Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

So if I might ask, where did you get the boots and where can I get a pair just like them. They look awesome!

Kevin

The thigh boots are from The little shoe box in london as was!! It has now closed down! I don't think you will be able to find some of such high quality as other supliers eg leatherworks, ellie, domina etc etc are nowhere near the high standards as the LSB. If you keep and eye on ebay they ocassionally turn up on there but be warned you will have to pay the price for this quality of footwear, mine were nearly 300 english pounds 5 years ago!! OUCH!!!

Ciao

Ruud

hi heels

The pumps look very much like my 8267's from Ellie except without the ankle straps and padlocks. Still trying to learn how to walk in those.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

TBG:-) You may not think that you are a leader or not want to be one---but as you can see---I'm not the only one that thinks this is so. Any arrows in your back lately? TEE! HEE! Ruud:-) Fantastic pair of shoes and thighboots you have there. You say that the shoes are your G/F's and the boots are yours? They both look great on you in the pics. Do you ever swap the boots for her shoes or not? Do you wear these out in public with her? Any trouble walking in them? Enquiring readers would like to know. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

A fun boot day.

I went to the museum wearing a short sleeved knit shirt, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I walked in and was greeted by the guard as an old friend. I grabbed a folding stool and headed for a gallery that has been closed for several months for a renovation. The gallery looked great so I settled in and started sketching. Several folks stopped by to see what the guy in boots was doing. After a while I want into another gallery and went to work again. When I was hone an lady stopped me and said, “Your here every time I’m here”.

“Really? I’m normally here on the weekends”

“I remember seeing you at the opening of the Rembrant show and thought I would say Hi the next time I saw you.”

“Then I was wearing the white pair”

“No it was the black pair.”

“I just come over to relax”

“What do you do?”

“I’m just a computer geek.”

“I bring my laptop over the sculpture garden to work.”

“Shame on you.”

“I just started wearing heels. My friend bought me a pair of orange boots with heels. He’s into boots. He wears a size 13.”

“Is that a ladies 13?”

“Yeah. He is transgender and I try to find clothes for him.”

I told her mine were 14s and about several web sites then bid her a good day.

I went on to another gallery and continued working and talked with several people about the art. No one seemed to be put off talking to a gut in thigh boots.

As I was leaving I saw the gal at the desk that was interested in my boots last week. I asked her if she could wear a size 7 shoe. She seemed glad to talk to me and said it depended on the shoe but normally she did wear a 7.

“I have a pair of boots that have been in my closet for 25 years. Would you be interested in them?”

Her eyes got real big and she said, “Yes, I’d love to see them.”

This was a brown suede pair of over the knee boots with a block keel that I bought for a friend 25 years ago and she didn’t like them. They have a block heel that I thought my museum friend could manage.

I went out to the car and brought them in to her and she was delighted. I din't know if it was the boots or that a total stranger gave her a present. I left before I gave her a chance to say anything. I’ll asked her how they fit next week. I didn’t want to seem to anxious after giving someone I really didn’t know a pair of OTN boots.

After the museum I went to the thrift emporium just to look around. One of the clerks asked me if it wasn’t too hot to wear those. I said it was if I was out in the sun but being inside it was Ok. I then offered that they were very comfortable with shorts.

DawnHH -

As far as being a fashion leader, I think I’m more like a low grade virus that numbs the fashion immune system of the folks that see me a few times. After seeing me again, it’s no big deal, just a little different.

