least 30 minutes and for the first 10 I was glad the cart was there for balance. After that I was used to how the heel supported me and walking became natural. The geometry of the heel is different enough that when I first got out of the car I started to fall over backwards and that’s when I realized a cart was going to be necessary. I did get a couple of whistles with this outfit but for the most part no one seemed to care. I stopped in the shoe department and asked a clerk if they had anything in a 12. She didn’t miss a beat and walked through the racks to be sure before she told me that 11s were as large as they had. I thanked her for her help and headed for the register. Even in air conditioning, these boots are warm. I needed to make a trip to Sam’s and there is an even bigger WallMart a few blocks away from Sam’s so I headed there for some cat litter they didn’t have at the other store. T changed the gray T-shirt for a short sleeved open neck black shiny top, and kept the shorts and boots and headed into this WallMart. Again the trip was uneventful but the greeter did remember me from the last times I had been in. JeffB tends to brows through the electronic gizmos, but I like to look at the kitchen stuff. Did you ever notice how many Thighboot guy in the kitchen videos there are? Most folks noticed what I was wearing but it didn’t seem to bother anyone. After walking back out to the car I headed for Sam’s. The temperature is close to 90F and I’m wearing tight leather crotch high boots so I’m starting to notice the temperature. I parked in a back lot and walked into the store. As soon as I got in I realized I had left my shopping list in the car. I don’t have the discipline to go shopping without a list so I headed back out to the car to get it. After looking through the car and not finding the list I headed back in and decided to wing it. Remember it almost 90F and I’m in boots so the long walk took its toll. I was glad to get a cart and slow down in the store. My feet are starting to remind me why I don’t wear these boots more often, thus are not the most comfortable pair I own. After shopping for 30 minutes or so it was time to quit and head back to the car. The trip was uneventful other than several of the store personnel that knew me greeting me warmly. Since I had purchases ice cream I headed directly home. I think I am going to extend the shaft on those boots a few inched and make them truly crotch high on me. All in all a fine couple of outings. :wave:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yo, TBG! Your remarkable fortitude when it comes to wearing thigh boots in this kind of hot weather continues to amaze me. I am suitably impressed! Me? I'm a coward, so I'll wait for fall when the weather cools before I wear mine! HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yo, TBG! Your remarkable fortitude when it comes to wearing thigh boots in this kind of hot weather continues to amaze me. I am suitably impressed! Me? I'm a coward, so I'll wait for fall when the weather cools before I wear mine! HA!

I can't take this hot weather. I did yard work today for a few hours and I feel wasted. So I too must take my hat off to you for wearing thighboots in this hot weather. But with the shorts or short skirts, and if you're pretty much used to wearing this in hot weather, i guess it would be bearable.

I went shopping at my normal Sam’s yesterday wearing a gray T-shirt, denim shorts with a 1” inseam, and black leather skin tight crotch high boots with 5” stilettos. I added a cushioned insole to these boots and that helped a bit but they are still not as comfortable as my normal Ellie boots. These boots put more of a strain on my calf muscles than any other 5” heels do and I can really tell that I have been wearing them for a good while after I take them off (I know, don’t take them off).

At Sam’s I was using a shopping cart as I normally do but I caught myself holding on to the cart with a white knuckle grip. As soon as I realized I was doing that I stopped, reset my posture and gripped the cart with two fingers on each hand. I shopped for about 20 minutes then headed for my car where I had to load my stuff into the car. This requires periodically kneeling in the car (with a black high heeled boot sticking out of the car) which I’m sure was a nice sight for the folks around me (I guess that depends on your taste as to whether it was a nice sight or not). I then returned the cart back to the cart corral so I had to walk without it for a while.

I then drove to a nearby Goodwill and walked in (cartless) just to browses a bit. I found a denim skort that was as short as the shorts I was wearing and on sale for $2. The best part is that it was a size 11 and it fit very nicely. This is the second 11 I have purchased so maybe I am loosing a bit of waist. I don’t trust skirt sizes any more than trust shoe sizes but two in a row may lend more hope to the waist size reduction. There was no doubt for who I was buying the skort for but the clerks knew me and were cool with my selection.

