Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hi everyone,

Just sharing some pics from the other day. These were taken by Cathy just after we returned hoem from a day of walking around downtown, lunch, coffee at Starbucks etc.

These Boots are the Little Shoe Box fetish pair, soft balck leather, inside zipper up to the knee, and a 5 inch stiletto heel.

david

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/iloveboots1/Black%20Little%20Shoe%20Box%20Inside%20Zipper%20THBs/100_0416.jpg

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I fail to understand why TBG can't wear a dress & heels if he wants to and feels comfortable and at one with himself - it might not be accepted by society, it might not be a great look, but it's up to him or anyone else as an individual.

What I'm getting at is this: I and everyone else who contributes here are individuals. Is there a collective whole that I, TBG, you or anyone else can harm? The main thing I'd consider if I ever thought of going out wearing a dress and heels, or just the dress, is my personal safety and freedom from physical attack, and is one of the main considerations when I wear heels outside my house - that and the feelings of Mrs. F, who's concerned about what our friends and even complete strangers might think of my garb.

By quoting me, I take it you are inferring that I meant that TBG can't wear a dress and heels if he wants...well, thats not what I said at all. The question that I framed in quotes was rhetorical in nature and not directed at anyone in particular--especially TBG who has been preaching caution for years.

By using the words "collective whole" I am not referring to the Official Freestyle Fashion Society of HHPLACE.ORG. Of course I am an individual and so is anyone else in here. No disagreeing with that. But not everyone outside of our forum necessarily distinguishes the bad apples from the good. They stereotype because it is easy. "Collective whole" thus refers to the stereotypes of men in heels that society holds. Alot of people stereotype us to be perverts, weirdos, outcasts of society. If I can overcome those stereotypes, then I can make it easier for the next guy and the next guy and thus improve the "collective whole"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs) I realise you're not saying TBG can't go out wearing a dress & heels, and that you're directing your comments to all of us. What I think you're saying is "guys don't go out looking stupid or else you'll damage the cause and promote negative stereotypes of male heel wearing" Whatever people think of me is their own business. I am a pretty conservative dresser, I've got no desire to wear a dress, I'm sure I'd look stupid in one. What I am defending is peoples' right to go out looking stupid, without worrying about what damage am I doing to the freestyle fashion movement. There are wierdos in the world, there could well be some who wear heels, but wierdness isn't defined only by eccentricities of dress, it's much more a matter of the state of someone's attitudes, mental health and general wellbieing. Also a picture often doesn't convey everything, what one man can get away with because of confidence and personality another can't. Last summer we had a bike courier come to the office wearing a dress. I wasn't there to see him, but a couple of my male colleagues were quite complimentary. He pulled it off with aplomb - another similarly good looking young man might not have. I think one of my colleagues was secretly jealous of him - and wished he had the guts to do it. When I wear heels visibly I feel that vibe from some of the men who observe me. Apologies for getting this thread off topic, it's supposed to be about wearing thigh boots, sorry! My next post here will be about that very subject.

ILoveBoots:-) Indeed---a good looking pair of leather thigh boots. It appears, from the character lines in the toebox and ankle part of the shafts, that you have worn them quite a few times and they look good on you. It also appears that you are getting a lot of enjoyment out of wearing them. And that's the way it should be. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I went back to the movie theatre wearing by blue boots and jeans. I was still 30 minutes early so I walked around the town square. I was mostly ignored but there were a few giggly girls but for the most part is was an enjoyable walk.

The only person tat spoke to me was one of the police who patrol the downtown in bicycles. We bid each other a good day but I noticed that he had stopped and I was the center of his attention as I walked around. Although I felt no threat from his attention, looking back on the situation, I should have felt even safer with that attention. I just went on my way and into the theatre.

Once I was past the lobby, the theatre was dark enough that nobody noticed my boots. The movie was great (King Cong all 3 hr and 12 min of it). I chatted with then security guard as I left the theatre then walked back across the square and to my car.

I headed back to the Italian restaurant and was again warmly greeted by the staff. After another great meal I walked down the Barnes and Noble bookstore and wandered around and found a book to read now that class was over. I headed back to the hotel and crashed.

Yesterday I went to National Gallery in Washington DC. I wore a long sleeved white shirt, jeans, and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and a tan leather jacket. In my opinion the outfit looked good.

