Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

Absolutely awesome story, iloveboots! Perhaps this is the beginning of a new trend in men's fashion, although I won't expect it to be just around the corner.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yo, TBG! Outstanding! It was great to see those pictures! And don't worry about quality! I'm assuming none of us here are photography experts, so you just do the very best that you can. And I think you did well. Meanwhile, those blue boots look sensational! More power to you, my friend! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I needed to go to Lowe’s home center to get 100 pounds of sand. I also needed top go to a yard good store to get a zipper to replace a broken one in a leather skirt. For the shopping trip I wore blue jeans a black turtleneck, black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels and the gold and silver clip on earrings. The outfit makes a strong statement about non-standard dressing.

Posted Image

What I am finding is that people get the idea that I am dressing this way on purpose and, so far, everyone has been willing to accept it. I tend to wear solid colors and the earrings really offer a nice balance. I am really starting to enjoy the look.

Anyway, the first stop was Hanover's Fabrics. The register clerk saw me come in and gave me a nice smile. I wandered through the store without attracting much notice. When I went back to the register the girl treated me as any other customer but she dud take a peek at my boots. I asker her if the earrings were too much and she said, ”Whatever you like”.

In the parking lot a guy and his wife nearly stood a car on its nose to stop and look. I just got into my car and went on my way.

I stopped at a Bigg’s (not the one I go to in the morning) and did some shopping without event. There was a lady handing out samples of a pound cake who noticed what I was wearing and gave me a smile. As I walked passed her going out, she made an effort to offer me one of the samples. I’m sure that if she really disapproved she would have ignored me.

At Lowe's, I was in the builder’s section and there were a lot of guys around in jeans and work boots. No one paid any attention to me. Just another customer that dresses a little funny.

Like I said above, I really am starting to enjoy wearing the earrings. They’re a lot fancier than the earrings most guys wear but then so are my thigh boots. I think people are thinking that if he is wearing earrings like that then the boots go right along with the look, or, the earrings are just one more thing that convinces people I’m a wacko to be avoided. Either way, I’m having fun with the look.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Posted Image

Like I said above, I really am starting to enjoy wearing the earrings. They’re a lot fancier than the earrings most guys wear but then so are my thigh boots. I think people are thinking that if he is wearing earrings like that then the boots go right along with the look, or, the earrings are just one more thing that convinces people I’m a wacko to be avoided. Either way, I’m having fun with the look.

I must say it is a most intruiging look. Not that I'm an expert on jewelry, but those earrings do suit you, and add to your overall image as a fashion maverick. Keep up the good work!

:D

I just realized I hadn’t thanked everyone for the nice comments on my lousy pictures. It’s great to be able to post something visual, after all, the Web is such a visual media.

Iloveboots -

What a great dinner outing. Just going out to dinner with you and Cathy in thigh boots must be a blast but then to be appreciated by a group of boot wearing fashion designers (while you had on better looking boots) ... again words fail me (your outings seem to have that effect). What a great evening, thanks for sharing it with us.

JeffB -

For 20 years I was a professional wedding photographer (I shot my first wedding on 4x5 B&W sheet film and used flashbulbs) and I have done graphics work so I know bad when I see it. I am really embarrassed at the quality of the stuff I am posting. When funds permit I’ll do better but until then I’ll have to go with what I got. Bu the way, think about how I managed to take outdoor pictures of myself with a PC camera.

By the way I think I’ll steal you line “fashion maverick”. What a great description of the look(s) I enjoy creating and wearing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB -

For 20 years I was a professional wedding photographer (I shot my first wedding on 4x5 B&W sheet film and used flashbulbs) and I have done graphics work so I know bad when I see it. I am really embarrassed at the quality of the stuff I am posting. When funds permit I’ll do better but until then I’ll have to go with what I got. Bu the way, think about how I managed to take outdoor pictures of myself with a PC camera.

Well, you're certainly more versed with a camera than I am! I just fumble along with my rinky-dink point and shoot as best I can. Even I'm amazed at how well my pictures have turned out!

By the way I think I’ll steal you line “fashion maverick”. What a great description of the look(s) I enjoy creating and wearing.

Heh! I was kinda hoping you would! That term fits you perfectly!

