Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Today is Friday and that means jeans at work. I stopped into Bigg’s (grocery) on the way to work wearing, a long sleeved blue denim shirt, jeans, black baseball cap, and black leather thigh length boots with 5” stiletto heels. The employees at the store expect me to be wearing boots and don’t pay any attention.

There was a lady who did her best to ignore me and clearly didn’t approve of my footwear. I wound up behind her in the checkout line. I might as well have been on the moon, I have never been ignored so completely.

I hadn’t seen the register clerk before so I said, “So you lucked out and got the early shift”.

“Yeah, third time this week, its going to kill me. I like to sleep late.” I guess she might have seen me before today.

“Well at least its Friday and I get to wear jeans at work”.

“Yeah”.

“And these”, and indicated my boots.

“Cool”, and gave me a nice smile.

What a great start for a day.

crotchboots-m -

I have never understood the fascination folks have with wearing boots in water. Any illumination on the subject would be appreciated.

JimC -

The Miss Sixty boots sound great and I’m looking forward to the pictures, and it sounds like you got a good deal.

I know the difference between a 4” and a 5” heel can be significant especially in a shoe size smaller than a 14, but the difference between a 5” heel and a ballet heel is off the scale. How do you wear a ballet heel?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I went back for a second look, he has some amazing outfits and boots, but I noticed it's a little bit rude!

Some portions DEFINATELY violate forum rules. I would recommend the moderators delete all references.

for thighboots: i really dont know how it got started,but ive been swimming/wading in boots since i was a kid. i like the way it feels...especially walking around in them soaked...the way they feel and sound when u walk in them is a rush for me.

Today has been a good boot day. It started off well (see my last post) and after work I stopped at Bigg’s again, wearing the same outfit. This time the place was full of people so I wandered around a bit and picked up my stuff.. I went to the checkout and got in the longest line. Again this week, a manager called me to a shorter line and it was a nice walk down the line to the register. Lots of folks noticed my boots but no one said a work.

After Bigg’s I went to Lowes garden center to buy mulch and landscape timbers. I got to walk around a good bit finding the stuff and had to get folks to open up the area where the timber were stores. I went through the register two times, once for the much the again alter for the landscape timbers. That means the cashier got to see the guy in thigh boots twice. The second time I was the only one in line so I said, “You don’t see too many guys wearing these”.

“No” and she didn’t look real pleased.

So I went on, “Actually you don’t see any guys wearing them. So, you don’t like then?”

She took a second look and really saw the heels and said, “No, they look nice...they really do”, and gave me a really nice smile.

Great end of the day.

dr1819 -

After looking through more of the material I’m inclined to agree with you. I removed the URL.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Now we know the reply counter will go to 4 digits. Ain't technology amazing.

Thanks everyone for all the great posts.

At lunch today I went to the Goodwill (thrift shop) and found a pair of denim shorts. I put on my Tony crotch boots and took a spin around the neighborhood. I didn’t meet anyone but there was lots of traffic.

Posted Image

TBG: Very nice pic. Ballet heels have two seperate hurdles to cross for walking. One is your weight on your toes, but that can be compensated for with the shape of the boot supporting your foot, and padding to protect your toes and spread out the weight. The other hurdle is the angle your ankle is put into. Some boots, such as Devious brand, are probably similer to a 6" heel, as your ankle is bent significantly. Another brand, from dungeonz.de is mroe similer to a 4-4.5" heel, and can be walked in without people even noticing. Unfortunatly, the two brands are opposite as far as supporting your foot. The devious brands keep most of your weight off your toes, the dungeons have very little support, and even with padding the most I can walk around in them for is about 45 minutes. Didnt mean to hijack your thread at all :D Seeya

(formerly known as "JimC")

Some portions DEFINATELY violate forum rules. I would recommend the moderators delete all references.

Agreed. I don't think anyone was to blame for referring to this here - there are about fifty galleries in total, with a few naughty pictures in a couple of them as far as I could see. On a first look I didn't see anything untoward.

for thighboots: i really dont know how it got started,but ive been swimming/wading in boots since i was a kid. i like the way it feels...especially walking around in them soaked...the way they feel and sound when u walk in them is a rush for me.

It's a good job we don't all like the same things, life would be so boring! The phrase "paddling in wellies" comes to mind.

Another fine boot outing.

I needed some materials from Lowe’s, sand and top soil which are locates at opposite ends of the store so I decided to make two trips into the store, one from each end. I wore a short sleeved shirt, jeans, black baseball cap and black leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels.

I the first stop was in the building materials department where I picked up 100 lbs. of sand. The shelf pricing wasn’t too clear so I had to ask about the price. Most of the other customers looked like building trade folks that weren’t used to seeing a guy in heels. I got in the checkout line and remembered I wanted something from plumbing. Plumbing is at the opposite end of the store so I walked the full length of the store, got my item, and walked back. I turned several heads in the process.

At the checkout, I was the only one in line so I asked the clerk (middle aged lady), “What do you think?”

She looked the boots over and asked, “Are they comfortable?”

“Very.”

“I could never walk in those.”

“They look bad?”