The best way to get to DC from Reston is to take the 5A Metro bus. This is an express run that go from DB to Dulles airport every hour. There are normally a lot of people on this bus. I drove to the local park and ride stop for this bus and waited for it to arrive. None of the other folks seemed to be bother by a guy in thigh boots and even spoke to me about where the bus stopped.

On the bus every one noticed my boots but no one said a word.

The bus stop in DC is about 6 blocks from the mall area where the museums are located and that walk was the only part of the trip that had me concerned at all. Most of the folks gave me a good look and that was it. When I got into DC I found I was about 45 minutes early. The museums hadn’t opened so I walked around in the public sculpture gardens. Again everyone noticed and no one said a word. It is fun to watch peoples eyes as they pass. First they look at you, then it’s down to the boots to be sure of what they are seeing.

I was one of the first into the museum and I’ll not take you on the whole tour but two of the guards commented that they liked my shoes. After walking around for over an hour my feet started to bother me.

The sidewalks in DC are made of aggregate and left with a rough pebble surface. They are not flat and the bumpy surface can be easily felt through the soles of my boots. I hadn’t realized what this was doing to balls of my feet.

After another hour in the museum, my feet hurt but it was still too early to go home. I sat down for a while then went to the restaurant for lunch. After lunch my feet and I felt better (but still sore) and I went on my way again. I walked aroungd the museum for a while longer then over to the Museum of Science and Industry, which was closed the last time I was in DC, only to find it was still closed. I walked around another sculpture garden and then to the Air and Space Museum. Here I did find a spot to sit down for a few minutes.

There was one exhibit I did want to see about computers in flight design (They had a CRAY and a DEC Vax on display). A young girl walked up and asked if she could take my picture. I said sure and pulled my boots up so they looked good. She then handed the camera to someone else and walked up and posed with me. A few minutes later anothey kid ask me if he could take my picture for a school project? I told hin to, “Give me a break” and walked away.

I walked back to the bus stop and saw the bus was already there. I was early but there were people already on the bus so I ran the last half block to be sure I didn’t miss it. It turns out the driver was just letting people on early. Anyway, I was glad to sit down for the hour trip. My feet were actually swollen.

When I got back to the hotel, I propped my feet up for a couple of hours and read until it was time to go out for dinner. Since thei was my last night in town I thought “why not” and went out to dinner wearing a shiny white blouse, black blazer, black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, and a black mid calf cloth skirt with a slit that went up to the knee. The outfit was conservative and looked good.

At the restaurant there was a 15 minute wait so I sat down for a few minutes, then walked over and sat at the bar and had a beer while I was waiting. The football game (Redskins in the playoffs) got far more attention than I did.

Dinner and the drive back to the hotel were non eventful.

Today I head home.

iloveboots –

Indeed, a great looking pair of boots. What makes this pair a "fetish pair" apart from your other boots?

fogborkenvv -

kneehighs –

Be yourself.

Be cautious and aware of your surroundings.

Try not to upset others.

Life is too short for much else.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sounds like you had a good time around DC, thighbootguy. Kudos!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thighbootguy:-) It sounds like you had a "smashing" time in DC. The next time you are going for an extended walk on those kinds of pavements in high heels, put a pair of insoles into your boots, if you don't have any in there. They will take care of the toe burn for you. I have some of my boots that have a pair of insoles in them, some that don't need them, and some that have two pairs of them in them. Even though we have done extensive walking in heels constantly, the different pavements sometimes gives us problems. Maybe it is the thin soles on the boots. Some women get toe burn also from time to time, but I find that the insoles keeps my legs and feet quite comfortable. Congrats to you on your successful tours of the DC museums and enjoy your trip back home. Cheers--- Dawn HH

The trip home was fun. I was having a hard time deciding on what to wear for the trip so I tried several looks as I was taking stuff out to the car. I tried, chap boot and jeans, ankle boots and leather skirt, thigh boots and skirt, and I finally settled on blue thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels jeans, long sleeved blue dress shirt over a black turtle neck and a tan suede leather jacket. This was similar to the outfit I wore into DC but these boots had 5” heels.

When I checked out of the hotel the clerk didn’t even bat an eye.

I stopped for gas at a pay at the pump station. The guy that got out of a car at the next pump did a double take and went on his way.

