Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I last posted, have missed everyone. In addition to being really busy we also spent five days on a "Boot" vacation in San Francisco from April 24-28th. It was a blast! The only footwear we took with us were thigh high high heel Boots!!

I brought six different pairs of thigh Boots from my collection. On the first day we spent most of the day shopping around Union Sq. I wore black jeans tucked into the Cristina thigh high Boots that i love, they have a 4 inch heel, and they are awesome to walk in.

Day two we spent in the "Fetish" area around 7th and 8th Streets near Folsom st. We stopped in to many stores. I wore the outfit I am wearing in the pics at the "www" link below at photobucket, I have also attached one pic, the "small1'. This pair of Boots is a custom made pair from Little Shoe Box in the UK, crotch high soft lambskin leather with a 5 inch stiletto heel. That same day we went to the movie "Kinky Boots" in the same outfit, it was a hit! Many of the movie goers stopped after the show to chat about my Boots etc. We then went to a few clubs and had a wild time !!

The third day we spent around Fishermans Wharf and I wore my Little Shoe Box black suede crotch high Boots over black jodphurs you see in the other pic. There were at least a half dozen requests from folks to take our picture. cathy was wearing a pair of black elatehr thigh high Boots as well over black jodphurs. That evening we went to a couple of shows and danced the night away.

It was an awesome trip as usual.

david

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Sounds like you had a great time, iloveboots! I also plan to wear a pair of "Kinky Boots" to the showing of the film when it gets here soon. I just love stirring the pot to see what happens.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

ILoveBoots:-) It sounds like you two had a tremendous time on your trip. Cudos to your both. The two pics that your posted are great. You look good in that outfit. JMO---but I like the look with the leather thighhighs over the suede---then again, I'm not much on suede even though they are thighhighs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have started a new thread on Boots and Skirts in Public over on the CD forum. I didn’t want to take this thread on thigh boots in a very different direction.

Iloveboots -

Sounds like a great trip and I have been missing your posts.

MrTom -

Welcome to the forum

I think if you read around on this forum you will find that most of us think that fashion freestyling is not in indictment of being stupid or a transvestite. Most of us really enjoy the look.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Some time ago I posted that I had epoxied a penny to the toe of my black leather thigh boots with 5” heels because I was wearing a hole in the upper of the toe.

Posted Image

The other day I noticed how much ware I had put on the penny. I may have to grind them off and replace them.

Posted Image

Over half the thickness of the penny is gone and the leading edge is completely gone.

I don't think I "walk funny" in these boots but I must be putting a lot of pressure on the toe as I walk.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have also noticed that the toe seems to be the highest wear point of the the sole..

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I was looking around on the WEB for someone else’s experiences wearing thigh boots in public and came across this posting.

MariaD

For me some of the most exhilarating moments I've had have been when I've worn thigh length high-heeled boots in public. I can't easily articulate the emotions I experience when I've done this, but I suppose it's a mixture of fear and excitement. The stares, the outraged looks, the gasps, the whistles...

The best time to do this for maximum effect is during the day, doing something fairly normal such as shopping for clothes. You can only really do this somewhere like central London. It's best to be alone - if a partner is with you then the presumption may be that you're wearing them for him, whereas if you're on your own then you must be wearing them for their own sake. You need to be oblivious to the reactions; start exchanging glances and you're going to look like a hooker seeking some business. You have to act as though wearing thigh boots to shop in is the most normal thing in the world.

I like to go out in a fashionable half-length coat that ends about two or three inches above the tops of my boots. The feeling as I walk along the street with my metal heel ends clicking on the pavement is almost indescribable.

I should warn that you need to be extremely confident to do this, and you must be able to walk effortlessly in high heels. I mean effortlessly. Any indication that you're struggling to walk, or if there's no elegance and poise in your walk, and you will ruin the effect.

Maybe one day a psychologist will explain to me why I find this such a turn on.

The experience was so close to my own I couldn’t believe it (especially the bit about being confident), and I thought it was worth sharing.

Today was a good boot day.

It started with a shopping trip to Bigg’s but I wrote about that in the Boots and Skirt in Public thread.

I went to the Museum wearing a white top, blue denim shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. Earlier I had been wearing hose, a denim jacket, and a skirt.

I walked in from the parking lot like I owned the place (I am a member). There were several students drawing the building and they were so caught up in their work they didn’t notice me at all. When I got in I was greeted by the guard and asked him where the stools were. I got a stool and headed for a painting on the second floor I wanted to sketch. No one batted an eye as I walked through the museum.

Other than the boots, this outfit doesn’t have as much going on as the one I had on earlier.