“No, they look good”

I moved the cart with the sand out to the car and loaded it then drove to the other end of the lot then went into the garden center.

I walked around to be sure they had what I wanted, then got into the checkout line (you pay first and they load the car). After a minute I remembered a downspout part I wanted so I walked around until I found it. One employee (attractive young lady) gave me a nice smile.

I got back in the checkout line and found the clerk with the smile was the checkout clerk. The part I had didn’t ring up correctly so she had to call for help. While we were waiting I said, ”You don’t see too many guys wearing these.”

“No?” (as a question)

“You don’t like them?”

“No, I’ve seen guys wearing them.”

“I thought I was the only guy around wearing them” .

“It was over in Cincinnati there are guys wearing them. There Ok.”

Picking my chin up off the counter I asked, “Where in Cincinnati are guys wearing these?”

“Oh, over are Hamburger Marys, its a bar and of course at The Warehouse”.

By this time I was really holding things up so I had her ring up the topsoil and I waited until they got the correct item number for the downspout part. This meant I was just standing around in thigh boots for about 10 minutes.

When they finally got the number I paid for the part nad headed out to the car. I drove back into the center to let them load the topsoil. Of course I got out to help.

It turns out that Hamburger Marys is a franchise operation that caters to a diverse community. The Warehouse is a similar bar. These places are not in best part of town and I may have to give visiting them some serious thought.

I'll bet you were wondering if she'd seen you before. Am I right?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

TBG: I think I've eaten at a hamburger marys, and yup, it was in Fort Lauderdales gay section. Although as compared to Ft Laud, My cities gay bar is also in a rougher area of town. Not sure why that is... odd Great to hear of more exploits. Currently wearing my 5"(+?) boots, and getting ready to leave for the day. I do plan to change shoes at some point as I will be working on a 500hp motor with my brother. seeya Jim

Part of the outing I neglected to mention was after leaving Lowe’s, I went to a Bigg’s grocery. I had to park in the middle of the lot and hike in (the store was busy). I really didn’t notice anyone paying much attention but after the trip to Lowe’s I might have been immune. At the register I asked the clerk whet she thought and got a polite but non committal answer (which meant she didn’t appreciate the bots).

I’m not sure if it was all the digging I did that day or all the walking in 5” heels but by the end of the day I was beat.

It was still a good day.

Shafted –

Nope, it didn’t occur to me that she had seen me before. The places she mentioned are not places I have ever been to before.

Kneehigh –

If this is the model you were referring to:

Posted Image

I must have given the wrong impression somewhere. The “style” is fine with me (a little more than fine actually).

JimC –

Cincinnati is normally a safe place but the area where these bars are located has 400 arrests two weeks ago. The city and county police are aware that this isn’t a safe area and are making an effort to make it safer (I think there is a little competition between the two departments). As I have said, I don’t have a problem at all with the guy lifestyle but it isn’t my thing so venturing into this area is something I will do with reservation and caution. All I need is for an over zealous county cop to want to clear the streets a guy in thigh boots so he can show up the city police.

TBG:-) Great outing again for you. It certainly isn't often that a remark can cause you to have to pick your jaw off of the counter top. TEE! HEE! You certainly are making your mark in your thighboots. Cudos again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey guys, visited the nature walk in the swamp again. This time I decided to do the entire 1 mile walk in the 8899 thigh boots. Ran into two people. The first was a guy who was about one minute behind me when I got to the end of the trail and sat down to take a break. I'd forgotten my sunglass's, so I couldnt exactly 'hide'. He was more interested in the scenery then the oddball sitting down wearing thigh boots though.

Posted Image

I was on the shaded side, and not leaning back quite like that, but dressed exactly the same. After taking this pic the camera fell, and I watched one of the batteries roll into the swamp. Had to get back to the truck (1/2 mile) before I could see if the camera still worked. It did! Yay!

Before I got back to my truck I ran into a lady who was checking out the sites, she had probably 100 feet of walking before we cought up to each other where she could easily see the boots and hear the heels on the wood planks. Once again, pleasent smiles and greetings were exchanged :D

I'm thinking that anyone braving 95 degree weather to check out a drying swamp is up for seeing new things, and not shocked by the world around them. Probably much like the people TBG runs into at the museum.

Here are a couple other pics showing what I was wearing. Not the best outfit, just kinda grabed a t-shirt and my work pants were a little dirty.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Have a great one guys.

Jim

JimC -

My goodness gracious. A mile and a half trail in thigh boots with 5” heel in 95F weather. My goodness gracious.

Yes, it sounds like you got the same kind of reactions I often get. A polite acknowledgement of your existence (a returned smile) without further comment. About the only thing better is if someone says, “Nice boots”.

The pictures are excellent. Thanks for sharing them with us.

The temperature hasn’t gotten that warm in my area but I think if it does and I wear thigh boots it might have to be with shorts.

My goodness gracious. A mile and a half trail in thigh boots with 5” heel in 95F weather.