After I got home I did add a 3” extension to the top of the boots and now they are truly crotch high on me. I want to wear them to a concert in a few weeks so I will have to get a bit more practice with them before I take them out for a long evening.

JeffB Roniheels –

Thanks for the kind words. Any sane person would not wear thigh boots in this weather. With that obvious conclusion out of the way, I don’t find them too uncomfortable in an air-conditioned store but wearing them outside very long is a problem.

:wave:

In my last post I forgot to include a reaction I had gotten as I was walking into Sam’s. Most of the time, if I hear a comment, I acknowledge that I heard it but if I have to do a full about face I’m inclined to not bother, rather, I will look for a reflection in a glass window or door. As I was walking in, I heard a loud OMG from behind me and saw the reflection of a large white woman who was staring at me as she rolled herself out of the passenger side of a car. I didn’t say anything but the comments going through my head were more sympathetic of her condition than caustic retorts about my at least being able to wear heels. I’m sure anything I might have said would not have been well received. :wave::)

I went shopping after work wearing a long sleeved blue/white striped dress shirt, a short denim skort, off white hose, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The skort was the new size 11 I just purchased and I found that if I held my stomach in a bit the skirt really looks nice. Anyway when I saw my reflection I thought it looked very nice and it gave me more confidence than I normally have to the point that I felt like strutting my stuff. My first stop was Kroger’s grocery. I got out of the car and smoothed the skort into place and headed into the store. I did get a cart because I was going to get a couple of gallons of milk, not because I needed something to hang onto. I took my time wandering several isles before I headed to the register. I got a nice smile from the register clerk (young black female). As I was walking back to my car a guy rolled down his window to get a better look. He drove several car lengths in the parking lot without looking where he was going. After I got to my car and was putting stuff in the car, a lady drove by and rolled down her window and yelled, “I love your boots…I really do love your boots.” I called back a Thank You and finished loading my car. The next stop was PetsMart. The folks there expect me to be wearing boots so the stop was a non event but I did get another look at myself in the windows of the store front and decided I really liked the look of this outfit. I stopped and pumped a tank of gas at a self service, pay at the pump, station and I don't think anyone even noticed what I was wearing. I didn’t feel loke going home so I headed to a nearby GoodWill (the one where I had purchased the skort). I walked across the parking lot and into the store. The clerks recognized me and gave me a warm hello. I shopped around for a while and finally picked up two packages on hose. At the checkout I mentioned to the clerk that I was surprised how well this skort looked. She gave me a nice smile and agreed with me that it did look nice. I did have to head home after that but this evenings shopping has been one of the most enjoyable outings I have had in a long time. :wave:

I made a quick stop at PetsMart after work. I went shopping wearing a long sleeved blue/white striped dress shirt, a short denim skort, off white hose, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The stop was uneventful. I have really come to enjoy wearing the combination of a short skort, hose and thigh boots. It seams like a natural thing to wear and I am completely comfortable wearing it. Those two concepts feed each other to the point that I have to remind myself what I am wearing. :wave:

I had a fun day Sunday.

I needed to stop at a Walgreen's drug store and I chose one I rarely frequent. I went in wearing a white satin sleeveless top, short denim skort, off white hose and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. This is the same skort boots combination I have been enjoying for the past several weeks but adding the white top changed things. I have mentioned that I had not been comfortable wearing that top so I thought I'd give it another try because it does look nice. I walked in with all the confidence in the world but I noticed that the folks in the store were giving me a cooler reception than I have come to expect. I suspect that the white top was pushing things just a little too far so I may have to try it with other less challenging combinations like boots and jeans or maybe with a jacket. Although no one said a word, I just didn’t feel a comfortable as I'm accustomed to feeling.

The next stop was the same Remkey's market I visited in Thighbootguy 3 shopping trips. I changed the white top for a black, shiney, short sleeved, one that has a rope belt that I have worn many times before and I felt much more comfortable. I spent 30 minutes in the store picking out locally grown fruit and just enjoying myself. Many of the other shoppers were from an older, more conservative group and I got a couple of dour looks, but other than that I had a fine time. The register clerk (young white blond) was very bright and cheerful, which was a nice ending to the shopping trip.