I worked and walked around for about an hour and spoke with a guard I hadn’t seen before about how a painting looked different with the sun out (the gallery has defused sky lights) than it does under the museum lighting. He said he hadn’t noticed before but did see what I meant. He didn’t bat an eye at my boots.

As I left the museum I was feeling pretty good and I headed home through downtown Cincinnati. I wanted to stop at Payless to see if the downtown store had anything I was interested in. I found a parking place about three blocks from the store and was ready to walk back when I discovered I didn’t have any change on me at all. Since Cincinnati is not a place to park at an expired meter, I had to head home.

Oh well, It was a fun outing anyway.

crotchboots-m

Absolutely.

Yes, but one expects some support from the heel of the foot. Gets pretty tiring going on tiptoe and maintaining balance, with a tendency to fall over backward if you put your heels down! The sand can really scuff up the heels, also. I usually do it on/in dirt, and hope the heels don't get stuck.

Another good boot day.

Today I went out wearing a short sleeved blue knit shirt, baseball cap, jeans, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

The first stop was the Art Museum. The front desk guard greeted me like a long lost friend and I picked up a stool and headed for the second floor. I started sketching and a guard that had spoken to me before, but hadn’t seen be for several mounts, struck a long conversation about art and how we both got into liking art. I was there for about two hours and had a great time.

Next I went to a Payless that I had never been to before that CincyHeelLover recommended as carrying larger sized. Walking across the parking lot a guy asked if I had a light but made no mention of my boots. CincyHeelLover was right, lots of larger sizes but I didn’t see anything I really wanted. As I was leaving I asked the manager if they normally carry 13s and she said they did then offered that they got deliveries on Tuesday and Thursday. I thanked her and walked back to the car. The guy in the lot was still looking for a light but we exchanged nods as I left.

Next I went to a large Salvation Army thrift store. As I was walking in I heard, “OhhhEee look at dem boots” from a lady in a passing car, but it was meant as a complement (at least I took it that way). T walked all around the store and got no notice at all. As I left I heard a “What the...” from a guy sitting in the parking lot but didn’t acknowledge it.

I drove to an upper scale shopping center and walked into a Shoe Carnival and was greeted by the manager. I looked all around and would have been in heaven if I wore a size 6. As I left the manager asked, “You didn’t see anything you liked?”

“Not today.”

“Well have a good one and come back.”

I drove across the parking lot (big lot) to Joseph Beth Bookseller and went in looking for a computer book. I sat on a bench in the book racks and read for a few minutes then left but I did spend some time looking over the bargain bins outside the front door.

Finally I drove into downtown Cincinnati and found a parking space 2 blocks form the Payless. I parked and walked to the store. This included crossing a busy street in the middle of the block (that’s where the cross walk is). I got a couple of glances. In the store I overheard someone say “nice boots” but I didn’t see who said it.

On the way back to the car I did pick up a couple of hecklers (at least I think all the noise was for me) but I ignored them.

I walked passed Sun Wigs (cheep wigs and hair stuff) and thought why not look. I walked in and looked around and the manager asked if she could help me. I asked if she had a shoulder length with a bang that would match my hair (gray). She came up with nice light blond that I might go back and try. (didn’t have the money today). While I was in these one of the sales clerks called out to her friend (who was trying on a wig), “Hey look at these boots”.

Her friend said,” I could never walk in heels”.

“It just takes practice” I offered.

I left with pleasant greeting all around and headed back to the car.

A really nice outing.

JimC -

Great Photo

DawnHH -

BobHH -

Yep soft ground can really keep you on your toes and does make balance a problem. On the other hand it is good practice, and makes walking on solid ground seem like a breeze.

crotchboots-m

AHHHHHH.

Shafted has the right response. I don’t even like to get leather boots wet in rain water.

Well it had to happen. As Dudley Doright’s horse, Horse, tells us, “The road to success is paved with low grade asphalt.” I went out this after noon wearing a white top, V front denim jacket, denim shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I forgot my hat, which is normally a part of my look, and that exposes all (or the lack there of) my gray hair which I wear in a pony tail. Anyway I went to a local park and found a secluded part where I sat at a picnic table with my sketch book and did a quick drawing of a tree. When I got done, I notice there was another car parked near mine. When I looked around, there was a guy near my age that was on the other side of the picnic area that was just staring at me. I read the look as, ”They let one of them in my park”. Since I was done, I walked to my car and left but he stared at me the whole time as i drove out. Next I went to the thrift emporium. As I walked in there was a guy stand by the front door that just couldn’t believe his eyes. I was getting used to being stared at. When I went in there were two more guys that made me the object of their attention. I wouldn’t have wanted to meet either of these guys in less than a crowded well lit area. Anyway, I wandered around a bit and found some CDs. The checkout line was the slowest I have ever seen and most people seemed a little uncomfortable around me. As I left, there was a crowd of 6 folks waiting for me to walk out. The guy that was standing by the door was now sitting on the ground and I said, “What, now I have an audience?” He replied, “Dressed like that what do you expect?” Anyway, I walked to my car to the groups delight. They weren’t nasty, just having fun at my expense. As I drove by them one of the ladies said, “You have nice legs.” I thanked her and bid them a good day. I realize that the fashion I chose was more appropriate for a young lady, but I enjoyed the look and if nothing else I added to the folklore of the folks that saw me. It was a change thought from my normal outings where no one appears to notice at all. All in all it was a fun outing.