Rudd -

Great looking boots and courts.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: Great trip to the museum as ususal. Maybe you can start a trend of having the staff wear low heel thigh boots under their uniforms :roll: Btw, it was 97 here according to the weather channel. Excuse me if I'm a bit sporatic with thigh boot photo's as it's a little warm.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I went to Sam’s wearing my black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I do this often enough that I don’t always bother to post anything but this time I wore them with a short sleeved knit shirt, baseball cap and white shorts. The shorts have a 5” inseam and I thought the outfit looked good. It was about 92F (33C) and as JimC tells us, “a little warm for thigh boots” but since I was going to be inside most of the time it was Ok. The lady that recommended this combination to me several weeks ago was right about how this combination would look. I did get several double takes but no one said a thing. My air conditioner at home failed last night which prompted the trip to replace it. I took the time to wander all over the store with a flatbed cart with the new A/C on it. At the checkout The clerk was one I hadn’t seen before and I said, “It’s almost too warm for these.” “Yeah it was almost too warm for sandals.” “I normally wear these with jeans, how do they look with shorts?” She looked me over and said, “Maybe if they were a little lower and indicated above the knee on her leg. I thanked her and headed out. I had seen the lady at the exit many times and she asked me if I needed any help with the A/C. I said, “No, I can manage even with these” and indicated my heels. She laughed and said, ‘I don’t see how you walk in them, I never could”. We bid each other a good day. Fun trip to Sam’s

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hmm, maybe they are are men's boots, thighbootguy, as most of the women who have said anything to me say that they could never walk in them either.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Another fun outting.

I stopped at Bigg’s wearing slacks and a short sleeved knit shirt, baseball cap and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. No one batted an eye. The register clerk had never seen me before and stole a second look but the guy in line behind me thought he was seeing a serious weirdo so I just idnored him.

After work I stopped at a bank branch in a large grocery store. I switch the slacks for white shorts and several people noticed. One lady was walking straight toward me and she couldn’t look anywhere else so I gave her a nice smile and she returned it. After that I went to a Walgreen’s drug store. As I got out of the car there were two older ladies in the parking lot. After I got into the store I heard them break into laughter and I think it was at my expense. Oh well, I made their day lighter.

It is a little warm for boots but most of the time I’m indoors (air conditioning) so it isn’t a problem. If I were taking mile hikes as JimC does, that would be pushing it .

Shafted -

I never thought of my boots that way but you may have something there. I have always considered the boots to be my boots rather then women’s boots but I never considered them to be men’s boots. I’ll have to give that some thought. Every little bit of attitude helps.

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. After reading some of the experiences you have all had I decided to take my love of thigh boots outdoors. At first I would go for walks late at night in parks and side streets here in Toronto. No one really saw me and I was happy with that. There was the odd car that would drive by and surely notice my high heel knee boots but no one stopped to take a better look or said anything. This past week I bought a pair of black patent thigh boots with 5 inch heels. So I went out late at night again. I was running low on gas. I debated if I should take my boots off or fill up with gas with them on. After a little while I said to myself, "Screw it. I don't care if people see me wearing high heeled boots or not." So I drove into the next gas station. There was a car with a woman filling up on gas already there. I opened the car door and got out. At that moment the woman looked my way. I don't think there was any way for her not to notice my boots. She didn't seem to notice anything and she didn't try to go out of her way to look again. I have to admit my heart was beating a hundred miles an hour...but I loved it. Out came my credit card and I proceeded to fill my gas tank. A few minutes went by and everything was quiet. I though the whole event would happen with no one noticing my footwear. Then a car entered the gas station from the opposite side of where I was. It pulled up on the other side of the pump that I was using. I knew this would be the moment when someone would definitely see me. I hoped I would get a positive reaction like Thighbootguy and other members has received. A women exited the car. She walked to the back of the driver side of her car and opened her gas tank. She turned around and looked at me. First she looked at my face. Then she looked down. I guess the shiny black patent PVC does attact the eye. She stared at the boots for a moment. Then she looked up. I think she was deciding if she should say something or not. Then she said, "Nice boots." I said, "Thank you. I just got them and I wanted to wear them for a walk." "Are they expensive," she replied. I said, "No. I got them fairly cheap on EBay." "I'll have to look into that," she said. I was all done so I wished her a good night. I got into my vehicle and went away. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you to Thighbootguy, JimC and everyone else that have posted on this site. I've taken my love of boots to the new level and I wouldn't have done it without reading how the rest of you are branching out into public with your passion. I can't remember who posted that there should be a new rule of people posting a picture of the outfit they went out with. Mine was simple: a gray shirt, black jeans, and black pvc thigh boots with 5 inch heels. Here are a couple of pictures. Thanks for reading and take care. Chudbeast

