Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

JeffB – The news down here said you only got 20” of snow. That’s just a nice depth for being out and about while wearing thigh boots. How about a picture out on your back steps? :)

Well, we only got about a foot in the city proper where I live, and most of it's already melted. I might be able to partake in an outing in a day or two.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I do believe that that is a picture of TBG. It certainly is an outfit he'd wear and the pleaser 8890 pull on boots are what he has been wearing recently. That photo was probably taken by one of the people TBG refers to as having no respect to ask before clicking. Though I do appreciate the picture and TBG's outfit is put together nicely.

donnawonna -

Thanks for the post. Yep, that's me at Sam's (I think in Florence Ky.).

One of the nice things about this board is that you get to see yourself through other peoples eyes. You don't often get a chance in life to do that.

Thanks all for the nice comments.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

donnawonna -

Thanks for the post. Yep, that's me at Sam's (I think in Florence Ky.).

Congrats on your newfound fame! HA!

One of the nice things about this board is that you get to see yourself through other peoples eyes. You don't often get a chance in life to do that.

Indeed! I couldn't agree more!

Once again the creative spirit has moved me (kicked me in the but is more like it). I've posted another Thighbootguy video.

Thighbootguy Makes Fried Rice.

There is a bit of cooking technique in this one, like how to dice an onion but I had to keep reminding me it was supposed to be about wearing thigh boots so there is a good bit of that too.

I'm wearing an ivory satin blouse, tan suede slacks and black leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. Not a stitch from the male side of the store.

This is the pair that suffered the broken heel. I managed a repair it though it doesn't look all that great but seems to hold together. You can see it on the right heel at 3:08.

If anyone has any ideas that would get me out of the kitchen, please let me know.

:)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy Makes Fried Rice.

If anyone has any ideas that would get me out of the kitchen, please let me know. :lmao:

Congratulations on producing another first class video. I'm impressed! Well done. :)

As to ideas of getting you out of the kitchen, ordering Chinese takeout might be one. :lmao::(

(Is it just me that thinks you're guitar playing has improved since you started making your videos? (perhaps it's the influence of the performances that you've been going to and practice?

While I was shooting video yesterday I fetched some stuff from the car and took the opportunity to make another video.

Thighbootguy brings in stuff from the car

Roniheels – Be careful of what you wish for. :)

JNR – Yeah the guitar playing has gotten better. Practice seems to cure a lot of performance problems. I think I’ve been saying that about walking in heels for a long time now and I finally applied my own advice to the guitar. Thanks for noticing

:lmao:

looking great in your boots (all of them actually!!):lmao: & I love the guitar peice, is it any particular music or just somthing you composed?:)

demoniaplatforms - Thanks for the kind words. Both of the music pieces in the Fried Rice video are original. The Car video has a quick version of "Winter Wonderland" that seemed appropriate. TBG

It has started to snow and we are bracing for a bunch of the fluffy stuff. I had to make a quick trip to town before the brunt of the snow got here so I ventured out wearing jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt, a black leather jacket and pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I didn't have to deal with icy sidewalks only snow covered ones so the stiletto heels were actually a help. I went to the store and the folks really didn't notice what I was wearing (the clerks were behind a high counter and they ignored me when I walked in). As I was heading back to my car I had to cross a street and an approaching car tapped its horn. Considering the driving conditions I got back on the sidewalk and motioned for them to continue on past but the lady driving leaned over to the passenger side and rolled down her window and said, "I just wanted to tell how much I loved your boots." I thanked her and headed on to my car. There was a group of guys shoveling snow off the sidewalk in front of a store and it was clear they had never seen a guy wearing thigh boots with heels before. One of them did manage to bid me a good morning and I returned the greeting. A little further on another guy stopped me and said he hadn’t seen me before and wanted to know if I was interested in a good time. I said I wasn't but he said insisted that he had great head stuff. I got back into my car and headed home. Then you go out in boots/heels, you never know what I'm going to encounter so you have to be ready for anything. :)

I just found a web sight ( Avenue.com ) that has great boots. So as soon as I can to order some I'm going to. Yes when I get them I'm going to wear them outside, Sorry I don't have any snow but I think will feel great any way. Like you store and I'm looking forword for the next one. Have a good day and keep worm. :-)