I stopped at a rest stop to use the “facilities” and got a couple of looks as I walked in. It seems that young boys tend to stare at me. I guess they think something is wrong and aren’t sure what to do about it.

The rest stop was really a visitor’s center for major construction event on I-68 called Sliding Hill. I walked the trail up to the observation point. The wind was strong and cold enough to make walking and seeing difficult so there wasn’t anyone else on the trail. The last time I was here (several months ago) I didn’t want to go very from the car wearing my boots. What a difference a little time makes.

The next stop was a Cracker Barrel (family style restaurant) for lunch. Both the hostess and my waitress said they liked my boots. My waitress asked if they were leather and where you could get them. I told her about several web sites that she could visit and asked her if she ever used e-bay? I told her what to search fro there and she told me she normally looks for purses and jeans. After we talked for a little longer I asked her if she was going to get a pair and she said she was going to look. I hope she does. They would look great on her.

As I left I walked past her and said, “And yes, I can walk on a 5” heel”. She laughed and we bid each other a good day.

The next stop was an uneventful stop for gas.

I stopped at a rest area around Columbus Ohio to use the “facilities” and again got a couple of surprised looks. As I was leaving there were two maintenance guys coming into the rest room with ladders. I saw their reflection in the door as I was leaving as they turned and stared at the guy in thigh boots.

My last stop was at a Bob Evans (family style) restaurant and I decided to sit at the counter rather than in a booth. This turned out to be a lot of fun. I did notice that when the cook came out of the kitchen to talk to one of the managers at a side table, she had a camera phone pointed at me. She put it away when I glanced over her way. I’m sure all the waitresses say my boots but no one said a word.

The trip home was a good end for a week spent wearing my boots whenever I could.

DawnHH-

The boots I wore into DC did have insoles in them but my 220 pounds on the balls of my feet were too much for them to absorb on the rough pavement. Another problem that occurs after wearing boots for a while is that stockings tend to pull tight on my feet and cause my toes to be pulled together. I normally leave a lot of extra room around my toes when I pull on stockings but it always manages to pull tight after a while. There wasn’t a convenient place to take my boots off make adjustments.

Even with sore feet, I had a great time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Love the part with the camera phone. You should have offered to pose for a pic. :D

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Last week I went shopping, very conscious of how small my bank balance was, looking for bargains in the sales. What I couldn’t leave in the shop was a pair of pale brown knee high boots with 6” gold cuffs which when pulled up came over my knees and a couple of inches up my thighs. The heels were about 3 ½” The service I had in Office in Croydon was remarkably friendly. I’m always a bit wary of male assistants, but here I shouldn’t have been. I took a while deciding whether to buy them and walked round the shop for about ten minutes. I told him, I’m not going to buy them unless I wear them out of the shop. I was wearing a smart black coat with just a lacy camisole (well covered by a scarf) under it. The rest of the assistants were female and they all assured me that it was a good look and that I should go for it, (they would wouldn’t they?), but I felt they were being genuine. They’d certainly noticed me trying on the boots, I sat there for what seemed like ages while he found the other boot, only to come back with the wrong one – so another wait. By this time I didn’t care that I was sitting near the entrance of a shoe shop in the middle of Croydon with one high heeled boot that came over my knees on. When I had both boots on my confidence grew my coat came over the top of the boots, solicited opinions of the outfit, been assured it was a good look, paid my £50 and headed out.

I carried on with my shopping, I went back to a shop where I’d tried on a pair of shorts in a size 12 that I’d been undecided about and bought them. The assistants there told me they liked the boots and the whole look. There was very little reaction to my boots outside, apart from the usual eyes up, down, up and a smile. A girl on a coffee stand broke into a broad smile when she saw me and said “Nice boots”. The reaction from men who noticed was interesting, I’m sure there was a feeling of jealousy coming from some of them, a feeling of “I wish I had the guts to do that”. I believe there are so many men out there who’d love to wear heels, but never will.

Posted Image

That's more or less the sort of look, I wore a slightly longer one that day, the one in the photo is Mrs F's.