Not quite a mile and a half, just a mile, with a couple breaks of either sitting or leaning on the rail thrown in when I'd get a little bit wobbly. It did take a little bit for my jeans to dry out when I removed the boots though. Usually I try that walk first thing in the morning, not on the way home. It's probably good exercise though, :D Seeya Jim

JimC.:-) Although I wear my heeled boots all year around, we haven't had 95 degree weather here in our area. The temperatures are more comfortable, but that certainly is an amazing feat. I'm just as amazed as TBG is on that. Well---I guess that is one way of losing a few pounds and staying fit and trim. Amazing---just amazing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It's a trade off, our family is originally from Michigan. So we chose to cook vs freeze for a few months of the year. Although working in steam in FL summer can be dangerous. Only once did I flirt with heat stroke (stopped sweating, danger sign), so usually we will do 15 minute shifts when working in too hot of an environment. Thats about as long as we can go before your vision starts to get blurry and you get dizzy. Guess thats why the heat of that walk didnt seem so bad *shrug* I should have several months to practice with these boots before it's cool/cold enough to be comfortable temp wise while wearing them out in public. Although I think I might choose Miami Beach or the Keys to do so. TBG and iloveboots still have me beat by a large margin as far as wearing thigh boots in public places, which is great as it gives me inspiration :D Have fun guys Jim

I normally stop at Bigg’s grocery each morning on the way to work and wear a pair of black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” heels. I gave up posting about it because it has become a non event that I do every day.

Today I stopped in Bigg’s after work when the store was much more crowded and really got little notice. After that I went to a large drug store and got no notice at all. Finally I stopped at Goodwill and wandered around. I even tried on a pair of shoes that would have been cool if they had fit (you never know until you try). Trying on shoes means I had to take my boots off and put them back on again in the store. All to no reaction. I did notice one of the sales clerks watching me and as I was about to leave we started chatting. I finally said, “I saw you notice them (indicating my boots). What do you think?”

“Those are awesome! Where did you get them?”

“Web site, howcool.com”.

“ I’m jealous I can’t wear boots like that.”

“Really?” ( I thought she was going to comment on the heels).

“No, I was in the marching band and I have huge muscles in my calves. Almost all boots are too tight. I can hardly wear cowboy boots”.

I bid her a good afternoon and she said, ‘Those REALLY are awesome!”

It’s nice to run into someone with such good taste. :cry:

JimC -

I miss read you nature hike post. I thought the trail was a mile and there was another half mile to your truck (big parking lot). If that was the case it would have been two miles rather than one and a half. But still in all, a mile in 5” heels is a GOOD walk.

Most of the public really doesn’t care what you wear, but you know that (now all you have to do is really believe it) and continued experience will reinforce the knowledge. That makes it all a “head game”, and that’s a game you can win.

You might try wearing the boots with shorts. If the look isn’t too much of a challenge it might be a lot more comfortable. The top part of the your leg stays cool and the rest is reasonably comfortable in the boots. It feels great, but the look is a bit more daring. :D

Working is steam while being dizzy and blurry vision is something I don’t even want to imagine. At least you know the danger signs. Be careful.

TBG: I need to get some shorts/pants that are a slimmer fit for use with the boots. Most of my stuff has been a bit baggy to help with flexibility while on a jobsite. I almost got a pair of womens leather pants not too long ago at a goodwill supercenter in Miami, probably should have. oh well. Btw, my new thigh high ballet boots showed up, they are a UK 10, not a US womens 10. I was a bit dissapointed as the boots themselves are quite well made. Fortunatly my b/f expessed interest in wearing them for the first time in 4 years, so there may be hope yet for seeing two guys in South florida wandering around in heels/boots. (I won't push him to do that though, let him make that decision) Time to leave for work, have fun everyone Jim

hi there jim! :o I was wondering what kind of hose/socks you wear with your thighboots, & what kind (if any) of insoles you have in them. I have somthing called PUMP PALS that I put in to my DEMONIA black platform boots (which I plan to wear today going put to the movies, all in black to match! :D ) & as far as I know, they really do work for heeled boots and/or shoes! :D I also have found that (for these particular boots) that very thin hose works for MY feet, but its funny that for my NINE WEST blade heel knee boots I need to wear THICK socks, so go figure! :cry: (think that it all has to do with the type of boot, its over-all design, & how it may fit best on your feet.)

I actually have 2 types of pads in the 5.5" thigh boots. One is a small "open toe shoe" style that helps pad right where the bone hits the pad of the foot, and a larger pad that covers most of the flat part of the inner boot. I would have to dig around to see if I could find the names. Usually I wear socks, as I don't actualy own any hose at this point. I do have some lycra socks, and I also have some lycra unitards with feet, but am unlikely to wear those in public. If I need to pull the boots on over my jeans I will wear at least mid calf height socks to keep the pants in place, I have a pair of MX socks by Thor that are quite comfortable for that :D Btw, I got one of the thigh boots on my b/f for a test fit a few minutes ago, they fit great :cry: Seeya Jim

Well MrTom, If you worry about what other people think of you, you won't. There's nothing wrong with being a transvestite AND it's not illegal to be stupid, many people are stupid and manage to live happy and fulfilled lives. My 2d worth - in old money!