Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hi! Since it's already evening in the picture - have you been on tour in that outfit the whole day long and possibly in bright daylight? Did someone make a comment? Or were you mistaken for being female because you were wrapped in these clothes? Respect! CU! -Mike

It was actually morning, and not nearly as bright out as it appears in the photo. It was overexposed by the reflection of the flash off the bikes reflectors and something near the camera. I wasnt happy with the way the pic came out, but hope to have a better version soon. I've not ridden much with my thigh boots on as the foot pegs would have a cheeze grater effect, and I don't want to kill the boots that fast. *shrug* I'll give a full report if I get any good heeled bike rides in. Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Sunday was another museum day. There is a new show of Rembrandt etching that opened yesterday. This means the parking lot (and the museum) were packed. I wore jeans, a heavy black turtleneck sweater and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The show was free to members and as I was walking in, I noticed my membership had expired last week. I walked up to the membership desk to renew my membership and the folks were really glad to see me (thigh boots and all). I would have understood if they had renewed my membership without enthusiasm but that wasn’t the case. I really think they are glad I show up as often as I do. My boots don’t seem to bother them at all. I sketched for a while and chatted with several patrons and guards. Most noticed my boots but just kept going. The Rembrandt show is great. The works are small (the museum even furnished magnifying lenses) so people were gathered closely around the prints. No one seemed to be bothered by one of the patrons being 6’5” in thigh boots. Museums hang stuff at the average height of their patrons which is about 6” shorter than 6’5” so I was doing a lot of looking down at the prints on the wall and bending over the display cases. Bending at the waist in 5” heels was a new balancing experience. It was actually a comfortable way to stand in heels. Other than the great show and kind greetings from the guards and staff, the trip was uneventful. A good thigh boot outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi Jim,

Great pic....the Boots look great!

Sorry i have not been around for awhile. A vacation to Cabo in Mexico followed by a business trip to Ottawa, just now getting by Booted Feet back on the ground!

Missed everyone,

david

Thanks everyone :D

TBG: After the shots on the nature trail the batteries gave up on me. The light problems occured durring some other photos, here is what I ment. I didnt modify this shot other then to shrink it down to fit.

Posted Image

I used the side edge of my b/f's truck to hold up the camera, and the flash bounced off something.. also the brake lights and turn signals cought too much light. I'll do better soon.

Seeya

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I’m not sure what happened this week but I went shopping in several of my regular stores and didn’t wear my stiletto heeled boots. I got more notice from the regular staff not wearing my boots than when I wear them. No one said anything but everyone noticed the change.

I’m not sure why I didn’t wear them since I had a pair in the car with me. I just didn’t feel like wearing boots and heels. I’ll have to start paying more attention to why I do and don’t feel like wearing my boots.

Anyway, Friday was a jeans day at work so I did wear my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels on my morning grocery trip. The trip was uneventful except my legs were telling me I hadn’t worn 5” heels for a while and the muscles complained a little. I had to walk around a bit before I was able to walk with full confidence again. I was surprised at how quickly my heel skills/endurance had faided. After a couple of minutes I was Ok and back in stride.

The lesson is, if you don’t wear high heels often (daily), don’t expect to put on a pair and take off with a graceful stride. You have to give your legs a few minutes to learn how the muscles will be used differently on the heels. They are used differently, which is why people complain that high heels make their legs sore.

Iloveboots -

Sounds like you had a great trip. Welcome back.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I too occasionally wear low heels, and I too notice that people are still looking to see what I'm wearing on my feet. :D

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

Thighbootguy:-)

You have got everyone now used to seeing you in stiletto boots that they really will notice, in a minute, when you don't have them on.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

You are 5" shorter, for one thing - people do notice things like that.

You've got a great thing going there. My repect and also thanks for letting in on your exploits. Love the motorcycle pic BTW, think it would be "flat" without the light effects.

crotchboots-m -

I haven’t been out as much as I normally get out. A couple of days I just didn’t feel like wearing boots/heels and the weekend was too much of a scramble to do anything, and add a bout of the flu and your right, things kind of “petered out”. I was glad JimC took the opportunity to share his latest exploits.

CeliaC -

Thanks for the kind words. I hadn’t thought about being 5” shorter getting notice but I guess it would.

The guy with the bike is JimC. I just go out with a shopping cart or a sketch book which isn’t anywhere near as exciting.

Hi everyone, Sorry for my lack of participation recently, lots going on since our return from Mexico. Anyway, while in Cabo we did have a lot of high heel Boot fun! After a few days of the all inclusive resort food etc. we went exploring in San Jose del Cabo, a small town about 20 miles east of Cabo San Lucas. We found a really cool restaurant for dinner on the Thursday evening and dressed up for some fun. We had made a reservation for 8pm. We were dressed for fun!! Cathy wore a purple/black meshed skirt and sexy black top with black leather thigh high Boots with 5 inch heels. I wore a t-shirt, black jodphurs tucked into black leather thigh high Boots, the Cristina Boots I love to walk in so much. So off we went through a crowded lobby at the hotel, heels clicking across the tile floors....and yes, every head turning in our direction. It was awesome! We grabbed a cab outside the hotel and headed to dinner. At the restaurant we were greeted like royalty, every staff member came to get a look! The decor was an outdoor courtyard setting with about 15 tables, very intimate. About half the tables had clients and we were seated a two table area on a balcony overlooking the tables below. A great table for those who wanted to look up and see our Boots, well positioned. We had a fabulous meal, incredible service. Every waiter made a comment on our "Botas", how cool they looked, etc. After dinner during coffee I headed to the restroom. as I emerged a Lady from a table below us who was wearinga gorgeous leather dress and 5 inch heel pumps was waiting to goin. As i came out she said she adored the Boots and outfit. I complimented her on her outfit as well and she asked if her and her husband could join us for after dinner drinks. They did, and we had great conversation. turned out they were from Denver and also loved high heels. Her husband also enjoyed wearing heels and had a dozen or so pairs of Boots, unfortunately they had not brought any on their trip. After dinner the four of us walked around San Jose, lots of looks, thats for sure. I have attached, sorry they are not very good, pics to my photobucket album...see "www" link below. david

Sounds like you two had a great time south of the border. Imagine running into another guy who likes to wear heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The weather is starting to get warmer so I thought I would take advantage of one of the cool days and wear something that is warm. I went shopping at by morning grocery stop and tonight at Sam’s Club wearing a gray turtleneck, black leather slacks and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

This post may me much ado about nothing because other than a few casual glances, no one paid any attention. It wasn’t that no one said anything, people just didn’t seem to notice. I do know that contrast is what draws attention and the black leather slacks and black thigh boots almost blend into one garment but I thought it was, at least, an unusual garment worthy of a little attention.

Oh well, it was a fun outting anyway.

Iloveboots -

Sounds like you had a grand time down south. I have never had the experience of being given prominent seating in a restaurant. It seems like most of the time they want to seat me as far away from the rest of the guests as possible. Must be Cathy’s outfit that makes the difference.

crotchboots-m

How about a smaller avitar.

Perhaps I should have entitled it omg I need a corset? I'm off to Brighton shopping, but it's taken ages to get ready :D I thought I'd put something here before I go because I won't get a chance after.

I wanted to wear nothing male and wear exposed boots. My seventh thought was this - the first I'd photographed

Posted Image

But then I decided against the pvc trousers, no pockets and opted for shorts.

Posted Image

I'll decide what boots to wear when I get there.

Posted Image

Hey fogborkenvv--you are one brave soul and I mean that in a good way. In my opinion, for whatever its worth, the second outfit is a bit tamer than the third because there is less contrast between the shorts and the boots. And both outfits, two and three, in my mind, provide a better fashion combo ensemble with the scarf, coat, and colors than outfit number one. Thus, they seem more "mellow". But then again, thats just my opinion. I'm eagerly anticipating the details of your trip to Brighton!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I’ve had two outings of note.

Yesterday I was in a hurry and wound up going to work without a pair of boots or heels with me at all. This is the first time I have not had a pair with me for a long time and it kind of felt funny. Anyway, I made my morning grocery stop and stopped at Sam’s on the way home and in both stores someone commented on my footwear (regular guy loafers). The comments were not like “Oh your wearing something normal for a change”, they were more like “Oh your not wearing your other shoes tonight”. I’ve said before, more people notice when I’m not wearing my boots than when I am.

This morning I wore jeans and my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and didn’t get a comment (other than a cheery hello) at all.

I also keep saying this is all about the confidence you project. It may be that I projected an image that invited comment when I didn’t have my boots on. I really did feel like I was not dressed correctly/properly/normally (something like that) for the places I was going to. It must have shown.

fogborkenvv -

I like the contrast of the third outfit (and that's a great looking pair of boots) but the second one dosen't look bad at all. Like kneehighs, I'm looking forward to reading about how the outing goes.

TBG & KHs, thanks for your comments. The photos were taken hastily, I was conscious that I was in danger of spending the entire day mucking around with the camera. No 3 is a bit out of focus and I had problems with the sizing and ended up with the second two smaller than the first. I had virtually decided to go with the brown boots when I left the house, but put both boxes in the car. What I didn't realise until I got home was I'd left the black boots in the conservatory. I'm not that brave a soul - I put a pair of baggy cotton trousers and a long sleeved t-shirt over my outfit and flats on. Not that I'm at all worried about our neighbours seeing me in heels etc, I am worried about Mrs F's reaction if she thought I'd risked it. It does make the logistics of street heeling a tad more complicated. So my outfit consisted of a black camisole, with hook and eye fastening down the front. Christmas present from Mrs F this year. Mrs F's coat, I love it, it cost £15 in a sale shop. She looks so elegant in it - and I just love wearing it. I wear it to work sometimes. The first time I was rushing and couldn't find my coat, that's a feeble excuse if ever I heard one. The boots came from the sale at Office, I wore the shorts I bought on the same day - a belt Mrs F bought me for Christmas and 100 denier snuggy tights that I bought her. Which she hadn't got round to wearing. I got to Brighton just after noon, most of the car parks were full and I ended up in one I'd never used before, North Laine. When I got out I was a bit lost, but there were some nice alternative shops. They say Brighton is London on sea, this bit looks a little like Camden on Sea - much more genteel though. I wandered through the lanes and ended up in the town centre, looked in Dune, Office Faith & New Look, the first Dune and Office had the remnants of the sale still going on. I was pleased, I didn't find any footwear that was nicer than what I had on (IMHO). My appearence caused virtually no reaction - they've seen it all before in Brighton. When I first got out of the car park and was gaining my bearings - totally lost more like - I had a couple of looks up and down. But after that I seemed to blend in entirely. I had one cheeky grin from a young lad unloading a van - I saw him in a charity shop a little while later having an animated discussion with the girl working there about the outfit he'd worn to a recent wedding. Apart from a couple of people in shops saying "like the boots" no reaction. One asked me if my partner fought over my boots - I was about to leave Brighton when I spotted a fetish shop tried on a corset. A pvc waist clincher. I've never worn one before, it was amazing, really got rid of the old gut! I will definitely be saving my pennies.

Sounds like you had a good trip. The North Laine area of Brighton is definitely rather like Camden. People dressed in all sorts of clothes you could imagine. Still not many men wearing heels apart from the gothic types in their heavy platform boots. Rest of Brighton is London by the sea. I usually end up parking in the Hanover area which is outside the controlled zone though I can't imagine it will be for much longer. Then it's about 10 minutes walk down to North Laine area (but up hill on the way back to the car).

I've only been to Brighton a couple of times - took the Brighton Express from Victoria Station. I am really not too familiar with the various areas. The one I thought was just called The Lanes used to have a shop that sold model sailing ships (I have one) and assemble-it-yourself mechanical wooden toys. They discontinued those, I think, but I have a Kissing Machine with cranks and cams and gears, all made from wood. The Lanes must be what you were referring to as London-on-sea. That was with the BW, six years ago!

Hi TBG,

Thank you. yes it was awesome. I have to admit, it was nearly all Cathy's outfit I think that got us front and centre! She was treated like a Goddess all evening, loving every minute of it!!

david

Iloveboots -

Sounds like you had a grand time down south. I have never had the experience of being given prominent seating in a restaurant. It seems like most of the time they want to seat me as far away from the rest of the guests as possible. Must be Cathy’s outfit that makes the difference.

Heya, just picked up my first pair of 8899's today. I grabed a couple quick shots taken on the way home, and hopefully will have more pics soon. I will let you know if I try riding the bike wearing these :D The 8899's are definatly more snug then the 8868 in the knee's, and they also are cut a bit higher on the leg. Both are good things More to follow..

I used to live in Brighton and still go to Brighton/Hove regularly. Since they merged and became a city, both areas have become subjected to a very strict street parking regime which now covers almost every street within a mile or so of the main shopping areas and seafront. Pay-and-display parking applies, almost always from 9am - 8pm, 7 days per week (although there are a few exceptions, but of little use to the shopper). The off-street parking is equally expensive, and always has been. In many cases, streets are almost empty during the day because it is simply too expensive to park there - the council screws everyone as hard as possible and is very adept at imposing penalties on those who fall foul of the regulations. Is it really necessary for me to pay to park in a residential street (away from all commercial areas) on a Sunday afternoon or early evening when I visit my elderly mother? Visitors be warned: there is much too see and do in the area - once you have coped with the traffic, found somewhere to park and forked out for it.

Hello again, here are a couple early photos and a quick review of the boots:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

As mentioned above, and visible in the photos the shaft of the boot is reletivly snug on my leg, not an unpleasent feeling :D

These boots are a size 11, my 4" 8868's are a size 10. My 'fetish' type knee boots with a 5" heel are size 9.. odd

With these in a size 11 there is plenty of room for my toes, and with the heel of my foot locked into place both the top and bottom of the arch of my foot are making contact with the boots. Wearing just thin socks there was a little space between the ball of my foot and the transition area of the boot between the arch and sole, perfect place for some padding. I found gel inserts that only affect the ball of the foot, not the entire footbed, I used two sets, so the first one starts as the arch is still going down, they double up in the transistion area where the bones in your feet are, and tapers down to one/none in the toe area. Surprisingly comfortable for my feet when walking.

I only wore them while on my way home yesterday, and only got to wander around a little bit wearing them. I will try to wear them for a while tonight to break them in and get my ankles used to the higher angle before wandering too far away.

The same shop also had some leftovers from TLSB in stock and 50% off, the store is http://www.thefetishbox.com and you will have to call as they didnt list them on their website.

Have fun

Jim