Well it sounds like one of those nervewracking times that most of us expects but rarely happens. Just goes to show everyone that if you remain composed things have a way of turning out for the better.

Hi TBG,

You have great instincts, a key factor when stretching the imagination of the majority out there. Confidence is important but also dealing with possible threats, difficult situations is also a key. I have not had many bad experiences because of that instinct to be wary of possible trouble areas. For example, when i am in NYC and in my high heel thigh Boots, during the day i will go almost anywhere, Greenwich, 8th Street shopping area, Central park area etc. However at night I stay mostly in the high traffic tourist areas.

The same recently in San Francisco. I did receive lots of comments, but they were almost all positive. While walking to see the movie "Kinky boots' which was in the west end of the City near the University we passed agroup of guys and their girlfriends. As they saw us coming, both Cathy and I in high heel thigh high Boots over jodphurs, they all stopped talking and just fixed their eyes on us. As they passed one of the young lady's (probably early 20's) said to the group, "wow is that ever f-----g cool". To which one of the guys turned around and yelled back, " cool Boots"! After the movie Cathy and I were one of the first out of the theatre and into the lobby where about 50 to 60 other movie goers filed out. I'd have to say at least a dozen couples made comments about how cool the Boots looked, 'very sexy", "wow those are high heels i'd never be able to walk in those", etc. Two couples dressed in gothic style, sat down beside us and started up a conversation about fashion and freedom of expression, as we waited for our taxi. All very cool.

Well, i got a bit off topic, but in conclusion, way to go TBG, continue to be you!

david

Well it had to happen. As Dudley Doright’s horse, Horse, tells us, “The road to success is paved with low grade asphalt.”

I went out this after noon wearing a white top, V front denim jacket, denim shorts, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. I forgot my hat, which is normally a part of my look, and that exposes all (or the lack there of) my gray hair which I wear in a pony tail.

Anyway I went to a local park and found a secluded part where I sat at a picnic table with my sketch book and did a quick drawing of a tree. When I got done, I notice there was another car parked near mine. When I looked around, there was a guy near my age that was on the other side of the picnic area that was just staring at me. I read the look as, ”They let one of them in my park”. Since I was done, I walked to my car and left but he stared at me the whole time as i drove out.

Next I went to the thrift emporium. As I walked in there was a guy stand by the front door that just couldn’t believe his eyes. I was getting used to being stared at. When I went in there were two more guys that made me the object of their attention. I wouldn’t have wanted to meet either of these guys in less than a crowded well lit area. Anyway, I wandered around a bit and found some CDs. The checkout line was the slowest I have ever seen and most people seemed a little uncomfortable around me.

As I left, there was a crowd of 6 folks waiting for me to walk out. The guy that was standing by the door was now sitting on the ground and I said, “What, now I have an audience?”

He replied, “Dressed like that what do you expect?”

Anyway, I walked to my car to the groups delight. They weren’t nasty, just having fun at my expense. As I drove by them one of the ladies said, “You have nice legs.”

I thanked her and bid them a good day.

I realize that the fashion I chose was more appropriate for a young lady, but I enjoyed the look and if nothing else I added to the folklore of the folks that saw me. It was a change thought from my normal outings where no one appears to notice at all.

All in all it was a fun outing.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Another good boot day.

After yesterday I wanted to go out again and have a little better experience. I wore jeans, blue knit shirt, baseball cap, and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels and went to the Art Museum.

When I walked in I was greeted by the guard with a “Hi” and a nice smile. Walked over to the front desk to get a ticket to the Rembrant show and the gal at the desk, who had seen me many times before, greeted me with a big smile. I asked her for a favor, “If there is ever any problem with my choice of footware here at the museum, would you let me know?”

“Let me see” and she stood up and looked over the desk, “Oh, I love them.” “I can’t walk in heels, I have a hard time walking in flats.”