Later Sunday afternoon I went over to the museum wearing a heavy T-shirt (with Gray Matter Software emblazoned all over it), denim Capri pants and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The temperature was in the mid 80sF but it was a bright sunny day so I went in the Museum's closest entrance. I found a painting I hadn’t paid too much attention to in the past and started to sketch the face of an old lady in the painting (it is much easier to draw a young face) . I spent a good while working on the sketch and had several folks stop by and comment on it. I wandered around a bit and ran into a friend (from the museum) and we chatted for a couple of minutes.

I headed out from the main Museum entrance and discovered there was a car show in the parking lot so I wandered over to look at the cars. One of the guys said, "Hey, I saw you drawing in the museum… but I wouldn't have recognized you if it wasn’t for your boots." Another kid commented that I had done a nice sketch in the museum. I guess seeing a guy wearing thigh boots is more memorable than I had thought. On the other hand, if some guy did something criminal and was wearing thigh boots, I might get the credit. Anyway, I walked around in the sun and enjoyed looking at the cars and talking to the owners.

Like I said, I had a fun Sunday.

:wave:

This has been a fine high heeled weekend. I started Friday night with an after work shopping trip at Sam’s. I went in wearing a long sleeved blue/white striped dress shirt, short denim short, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The shopping was uneventful but when I got to the register I notices the clerk (who knows me) was wearing slim jeans with the ankles rolled up in cuffs. I asked her if wearing cuffs was the current style and she said that these jeans were too short for her and that she had trouble finding jeans long enough so she just wore then with a long cuff. I told her I had the same problem but had come up with a different solution and indicated my short skort. She appreciated the humor and gave me a real laugh. On Saturday I baked a cake to take to the Big Music House concert that evening and decided to ice it with Crème Fraîche and fresh berries. Since I don’t normally stock a quart of whole cream, I headed back to Sam’s. This time I was wearing a gray T-shirt, denim shorts and wood soled sandals with a white leather front strap and 2” heels. The shoes are noisy but comfortable and a lot of fun. I might just be me paying too much attention, but I think I got more looks with those sandals than I get when I wearing my boots. The concert was at the venue I have written about before, a large living room with the performers right in front of you (I sat in the front row). Part of the evening is the pot luck food and the Buttermilk cake with the Crème Fraîche and fresh berries made a big hit, but I’m ahead of myself. I went to the concert wearing a blue/white long sleeveb dress shirt, tight jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. When I got to the home I drove right up to the entrance (rather than the parking area) so I could get the cake and bowls out of the car. I was greeted with a friendly Hello and, “Oh, your wore your fancy heels again.” I took my stuff in and took the car to the parking area. There was a different crowd at this concert than the normal gang and many of these folks had never seen me before. One lady, that I did not know, asked me where I was from and I told her, “Northern Kentucky… and nobody around there wears these either”, and indicated my boots. She laughed and asked me where I had found them. I said I found them on-line and I just liked the style and thought why not. She seemed delighted with that answer and we chatted for a few more minutes. A few minutes later she came up to me and said, “Your boots are the talk of the evening. Someone asked me about them and I told them you just liked the style.” A few minutes later a lady about my age said, “I just love your boots.” I thanked her and she went on to talk to some other folks. Another lady I did know was with a group and said, “We were just talking about your boots. We think they’re great.” The music and food were great and I had a lot of fun at the gathering. Sunday I went to the museum wearing a knit shirt, tight jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. There is a drawing group I meet with a couple times a month so I went looking for them. It turned out I was the only one that showed up this time so the instructor (young lady, cute as a button) and I drew for a while and chatted about upcoming concerts in the area. On the way home from the museum, I stopped in PetsMart for some cat food and at Sam’s for some Yogurt and to fill up the gas tank. I checked the engine oil while I was at it. It has just occurred to me that I have been out in public for two days wearing thigh boots and the people I have been with have never seen me wearing anything else. :wave:

First, thanks to JMC for cleaning up this thread. Things had gone a little astray. I went shopping after work Monday and Wednesday, both days I wore a long sleeved dress shirt, hose, a short denim skirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. Monday was a quick uneventful stop at PetsMart for some cat food. Wednesday I added a wide leather belt to the skirt, which improved the overall look considerably, and then I stopped at Wallmart and spent 45 min wandering around looking at stuff and selecting my items. The only look I noticed was from one guy (in a group of four late teens, white) that bothered to turn his head and get a second look. Other than that, I got one nice smile from a lady. No one seemed to even notice what I was wearing. After Wallmart I drove to a Kroger drug store to get a prescription. The folks there had seem me before but I’m not sure the sales clerk that waited on me had seen me. He didn’t bat an eye and he rang up the sale. Next I went to a Kroger liquor store that I had never been in before. I found a Canadian whiskey on the bottom shelf (and used care when picking it up ie. bent my knees when picking it up rather than bending over). No one seemed to even notice what I was wearing, and that included the security guard. (Of course they noticed, but they gave no adverse reaction. They treated me like any other customer.) Several things are surprising me, first, how little reaction I get when dressed like this in public, and second, how much I enjoy being dressed like this in public. I was really looking forward to the end of the work day when I could change clothes and wear boots, hose and a skirt or skort. I do wear knee high boots with 2”-3” heels under my slacks at work almost every day so the heels aren’t the driving attraction. The combination of hose and thigh boots seems to be the thing that gets me going. Ah, what an interesting life wearing thigh boots offers. :wave:

Congratulations again on another successful outing. It is amazing once some people see you in high heels and matching attire how many don't even give you a second glance. It's just business as usual. And that's always encouraging.

This has been a fun but uneventful weekend. I don’t know what slowed me down but I slept most of Saturday. I did manage to go to WallMart wearing a gray T-shirt, white hose, a short denim shirt with a soft leather belt that matches the T-shirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I parked at the far end of the parking lot for the opportunity to walk around a bit. I spent about 30 minutes in the store getting my stuff and just walking around. I got a couple of looks but that is to be expected. I asked the register clerk (young white female) if my outfit worked together and she gave it a second look and said it looked nice. After the walk back to the car I went home and crashed.

Sunday I wasn’t much more awake but I went out wearing the same outfit. I stopped at WallGreens pharmacy and PetsMart then headed for a nearby GoodWill. I spent a long time in the GoodWill just shopping around but didn’t see anything I wanted. I then stopped at a roadside farmers stand and bought some fresh corn. The lady running the stand didn’t seem concerned at what I was wearing like guys in skirts and boots stopped by all the time.

I then headed for my favorite thrift emporium. I wandered around a bit and got an “I like your boots” from a lady. Those are always nice. I found two black camisole tops that will be fun to wear as an undershirt. Wearing then as a top is pushing my envelope a little farther than I ready for, but they do look good and feel great.

The time I have been awake at home I have been wearing knee high boots with 3” block heels and watching TV.

Like I said a fun but uneventful weekend.

roniheels - Thanks for the kind words and "business as usual" is fun

:).

I continue to be highly impressed with your outings, TBG. The weather here continues to be too icky hot to even THINK about wearing thigh boots. More power to you, my friend. I'll patiently wait until September or October to break mine out!

JeffB -

Always good to hear from you. The real issue with thigh boots in warm weather is the humidity, really hot weather is another issue. Fortunately, we had a break in the humidity this weekend and the temps were in the upper 80s low 90s, which made going out rather nice. If the temperature is in the mid 90s and you're out in the sun with black boots, then it really is too hot to wear boots. DawnHH's advice on wearing hose with boots in warm weather seems to be working for me. Contrary to popular wisdom, the hose do wick the perspiration and provide an even cooling when it evaporates. The short skirt also helped me to keep comfortable.

There are just a few more weeks until September so we will all be looking forward to your jaunts when it is time for you to "break mine out!" I was also wondering if you have gotten your 5" thigh boots? :)

JeffB -

Always good to hear from you. The real issue with thigh boots in warm weather is the humidity, really hot weather is another issue.

Well, we've had both here this summer which is already on record as the hottest in a generation, what with temps regularly in the low 90's, sometimes near triple digits, PLUS the humidity which makes things feel even worse. And we still have the rest of August to endure before things finally cool down a little. I'm certainly looking forward to that.