All in all a very fun experience, which I will repeat and completely different to wearing heels discretely. Yesterday evening I wore a pair of mid-calf 2” kitten heel boots outside my trousers, shopping in Oxford Street and didn’t get any reaction. I think there’s something special about boots that extend over the knees, although the colour contrast helped make them noticeable.

fogborkenvv –

That sounds like a great shopping trip. It sounds like you had fun shopping on a budget. It reminded on the first pair of thigh boots I ever bought (over 20 years ago). I didn’t have the nerve to try them on in the store back then. Now I wouldn’t buy a pair of shoes/boots in a store without trying them on. Its all part of the fun.

What style heel did the boots have?

Thank you TBG. Unfortunately for me £50 is not budget at the moment! The heels are quite broad, rounded at the back and covered with leather. It was great fun wearing them around Croydon, with the light colour and being higher than my coat, there was no mistaking what I was wearing. I was surprised at not getting any reaction to almost knee length boots worn outside the trousers last night. Well I did get one reaction, I was about to start trying on a pair of quite flambuoyant ladies black and red silky shorts in River Island, when a sales assistant opened the door, I'd walked in without asking as there was no one around. The look on the lad's face was priceless.

Hey guys.. spent a few hours in my thigh boots this morning. Had to run to the ATM before leaving for work, so I decided to ride the bike instead of drive.

Posted Image

Then while driving to miami I made a stop at a small park to check out the birds and aligators.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunatly it was a bit too warm when I was done working to wear my boots without standing out even more then a guy wearing thigh boots would stand out.. 80+F... oh well

Have fun

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hey guys.. spent a few hours in my thigh boots this morning. Had to run to the ATM before leaving for work, so I decided to ride the bike instead of drive.

Posted Image

Jim

Now that's the only way to travel :-)

It's a little dark but I can see it's a Suzuki - kind of looks like an RM/RMX dirt/dual sport. What is it?

Keep the rubber side down (soles and tyres :-) ).

Yea, its a Suzuki DRZ400S.. I got in alot of trouble/injuries on sportbikes, so I figure dual sports would be alot safer in the long run :D I was hoping for better lighting.. Will have to do a daylight run soon. Jim

Thighbootguy:-) Thanks for the up-date. I don't have that particular problem with my pantyhose that you mentioned. My heels aren't as high as yours are. I have less incline of the foot to contend with. My pantyhose feet stay put all day long for me. They also have a lot of spandex and a wider toe part for diabetic feet. Fogborkenvv:-) Your shopping adventure on a budget sounds like you had an enjoyable day with favorable comments. Congrats! JimC:-) Your thighboots and your bike seem to go together great. A very nice look for you. Have you thought of trying this during daylight? Just remember one thing---keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I have not had much time to ride durring the day except on weekends when my b/f and I go trail riding.. I was considering heading out tonight to get some pics around town, but a few things slowed me down, so I will see if I have time. Thanks Jim

JimC-

I don’t know what happened but it looks like the pictures on the previous page have vanished. That’s a real shame, especially the one on the motorcycle. I’m getting a little too old to start riding a cycle and now, but I wish I could because it sure does look great.

I’m looking forward your next set of pictures.

They are still loading for me. Try putting http://balletboots.net/hhplace/biketb1.jpg , http://balletboots.net/hhplace/tbglades1.jpg , and http://balletboots.net/hhplace/tbglades2.jpg into your browser and see if that works.

I did wear my thigh boots a bit more this morning. I stopped at the same park pictured in some earlier photos and walked the path on top of the levee for about 3/4 mile or so (away and back, total) and intended to do so again on the way home after cutting up some gell insoles to fit in the boots. After my experience walking up/down the edge of the levee in 4" heels I decided against the idea and just wandered around the lower area of the park. The gel insoles had a definate improvement, I am looking forward to finding out how far I can comfortably walk in them now, but will have to wait till I get back from NY.

Btw.. I know NYC is a great place to wear my boots, but since my b/f nor the friends we are visiting are heel fans, I'm leaving them at home for now.

I may be in San Diego again. I will bring them on that trip.

Jim

JimC-

I don’t know what happened but it looks like the pictures on the previous page have vanished. That’s a real shame, especially the one on the motorcycle. I’m getting a little too old to start riding a cycle and now, but I wish I could because it sure does look great.

I’m looking forward your next set of pictures.

I've seen 70+ year olds learn to ride. Many in their 50s and 60s. And it is fun - the only way to travel.

Good Morning Jim....

