Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I headed back home and curled in my favorite chair to watch the NFL playoffs (and that is JeffB's influence :silly:).

Oh, sure! Blame me for that! HA! Meanwhile, sounds like you had a great time on your latest outing! Bravo!

JeffB - I think the skirt and boots works for me because of the black opaque leggings. I'm not as comfortable with just hose.

Hmm! Perhaps I'll give that a try myself! Thanks for the ideas!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

FreshinHeels – CD is often an abbreviation for Cross Dressing which in the sentence's context creates an interesting mental image. "I found a couple of CDs I was interested in." Not being a member of the gay community, the comment attempted to reflect my odd sense of humor.

The format of the avatar is an animated gif. The challenge is to make the image meet the sites requirements for size which are: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 150 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). I had to reduce the image to 6 colors to get under the 20K restriction.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I don't think I mentioned a recent trip to the dentist. The office is in the town where I work so I wasn't inclined to do something too outrageous. I went to the dentist wearing slacks, a long sleeved dress shirt, and black pull on leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. That was the second time I had gone in wearing thigh boots, all the other times I wore knee high boots over my slacks. I had to go back yesterday to let him finish his work and I wore the same outfit. Neither time did he nor the assistant even mention my choice of footwear. There were no other clients in the office. After the dentist I saw a fingernail salon two doors away from the dentist. I have very weak nails and they provide a constant frustration when I play guitar. I decided to give an acrylic nail a try. I walked in and explained that I wanted an acrylic nail on only three fingers. The only comment I got was, "Oh, you play guitar." Seems like they had done this before. The gal, for whom English was not her first language, was very nice. I told her I was probably her only customer that didn't care what the nail looked like, but it was her craft and she did an excellent job. No one mentioned my footwear or even seemed to think it was out of the ordinary (at least for a guitar player). I went home and played for two hours on the classical guitar and this morning for an hour on the steel string instrument and it felt great! I am so used to being very careful whenever I do anything that will tear up a nail like zipping a zipper, opening a can of cat food or beer, anything that would get them wet… the new found freedom is a relief, now all I have to do is get used to the nail when I'm typing. So far, I love them. If anyone had thought about having their nails done, I recommend the experience. :silly:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have been absolutely delighted with my new nails! Having the freedom to use my hands without having to worry about breaking a nail and then not being able to play guitar is great. After work Friday, I pulled on my thigh boots and went back to the nail salon to get one on my thumb. I now have a built on set of fingerpicks. This time there were several ladies in the shop having their nails done but no one seemed to give my boots a second look. I guess they figured if a guy was getting his nails done, he might as well be wearing heels. I was wearing a long sleeved dress shirt over a sleeveless black turtleneck but after leaving the hail salon I took off the shirt and pulled on a pair of shoulder length black leather gloves. When I got to Sam’s I put a black leather jacket on so must of the gloves were hidden. I did my Sam’s shopping, stopped for gas, and cat food, then headed to the local, Goodwill. At the Goodwill I found a couple of knit turtleneck tops and a long sleeved black thin T-shirt. I walked out $7 poorer but with some nice stuff. In the Goodwill I saw a young black gal wearing tight jeans over black booties with 5” stiletto heels. The shoes had a hidden platform but they still looked very nice. Based on the way she walked, I think this was her first time wearing them. :silly: I didn’t have a chance to complement her. I’m still working on ideas for wearing long gloves exposed in public. Any ideas are welcome. :unsure:

I just hit a shopping bonanza! I headed out to the Florence Sam’s (they cary some items the other store doesn’t carry) wearing black leggings, one of my new light brown knit turtleneck tops, a brown suede skirt , black leather pull on thigh boot with 4” stilettos. On the way, since one of my Sam’s items was frozen, I decided to do my shopping in reverse order and get the frozen stuff last. My first stop was the Florence Goodwill. The place was packed and there were a good number of folks that weren’t used to seeing a guy in a skirt and boots. The sale of the day was everything was 50% off so I started looking around. I found a grey knit top that I kind of liked that had a metallic thread woven into the material and two extra pieces of material on the front that closes like a sweater with a single button. It’s a little dressier than I normally wear but I got it anyway. Next I found a black suede skirt in a 14 that comes below the knee. When I walked passed the shoe rack I spotted a pair of tall ankle boots in a 12 that have a 4” block heel. I tried them on and was delighted with the fit. Remember I’m wearing thigh boots and a short skirt so trying on boots is an adventure. As I was heading to the register I spotted a pair of black suede pants with the zipper in the back in a size 12. I really don’t pay too much attention to the size in the garment; rather I look at the waste in comparison to the hanger. All the hangers are the same size so it is a good quick reference. The size 12 pants and the size 14 skirt were physically the same size. In the checkout line I was chatting with the lady in front of me. She was also happy with her finds. She showed me a pair of black leather 5 pocket pants and said, “Where else would I find there?” I just held up the pants and skirt I had and smiled. She noticed my boots and asked, “Did you ride in?” “No I didn’t, not with these” and I turned my foot so she could see the heel. “Oh… How do you walk in those?” “Well I wear them a lot and I get a lot of practice.” “I just can’t walk in them any more… I used to… but I cant now.” We bid each other a good day. The register clerk was a nice young lady but as soon as I got to the register she was replaced by a dower old guy that would rather not wait on a guy in a skirt. Before she left though, I asked her if the top would go with the skirt. She held them up together and said, “Yeah, they will look nice together.” When I got out to the parking lot I changed into my new outfit! I put on the leather slacks, the tall ankle boots and the grey knit top and headed for WallMart. This outfit got a little attention as I walked in from the parking lot. There were a couple of gawkers. I grabbed a cart and did my shopping which required going all over the store and a couple of heads turned there also. When I got back to my car I changed the slacks for the knee length skirt and the ankle boots for my thigh boots and headed to Sam’s. I had to park in the back corner of the parking lot and trek my way to the store. The day was warm enough that I was not wearing a jacket. In the store I wandered around and got my stuff without incident and headed to the register. I got into the line of a clerk I knew and she brightened up when I got to the register. After she rang up my stuff I asked her if the top was too much. (Like I said, it is a little dressier than I normally wear.) She brightened up even more and said, “It looks nice.” “Really?” “Yeah it looks real nice.” With my frozen food and some great new clothed, I headed home. This was a fun outing especially since I came out of the Goodwill for under $20. :silly:

Kudos to you and your recent outing. It is amazing these days how many nice items of clothing you can find in thrift stores. Two weeks ago I found a pair of women's jeans that looked brand new that fit me like a glove. And I wish I had a dollar for every time a woman has said to me while I'm wearing high heels, "...those are pretty, but I could never or can't anymore, wear heels that high." Thanks for another great post.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a little busy with the Superbowl and all and neglected to post about the weekend’s outings, so here it goes. Friday after work I just needed to stop at Sam’s. I decided to wear my new black suede slacks, black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos, a pull over brown sweater, and a black leather jacket. I stopped for gas and as I was getting out of the car, the back zipper in the slacks let go. The ruined the idea of wearing the pants. Fortunately I was wearing off white hose so I switched the black suede slacks for a short black leather skirt. It was a little cool for this outfit but I wasn’t going to be outside very long. The contrast of the black boots, white hose and black skirt are an eye catcher and it did catch a few. As I was shopping I was surprised when two older black ladies gave me a look that could be described as “the evil eye”. They really didn’t approve but were polite enough to not say anything. Another lady nudged her husband, who was busy solving the problems of the world (or something like that) and said, “Look George.” Being a typical husband with things on his mind he didn’t pay much attention to the nudge and replied, “What?” “Over there.” And she turned him in my direction. “Oh.” I made sure I nodded a good evening to them as I walked by. After Sams I made an uneventful stop at the nearby goodwill and found a long sleeved red T-shirt with an open neck. I’m not sure what happened to Saturday. I think I slept through most of it. Sunday was a museum day. I headed over wearing jeans, a pull over sweater over the red T-shirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The T-shirt sweater combination was warm enough that I didn’t need a coat in the 40F weather. The folks at the front desk greeted me warmly and directed me to gallery where the drawing group was meeting. I was early so I got a stool and selected a figure in a painting and started sketching. Several people started showing up for the group and asked me if I was leading it. I said I wasn’t and that the instructor should be here in a few minutes. Imagine what these first time folks thought when they thought a guy in high heeled thigh boots was their instructor. Anyway, the instructor showed up and said the front desk had the wrong gallery and we were meeting on the other side of the museum. I told her I’d be over when I finished what I was working on. As I was working, one of the guards, who was an older Russian lady stopped by to chat. Seems I had picked her favorite painting in the museum. She said she had known this painting for over 50 years and pointes out a lot of stuff that I found really interesting. She also said, “Oh your still wearing your boots. Do you wear them often?” “As much as I can.” Then she told me that if I liked heels that was great. She couldn’t wear them while she was working. Here she had to wear pants (part of the uniform) but she would really rather not. (I didn’t say that I didn’t like wearing them either.) She said people should be able to dress the way they want. The conversation then drifted off to a couple of other paintings. I came bak and finished my sketch and wandered over to the group. As I was sketching a docent came through with a group and was having a great time showing the folks really interesting stuff in some of the paintings. When he got to one of my favorites I wandered over to his group. He was pointing out some of the tiny details in the painting. When he finished I said, “Look at the birds… they have eyes.” He was almost giddy with delight that he had found something new in the painting. It didn’t seem to bother him or anyone in the group that a guy in heels had pointed it out. After the museum I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium. I found a couple of camisoles and was heading to the register when I say a very attractive young lady made up to the 9s and wearing a pair of black leather knee high flat heeled boots with a turned down cuff and back zipper. She was with two older folks who, just guessing, were her aunt and uncle. I said, “Excuse me that that is a gorgeous pair of boots, could you tell me where you got them?” She have me a big smile and said, “I found them at Young Gal Fashions (or something like that) … I like your boots too.” “Why thank you” but I had a puzzled look on my face because I didn’t recognize the store name. Her aunt, seeing my confusion, said, “Oh she is from San Francisco” “Ah… Well have a good day.” We exchanged smiles and I headed off to the register. I headed home and, because of JeffB’s influence, watched the Superbowl. It is always nice to end an outing with a “nice boots” comment. :silly:

I stopped at the local Goodwill after work this evening. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, just seeing what was on the racks. I was wearing my work slacks, a dark brown pull over turtleneck sweater and a black leather jacket. My footwear was a pair of knee high black leather boots with 2” block heels. I tried on a couple of pair of boots that turned out to be way too small but it was wishful thinking that my eye might be wrong and that they might fit. I then spotted two red leather skirts, one was knee length suede, the other was short smooth leather. Both were labeled size 14. My eye said this was wrong but I took both of them to the fitting room. The short skirt was a size 10 at most but the other one fit nicely. A nice thing about being a regular customer is that the staff knows I am buying stuff for myself and are generally very helpful. The lady running the register greeted me like a long lost friend. I told her I was glad I finally found one in red. She said, “That is a nice skirt but it’s too cold to wear it.” The temperature was about 25F (-4C) but I said, “Oh it’s not that cold.” We both laughed and I bid her a good evening. I stopped in a expressway rest area on the way home and changed my slacks for the red skirt. I was also wearing black hose and I kept on the knee high boots rather than my thigh high pair. I stopped in PetsMart for some cat food. If there was any doubt in anyone’s mind, a red skirt is an attention getting device, let me dispel that notion. The staff in the store is no longer surprised by what I wear but the other customers weren’t quite ready for a guy in a red leather skirt and black boots. I got several looks but nary a comment. Again I was surprised at how comfortable I was presenting that image. :silly:

Friday I did my normal after work shopping for cat food and people stuff. At work I was wearing jeans, a pull over bulky black sweater and blue leather knee high boots under my jeans. After work I rezipped my boots over my jeans and stopped in the local Goodwill where I found a black faux leather long sleeved blouse. I tried it on and thought it had possibilities. I stopped in an expressway rest area and traded the sweater for the new top, the jeans for a short black leather skirt, and the knee high boots for my black leather thigh high bots with 4” stilettos. I was wearing white hose which gave a bit of a greak to the all black leather look. The sun was still up and the temperature was in the mid 30sF so I was comfortable without a coat. My first stop was at a self service gas station. I started to fill the tank and realized the sun had gone down and it had gotten 10F degrees colder so I pulled on a black leather jacket. My next stop was Sam’s. A couple of heads turned but that was it. The gal selling Dish Network contracts made a real effort at making a sale in spite of how I was dressed but I wasn’t interested. At the register the clerk, who I have spoken with several times before, greeted me by my first name without seeing my membership card so I guess I have made an impression. The next stop was PetsMart where I was treated like a long lost regular customer. The last stop was the nearby Goodwill. As I walked past the fitting rooms, a guy who was heading into a room said, “Jea's are you for real?” “Yep.” Me shook his head and muttered “Sweet Marie” as he headed into the room. I haden’t heard that expletive for a long time. I found a couple of Bloom County books to add to my collection. At the register the clerk (young blond white gal) who was new made a mistake in my change and had to call a manager. While we were waiting I asked her if the top worked with the rest of the outfit. She said, “Oh yeah it works well. You walk much better in heels than I do. I have a terrible time with heels.” About that time the manager showed up and opened the register. I went on to tell the gal the correct way to make change rather than relying on the register to compute it for her. We bid each other a good evening. All in all a fun shopping trip. :silly:

Saturday night was a concert night. The http://www.gcparts.org/index.htm'> Greater Cincinnati Performing Arts Society put on a an evening with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkIDlvCy19E'> Ruthie Foster and she put on a great show. The opening act was my friend http://www.lisabiales.com/ '>Lisa Biales who also put on a great show.

I went to the concert wearing a cream ribbed turtleneck, jeans, a black leather jacket, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos.

Before the concert I stopped at Kroger’s (large grocery) to pick up some flowers for Lisa. I was going to give them to her at the end of her set as they do in classical performances, but I saw her before the show and gave them to her then. But, I’m ahead of my self.

When I got to the venue, I walked in and headed for the on-call ticket booth. The gal there got my ticket (without asking me for my name), and commented that she had missed seeing me at the last concert. Then two of the ushers and both of the concert managers greeted me and commented that they had missed me at the last show. I am a “regular” at the concerts, but so are a lot of folks. I think they missed “the guy in boots”.

Lisa came out to the lobby to set up her table (all the artists sell CDs) and I gave her the flowers and helped her set things up. I then got in line for seating and chatted with the folks in line.

In the auditorium, several of the other “regulars” also greeted me and commented on missing me at the last concert. I really had no idea that my absence would be noticed.

After Lisa’s set I headed back out to the lobby and noticed a couple of ladies wearing some rather nice tall boots, one was OTK but I still had on the tallest pair. :silly: I went back into the auditorium and chatted with the folks sitting around me. Seems they were all Ruthie Foster fans. There was not one question or comment about my footwear.

As I said, both performers put on great shows and the place was really hopping by the end of the evening. I didn’t have time to hang around after the show so I bid Lisa and her husband a quick goodnight and headed home.

Outside the temperature had dropped into the upper 20F so I was glad I had my boots on just for the warmth. They really have become just another pair of shoes.

:unsure:

After work tonight I stopped in the local Goodwill that was having a 50% off clothing sale. I only had $2 cash on me, but I walked out with a black suede knee length skirt with a nicely scalloped hem and some nice accenting embroiderer on the hem. I wore the skirt, a pair of black leather thigh length boots with 4” stilettos and a light gray stretch knit ribbed long sleeved turtleneck when I went shopping at Sam’s. The shopping was a non event. The staff is quite used to seeing me and the other shoppers didn’t seem to care. After Sam’s I went to a Kroger super store to pick up a prescription. As I walked in, I passed a kid who had obviously been taught that what I was wearing was wrong bad it was fun to watch him trying to juggle what he had been taught with seeing a guy wearing a skirt and boots with heels with all the confidence in the word. He really looked perplexed. In the store I got a couple of looks (not necessarily approving) from the pharmacy staff, but no one said a word. I then went to the near by liquor store for my monthly allotment of scotch. One of the clerks let out a low long sigh that was a sign of disapproval, but I bid him a good evening and he returned the greeting. At the checkout, a different clerk seemed all too happy to take my money and she bid me a good evening. I’m still not sure why the skirt thing is so much fun, but I’m not going to worry about it too much either. The important part of the evening was replenishing mu supply of scotch, and the fun part was doing it in a skirt and boots with heels. :silly:

Bravo on your latest adventure, TBG! Sounds like you had a good time. I'm gonna have to check out Goodwill sometime in the future and see what I can find there in the way of skirts. Speaking of which, I haven't been out in a skirt and boots in ages, I'm gonna have to correct that oversight soon. As for why skirts and boots are so much fun, I have no concrete idea on why, it just is, nothing more, nothing less. Regarding people you come across who are....nonplussed or displeased with what they see, it's all part of the old stereotype drummed into their heads since they were young that men who wear women's clothing is weird or strange. I'm sure you don't need me to say this, but don't worry about it. Just keep on going out and having fun!