lol I was the one that made the suggestion for that rule. I didn't mean it seriously, it just seems that everytime someone discribes a new pair of boots or an outfit there's someone to come along right after and ask for pics. lol But glad to see you followed up with pics. Those boots are awesome. I've thought about getting some but I've had trouble finding knee boots to fit my calves without laces. they're about 17 inches around, so I didn't want to spend the money on thigh boots only to find out I cant do them up. Which is just as well, i like wearign my heels with jeans and pants over them anyway. So high boots would just be a waste. I'll stick with ankle and mid calf.

After a little while I said to myself, "Screw it. I don't care if people see me wearing high heeled boots or not." So I drove into the next gas station. ............I though the whole event would happen with no one noticing my footwear. Then a car entered the gas station from the opposite side of where I was. It pulled up on the other side of the pump that I was using. I knew this would be the moment when someone would definitely see me. I hoped I would get a positive reaction like Thighbootguy and other members has received. A women exited the car. She walked to the back of the driver side of her car and opened her gas tank. She turned around and looked at me. First she looked at my face. Then she looked down. I guess the shiny black patent PVC does attact the eye. She stared at the boots for a moment. Then she looked up. I think she was deciding if she should say something or not. Then she said, "Nice boots." I said, "Thank you.

Nice comments for your debut - bravo!!

I had a short but absolutely delightful Museum trip this afternoon. I wore a long sleeved denim shirt, jeans, black baseball cap and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I normally wear the 5” heels to the museum but by afternoon it had already been a long day and I wasn’t quite up to 5” heels.

When I walked in I was greeted by the guard with a big “Hi there”. As I walked across the main front room I saw the gal I gave the boots to last week. She saw me and lit up like a Christmas tree. As I walked over to the counter, she waved and stood up and walked out from behind the counter so I could see that she was wearing the over the knee brown suede boots I had given her. She wore them with a short full (ruffled) skirt and a light colored blouse. The colors went together well and she really looked nice (cute as a button actually). She did a turn for me so I could see how they looked and said, ”Now we match”.

Trying to not stand there with my chin on the floor I said, “They do look nice, I’m so glad you like them”.

“I’ve gotten lots of complements on them except some of the older ladies look at me a little funny.”

I started to leave and then asked, ”Would you be interested in a pair with a heel?” and indicated my heel.

“I really couldn’t wear them.”

“Ok”, and I headed on into the museum.

It seemed like every guard was one I knew and they all greeted me warmly even to the point of asking me why I wasn’t working on the Monet like I usually am, they know me that well.

As I left I stopped back at the desk and my friend asked me what I had been working on and we chatted about art for a while. As I was leaving I asked, “Are they too tight to wear with jeans?”

She stood and made sure the boots were pulled up and modeled again then said, “I don’t know I haven’t tried.”

“I wear mine with jeans or shorts. “

“I’ll have to try that”.

“I really am so glad you like them. One of the reasons I wear them is that I don’t know anyone else that will wear them. You shot that excuse.”

I got a big smile in return.

Great afternoon.

Chudbeast -

First WELCOME to the forum.

It sounds like you had a great first outing. The boots look great. I haven’t tried the shinny PVC style but they do go well with the outfit you have shown us. Thanks for the great post, it was almost like being there with you. Wow, a “Nice boots” first time out. I’m looking forward to reading more of them.

My word of caution for first time wearers is a reminder to not become complacent about wearing such a daring outfit. Most people are willing to accept what you are showing them but there are still a few that aren’t and like to insist that you conform.