I was away a few days and missed your post. Awesome photo's and it looked like a great ride! Love the look of hogh heel Boots with the Bike....

Florida, can't think of a better place to wear Boots!

Will be heading to Mexico at the end of the month and our Boots are packed!

Thank you for the update Jim, very cool!

david

Posted Image

Then while driving to miami I made a stop at a small park to check out the birds and aligators.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunatly it was a bit too warm when I was done working to wear my boots without standing out even more then a guy wearing thigh boots would stand out.. 80+F... oh well

Have fun

Jim

Good Morning Jim....

I was away a few days and missed your post. Awesome photo's and it looked like a great ride! Love the look of hogh heel Boots with the Bike....

Florida, can't think of a better place to wear Boots!

Will be heading to Mexico at the end of the month and our Boots are packed!

Thank you for the update Jim, very cool!

david

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have fun

Jim

HeelsRus:-) This is one 70's plus guy that you won't find learnng to ride a bike. I prefer to have 4 wheels under me. That way, if I have 2 up in the air and 2 on the ground, then I'm not air-born. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Yesterday was a museum day. I spent the afternoon at the Cincinnati Art Museum which was a real treat since I hadn’t been able to do that for a while. I wore blue jeans, a black turtleneck, and royal blue leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

The walk in from the parking lot got a few glances but nothing exceptional. In the museum, several of the guards and docents greeted me warmly and commented that they hadn’t seen me for a while. The parking lot was unexpectedly full and I asked a guard what was going on and she told me about an event that was being held in the auditorium. I think most of the people were in there but there was still a good crowd milling about. I had to ask where the folding stools were and the guard got on her radio and asked. She finally located where they were being stored and directed me to that area. Off I went to the museum’s grand hall. This is a two story high large open area with dual curved staircases going to the second floor. I picked up a stool and walked through the area and up one of the stairways to one of my favorite galleries to start sketching.

There were lots of folks that came through the gallery and I’m sure they noticed me but no one said a word and I really did get wrapped up in what I was doing.

Cincinnati fountain square is being rebuilt and the

Posted Image

9’ tall statue of a woman from the top of the 43’ fountain is on display at the top of the stairways in the grand hall. I parked my stool at the top of the stairs and started sketching. This was probably the busiest intersection in the museum but it was also the best view. Again I got a couple of glances but that was it.

I went into another gallery and a guard told me my favorite gallery (where I normally start) was closed for renovation. We chatted for a few minutes and she seemed genuinely glad to see me.

When I finished sketching, I went back across the grand hall and put my stool away then wandered around the museum for another half hour or so.

After the museum I went grocery shopping a t a store I don’t frequent often. That meant people there weren’t used to seeing me and I had to look around to find the stuff I wanted. Very few people even noticed.

After that I went through Famous Footware. I really have to find a better store since that rarely have anything above a 10 and their boot selection was down to 2 styles.

I also went through a large discount store and looked around. This place was crowded and several people took a second glance.

My slot stop was a small store at the other end of the strip mall and I walked down and back. I didn’t notice anyone paying any attention to me.

All in all a very nice afternoon.

JimC -

Thanks for reposting the image links. It must have been a “feature” of my browser that prevented me from seeing the originals (they work fine now). It sounds like your having fun with your thigh boots. I haven’t tried the gel insoles yet but the at minimum the foam ones are a requirement.

This week I have been pushing my envelop a little further. I wrote about it in the That's it .... default mode is skirt and heels. thread since I’ve been messing around with skirts again.

This is Friday and that’s “jeans at work” so I did my morning grocery stop wearing jeans and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. This is one of my favorite combinations.

There were two new register clerks on duty and neither of them had ever seen me in my boots before. The young lady that waited on me saw me approaching the register and made eye contact then gave me a big smile. We chatted as she rang up my stuff but she made no mention of my boots.

I think there is value in my posting outings that say:

• I went out wearing my boots

• I had fun

• Nobody seemed to care

This kind of post may encourage others to try it or at least take some of the fear out of trying it.

Happy Heeling

TBG,

I love reading your storys on your outings, and the comments you get.

Not always material to reply on, but keep them comming.

C

Same here. I don't always respond, but I always read.

Same here. I don't always respond, but I always read.

Me too! I don't fall into the category of a Thigh Boots in Public Freestyler, but I sure do find your stories interesting and well written.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.