DawnHH's advice on wearing hose with boots in warm weather seems to be working for me. Contrary to popular wisdom, the hose do wick the perspiration and provide an even cooling when it evaporates. The short skirt also helped me to keep comfortable.

I'm glad Dawn's advice has worked well for you. And yes, I imagine that short skirts probably do help in the the cooling department. Heh!

There are just a few more weeks until September so we will all be looking forward to your jaunts when it is time for you to "break mine out!" I was also wondering if you have gotten your 5" thigh boots? :)

Not yet, but I'll be placing my order in the next couple of weeks. Should be mighty interesting, especially since I've yet to wear five inchers on a regular basis.

It takes total commitment to wear heels in public. I still feel a little embarrassed just purchasing a size 41 at Aldo. I fantasize about stepping out but don't have the guts. Maybe I would if I was attending a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show or going out for a drive in the car.

Chrisboots –

Welcome to the forum!

It is all a mind game that you can win. The hard part is convincing yourself that no one really cares what you have on your feet. After that it is a simple matter of presenting a self confident image (which is easier if you really are confident) because if you present that image, people will believe it and take you as you are. If you don’t show confidence, people will take advantage of that sigh of weakness. Once you show confidence a couple of times it is much easier because you will be confident.

Going out in a car is a good way to start but that first step out of the car will take all your resolve. Several members have reported that it took 10 minutes or more to take that first step. Try it a couple of times and you don’t have to go too far from your car. Soon you will realize no one cares.

Enjoy your heels.

I had to get a blood test (cholesterol not drugs) this afternoon at a local hospital. The temperature was close to 90 but I still wore a gray T-shirt, denim Capri pants, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. Nobody batted an eye as I walked in from the parking lot and I’m not sure the receptionist saw my boots at all. She directed me to the admissions waiting area. A few minutes later the admission clerk (white female 50s) came out and called my name. We walked back to her desk where I recited phone numbers and insurance numbers and doctors names… When we were done and I was standing up she asked if it was still hot outside. I said it was but these (and indicated my boots) were comfortable in this weather. She really hadn’t noticed what I was wearing, but when she really saw my boots she let out a delighted “Oh, my!” The lab crew didn’t care what I was wearing so long as they could fine an artery. After the hospital I went on to Sam’s and did some shopping. I chatted with a few folks and again, no one seemed to care that I was wearing boots with stiletto heels. It may also be that they, like the admissions clerk, didn’t really notice. It was a nice afternoon out in boots. :)

Today was a day to relax after a very busy week at work. We did a major system upgrade and spent many long hours at the desk, although I did spend them in knee high boots with 3½” block heels so it wasn’t a total loss.

I decided to go to the movies so I pulled on ivory hose, a grey T-shirt, a short denim skirt with a wide gray soft leather belt, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels.

I parked at the theater, walked across the parking lot, and got into line for my ticket. Two ladies gave me a down and up glance and then gave me a bit of a scowl. I don’t think they approved… . In the auditorium I got my favorite seat, right in the middle. After I sat down, I don’t think anyone noticed what I was wearing. The movie was, “The last Air Bender” and it was Ok but not as good as its’ trailers. After the movie I walked back out to the lobby and on to my car.

I then headed to a Sam’s for a bit of shopping. I wandered around getting my stuff and just enjoying being out. As I was leaving the lady at the door checking receipts, looked down and recognized me and commented that I hadn’t been in for a while. She really did recognize me by my boots.

I headed over to the Remke’s market I visited in the Three Shopping Trips video and wandered around there for a while and finally headed for the Home Depot that is also in the video.

On the way home I stopped and pumped a tank of gas at a pay at the pump station.

All in all about five hours out and about.