The other lady at the desk offered, “I don’t see how you walk in them.”

“Practice”

Lots of smiles all around and I went on into the museum. I worked for an hour then went into the Rembrant show. The show required standing for over an hour in 5” heels. Standing is harder than walking. After the show I sketched for another half hour then started to leave.

Since the gal at the front desk really did seem enthused about boots, I stopped by and offered, “You know they make these in flats.”

“Really!” “Can I look at them?” and she dashed out from behind the counter.

I turned my foot a little to show the heel and said, “These are 5.”

“Five inch!”, and another worker at the desk looked up and the gal looking at my boots called her out to look at them.

Then new gal said, “My highest heels are 3 ½” and I have problems with them”.

The first gal asked where I got them. And I told her ,“Howcool.com there not very expensive, and they do have a style with a low heel that has the laces in back.” I suggested she look at Pleaser’s and Ellie’s.

She said, “I’m going t have to look into this.

I bid them a good day and left with smiles all around.

Yep, a good boot day.

Shafted -

Iloveboots -

Thanks for the comments and concerns.

I really didn’t feel threatened by the group when I left the thrift emporium. They really seemed ready for the show. If I had had a little more composure I might have joked around with this bunch of folks. As it was (and the way the day had gone), caution told me to just leave well enough alone and leave. I have cautioned others many times to not become complacent about wearing where you go when wearing “different” fashions, and I try to take my own advice.

You know, TBG, I applaud you, I really do, for your efforts towards paving the way (asphalt or not) towards a society in which anyone can wear whatever they wish without a ridiculous backlash from society.

Please note that I am by no means attempting to undermine an appropriate level of decorum!

If the situation calls for "suit and tie," "service dress," or "ball and gown," then so be it. Whatever people wear to these affairs should respect this. But it should not be dictated with respect to style.

For example, if I, as a world traveller, chose to appear in the customonial garb of those of my station from Nepal (and I've been to Nepal), then this should be of no cause for concern.

dr1819 –

Thanks for the kind words. I try to respect the level of decorum of the places I visit wearing boots with heels which means I don’t go to any fancy places but since I don’t go to many fancy places anyway respecting decorum hasn’t been a problem.

As I have said, I do avoid heels at work. I also avoid the “society gatherings” at the museum. That just isn’t a crowd I’m comfortable with (there nice folks but I just don’t fit [my choice]). I do want to attend the symphony one of these days, wearing boots, but I haven’t been able to arrange my schedule to make that happen. The symphony crowd is mostly casual to suit and tie… nothing formal.

Most of the time I’m going to places where jeans are appropriate (sometimes people at these places have to put on jeans to dress up).

DarnHH –

The last thing I want to be is a leader. You know you can always tell the pioneers by all the arrows in their backs. If you follow a leader and things go wrong, it’s the leaders fault. (The rage is in jest). Heaven forbid that I become a fashion leader (that is not a major concern).

Thanks for the kind words.

People who simply do what they believe is the right thing to do, not because it's conforming to societal norms, but regardless of what societal norms may be - are always leaders. It's those who're always conforming who're the sheep who say, "EEWWWW!" The above is an amalgam from numerous fashion site posts where kneehighs, I, and others have attempted to "expand their minds" when it comes to fashion variations around the world. Often, it's not been a problem of enriching or enlightening their minds, but rather, trying to find a mind to enrichen or enlighten in the first place. Yep, like it or not, you're a leader, thighhighbootguy.

well said! :wink: as a pioneer, one must always be @ the "front lines" so to speak, to show the way for all others! just think about this: if Louis & Clark only knew what their great trip to the north west passage finally would come to all these years, it boggles one's mind! :oops: same with all the other ones too (space/aviation for example) :roll: or this line from LAWRENCE OF ARABIA "great things have small beginings"

Hi All,

image0000nw.jpg

image0026ck.jpg

image0039nv.jpg

image0057fl.jpg

image0061mk.jpg

image0075vn.jpg

image0080sm.jpg

image0095ut.jpg

image0104vh.jpg

image0106yw.jpg

image0131cs.jpg

image0144rp.jpg

image0156yz.jpg

image0169qa.jpg

image0174on.jpg

image0188nq.jpg

image0197so.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pics, sorry they are not the best quaility, but they are from my phone cam!

Ruud

p.s. If you would like to see some NAughty pics of me in my heels then PM me and I'll email them to you!! x x

hi heels

Tube head, They are 6.5inch heels and are size 7.5uk. My g'f normally wears them and I wear the thigh boots, but she was away for a night so i decided to give em a go. They were fantastic to wear as they are a different feel to the boots without the support of the thigh boot shaft. Ruud

hi heels