Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went out again today wearing a blue short sleeved knit shirt, black baseball hat, jean shorts, and my royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The goal of the day was just to go out and not sit around the house. I have a couple of days off from work and the last thing I want to do is sit around and play with the PC.

I headed out to Florence Mall again. Again the first step out of the car was the hardest. I miss timed it and school had let out and the place was full of high school kids. This is just about the toughest audience there is. Anyway, I walked around a bit and stopped in Wilson’s Leather. The sales clerk greeted me warmly and showed me where all the men’s and lady’s sale items were. I didn’t see anything I was interested in so I looked around a little more then left the store. As I walked through the Mall to the exit, I got a couple of cat calls but just ignored them. Today, either more people noticed my boots or this crowd did a poor job of ignoring me.

Next I headed for a Barnes and Noble bookstore. As I was walking across the parking lot, and old fellow (geezer) just stared at me and followed me into the store. I nodded a “Hi” to him but his expression didn’t change a lick. As I wandered around the store I did get lots of looks and a few smiles. Then I overheard someone saying (with a bit of sarcasm) “Like those shoes?” I turned to see who made the comment and it was the old guy talking to and equally old register operator. I walked around a bit more and headed out.

There is a Shoe Carnival (Discount shoe chain) next door so I walked in and looked all around. I got a couple of smiles and a lot of no reactions. I walked out and across the parking lot to my car.

Next I headed to a Best Buys (electronics and appliance store) and headed for the computer section. I n the background I heard a couple “Hey look at that” comments but I was immediately descended on by a sales girl who insisted on being helpful. I asked if they had a cable to go from USB to MIDI. She said they didn’t but I wasn’t the first to ask for one. Then just to be sure she asked the manager (with me in tow). Again, I wandered around the store and most of the sale staff had their eyes hanging out of their heads. The difference in staff training from one store to another is striking.

Next I went to the thrift emporium where I found the knee boots yesterday. They are always putting out different stuff and they don’t mind a guy in boots shopping there. I wandered around for a while and in the shoe department there was a smartly dress lady who finally spotted my boots and said, “Those are killer boots... those are really killer boots”.

“Thank you very much. ... I think that was a complement.”

“Oh it was, and you are wearing the hell out of them.” “I’ll bet you get lots of attention with them.”

“Yeah, and some of it is even good.”

We went on in different directions but a minute later I went back to her and asked, “What should you wear with these [boots]?”

“For you or for me?”

“For me.”

“Do you wear women’s clothes?”

“Yeah.”

She looked me over and said, “I’d wear tight white shorts with them. That would really make them stand out.”

I thanked her and started looking at the white shorts.

She walked up the same isle and introduced herself and told me when she was normally in the store and hoped she would see me in there again.

She was at the register when I got there and I asked her what kind of a top would look good? I told her I also had these boots in black and white. She was impressed and suggested that the top should match the boots but still with the white shorts. We bid each other a good day.

Last I went to a grocery store I sometimes go to wearing boots. I don’t go there often enough to not be something different for the staff. Anyway, I wandered around and picked up a gallon of milk and headed for the register. An older lady got into line behind me and commented what a beautiful day it was (bright sun, 78 F). I replied that it was a gorgeous day. As the clerk was ringing up my stuff, I asked the lady if my boots were too much?

“No, wear whatever you like.” “Are they comfortable?”

“Yes, very comfortable.”

I bid her a good day and walked back out to the car.

Sorry this was a bit long, but it was a good outing.

Bradinboots -

I agree that it does tale all kinds of people to make this world interesting. However I do think we have some control over what others see in us. If you project confidence, people pick up on that just as much as if you project reservation and self doubt. Being confident dose make things easier (and that goes for stuff other than wearing thigh boots).

Lethanir -

What a great looking pair of boots. Far too good looking to only wear indoors. I don’t think that is much of a heel at all and really looks nice on the boot. By the way, where did you get them?

JimC -

How can someone wearing a NIN t-shirt and trying on heels be shy?

I find that I have to wear the 5” heels a couple of time before I am really comfortable in them. After the past few days, I’m walking in them with comfort and ease. I really wasn’t kidding the lady when I told her they were very comfortable. As for changing a truck tire in 5” heels ... that’s time for the sneakers.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Here is what the blue boots and shorts looks like:

Posted Image

I also thought I would try a sleeveless shirt:

Posted Image

Any feedback is welcome.

My apologies for the quality of the images.