:)

Guys - thanks for the kind comments. I have to admit, getting YouTubed bothered me a bit even though I do have a whole collection of Thighbootguy videos posted on Youtube. I'm still trying to figure out what bugged me so much. I think it was that someone else posted it with the idea of "Look what I caught" (my reading) but it might have been getting publicly labeled as a Crossdresser. That’s an accurate description but I had never thought to apply it to me before. After looking at it a couple of times I realized, yeah that’s what I look like and it really isn’t a big deal. ie. I should get over it. To help get over it, I went shopping. I needed to pick up a prescription so I pulled on a maroon T-shirt, denim Capri pants and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I parked as far from the pharmacy as I could and enjoyed the walk in and back. In the store I got a couple of glances. I still wanted to be out for a little longer so I headed over to my favorite thrift emporium. Again I parked where I would have a nice walk. In the store I got an "Oooo, I like those boots" from an older black lady and I thanked her for her complement. I found a pair of heavy dark brown leather slacks from the Gap for $8 and although its far too warm to wear them now, it will cool off soon enough. I also found a short brown leather suede skirt with an attached belt for $3. The great part is it is a size 11 and it fits (ok it’s a little snug but…)! A middle aged black lady was commenting to her female friend that she wanted a skirt that covered her knees. I joked that if she wanted to keep her knees warm she should get a pair of these and indicated my boots. I received a very nice complement about how nice they looked. On the way home, I stopped in a gas station that has mostly laborers as clientele. I wasn’t too sure how I would be treated but no one seemed to care (and no one had cell phones with cameras). The pump didn't give me a receipt, so I walked into the store and asked for one. Most of the time I just pay at the pump without going into the store but I figured why not. I don't think anyone even really noticed what I was wearing… go figure. Anyway, it was a nice outing. :)

I would think that the only negative to take from that video would be the posters lack of competency at posting a video. If the poster had taken more than 2 seconds to rotate the video to a normal viewing angle then one wouldn't get neck cramps from watching it. Just like anything if you don't take care to put the effort in to what you're doing it will just come off as poor quality. But if you take a few minutes and focus on your idea, a recurring theme here with putting together your outfits and wardrobe TBG, then you pass as someone with their own style. Sorry for the pseudo rant. Bottom line the video taker = poor effort in trying to diss someone due to ignorance TBG showing off personal style = good work and keep it up, Kudos

I have to admit, getting YouTubed bothered me a bit even though I do have a whole collection of Thighbootguy videos posted on Youtube. I'm still trying to figure out what bugged me so much. I think it was that someone else posted it with the idea of "Look what I caught" (my reading) but it might have been getting publicly labeled as a Crossdresser. That’s an accurate description but I had never thought to apply it to me before. After looking at it a couple of times I realized, yeah that’s what I look like and it really isn’t a big deal. ie. I should get over it.

Well, I suppose it's simply a natural reaction to feel as though you were improperly identified, and perhaps that's why you were left perturbed. I have no doubt that when people see me out and about in a skirt and heels, "crossdresser" is the first thought that pops into their minds. If that's what they want to think, so be it. To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't been captured on video by some amateur with a cellphone and wound up on YouTube, but then, I suppose it's only a matter of time.

Thanks for your comments on the the clip of you being posted on "Youtube." While I can relate to your being a bit unsettled at being photographed and the clip posted without your knowledge, it would seem that that sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later (think back to when xaphod and a couple of other members were photographed while touring one of the museums in London during a break at a World Heelmeet, a couple of years back). I believe any of us that wear our heels in public would expect it to occur sooner or later. One thing about Youtube I think everyone should keep in mind is that there are thousands of clips on so many different subjects that people have posted there, that someone really has to search long and hard to find a specific clip. The chance that a friend, co-worker or someone that is well acquainted with you "haphazardly" stumbling across that clip, is minimal. Besides, the clip is really so short and off center that it is difficult to recognize the person photographed. Had it not been for the fact that those of us that are members here are familiar with your previously posted videos, I doubt that any of your acquaintances would be able to positively identify you (not that I believe you are really overly concerned about being positively identified since you've never really kept your alternative dress habits a secret). In fact, I really with JeffB when he pointed out that his surprise that more of us that regularly wear our high heels in public haven't been captured and our images posted on Youtube before now. In any event, since our membership has become so large (over 9,000 and grownig), I am sure that any video clips that appear will quickly be brought to our attention.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136 -

"think back to when xaphod and a couple of other members were photographed while touring one of the museums in London during a break at a World Heelmeet, a couple of years back"

I remember seeing that clip... I thought they were responsible for that clip. :)