ILoveBoots:-) What luck---you and Cathy bumping into a group of fashion designers. Maybe finally some heeled boots for men will get off of the runways and into the retail shops sometime in the future. I'm sure that your conversations with them started the wheels to turn in their minds and maybe something will eventually come of it. We can only hope. Thighbootguy:-) It is so nice to see some pics of you outdoors, never mind the quality for now. Some TBG pics are better than none. Your equipment and technics will improve in the future. JeffB:-) I like that phrase that you coined and it does fit TBG perfectly. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yesterday was a museum day. I wore a white turtleneck, 5 picket black leather jeans, thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, a black blazer and gold dime size earrings. This was the first time the earrings have gone to the museum.

Posted Image

I sketched for about two hours and although that is very relaxing, I was exhausted so I walked on through the museum. I didn’t get a comment even though I talked with several folks about the art. One guy wasn’t sure if he was allowed to go out into the courtyard, as an unsolicited comment I said he could and he looked offended that I spoke to him.

After the museum, I changed into a long black long cloth skirt with a slit that goes up past my left knee and went shopping. Keep in mind, with those heels, I’m 6’5” and wearing a skirt.

Posted Image

I went into a grocery I don’t normally frequent and I don’t think many people even noticed what I was wearing. The register clerk (young girl) was a little embarrassed when I got to the register but that happens.

Next I went to Famous Footware. Both The clerks and the manager greeted me and I looked around the boots section. There were fewer boots to choose from that two weeks ago. Did I miss the season?

Next I went to a big thrift store that often has nice stuff. I have gotten a lot of ladies stuff there. The store was very busy and I walked through the ladies isles twice without finding anything. Lots of folks noticed the 6’5” guy in a black ladies suit and 5” heels. No one said anything to me but after I passed some folks I did get several smiled, one “look at them boots”, and a couple of snickers.

I then went to another variety store without event.

These stores are in the mall with the mirror fronted shop so I did get to see what the outfit looked like. I really think I like the shorter skirt but this is a learning experience.

This morning's grocery shopping trip was fun. I wore a white turtle neck, tan suede jacket, dime size gold earrings, black leather thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels, and black leather knee length skirt. There aren’t many customers in the store in the morning, but the entire stock crew is busy filling the shelves. Most of these people just ignore me but one gal in produce seemed to make an extra effort to ignore me. I walked around the store them went to the checkout and the clerk was one of the folks that I thought disapproved of the way I dressed. As she was giving me the required “Good morning”, I saw her glance at my skirt. I asked, “Is that too much?”, and she gave me a grin. I wasn’t expecting a reply but she said, “Do you think its too much?” “I really don’t know, I like the look.” “Where do you work?” “In town”. “What do the people there think?” “Oh, I change before I go in. The guys there plan major events around hunting season and they really wouldn’t understand, but I do wear this a lot on the weekends”. She still seemed interested but at a loss for words. As I was leaving I said, “This is new for me, if you see me wearing something that is really wacko let me know, I’d really appreciate it.” She said she would. I don’t know if her curiosity finally got the better of her or she took pity on her nutty customer but it was nice to have her talk to me. One thing I bought this morning were some thigh high stay up hose. These have a comfortable elastic top and are much more convenient than panty hose. I have been wearing trouser socks but these hose are nice.

Yesterday was a museum day. I wore a white turtleneck, 5 picket black leather jeans, thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels, a black blazer and gold dime size earrings. This was the first time the earrings have gone to the museum.

Posted Image

I sketched for about two hours and although that is very relaxing, I was exhausted so I walked on through the museum. I didn’t get a comment even though I talked with several folks about the art. One guy wasn’t sure if he was allowed to go out into the courtyard, as an unsolicited comment I said he could and he looked offended that I spoke to him.

After the museum, I changed into a long black long cloth skirt with a slit that goes up past my left knee and went shopping. Keep in mind, with those heels, I’m 6’5” and wearing a skirt.

Posted Image

I went into a grocery I don’t normally frequent and I don’t think many people even noticed what I was wearing. The register clerk (young girl) was a little embarrassed when I got to the register but that happens.