I went shopping this afternoon wearing a green turtleneck, a black leather jacket, black legging, a short leather skirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. The first stop was at a self-service pay at the pump gas station. No one seemed to notice what I was wearing but there weren't too many people there. As I was leaving the station, I was thinking to myself how comfortable I felt dressing like this. I'm always surprised when I have that realization. It has been ingrained in me for too long that guys weren't supposed to wear what I'm wearing. I stopped in Sam's to stock up on some stuff. The parking lot was full so I have a nice walk in to the store. I took my time and wandered around looking at stuff. The checkout lines were very long so I picked one at random figuring I would get to stand around in the crowd for a while. That is actually kind of fun. While I was waiting I spotted a young lady with her mother in a different line who (the young lady) was wearing a very nice pair of knee high boots with a low wedge heel. The boots had a cuff that would have gone over the knee and they had a back zipper. One of the register clerks that I knew opened a register next to the line I was in and she motioned for me to come over to her register. She greeted me warmly and I reached up and changed the lane sign from closed to open for her as she was too short to reach it. We chatted as she rang up mu stuff. As I was heading for the exit, I noticed the gal with the nice boots was getting finished at her checkout. I headed on outside and paused for a minute. When she and her mom came out I said, "Wxcuse me but those are beautiful boots, would you tell me where you got them?" She puzzled for a moment trying to remember and then said, "Nordstrums… and thank you" and threw mw a very nice smile. I marched my cart back across the parking lot to my car and loaded it. Next I went to PersMart. The store was busy but both of the clerks recognized me and paused from their customers to say "Hi". This always has an interesting effect on the other customers who are generally seeing me for the first time. To have the store's staff greet me like a regular customer seems to make them reevaluate their first thought about what they are seeing (I've noticed this in Sam's too). One of the clerks got my stuff and I headed on to my car. The last stop was a local Goodwill. Again the parking lot was full and I had to park in the back of the store which meant a longer walk on the street to get to the front door. When I got into the store and was starting to shop, the manager spotted me and called out a greeting, "Hi, I haven't seen you in here for a while." Again the effect on the other nearby customers was interesting. I wandered around the store for a while and found a light grey turtleneck that I liked. The register clerk was the gal that had told me I ought to do a full CD with hair and makeup. She greeted me warmly and we chatted a bit before I headed back along the street to my car. I'm still trying to figure out why I enjoy dressing this was so much and how I'm so comfortable doing it. Whatever… it was a fun outing. :)

I'm still trying to figure out why I enjoy dressing this was so much and how I'm so comfortable doing it.

Well, maybe because it's fun! Why overanalyze? Just enjoy yourself.

Sunday I needed to make a stop at a WallMart Super store. I went in wearing the tan turtleneck I just bought, a black leather jacket, black leggings, a short black leather skirt, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos. It still amazes me how many folks really don't notice what I'm wearing.

I parked a good distance from the store and had a nice walk across the parking lot with lots of folks coming and going. I grabbed a shopping cart and headed into the store. I wandered around for a while looking for an aerosol room spray then gave up and walked up to the front of the store and asked the greeter where it was shelved. I had been looking in house wears and kitchen but she said, "Oh that’s over in groceries in the back isle." That was all the way to the other diagonal end of the store so off I went. With a shopping cart, most folks don't notice what I'm wearing as I approach them and by the time I've gone by they are looking at something else. (That might be a useful technique for folks that don't want to go out and not be noticed). After I found my stuff I headed back to the registers and got in the line for 20 or fewer items, right behind the guy with the full shopping cart. I wasn’t in a hurry and just enjoyed myself standing in line.

On the way out of the store I did overhear a, "Har Har Har did you see that guy…". I assumed he meant me but I took my time walking back to my car without the shopping cart.

There was a Payless in the same area so I stopped in. The clerk (young lady) greeted me and asked what I was looking for. I told her, "Ladies boots in as 12."

She didn’t bat an eye and lead me to the rack. She said, "We're starting to get in sandals…go figure."

I didn't find anything I wanted or that I could wear so I headed back to the front door where a guy coming in gave me a very sour look (that happens). I headed back to my car and to home.

A nice outing and it got wearing a skirt out of my system for a little while.

:)

JeffB – Part of what makes me tick is wanting to know how things work (self included). When I go to a concert, I spend part of my time seeing how the production is done. I only really trust computer code I have written. I enjoy working on a car. I don't intend to overanalyze, it is just something I do. But I do have fun.