DawnHH -

My friend, it was a great outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went out again this afternoon. I wore a light brown short sleeved shirt, black baseballcap, jean shorts and by black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I hadn’t been to the Museum this week so I headed over. This was the first time there in shorts but I was still greeted warmly by the staff. I headed off to my favorite gallery and started working. Lots of folks noticed my boots but no one said a word. I started a conversation with a lady about the impressionist paintings we were looking at. She wondered if I was an artist, she said I looked like one. After I left the Museum I headed for Eden park just to walk around. I had on a black leotard under the shirt that has a low cut neck and I don’t have the chest of make it look good but I took off my shirt and pulled on a brown suede skirt and walked around a bit. I didn’t encounter anyone so I didn’t get any reactions but a few heads did turn as they drove by. I pulled the shirt back on but kept the skirt and headed for the thrift emporium where I had the delightful conversation yesterday. I looked around for a while and did find a pair of white shorts as the lady recommended. Only one guy did a double take as I walked by, other than that I got no reaction at all. When I got to the register there was a long line and unfortunately no one interesting to talk to. The manager who told me “I don’t care what you wear” was running the register. I told her I was taking her up on her offer of “wearing what I wanted”. She gave me a nice smile and said, “ “It doesn’t bother me any.” “How does it look?” “It look all right.” “If people don’t like it they don’t have to look.” I thanked her and she said, “You should wear what you are comfortable in”. That is so close to what I have been preaching about being comfortable with you look that I was amazed. Another good outing.

Hey TBG, great to hear about your adventures. From what I can see in your photo's, the heel height/foot length ratio may not hold steady through all of pleasers sizes. My 5" boots are high enough the top arch of my foot sticks out like a lump in the line from my shin to my toes. Although your boots do look a bit higher then my 4" pleaser boots. The pleasers do seem to be a bit steeper then my only other pair of 5" boots, made by Ellie, I think.. the inexpencive stretch knee boots. oh well. Still fun to practice in, but I doubt I will be able to cover much distance in them. My 4" boots are very comfortable to walk in. Have fun Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

There may be something to the old expression “absence makes the heart grow fonder”. I was off work last week so I didn’t make my morning grocery stop. When I started again Monday and today I was wearing tan slacks and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. Both mornings members of the staff have made the extra effort to bid me good morning and offer a nice smile. This past weekend I had to go to Portsmouth Ohio to do some roofing and plumbing for a friend. I traveled wearing a short sleeved shirt, white shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. These really are comfortable boots to drive in. I took jeans and my flat heeled thigh boots with me. These flat heeled boots are what I wear when I’m doing any kind of yard or house work so their starting to look a little scruffy. As Shafted advised us, high heels on a ladder are not a good idea and heels on a roof would be crazy. The flat heeled boots have a rubber sole and were exactly the right foot ware for being on a roof. They do lack a steel shank so standing on a ladder for long would be a problem. While I was in Portsmouth I had to go to Lowes (hardware chain store). I looked over the parking lot and didn’t see too many pickup trucks with gun racks so switched from the flat heeled boots to a pair of black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and walked in. A lot of people really didn’t notice but several did and they weren’t shy about looking down at my boots then back up at me. Most of the time I just gave them a smile and a nod and went on my way. I didn’t hear any comments at all. I was in the store for at least 20 minutes wandering up and down the isles and asking the staff where stuff was. I had a great time.

I noticed something yesterday morning that I thought I’d pass along. I walked out to the car to go to work and I was wearing my regular guy shoes. When I got into the car I turned on the radio and was listening to the news.. When I pulled out of the driveway, I was wearing a pair of black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I hadn’t even noticed I had changed shoes. I have seen several accounts of women putting on thigh boots where the act of putting them on was a big deal and something guys really got excited about watching (or putting them on themselves). I have been wearing my boots so often that there is now nothing special about putting them on. They really are just another pair of shoes.

As they should be, in my opinion. They are your shoes, and should be 'just another choise of footwear'. Although, thigh boots are a fun choise of footwear. I almost wore mine while shopping in Orlando yesterday, unfortunatly it was 95 degree's and I'd already been cooked working that morning, so I was not in the mood to cook some more. oh well, will have to wear them more often at night, or get a white pair :D have fun Jim

TBG:-) Your confidence is high if you pull your thighboots on in the car and not realise that you have done that. Therefore, you are practicing just what you have been preaching here. It's just another pair of shoes to you and very normal for you to be wearing them out in public. Now, that's confidence, my man. Cudos again. There are a lot of board members here that wish that they could do what you do day in and day out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey guys, I finally made it back to that nature walk, this time with my 5"(+) thigh boots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I didnt make it for the entire 1/2 mile walk this time, got to about the half way point and decided it would be a good time to take the pics. I was getting a little wobbly by the time I did make it back.

Oh well, need to practice more in these boots :D

Seeya

Jim

JimC –

A nature trail in 5” thigh boots, what a great show for the little furry critters along the trail. :D

What kind of surface is the trail? If it’s a soft surface, you have to work harder to walk in stiletto heels because the heel will offer little to no support. If it’s an uneven surface it can be almost as bad as a soft surface. Stilettos really were designed for walking on hard flat surfaces.

Still in all, it sounds like a fun outing. I’m sure the critters enjoyed it.

dr1819 –

I wholeheartedly agree.