Hello again folks, it's been awhile since I was here. First and foremost, a huge thanks to all the people on this forum for the support, advice and inspiration. Before joining this forum, I had felt more an island than anything and never even considered wearing my heels out in public.

I started another thread with a few photos http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=6742 and the jeans I'm wearing in the top pic are the ones I wore when I finally took the BIG step, so to speak, LOL.

The first outing was to take two packages to be shipped via UPS. I had two firsts that day, one to go out in public and the other to drive in high heeled boots. Other than the jeans are a might tight, driving was all in itself, a whole lot of fun and I acclamated quickly. Everything was great until I pulled into the UPS parking lot and parked. Nerves. Near the end of the day, the lot was fairly empty, so I figured at least I could minimize exposure standing in line and that made me feel better. Of course, while I was sitting there thinking about this, three other patrons parked and went in, LOL. Oh man, what was I thinking. I was wearing my new custom boots under long Wrangler bootcut jeans, purchased just for this purpose, to be long. A white long sleave T shirt and some nice filly stuff underneath to complete the feel. As I opened the car door and put a foot out, I immediately felt like every eye was on me. No such thing was the case of course, but tell my heart that! "One small step for heelme, one large leap for fashion freedom" came to mind as I exited the car and gathered my boxes from the trunk. All the sudden I felt clumsy walking and once I got from the lot to the sidewalk, stopped to reassess. "You're walking too fast and taking giant strides to get it over with, you idiot" I thought to myself and I was right. So, I mustered up all the courage and confidence I could and went inside. There were two people in line and I took my place behind them, right in front of a low desk where a security guard sat. He had a front row seat to my first boot street heeling and didn't even know it, or at least never indicated he noticed. Those jeans did cover most of the heel though. Once it was my turn, I strode up to the counter and lay the packages down. The man behind the counter said "You have too many labels on these" but what I heard was something like "Are you wearing high heeled boots?!?! YIKES! All I could say was "Sorry" as he covered the offending labels with blank ones. I had my first encounter in public with someone, fully expected to be busted down for my footwear, but didn't. I guess it's like telling a kid not to touch the stove because it's hot. Sometimes they need to touch it to really KNOW. I've read account after account of you all going about daily life in heels and no one really making any issue of it, but I had to "touch the stove" to be sure. Much, much calmer now and with heart beats actually separated by pauses, I turned and left. Back in the car I felt elation for having done that one tiny deed, wearing my boots. I headed back to the house and decided to fill up the tank on the way. I self serve and pay at the pump, so the only people that saw me were at the same pump island. The lady on the opposite side stood behind me at the payment kiosk and didn't seem to notice, but the guy that was gassing up in front of me did. When I stepped out and walked to the kiosk, his eyes were on my boots. The whole time I gassed up he was making furtive glances but said nothing. Back home, my wife saw me come in and commented on how the jeans looked with the boots. She smiled as she asked if everything went okay on my errands!! I had gone out thinking she was napping and would not know. She's cool with around the house heeling but balks at going out in public. Her reaction to my being out was very welcoming for me. I hope to convince her to go out some evening with me in my boots and this encounter gives that some hope.

The second outing....

I took my new boots, along with some other finery, on a businees trip to Plano, Texas. I had searched out clubs and bars that catered to alternative lifestyle, thinking I'd feel more comfortable. On the third night, I drove back into Dallas to a club now called S4, formerly Village Station. It's on a street that is apparently a mecca for nightlife activity. Parking was impossible, but lucked out after a few passes and got a spot near the club. S4 is a two story club with dancing on both levels, four bars, outside patio seating and a theater upstairs. It was a Thursday night and the only place it was packed was the theater/stage area. I enjoyed a couple of diet cokes (didn't want to get busted driving) and the people watching, taking speacial notice to see if other men were heeled, but the only heeled men were the female impersonators on stage. Too bad. The ladies at the table next to me were glancing at my boots, then chatting amongst themselves. Then one asked if those boots "had high heels" and I slid the pant leg up to show them. They all got a look and then wanted to know how hight the boots were. I told them they were thigh high and they commented on how cool it was to see a guy were them. They asked where I got them and I told them the story in short form. It was a good evening. I stayed for a bit longer then had to head back to the hotel.