Next I went to Famous Footware. Both The clerks and the manager greeted me and I looked around the boots section. There were fewer boots to choose from that two weeks ago. Did I miss the season?

Next I went to a big thrift store that often has nice stuff. I have gotten a lot of ladies stuff there. The store was very busy and I walked through the ladies isles twice without finding anything. Lots of folks noticed the 6’5” guy in a black ladies suit and 5” heels. No one said anything to me but after I passed some folks I did get several smiled, one “look at them boots”, and a couple of snickers.

These stores are in the mall with the mirror fronted shop so I did get to see what the outfit looked like. I really think I like the shorter skirt but this is a learning experience.

A big compliment to you! The first time I got an impression of your style. Were you ashamed the whole time because of your age? I think that we both have forgotten to live our passion in our youth. But better now than never :D

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thighbootguy: I must say you certainly continue to impress. Each new outing is a new adventure that I enjoy reading. You certainly are bold in what you wear, and your outfits are outstanding! Mondo kudos to you, my friend! You're an inspiration to all of us to pushing the envelope in ways few of us wouldn't dream of doing! Keep it up! :D

Absolutely awesome TBG,

Impressive outfits, incredible Boots, and tremendous confidence...what a winning combination.

david

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

This morning’s grocery trip was fun. I wore the same black leather knee length skirt, white dress shirt over a black sleeveless turtleneck, long black cardigan sweater, gold and silver two piece earrings Posted Image, and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. Although they aren’t visible, the thigh length stockings feel great with the thigh boots and skirt, and are much more comfortable than panty hose.

As I walked in, one lady, who was leaving, saw me and gave me a smile. After that, one woman customer did a real double take and then returned my smile. I don’t get many honest to gosh double takes. When I got to the register the clerk was a young lady that had seen me before, but it had been a while. She looked interested in (as opposed to scandalized by) what I was wearing so I asked, “What would you change?”

She misunderstood my question and looked me over and said, “Yeah, you have changed”.

“No ... what would you change”?

She looked me over head to toe again and said, “Nothing, you look nice, it works”.

We bid each other a good day and I left.

I was hopping the clerk from yesterday would have been there because I wanted to ask her how she sees what I am doing. I really am curious how the rest of the world sees me.

Fashion Maverick

If it makes him happy

What guy wearing thigh boots?

Nutcase

Pervert

. So many people either don’t notice or choose to ignore me that I get no feedback.

On the other hand, I should be careful about what I wish for. Isn’t there an ancient Chinese curse, “May all your wishes be granted”? I may be better off not knowing what other people really think and be glad that the general public is willing to let me dress as I like.

Misha –

Age had nothing to do with not posting pictures. It was a matter of lacking hardware. I have been enjoying women’s boots for at least 30 years but only in the past 3-4 have I been wearing them in public so a missed opportunity of youth, maybe, but back then I don’t think it would have been as accepted as it is today. Maybe my age has something to do with the level of acceptance I have been experiencing. The skirt wearing is a recent thing (and all JeffB’s fault :D ).

DawnHH-

JeffB-

iloveboots –

Thanks all for the kind words.

Do you see why I don’t put a lot of stock in this group’s view of how the world sees me? I think there are very few others that would say stuff like “winning combination”, “inspiration to all of us”, “big complement”, “outfit works great”. Although I sincerely appreciate the complements, I think it means you guys are as nutty as I am. :wink: It's great to be part of this group.

Age had nothing to do with not posting pictures. It was a matter of lacking hardware. I have been enjoying women’s boots for at least 30 years but only in the past 3-4 have I been wearing them in public so a missed opportunity of youth, maybe, but back then I don’t think it would have been as accepted as it is today. Maybe my age has something to do with the level of acceptance I have been experiencing. The skirt wearing is a recent thing (and all JeffB’s fault :wink: ).

Whine, whine, whine! Sheesh! Next you'll be blaming me for inflation, bad weather and the lack of large sized women's shoes in department stores!

Although I sincerely appreciate the complements, I think it means you guys are as nutty as I am. :wink: It's great to be part of this group.

Well, I've always believed that sanity is vastly overrated, so let's be nutty as a truckload of Planters together!