A big congrats to you chaps that can do thigh boots and skirts. I have always been inteested in thethigh boots but I don't know that I would ever wear them out? I dress corporatey - skirt suits etc, and I do have the confidence to publicly pair up super high heels and very short skirts but I just don't know that I could change a pair of high heeled pumps for a thigh high boot? Could it be because I'm just used to having bare legs? I have thought about it and I would need to evolve what I wear to suit such boots, I know I can't wear them with my suits, and fitted skirts. The difference for me would be that my leg would be covered to the upper thigh, I'm also not sure that I'd necessarily like that as bare legs is one of the things I find enjoyable about my choice of style. Don't your feet and legs get really hot with thigh boots? Can you still move around freely, eg bend you knees, sit cross legged? I guess it comes back to what you are comfortable with. I am used to what I wear and my confidence exists in that realm. Maybe thigh high boots are for me what starting wearing heels are for some others? We are all at different stages in our evolution of style. So I've never committed to investing in a nice pair of thigh high boots because I have been worried I'll never wear them. Good on you folks that do, and well done! I'll stay sitting on the fence at the moment. rgds Heel-Lover

Heel-Lover –

Thanks for the interesting post. You may find it curious that I am uncomfortable presenting myself in pumps. I find that thigh boots with stilettos heels makes such a strong statement of non conformity that whatever else I wear with them doesn’t matter. The boots steal the show and that lets me wear anything else I want.

As for being comfortable, I wear leather thigh boots all year round. I only find them too warm when the temperatures are above the mid 80F (27C). As for freedom of leg movement, I do not find my boots restrictive at all. Mine are mot tight around the knee so sitting and crossing my legs is not a problem. My crotch high boots are very tight on the upper leg and knee but even with those boots on, sitting is not a problem. My boots were made in China and their cost was under $100 USD so having a go with a pair isn’t too expensive.

You have After Dark Fashions down your way that has a nice selection of leather boots from China, France, and Germany.

I think thigh boots look great with jeans or a short skirt but I see no reason they wouldn’t work with a more conservative business suit. It is all about how you want to present your legs. You might try starting with a pair of opaque black legging and see how that works for you. They do make conservative looking thigh boots and I am suggesting black leather boots rather than a colored leather or shinny paten.

Try a pair, it’s a lot of fun.

How interesting! Heel-Lover is uncomfortable in thigh boots and TBG is uncomfortable in pumps. Meanwhile, I enjoy wearing both! HA! While I enjoy showing off my legs, I can't resist the temptation of thigh boots, and I've been wearing mine more and more lately. There's a certain sultry style to such boots that's positively delicious, whether paired with tight jeans or a short skirt, and I should know as I've done both. I would agree with TBG that thigh boots are worth a try. You might like them!

... I have always been interested in the thigh boots but I don't know that I would ever wear them out?

I dress corporately - skirt suits etc, and I do have the confidence to publicly pair up super high heels and very short skirts but I just don't know that I could change a pair of high heeled pumps for a thigh high boot?

Could it be because I'm just used to having bare legs? I have thought about it and I would need to evolve what I wear to suit such boots, I know I can't wear them with my suits, and fitted skirts. ...

I'll stay sitting on the fence at the moment.

rgds

Heel-Lover

Heel-Lover – ... I think thigh boots look great with jeans or a short skirt but I see no reason they wouldn’t work with a more conservative business suit. It is all about how you want to present your legs. You might try starting with a pair of opaque black legging and see how that works for you. They do make conservative looking thigh boots and I am suggesting black leather boots rather than a colored leather or shinny paten.

Try a pair, it’s a lot of fun.

How interesting! Heel-Lover is uncomfortable in thigh boots and TBG is uncomfortable in pumps. Meanwhile, I enjoy wearing both! HA!

While I enjoy showing off my legs, I can't resist the temptation of thigh boots, and I've been wearing mine more and more lately. There's a certain sultry style to such boots that's positively delicious, whether paired with tight jeans or a short skirt, and I should know as I've done both. I would agree with TBG that thigh boots are worth a try. You might like them!

An interesting set of exchanges and, as implied, much scope for some 'cross dressing' experiments by two of the three contributors.

Heel-Lover might consider wearing thigh boots with a slightly longer pencil skirt with a back slit (perhaps in denim). I've seen that on women sometimes and it can look very smart (indeed, quite formal) - with the observer wondering just how high the boots are under the skirt, tantalising clues being visible through the slit. And, as TBG suggests, it might work similarly with a formal business suit too.

I also suggest that H-L would likely find thigh boots more comfortable than a skirt and bare legs if he is indeed determined to 'stay sitting on the fence' - with less risk from splinters too!

To all:

I love all the talk and photos!

I was always a pump kind of guy - but I have really developed a love for boots this year!

I owna Harley and have benn riding all my life! Attached is a photo om in my typical riding wear. The boots are once and a while near home. I love the over the new look and feel - they are folded down in the pictures. I love to put my foot down at a light and see the reaction from people in cars.

Hope you like :silly:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/New%20Boots/BikerinBoots1-1-2.jpg

Bernheels

How interesting! Heel-Lover is uncomfortable in thigh boots and TBG is uncomfortable in pumps. Meanwhile, I enjoy wearing both! HA!

While I enjoy showing off my legs, I can't resist the temptation of thigh boots, and I've been wearing mine more and more lately. There's a certain sultry style to such boots that's positively delicious, whether paired with tight jeans or a short skirt, and I should know as I've done both. I would agree with TBG that thigh boots are worth a try. You might like them!

Jeff, I couldn't agree with you more. I wear pumps most of the time but I love wearing thighboots because, not only for fashion sense, they make my legs feel so good. Everyone who wears high heels on a regular basis should at least try on a pair of thighboots.

I also suggest that H-L would likely find thigh boots more comfortable than a skirt and bare legs if he is indeed determined to 'stay sitting on the fence' - with less risk from splinters too!

Well said!

Actually I've spent that long in short skirt I can cheekliy say I can handle any such situation. Bring it on!

Still not convinced about thigh boots.....

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I think I'll have to break out the knee boots, dust them off and try them again. Might be agood intermediary step, as I just don't wear any boots other than a pair of black lace peep toed stiletto booties/ pumps that finish below my ankles.. they're very sheer looking (hardly even an ankle boot - more like half pump/ half bootie). I haven't put a boot on for 4 years. Heel-Lover

I actually was going to recommend a pair of knee high boots with a longer skirt (or jeans) but I thought as long as I’m selling my point of view, go for broke and recommend thigh boots. I do appreciate that for someone who hasn’t worn boots for a long time (4 years is a long time) jumping into a pair of thigh boots might seem like a big step. But I still recommend going for it. You only get one ride on this merry-go-round so make the most of it. But whatever the height, enjoy your heels.

Hey Steve, Have you not seen those twirley things you bought when you were a kid. That's my brain when I wear high heels - feels so goooooooooooood! Love your comments as always! Do you have any new experiences to share? Bern

Hello, I live in a small town in southern Brazil, recently started going out on the street in high heels, I love women's boots. I recently went to a supermarket and was wearing a jeans, shirt and a boot-cut long jump and 3 inches above the jeans, everything was very calm, people look at me but did not say anything when I was in the checkout line, a boy slowly reached behind me and turned into a glass of Coke into my boots, I was very sad, some people laughed, I abandoned my shopping and went home to wash myself, I was very sad about this episode but was the only one, have gone daily with my boots and I love them. Rogerio

To all:

I love all the talk and photos!

I was always a pump kind of guy - but I have really developed a love for boots this year!

I owna Harley and have benn riding all my life! Attached is a photo om in my typical riding wear. The boots are once and a while near home. I love the over the new look and feel - they are folded down in the pictures. I love to put my foot down at a light and see the reaction from people in cars.

Hope you like :silly:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/New%20Boots/BikerinBoots1-1-2.jpg

Bernheels

Love the boots and realy envy you with harley always wanted one. SIGH

Sunday was a Museum day. I went over wearing a black pull over sweater, jeans, a black leather blazer, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. There was new staff at the front desk who had never seen me before but they welcomed me and directed me to the gallery where the drawing group was meeting. I'm not sure they saw my boots as I walked up to the counter so I don't really trust their non-reaction. I stayed with the drawing group for a couple of hours during which time lots of folks passed through the gallery. I was really quite intent on the sketching I was doing but I think a couple of heads turned. No one, however, said a thing. I did have to park a good distance from the Museum so I did have a nice walk to and from. Wednesday I had scheduled visits to two doctor's offices, one to do paperwork and the other to pick up an order for an X-ray (I hit my hand several weeks ago and it still hurts so taking a closer look is in order). Since I had planned on doing this before going on to work, I was wearing a pull over sweater and tan slacks. I just pulled my thigh boots on over the tan slacks and headed into the offices. One guy in the waiting room gave me a very evil look but all the others just looked up from their magazines and then back down at them again. Since I now had the order for the X-ray, and I already had my boots on, I went to the hospital to get the pictures taken. I had to park in a far lot so I had a nice walk to and from the entrance. In the hospital a few heads (of other patients) turned but the staff didn’t seem to notice (or care). The X-ray showed a normal hand (nothing broken or bent) so I'll head back to the doctor and let him tell me I'm getting old. :silly: I plan on making a skirted stop at Sam's this evening. :unsure:

Hello, I live in a small town in southern Brazil, recently started going out on the street in high heels, I love women's boots. I recently went to a supermarket and was wearing a jeans, shirt and a boot-cut long jump and 3 inches above the jeans, everything was very calm, people look at me but did not say anything when I was in the checkout line, a boy slowly reached behind me and turned into a glass of Coke into my boots, I was very sad, some people laughed, I abandoned my shopping and went home to wash myself, I was very sad about this episode but was the only one, have gone daily with my boots and I love them.

Rogerio

It's sad that society finds that boy's behaviour acceptable. We should feel lucky not to have such narrow minds. I hope this one bad event doesn't stop you feeling good about who you are. It reminds us we shouldn't be too shy to express our disapproval when we see someone reacting badly to a fellow heeler, or to make a nice comment if we see someone wearing heels to restore some positive balance. I love high-heeled boots too, but I've not been brave enough to wear them to the supermarket... yet.

Have you had some positive comments from people too?

If you like it, wear it.

I stopped at an expressway rest area to change clothes after work. I pulled on a knee length black suede skirt and my black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The rest of the outfit was a dark grey turtleneck sweater and a black leather blazer. At the rest area I parked on the far side of the parking lot because there was a group of young males gathered around a car that had its hood up. It seemed to me that their knuckles were almost dragging on the ground and I thought keeping a bit of distance from me was prudent. From the way my car had been handling, I suspected it might be a quart low on oil so in skirt and boots, I popped the hood and checked the dipstick and my suspensions were confirmed. I walked around to the rear hatch and opened it and got out a quart of oil and poured it into the engine. That left me with an empty oil container. The trash can was on the other side of the parking lot, about 30 feet away from the guys with the hood up. I thought that was enough distance to be safe so I walked across the parking lot and threw the oil container away. I turned towards them and walked back to my car. I did overhear a "What the hell is that?" comment but that's kind of what I had expected. It seems that I did get their attention though. If you bring to mind the images you have seen on a gal wearing thigh boots (and usually hot pants) in front of a car with the hood up, you might understand their consternation at seeing me. (And no, I don't think I look as good as the image you thought up.) At Sam's, it seemed to me that the longer skirt got more attention than jeans or a short skirt. It might just have been the mix of the crowd or my sensitivity but it seemed that more folks noticed. No one said a word and it was a quick in and out stop. Tonight I will have the time and money to do a longer shopping trip, and tonight's outfit is about showing off my boots. I well be wearing a purple velour turtleneck with a very full neck, a black leather blazer, black suede pants, and my white thigh boots with 5" stilettos. It's only 20 some days till spring so I'm a little early with the white boots :silly: but the outfit sounded like fun. I'll let you know how it goes. :unsure:

After an early morning of heeling and changing into regular clothes for work, I spotted some thigh high boots in public (very rare). During my lunch break, I visited CDW (Computer Discount Warehouse) to visit their technology expo. As I went into their showroom a young slender lady was walking in front of me wearing a white winter coat, black leggings, and really nice black thigh high boots with 4-5 inch stiletto heels, and with a V-cut in the back for that folded down pirate look. She wore them at their full height. What caught my attention was this man standing in the lobby, giving her the evil eye. I thought to myself, well she is covered and with her husband. I thought it was a very nice look, so I casually wandered around the show room to get a passing glance at her face. Sure enough, she was as attractive as her thigh high boots.

I wish I could have changed back into my boots, but one of their sales reps knows me by name since I pick up computer supplies for our office.

So Thighbootguy it looks like you are not alone with the "evil eye" stares. Even attractive women get negative reactions. But it was a good sighting, seeing a good pair of thigh high boots brightens my day.