This time I was much less intimidated when I set out for the evening and once I got there, kind of wish I'd been more obvious, maybe either a skirt or at least the boots over the jeans. It felt really good to be someplace, dressed like I wanted and even better that I got compliments. Until next time, keep heeling!

heelme

I can relate with your experiences! When I first began wearing heels, I went twice to an alternative lifestyle bar, thinking I'd be more comfortable there, and I didn't dare wear heels anywhere in public, except between my car and the front door, during which time my heart was pounding so hard I thought I might pop an aorta. After three hours in the bar, during which time I received precisely three comments from the TSes including "I like your boots," "nice heels," and "Woah, baby, I love your shoes), all of which were given to solicit tips, I left. I returned one more time, briefly, but that scene was just not me (too many perverts there for other reasons). After a couple of months I braved another location, this time at a normal watering hole, somewhat dimly lit, but frequented by a much more conventional crowd. It was here that I learned that a guy wearing heels is no big deal, a mild novelty, and can be an interesting conversation piece among the ladies. In fact, several women tried picking me up for no other reason than they found my sense of fashion and my inhibitions attractive (didn't take 'em up on it, but that's when I was married). These days, I lounge around in heels pretty much whether I need to be for other reasons, like McDonalds (lunch and sometimes dinner), the movie theater, the library (well, before I moved to Germany - I'm still German illiterate!), and around the house. And of course I feel far more comfortable, socially, and relationally, just doing normal things in normal places, than I did on those two occasions I tried "hiding" out with others who supposedly shared my penchant. As with your experience, I was the only conventionally-dressed male wearing heels, as the only other males wearing heels were sporting fairly well-filled c-cups, and probably wouldn't identify as being labeled a "male" anyway.

You hit the nail on the head, dr1819. I was using that venue to "hide out" and that's part of the reason I felt so comfortable that night. I'll have the opportunity to visit there again and then I'll try some of the other spots. The entire street was nothing but nightclubs and bars. And, I'll still have a little "hiding out" due to being out of my home state :roll: Enjoy!

Ok... :splat: The rest of you :drinking: are probably LYAO by now, if not :sleeping: . Concerning my last comment, I'm shamefully :roll: , but will continue to remember that SOCAL means Southern California. I used to live in NOVA, so I definately should have caught on to the abbreviation!

Hey guys, don't feel bad if you get creeped out in some gay bars. I'm gay, and I've been in some really creepy bars. Not much for the bar scene, as I tend to only go with friends, and just stick with people I know. Although, one local bar had a Goth night I used to frequent, not so much that I was into goth stuff, but I could show up dressed in -anything- and it was just fine. Worn everything form 100% vanilla wear, to full coverage latex and ballet boots. either way I could just hang out and talk to friends while listening to some decent music :roll: I'm having trouble getting up the nuts to go anywhere in town wearing my thigh boots exposed without covering my face with a bike helmet. Unfortunatly this is kinda a small area, and I've lived here for 19 years, can't seem to go anywhere without running into someone I know. That, combined with working for the family business means my actions not only affect me, it can affect my family. Not much stress there. hehe oh well btw, cracked 100 here, but it is finally starting to rain, might get some new pics soon Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Heelme -

Thanks for the post. It was great reading, as are the pictures on your WWW link.

I remember worrying, back when I wore boots under my jeans, that people might see that I had on boots with heels. Some did, most didn’t, but it was still a big worry. After I started wearing my thigh boots outside of my jeans, I quit worrying that someone would see them, the bigger concern was how people would react to a guy in thigh boots with stiletto heels. As it turn out, if you project confidence, most people really don’t care.