:rofl:

Well, I've always believed that sanity is vastly overrated, so let's be nutty as a truckload of Planters together!

:rofl:

Hey.....lemme know when that truck passes through Montana. I'd love to jump on for a ride! :D

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hi TBG.....

Yup, it is agreat group of people, can you imagine a room full of all of us!

david

This morning’s grocery trip was fun. I wore the same black leather knee length skirt, white dress shirt over a black sleeveless turtleneck, long black cardigan sweater, gold and silver two piece earrings Posted Image, and black thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. Although they aren’t visible, the thigh length stockings feel great with the thigh boots and skirt, and are much more comfortable than panty hose.

As I walked in, one lady, who was leaving, saw me and gave me a smile. After that, one woman customer did a real double take and then returned my smile. I don’t get many honest to gosh double takes. When I got to the register the clerk was a young lady that had seen me before, but it had been a while. She looked interested in (as opposed to scandalized by) what I was wearing so I asked, “What would you change?”

She misunderstood my question and looked me over and said, “Yeah, you have changed”.

“No ... what would you change”?

She looked me over head to toe again and said, “Nothing, you look nice, it works”.

We bid each other a good day and I left.

I was hopping the clerk from yesterday would have been there because I wanted to ask her how she sees what I am doing. I really am curious how the rest of the world sees me.

Fashion Maverick

If it makes him happy

What guy wearing thigh boots?

Nutcase

Pervert

. So many people either don’t notice or choose to ignore me that I get no feedback.

On the other hand, I should be careful about what I wish for. Isn’t there an ancient Chinese curse, “May all your wishes be granted”? I may be better off not knowing what other people really think and be glad that the general public is willing to let me dress as I like.

Misha –

Age had nothing to do with not posting pictures. It was a matter of lacking hardware. I have been enjoying women’s boots for at least 30 years but only in the past 3-4 have I been wearing them in public so a missed opportunity of youth, maybe, but back then I don’t think it would have been as accepted as it is today. Maybe my age has something to do with the level of acceptance I have been experiencing. The skirt wearing is a recent thing (and all JeffB’s fault :D ).

DawnHH-

JeffB-

iloveboots –

Thanks all for the kind words.

Do you see why I don’t put a lot of stock in this group’s view of how the world sees me? I think there are very few others that would say stuff like “winning combination”, “inspiration to all of us”, “big complement”, “outfit works great”. Although I sincerely appreciate the complements, I think it means you guys are as nutty as I am. :wink: It's great to be part of this group.

This morning’s grocery trip was fun. I wore the same black leather knee length skirt, white dress shirt over a black sleeveless turtleneck, long black cardigan sweater, gold and silver two piece earrings Posted Image

Don't worry :wink: I'm wearing thick 1'' BCR's in both ear lobes and a lip ring :D

TBG: I must say you continue to impress us in so many ways with your adventures. Clearly you've pushed the envelope in ways none of us would dream of doing, including me....at least not yet anyway. Heh! The earrings are certainly a nice touch, and while I'm no expert on jewelry, gold does seem to suit you. Was that a lucky guess or did you do research before you made your choice? Inquiring minds wanna know! :D

JeffB- It was a lucky guess and the price was right ($1). I bought them because they felt good to wear and never dreamed I would wear them in public.

JeffB-

It was a lucky guess and the price was right ($1). I bought them because they felt good to wear and never dreamed I would wear them in public.

I would say that there's a lot of things we never dreamed of wearing in public, like women's shoes, skirts or earrings! These things just happen I guess. Call it fate.

Good Morning Y'all, The snow was a falling last night here in BC, Canada....and Cathy and I were dressed for the weather! We went out to dinner last night both in high heel black leather thigh high Boots overtop of our pants. Walking back to our car, we took the long way through downtown on the main street, couldn't resist doing a little window shopping, stopped into a bookstore etc., when we came to an intersection waiting for the light to change. At the intersection were an elderly couple, probably mid 70's, both very fashionably dressed, in fact the Lady had on black hh ankle Boots and a nice white fur coat. We all made eye contact with hello's exchanged. After the foot to head eyes up and down look the Lady says to us, "are you two ever dressed appropriately for tonights weather. Those are very nice Boots you're both wearing." We thanked her for her comments and continued our walk. It is these wonderful genuine comments that confirm that there are many people who are open to fashion and do not have closed minds to expression. david

David you're so lucky to live in Canada... In what other country is our small world people crosses you in the street smiling and saying hello??? Everybody that I know that went to Canada once said me this.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

David you're so lucky to live in Canada...