This weeks Friday shopping trip was short but fun. At work U wore a grey long sleeved knit top with a zipper on neck, jeans, and grey suede knee high boots with 4” block heels clearly visible under the jeans. After work I changed the grey boots for my black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels worn over the jeans, and a black leather jacket. The jacket was not only appropriate for the overall look but was comfortable because it was 10F (-12C). I stopped at the Goodwill near work and found a light brown suede leather skirt with a fill length front zipper and an attached wide belt in a size 12 petite. I am definitely not petite, but it means the skirt is a little shorter on me than a regular skirt, but I have never had a problem wearing a short skirt. It is very comfortable and, I think, rather nice looking. The next stop was Sam’s where I took my time shopping. Most of the staff made an effort to offer a greeting. I did appreciate how warm my boots are as I walked in to the store and back to my car. The last stop was a local Goodwill where I again wandered around looking for stuff but didn’t find anything I liked. Like I said, short and uneventful, but still enjoyable. :silly:

I had to run to a hardware store this morning and I took the opportunity to venture fourth in my new skirt. I went out in 22F weather wearing a grey knit pull over sweater, black leggings, the light brown suede skirt, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos, and a black leather jacket. I passed several guys coming out of the hardware store and got a couple of strange looks but no comments. In the store the clerk didn’t bat an eye as he found the item I needed and then help me find a screw driver tip. By his reaction you would think a guy in a skirt and boots came in every day. I tool my stuff to my car and walked to Kroger’s (super store grocery) the entrance of which was about two blocks away. I got lots of looks but that is to be expected. In the store I had to walk completely through it to get to the pharmacy. I passed one young lady that noticed what I was wearing and she save me a smile and said, “Looking good” as I walked passed her. I said, “Thanks” and got in line at the pharmacy. As I walked back to my car I again got several looks. On the way I stopped in a Tuesday Morning just to look around. The clerk was very nice and showed me where the item I was interest in was shelved. Later when she was reaching for an item on a top shelf, I offered to help and she appreciated it. I was really very comfortable wearing a skirt and boots and I was not bothered in the least by the second looks I got. Nice outing. :silly:

TBG: Great looking avatar, great outing you had recently. I might just have to wear a skirt with my thigh boots soon. Heh!

Great outing and yes, you get the looks, but as you said people move on and go about their business. I was in a hardware store the other day in stiletto heeled pumps. I got the looks, too, but everyone moved on and the clerks and store personnel were helpful. I hope it wasn't too cold in your skirt, although I'm sure your thighboots kept your legs warm. Oh, by the way, I too like your new avatar. Very clever and creative and it is you! Thanks for the great post.

Sunday I needed to run over to Radio Shack to get some hearing aid batteries (I use them in a condense microphone). I ventured forth wearing a black pull over sweater, black leggings, the new light brown suede leather skirt, a black leather jacket, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos.

There was another customer in the store when I walked in and he chose to not pay much attention to me. The clerk was on the phone with some issue for the other customer. I walked behind the counter and got the batteries of the rack and spent the next 5 minutes walking around the store waiting for the clerk to finish with the other customer.

When the clerk finally got to me I discovered he had the people skills of a kumquat. (He wasn’t that descent with the other customer either.) The good part is that there wasn't a discouraging word about a guy in a skirt and boots.

My favorite thrift emporium was just down the street so I stopped in and wandered around. There weren’t too many people in the store but I didn't even get a second look. I found a couple of CDs (on this forum I have to specify that CD means compact disks) I was interested in.

I got back home and decided to head out to a movie. The only thing I changed was tucking the pull over sweater into the waist of the skirt so the whole skirt and its belt was visible. I parked several car isles back in the lot and walked to the theater. I did get a couple of glances from the other patrons. I got my ticket and headed into the auditorium which already had a dozen folks seated. I took an aisle seat about two thirds of the way down the aisle, which was in front of all the other folks. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie "RED". When it was over I gathered my coat and bag and headed out to my car. A few heads turned in the lobby and I suspect a comment or two happened after I left but I'm sure I added to the richness of the conversations.

Sam's is just a quarter mile away from the theater so I headed over for a few things. As I walked in from the parking lot I did notice a few drivers paying too much attention to me instead of their driving on snow and ice on which they should have been concentrating. In the store I was passed by a young lady that sported a "knowing smile" and I was glad there wasn't a gaggle of gigglers with her. I wandered about and got my stuff and headed for the register. The wait in line was long enough to merit reaching down and pulling my boots all the way up so they would look as good as possible.

The register clerk, who had never seen me before, was very nice and when she finished ringing up my stuff announced that, "You have won the prize!" I looked puzzled and she said, "You got out of here spending less money than anyone else today." I just shook my head and we both laughed.

The walk back to the car seemed to have the same effect on the folks driving by as the walk in did.

I headed back home and curled in my favorite chair to watch the NFL playoffs (and that is JeffB's influence :silly:).

All - Thanks for the kind words about the avatar. I built it a long time ago but didn't use it because it is based on a female figure. But after wearing a skirt and boots for a while it didn't seem so far out of character.

JeffB - I think the skirt and boots works for me because of the black opaque leggings. I'm not as comfortable with just hose.

:unsure: