Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Liebe Michael,

Certainly you won't have any problems in Mallorca, besides perhaps a gang of beer-drunk german hoolingans coming out of a bar and finding you upfront - which I know you can handle with an arm and a leg broken.

I personally believe the most traditionally open minded island is Ibiza, with a strong tradition into the hippy movement back into the '60s. In Ibiza there are especialized high-heel shops from Luichiny (www.luichiny.com). Some interesting shops in Sant Antoni de Portmany as well.

My favourite place is Formentera, just a small island south of Ibiza. These are kind of places I strongly recommend you to visit. And high heeling there is certainly not going to make anybody bat an eye.

I recommend you to spend 1-2 days there if you can arrange it.

Grussen,

I haven’t had the opportunity to get out much in the past week. A losing bout with the flu kept me in. I did manage two morning grocery trips on the days I did go to work. On the two trips I wore black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos, one trip in a knee length brown leather skirt the other in an ankle length caramel suede leather skirt. Both were without event

Iloveboots -

The white boots are stunning.

I have had fits trying to keep mine white (no black scuff marks) especially when I wear them while driving. Any advice on care and cleaning would be appreciated.

While I’m asking for advice, it is just starting to get cold enough for ice and snow in my part of the world. Last year I learned to avoid ice but thigh boots with stilettos and snow seemed to work well. Any tips on boot care in snowy conditions would be in order.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Good Morning Jeff,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. I do enjoy the look. The friends we ran into at the bakery are actually a Lady Cathy knows from her gym and her husband. Beth had seen me before in thigh Boots when I picked Cathy up at the gym etc. and wasn't the least bit surprised. Her husband though had only heard about us from his wife was full of questions. We chatted for about an hour. Beth's comments to her husband as they left were, "if david has the confidence to dress the way he feels you should do the same." Now we're intrigued as to what fashion desires he may have?

Hi TBG,

Yes, the white leather Boots are always a challenge to keep clean. What I do is always treat my Boots with leather cleaner and protector before going out, each time. Cathy says I am compulsive sometimes on this, but it sure saves the Boots. I always keep the carpet in the drivers side of the car clean and if it is snowing or wet out we have an old towel we'll throw down on the floor to protect the Boots. As soon as we get home I always clean the Boots again and find that the protector I have put on before going out usually does a great job of ensuring nothing has ruined the leather.

I have many pairs of suede Boots and with these I always spray them with protector before going out and always always have the old towel down to protect them.

Yup, I will admit, I am compulsive when it comes to protecting our Boots....look after Cathys for her as well.

david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

This is just my opinion, but there's no way in hell I'd subject my good leather boots to snow and slush, all of which winds up salt laden eventually, causing even more problems. I'd sooner not wear mine at all, or at the very least, only wear them in enclosed venues, like malls than run the risk of getting them damaged in snowy weather. :x

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Maybe order a pair of rubber thigh boots for slush resistance... Unfortunatly the only pairs I know of have leather around the foot area, oh well. Great to see you guys out and about Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have tried a spray on leather protector which does a nice job of protecting boot leather from water and salt. Just a word of warning however, spray them down outdoors.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Liebe Michael,

Certainly you won't have any problems in Mallorca, besides perhaps a gang of beer-drunk german hoolingans coming out of a bar and finding you upfront - which I know you can handle with an arm and a leg broken.

I personally believe the most traditionally open minded island is Ibiza, with a strong tradition into the hippy movement back into the '60s. In Ibiza there are especialized high-heel shops from Luichiny (www.luichiny.com). Some interesting shops in Sant Antoni de Portmany as well.

My favourite place is Formentera, just a small island south of Ibiza. These are kind of places I strongly recommend you to visit. And high heeling there is certainly not going to make anybody bat an eye.

I recommend you to spend 1-2 days there if you can arrange it.

Grussen,

Mas bien Bob,

I had never ambitions to visit El Arenal. "Ballermann 6" - brrhhh! Sorry to say that you are right. A lot of drunken german and british hooligans, a plague for this beautiful island. I would prefer to wear my heels in Palma. But still a question: Have you already been in Inca? This town is famous for its shoe fabrication. Any chance to find there nice leather boots in male sizes?

saludos

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

ILoveBoots:-) Very nice pics of you out and about in your white thighhigh boots. Congrats! It sounds like your maintenance program of keeping your boots white sure is paying off. With such a light color, it would be neccessary to be very dilligent about keeping them clean as the lasting result would soon make them very unsightly to wear anywhere out in public. You are doing a great job of both maintaining your boots and publically wearing them. Keep up the excellent work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I can see that it definitely is a labor of love, and I thought I kept great care of my shoes and boots. I don't know how you can keep them so white and still wear them out in public, but you do. Congrats again! They look like you just took them out of the box for the first time. It is quite apparent that you spend a great deal of time on their maintenance. Cheers--- Dawn HH

This week I have been making my morning grocery stop wearing black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos and gold/silver earrings. I have gotten a couple of nice smiles from several lady customers. I think the earrings are the first thing people notice and then they take in the full image. Without the earrings I think fewer people would notice my boots. Today (Friday) is jeans day but it is also the first day with ice and snow on the ground. I wore my black leather thigh boots with flat heels, and the gold/silver earrings to grocery this morning. The register clerk, who has seen me before, asked, “You keeping warm”? (It was 17 F). I said, “Yeah, I wore these old things (and indicated my boots) rather than the heels today”. She looked at them and said, “I noticed, the wet spots on the floor are kind of slick”. “I haven’t had a problem with that, it was the ice outside. I learned about heels and ice last year”. “That could be tricky” We bid each other a good day. I wore my boots into work and got no comments at all. I switched into my guy shoes after I got to my desk. With the bad weather there weren’t too many people that saw me come in but I have set the precedent. I’ll definitely wear them as I leave.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I wore my boots into work and got no comments at all. I switched into my guy shoes after I got to my desk. With the bad weather there weren’t too many people that saw me come in but I have set the precedent. I’ll definitely wear them as I leave.

That the first time you worn thigh boots when going into the office rite?

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

Congrats, thighbootguy on wearing you boots into and out of the office.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey TBG !

Awesome, glad to hear you wore your flat heeled thigh high Boots to the office over jeans. I love wearing this look myself. Same problem up here in Canada during the winter, lots of ice around today. I did the same.

Cathy and I went to the supermarket, a hair cutting place, travel agent (final payment for our mexico holiday in January, can't wait), bakery for coffee and pastry, and to a Boot/Shoe store for some leather cleaner. The pair I wore were a pair that Wild Pair sold back in 1990, mens cavalier style thigh high Boots, they have ribbing around the knee area, very nice Boot with a tight fit, over top of blue jeans.

Tonight though Cathy and I are off to dinner and a movie, it will be my new brown mocha Pleaser 8899's with the 5 inch heels over top of a cream pair of leather pants and a brown turtle neck sweater. Cathy is wearing white riding pants tucked into her red leather thigh high Boots, a pair from Wild Pair, a short red leather fringe on the tops.

Cheers,

david

I left work wearing my boots but I don’t think anyone saw me leave. I put on the gold/silver earring and wore my flat boots grocery shopping on the way home.

You can’t “not notice” that I’m wearing earrings and I have not gotten a negative reaction. I have gotten several smiles from ladies and more people seem to be at ease around me.

At the office, the one lady that did see me (I stopped in her office on the way in) didn’t say a word but I got the impression she wasn’t all that keen on the idea. Oh well, I’ll take this in small steps.

Crotchhiboots -

I have a pair of white thigh boots that I wear out and about but the pictures were of iloveboots and your right, they do look good on him.

ChantalTV -

Shafted -

Yep that was the first time I wore my thigh boots over my jeans at the office. I had worn them under a pair of slacks a couple of times before and no one noticed but that doesn’t count. I must admit that I felt a little funny going in the door at work. It was sort of like the first step getting out of the car wearing heels. There was a whole lot of uncertainty in my steps and I noticed I was wearing thigh boots and since it is a place where I care about the reaction I may take this slowly.

Iloveboots -

I love reading about your outings. Once again your description of Cathy’s and your outfits present a mental image that is a feast for the eyes.

Do you have a recommendation of a brand of leather cleaner and leather protector?

Won’t Mexico be too warm for thigh boots?

Thighbootguy:-) Congrats on your wearing your flat heeled thighboots into and out of work for the first time over your pants. Made you a bit jumpy at first, eh. That really is pushing the envelope there. Take it slow and see what happens and let us know. Cheers--- Dawn HH

TBG: Congrats on pushing the envelope once again by wearing your thigh boots to your place of work. I can certainly tell you all about the sort of nervousness when it came to doing something new and daring, like it was with me when I wore pumps at the office for the first time. But I got over those jitters, now it's all cool! I'm that will be the case for you as well! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yesterday I made my morning shopping trip wearing black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and gold/silver earrings. Posted Image

When I got to the register I noticed the store had a balcony that overlooked the main floor. The business offices are up there and normally there is no one looking over the edge but today, there were 20 young folks looking down at me. Seem the local chapter of something or other was sponsoring a bunch of kids in the workplace and these kids were going to help out in the store to see what a day in the workplace was like. Well, I sure started their day off on the right foot.

This morning I wore my flat heeled boots into the store and on to work. At work more people saw me come in but no one said a thing. Remember, I work in IT so they thing I’m nuts already. At my desk I switched into my guy shoes. At the end of the day I switched back and walked out. Lot more folks saw me but didn’t have a chance to comment.

On the way home I stopped at Home Depot. O changed into my 4” heel boots and dawned my larger gold/silber earrings.

Posted Image

I hadn’t been in a hardware store for a while so I had fun just looking around. After Home Depot I stopped at Bigg’s to get an evening snack. I went in wearing the earrings and 4” boots. I heard a couple of guys behind me being amused at my expense but I ignored them. At the checkout the register clerk really noticed my earrings so I asked her, “Do they look bad”?

“No, they look nice, I kind of like them” was the reply.

What a nice way to end a day.

Rudd -

Great looking boots. All the straps seems a little much to me, but if you like the look go for it.

Very nice pair of boots, Ruud. Thanks for sharing with us. Thighbootguy:-) I'll bet you sure did make those young peoples day right from the beginning. I sure would have liked to be a fly on the wall and be able to listen to their comments. Too bad you were not within ear-shot also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Ruud,

Awesome Boots and outfit.....hope to see more!

Hi TBG,

Hehehehehe you sure did make their day I am sure....very cool. Really enjoy experiencing your growing confidence through your postings, totally awesome.

Question......you have ventured into work now a couple of times with your flat heel thigh Boots.....I bet you'd have no problems spendingt he day in them at the office. Once I had chosen to do so back in 1989 in my office, there was turning back as it was accepted immediately. Have fun and express yourself. I bet you'll find you'll get lots of very positive comments, as you look great in Boots.

david

Hi TBG,

You're right, I take a lot of pride in keeping Cathy's and my Boots clean and looking as new as possible. I use a combination of Lexol cleaner after every trip outdoors and treat the Boots at least once every other month with Lexol conditioner. My older Boots I treat with conditioner monthly. With 68 pairs of my Boots and 26 of Cathys, this is a busy job!!! And I love every minute of it (hehehehehe).

Mexico....I have found there is never a climate too hot for Boots! In Georgia where we lived for six years, temps used to reach in the 90's on most summer days and very humid, but it never stopped Boot wearing!

The clubs in Cabo have seen cathy and I in our Boots before, and they are about to again !

david

Iloveboots -

I love reading about your outings. Once again your description of Cathy’s and your outfits present a mental image that is a feast for the eyes.

Do you have a recommendation of a brand of leather cleaner and leather protector?

Won’t Mexico be too warm for thigh boots?

Hey guys, went for an early morning errand run wearing my 4" thigh boots, black leather pants, and black leather jacket. Winter has sort of arived, so it was -more- then warm enough for around here, and I may wear this combo while up in Seattle soon. Have fun

Posted Image

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

JimC -

That’s a nice outfit. Thigh boots and leather pants are a cool weather outfit. However, it doesn’t have to be an early morning outfit. It looks good enough to wear any time but then my opinion might be a little bit biased.

Thanks for the pictures.

Yesterday seemed to be an ideal opportunity for a first outing in thigh boots, but it didn't happen as intended. If the day had gone as intended I would have had about two hours shopping in Croydon mainly Christmas presents for Mrs F. I brought my thigh boots and a change of clothing, a smart coat of Mrs F's which was going over my favourite H&M camisole, which I could either display or not depending on my level of confidence. As it was I stupidly lost my mobile (cell) phone and spent most of my shopping time retracing my steps... As it was I had a very quick look around and bought Mrs F some boots in Faith £10 bargain. Flat and fluffy - I know what you're going to say - but that's what she likes. I really felt a sense of regret that I didn't have my boots on, there wasn't time to go back to the car & change. On my way home I had to get a prescription so popped into Tesco in Purley, I put my thigh boots on and after about 10 minutes hesitation, got out of the car, only to get back in and change back into the pumps. I wandered round tescos for a little, but the queue at the chemists was too long. I continued on my journey feeling quite defeated - but noticed boots (that's the chemist - not the footwear) was lit up. I put my thigh boots back on, surveyed the scene outside, I suppose the thing I was worried about was thugs taking exception to my appearence - all bloke - grey duffel coat, pullover, shirt, apart from the boots. I crossed the road, someone driving clocked me as did a man who I passed when I'd crossed. At that point I knew I could do it, shame to say Boots had just closed. I drove on wearing my boots and was determined to go somewhere else. I stopped at pease pottage services, parked up, I had a look in the main building thinking to go into the shop, but unfortunately there were too many hard looking young men. Instead I went and put a tenners worth of petrol in Cato (he's a yellow megane). I felt a little self conscious and had several double takes. The outfit would have been better with a black coat and a chiffon scarf. That can't be helped. I got back in the car wondering to myself why I'd just put myself through that - but with 24 hours distance I can't wait to do it again - only more so. I might have to wait a little while, the chest infection I needed the prescription for has really kicked in so it's home looking at hhplace for the next couple of days.