I’m not suggesting you immediately start wearing that great looking pair of boots outside your jeans when you go out, but try it around the house. If you like the look and are comfortable, you might give going out a try. Remember, you wont have to worry about whether someone sees your boots. :oops:

Dr1819 -

I didn’t get SOCAL either, but then I’ve lived a sheltered life. :wink:

JimC -

I’m finding 85F is about as warm as I can comfortably wear my boots and that’s if I go into an air conditioned building. In my part of the world the relative humidity keeps close to the temperature so when it gets warm it REALLY feels like it is warm.

I really do enjoy your pictures but remembering your prior post about heat stroke while working around live steam, wearing a helmet and thigh boots in 100F weather just to get some pictures isn’t worth it. Do take care. :roll:

Thighbootguy: Thanks for the kind word, the encouragement and the inspiration. I have worn these over jeans but they're just too tight. I guess if they weren't lined, they'd fit much better. The next pair will have that use in mind though.

Yesterday the wife and I were going for a motorcycle ride, but she ended up not feeling up to it. So we lounged around until about mid day when she mentioned that Sunday (today) we were going to be BBQing and needed propane and would I mind getting dressed (still in jammy bottoms) and go get refills along with lunch while I'm out. I said sure. Then I asked if she cared how I dressed and she said I didn't matter to her. She followed that up with "You're going to walk into the burger joint in your boots?" and I said that that was the idea. She said "The heels are noticeable you know, people can see them." and I said I realized that. She was fine with it. Kind of a big step really. She's been fine, well, acceptable to my wearing heels around the house but even the mention of wearing them out was met with uncomfortable silence. Since I went out the first time to the UPS depot thinking she didn't know but she did, she's come around a little and that is really important to me. I don't just want to be tolerated, I really would like her to be open to enjoying what she can with me even if it's just to watch people's reactions if there were any. The perfect thing would be for her to wear heels as well, but these days, she's a flats girl. I see the interraction this day as a step closer to that goal, adventure, whatever you want to call it. But I digress.

I put on my thighboots and jeans but this time I wear regular cotton socks as the boots instead of the thinner nylon sockette. The boots, by virtue of nearly daily wear, have loosened up a bit around the foot. It's a bit harder to get the right foot in with a sock on but it goes and I'm surprised at how much better the boot feels. As I've claimed previously, the boots fit really well to my feet, but with socks to take up that little bit of extra room I now had, there was an improvement all around. I loaded up the empty propane bottles and head out. At the propane dealer, I wait behind one customer and then get mine filled. I notice the Hispanic man doing the filling has a pair of ornate cowboy boots with about a 1-1/2" undercut heel. Interesting what another 2-1/2' means on another boot, eh? Man, I'm still not used to the price increase on fuel these days.

Twenty dollars lighter, I head down another half block to a well established lunch spot to take out some sandwiches, fries and drinks to enjoy at home. As it happened it was during the lunch hour and the place was fairly full. Nerves have not left me yet as I hesitate, kind of scanning the people I see inside to identify anyone that I might know. A minute later I stode in with confidence and up to the order window, place my order, pay and sit at an empy booth to wait. It was then I see a man sitting with several people in a large corner booth, looking at me. He's got food up to his face, but not chewing, just staring. I'm sitting facing him four or five booths away and have the opposing seat at my table blocking his view of my lower half. My guess is he saw my at the order window and was still trying to figure things out. I went about the business of waiting, looking around but seeing him looking over my way often. About then he got up to get a refill on his drink which was near my booth. If I had any doubt of why he found me interesting, it was removed then as his eyes were on my boots as soon as they came into his view. Even while getting his drink, he took furtive glances. About this time my order was ready and I went back to the counter to retrieve it. He had already gone back to his group and was talking quietly to the woman next to him with glances my way, which her eyes followed. In a way, it kind of creeped me out. I guess in my mind I was imaging the most unflattering conversation between the two. For all I know, he could have been saying to her "See the boots on that guy over there? That's the kind I want". I shook it off and headed out to the car, which was right outside the window where this group was seated and took my time getting my food and drinks in the car so they all had plenty of time to get a good look. It was a little different kind of reaction that I had anitcipated probably coming mostly from my own mind, but somehow I didn't take it as a negative. I felt wonderful having gone out again in these boots. I suspect I'll have to be running allot more errands now :roll:

heelme

I took the day off work and did a lot of yard work. I wore black leggings, a black long sleeved turtleneck, baseball cap and black leather thigh boots with flat heels. I get poison ivy by just looking at it so the long sleeved turtleneck was necessary. I started at 07:00 so it was cool enough for the long sleeves and boots. Anyway, no one in the neighborhood seemed to care. I was out in time to see everyone drive to work and no one even noticed. I did a god bit of work then decided that a day off should be spent sleeping so I crashed for a while. Later, I went out to buy some mulch. The temperature has warmed up a good bit so I wore denim shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Since I was going out I pulled on a pair of black leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos heels. I dress up to buy mulch :roll: . As I was in the line to pay for the mulch, a lady in front of me was being amused at my expense. She could hardly contain her laughter. No one else seemed to care. I also stopped at the bank and could have gone through the drive through but I went in instead. I think only one person even noticed what I was wearing. Just for fun I went to a big Goodwill (thrift ) store. I walked throughout the store and no one paid any attention. Heelme - Again thanks for the interesting post. I have had similar experiences as you at the lunch spot when I wore heels under my jeans. I think people like to experience a sense of “Gotcha” when they see something different. It becomes something like a sport for them. I never did enjoy wearing heels and trying to hide them because it made me the object of the sport. My solution was to wear thigh boot over my jeans. There is no hiding them and it kind of ruins the sport for the onlookers. If the shaft of you boots are too tight to wear over jeans, you might consider leggings. You also mentioned that the leather in the boots have stretched a little and they now fit comfortably with socks. The leather in the shaft will do the same thing so you may be able to wear them over jeans in a while.

Heelme:-) A very interesting account of your first travels out in heels while doing chores. Congrats! The more you do it, the more relaxed you will be, and the more you will enjoy being out in heels. It's fun, fun, FUN! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well I've been away from the computer a bit and in backreading this thread my congrats go out to chudbeast and heelme. Great first time experiences guys. Keep it up, it only gets better.

Even though it is getting a little warm, it was a good boot week. I’m still stopping at Bigg’s each morning wearing black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. Today being Friday (jeans at work) I wore my 5” heel boots this morning. The whole week was a non event. No body cares what kind of shoes I wear. Tonight on the way home I stopped at Home Depot to get some more mulch. I wore my boots with 4” heels and again no one seemed to care at all. My sciatic nerve has been acting up and sometimes I walk less than gracefully even in flats. I thought 4” heels while moving bags of mulch was as much as I could do today. When I stopped at Sam’s on the way home, I walked all over the store and no one said a thing until I was leaving then a young boy with his Mom and Dad walked up to me and said, “Those look like women’s shoes”. I was a little surprised but I replied, “Thank you”. This seemed to leave him a little confused. As I was going out, the clerk at the door, who I have spoken with many times, asked, “Can I ask you a personal question?” “Sure.” “Some of the folks have asked me why you wear heels?” “I like them.” “That’s good enough for me.” I walked out and thought about my answer then went back in and said, “That question deserves a better answer. Before I go out, I look in a full length mirror and I like the look I see.” “Ok I understand.” I walked back out and the kid with his parents were loading their car. From about 20 feet away he got his question right and yelled, “Are those women’s shoes?” I turned and gave him a smile and a thumbs up. I got a grin back. (He was too far away and I didn’t think he would appreciate the discussion about My shoes vs. Women’s shoes.) Nice boot week.

It's amazing thighbootguy, that children and even teenagers for the most part are actually quite easy to deal with when wearing unconventional footwear.