You should be able to see the synthetic wood planks I am standing on in the photo's, the entire walk is on those. While it is a solid surface there is concern about catching a heel tip in between the planks, so it's not exactly the smoothest most relaxing walk you could imagine :D That, and there is usually someone new in the parking lot by the time you get back. The last time I went through in 4" boots there was a school bus sitting in the parking lot, fortunatly it was just the driver going over some paperwork and not a busload of children. Seeya Jim

This has been a good ie. uneventful boot wearing week. Each morning I have stopped at Bigg’s wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. I got very little if any reaction at all. Today being Friday, I wore jeans and my black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels to Bigg’s in the morning and then shopping at Sam’s Club on the way home. At Sam’s the cashier incorrectly rang up an item by $40 and I didn’t notice the error until I had already paid. That meant we had to get a manager to take me to the service desk for a refund. I went through all the processing wearing boots with 5” heels as though this was what I wore all the time and no one even batted an eye. The clerks I knew at the store asked if I had gotten everything straightened out and presented the friendly faces I have come to enjoy at the store. In the evenings this week I have had to walk up the street to a friends house to feed the cats. The street is well lit and there is a lot of traffic driving by but there are no other pedestrians so I have taken the opportunity to wear my new black stretch fabric knee boots. A couple of times I wore them over black leggings, and a couple of time I wore a full, ankle length ,black leather skirt that covers a lot of the boots but they look great when I walk. It’s still cool enough in the evenings to wear a long leather skirt. JimC - I don’t know why your pictures hadn’t been displaying on my system until tonight but I finally saw them and the boots look great. I really like the “nothing fancy just boots, jeans, and cool shades” look. I now understand how you could take a “nature trail” in 5” heels. I had envisioned the trail as being a dirt trail in the woods. The kind where a park ranger gives tours with lines like “Let’s look at the moss on this tree, and you folks, standing over there in the poison ivy, might want to step a little closer so you can see the moss a little better.” :D

I decided to try a new avitar. And, yes I do have a pair that tall.

I ran across a site that has hundreds of pictures of a guy that loves boots. URL Removed by Thighbootguy This may be more appropriate on the CD forum but he does have some nice boots.

I ran across a site that has hundreds of pictures of a guy that loves boots. bleep bleep bleep This may be more appropriate on the CD forum but he does have some nice boots.

I went back for a second look, he has some amazing outfits and boots, but I noticed it's a little bit rude!

I had a good boot weekend. Saturday I did some yard work and wore my black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. Not overly practical but fun. Sunday I had to go to Portsmouth Ohio to help a friend with some house repairs. I wore my black leather thigh boots with 5” heels and a short skirt for traveling then changed into jeans and the same boots to stop in a Goodwill (thrift store) in Portsmouth. I found another pair of white shorts that will look great with boots. I got a couple of funny looks but for the most part I was just ignored. Before I got to my friends house I changed into flat heeled boots. I worked for a couple of hours then had to go to Lowe’s for some stuff so I pulled on my 4”heel boots and walked in. Most to the time people ignore me but this time it seemed like it was “look at the guy in thigh boots with heels “day. It seemed like everyone in the store managed to stop and look at me. There was one old coot that gave me a hard stare as I walked in. Normally I nod and smile to recognize the interest, but this guy wasn’t worth the effort and I just ignored him. Other than all the attention the trip was uneventful. On the way home I wore the white shorts and my 5” heeled boots and a long black cardigan sweater. I stopped at Mjyers for gas and then went into the store for some stuff (I didn’t really need anything, I just wanted to see how the white shorts and thigh boots worked). The lady that recommended white shorts knew what she was talking about. The outfit did look good and the contrast of the white shorts and black sweater and boots was striking. Lots of folks noticed. When I got to the register the clerk couldn’t really see my heels and asked me, “Have you been fishing?” I turned my foot to show the heel and said, “No, not in these”. Then I asked, “Are they too much?” She replied very quickly, “Oh no, not at all.” It was a fun trip.

that reminds of one time when i was wading in my boots and leather and these 2 dudes in a little fishing boat passed closed by. i was about in about waist deep water and it was very clear. they could see my entire outfit. one of them said "thats some fishing outfit you have on...catch anything yet?" i replyed,no,i had not. the other dude just nodded and said.."probably scared all the fish away"

Hey guys, picked up a pair of 'almost' thigh boots. They are a pair of Miss Sixty round toe, thicker heel boots that go just above the knee. They have a 4.5" heel, and are very soft leather lined. Picked them up for $50 at Nordstrom Rack. Unfortunatly I do not have pics yet, and have yet to find something online. These should be a good intermediate step between the 4" heels I have and the 5" thigh boots I have, so it may not be long before I can wander around in public wearing the 5" heels. As for thigh boots, I just won an ebay auction for what appears to be a pair of The Little Shoe Box thigh high ballet boots. Have fun guys Jim