In what other country is our small world people crosses you in the street smiling and saying hello???

Everybody that I know that went to Canada once said me this.

Hi Flavio,

I'm living myself in a northern country and I'm pondering why people are more tolerant in northern countries. I don't know an answer. Canadians are often more tolerant than US-Americans. In Europe it's similar. The Scandinavians are usually the most tolerant people. Is it the protestant religion or the spreading atheism which makes the difference?!

But be careful as guy from Brazilia. The winters in the northern hemisphere are hard and very long. Nothing for a guy with a southern mentality. Many monthes the sun is appearing only for few hours above the horizon. And the temperatures are going down to -30 Cel. At least a perfect climate for overknee boot lovers :D

nice greetings

micha

PS: otherwise the summer days are warm and very long. In northern Canada or Sweden the sun will never go down in the midsummer nights.

Dear Michael, To me, as a reasonably travelled latin guy, the answer is that in Southern cultures the climates makes people live more in the outside of the houses. This means they tend to mess more in others' lives. Add to this some ignorance and despostism and the cocktail is ready. This is why traditionally southerns people tend to be more racists, extremists in religions, etc. This is why my favourite heeling time is winter here. The other day I was in a city at late evening time. 1 degree celsius. I was walking around in thigh high boots and hardly anyone said anything. Cold makes people more quiet, more calmed down somehow. Only one comment was heard: "after all, he does not harm anyone, and it shows off good taste". However, nowadays the cultural mixture has steered societies enough to consider that the situation is pretty much equalized, especially in cosmopolite cities as where I live (Barcelona). However, if you come here you have to be shielded to the fact that the number of double takes and comments will no doubt be higher. But as we say: "dog that barks does not bite". Grüssen,

Posted Image

Cathy and I just got back from our morning shopping thought we'd send along a few pics. Cathy was not in Boots this morning however I was. Enjoyed ourselves at the bakery, coffee and pastries. Good conversation with some friends we ran into. Stopped at the fresh produce market and also the butchers. Then we spent an hour or so downtown at the bookstore and walking around the main street. Still quite a bit of snow around. Just came through the door about 45 minutes ago and took a few pics. At www link below you can see the larger versions....

david

Posted Image

Posted Image

This last pic shows how tired this ole boy is! LOL!

david

Dear Michael,

To me, as a reasonably travelled latin guy, the answer is that in Southern cultures the climates makes people live more in the outside of the houses.

This means they tend to mess more in others' lives. Add to this some ignorance and despostism and the cocktail is ready.

This is why traditionally southerns people tend to be more racists, extremists in religions, etc.

This is why my favourite heeling time is winter here. The other day I was in a city at late evening time. 1 degree celsius. I was walking around in thigh high boots and hardly anyone said anything. Cold makes people more quiet, more calmed down somehow. Only one comment was heard: "after all, he does not harm anyone, and it shows off good taste".

However, nowadays the cultural mixture has steered societies enough to consider that the situation is pretty much equalized, especially in cosmopolite cities as where I live (Barcelona).

However, if you come here you have to be shielded to the fact that the number of double takes and comments will no doubt be higher. But as we say: "dog that barks does not bite".

Grüssen,

Dear Bob,

I'm convinced that Spain has changed tremendously since the Franco time! Especially the big metropoles like Madrid and Barcelona. The same is valid for other countries like Italia or Portugal in spite of their catholic tradition. I have been several times in Barcelona. Not on high heels but I could imagine today to wear heels on the "Ramblas" without any bad comments.

Together with friends I'm an owner of a house at the northwest coast of Mallorca. For the next spring my family and I have planned a common holyday. They all know about my high heels passion. Naturally I will wear boots or sandalettes in Palma and I'm curious about the reactions. I can't imagine that it could be worse than in my direct neighbourhood in Frankfurt with all those young turkish immigrants. Sometimes really hard :D